WWE Cheap Pops: Episode 1

This?  Is AWESOME.  Where are the guys doing this goofy self-aware comedy when the main shows need them?  SCUBA KANE!Way better than Slam City.

Comments

1. It's Malibu Kane but with a new mask

2. That was awesome! Shoot the curl, Kane!

3. Those two minutes made me laugh more than the last two months of RAW (with the exception of Ambrose's ice bucket challenge).

4. Mainly his second feud with Randy Savage. Today's wrestlers would kill for one iconic moment in their career; Snake and Savage had probably a dozen from just this angle. So many people would remember so many moments from that, but I would just like to mention at the end of the snake bite, there was a camera shot from near POV of the snake, and you can see Jake, just out of focus, wearing the devil's grin. It was a perfect shot, asking a simple question, "Who is the real snake here?" Kudos to the cameraman (whoever you are) for capturing that.

5. Someone please explain their strategy of putting all this original content on YouTube as opposed to the Network.

6. Bitch. I'll see you in court.

7. Did anyone really expect him to last 15 years after HoW? Especially when he didn't start getting clean till only a few years ago.

8. I love when WWE has shows like this that are clearly written by a hardcore fan, and it's probably green-lit and approved by someone who doesn't have any idea why any of it's funny.

9. Something something "social media" something something "trending" something "shared" something something "hashtag Universe"

10. Take away the Ice Bucket Challenge, and you can probably go back 6 months and still not find 2 minutes worth.

11. The Bella's acting is pretty funny.

12. Even if it was openly as half-assed as that (which I have little doubt you're probably 100% accurate, to the letter), shouldn't they show, I don't know, 30 seconds of it on YouTube? A minute, maybe? And then direct everyone to watch more on the Network.

Seems like that would be a lot more effective than the constant 9-9-9 self-mockery.

13. Thinking about it is funny, but watching it is a strong case in favor of suicide.

14. Scott Keith from his review of the Heroes of Wrestling PPV.

15. I think it's awesome that you're related to somebody that had her face spray painted on Rick Rude's crotch.

16. Those gimmicks are better than any of Kane's real gimmicks ever.

17. TM CooltrainerBretAugust 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM

They tried a little too hard, but thats better than not trying.

18. Fun Fact: All the cool shit you see on their website and YouTube channel is the result of nobody of any importance moderating that stuff. Meanwhile, anything that goes on the Network HAS to be signed off by Vince McMahon.

Simply put, the rarities and the curiosities will only start showing up on the Network once Vince loses interest in it, by which point his lack of interest in it will doom it to further failure anyway. Ho-hum.

19. I'm honored to be the one that Scott took this from.

20. Only the hardcore fans know.

21. WWE has found their Robot Chicken.

22. It popped up in my subscription list on YouTube, but if it makes you feel better...

23. :/ That 2014 Hall of Fame class not doing so well so far...

Really hoping Jake pulls through all of this. Cant not cheer for the guy after how far he's came in the last couple of years

24. TM CooltrainerBretAugust 28, 2014 at 11:24 PM

You're leaving money on the table by not putting over ABeyAn-*Shot*

25. Not everyday where I get to be the one to post something in another thread, only for you to make it official.

26. I hate to break it to you but if you think Cena no-sells injuries...

27. Virgil's Gimmick TableAugust 29, 2014 at 12:47 AM

.......... BITCH

28. Virgil's Gimmick TableAugust 29, 2014 at 12:50 AM

AHHH SCUBA KANE! GOD DAMN YOU!!!

29. I don't think Scott knows who you are.

30. MaffewOfBotchamaniaAugust 29, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I was waiting for Singapore Kane.

31. Kurt Angle won a gold medal with A BROKEN FREAKIN' NECK!

Who'd Jesus ever beat?

32. Have you designed any buildings in New York?

33. Really great stuff! I loved the Kane running gag, the Adam Bomb, and Beserker segments especially.

34. That's the good stuff.

35. Al Perez...if only to hear the story of him telling Cornette he was going to shoot on Ric Flair and take the title. I always thought he would do really well. He had the look and he was a good enough worker.

36. "Who the hell hired Abeyance1??"

37. Daniel Bryan looks like he need to be Wellness'd in this.

38. Legit LOL'd in the office. Thanks dick.

39. The feud with Savage, far and away.

40. Malibu Kane is good and all, but how about that appearance by the BoD's own Curtzerker?

41. Sadly the first thing that comes to mind for me, is the years of struggle and abuse to himself. As other younger less publicly filled with demons guys left us over the years it was surprising that Jake outlasted them.

Luckily now you can think about Page and the yoga and the happy smiling man with his grand kids at the hall of fame ceremony. I said something similar yesterday but I really hope he is able to pull through, the man has worked to hard to get himself cleaned up to not be able to enjoy his life and family for a longer stretch than this.

As far as wresting goes, yea the Savage feud but really I'd go with anything Jake did when he was with it and on his game. The promos were always great from his feud with steamboat to Honky to Rude and even having to try and carry Andre. His back stage Survivor series 88 promo after having Andre choke him half to death is great stuff.

42. Funny, because that was basically the same governing principle regarding the WWF Magazine in 1994-1996 when the on-air product was painfully behind the times but Russo was able to play around in a sandbox unsupervised, basically inventing his own storylines for wrestlers and doing what was essentially a proto-wrestling blog.

43. Don't thank my dick. Thank Rude's.

44. I think it would have to be significantly longer to be Network worthy in the feed, although obviously it could be uploaded somewhere.

45. Oh, definitely. But whoever is responsible for content like this (and stuff like the warehouse tour, Are You Serious?, etc.) should be developing long-form original content for the network. That's actually how real television networks develop material and stay alive.

46. As far as original content goes, it's remarkable how far ahead WWE's website and YouTube channel are from the Network. Stuff like The Dirt Sheet, WWE Download, Are You Serious, the JBL & Cole Show, and this are things I would love to see extended to maybe 15 minutes and shown as Network exclusives.

47. I've been doing some thinking, and I've got some ideas
    to improve the show. I got it right here.

One, Triple H needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time
    machine. Two, whenever Triple H's not on screen, all the other characters
    should be asking "Where's Triple H"?

48. I never thought for a second Matt Morgan had the tools to become a star. What did everybody see in him other than being very tall?

49. Perez would be my pick here.

50. You've heard the expression "let's get busy"? Well, this is a Superstar who gets "biz-zay!" Consistently and
    thoroughly.

51. Unfortunately, and since everybody is going to go with wrestling memories I feel like it'll be fine to drop this one, it's the part in Beyond The Mat where he's being interviewed and starts getting distracted and annoyed by something sticky in his jacket and he exclaims, "What the hell is this shit?" and some heckling kids in the audience yell "He's going to eat it!"

52. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonAugust 29, 2014 at 7:25 AM

That's his valet.

53. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonAugust 29, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Citizen Kane.

54. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonAugust 29, 2014 at 7:28 AM

AM I the only one that LOL'ed at Brock upper-cutting the deer into the lake?
    Am I the only one that thinks that how Brock really hunts?

55. So THIS is where the employees of WWE who are actually fans are stuck working.

56. These could definitely be the *bumpers* that run between the shows on the live feed.

57. Brilliant. On another note, some of the comments people leave on official WWE youtube videos are fascinating - not in a good way

58. I was just thinking that.....you got it bad when you recognize words verbatim from PPV reviews (who expected him to still be alive 15 years later????? Not me)

59. True, but I'll give another viewpoint on it......as much as I would like to see him pull through, if God forbid he doesn't, maybe since Jake - being a Christian - just got his life back together, and maybe it's God calling him home now that he seems to be walking more in his faith and has turned it around before he could give in to the demons.

60. Mr. T......and he will still be talking about his mother

61. In fairness, he's the most over babyface of all times.....and - to quote Ric Flair, he's bled, sweat and paid the price for it!

62. They should use that ominous Brock music sting on TV, just as mind games from Heyman.

63. His stare, walking to the ring to the ominous music. You know that jobber was fucked.

64. Reminds me of those Bone Crunching WWF action figures from the mid-1990s when every guy had ripped abs.

65. I still remember the hype for SummerSlam '02 (?) was Brock F-5'ing a shark.

66. (smiles) "Trust me."

From Raven, to DDP, to Punk and Orton and Ambrose...there are very few wrestlers who have that level of influence on following generations.

67. He talks about it on the DVD that was released during the bikertaker years. He said he learned a lot, both good and bad.

68. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonAugust 29, 2014 at 8:49 AM

The Steamboat feud is an underrated gem.

69. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonAugust 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM

You want someone to throw up in his mouth?

70. Totally agreed. Wrestling is a business where size has made all the difference many times and Morgan has that and a physique. Sometimes that's enough (see: Khali, Great).

71. I know, it's very sad.

72. The moment I heard the music play, I thought, "He's gonna victimize that deer!"

73. And I'm fine with that.

74. The Heroes of Wrestling promo, unfortunately.

75. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryAugust 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM

His promos, one of my favorites ever on the stick

76. Aaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd it's gone.....

77. AverageJoeEverymanAugust 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM

further away even

78. Again, they NEED to make Are you Serious a weekly half-hour show on the Network, that's pure money.

79. Still one of my favorite guilty pleasures, when Hurricane confronted Kane and they paid off the obvious joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJYv9hhLeg.

80. I have to go now. My planet needs me.

81. There really does need to be a WWE version of Cheap Seats, that show was hilarious (especially the wrestling and Steve Garvey "celebrity" episodes).

82. It'll just be up on Dailymotion anyway because nothing ever gets removed from that site.

83. Oh, God, yes. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.

84. Have you seen the new addition to the Guggenheim?

85. I guess somebody brought it to Vince's attention.

86. Huh. Guess I should've watched it this morning.

87. Buddha was much more calm, confident, and in control. The quintessential babyface.

88. Fantasy draft tonight. Should be a good time. I'm picking 10.

89. This is Spinal Tap.

90. See "This is Spinal Tap."

91. Bonky Tink Nab promo from Wrestlemania 3 (Honky Tonk Man)

92. Listen my man, you think you got the one over me? I tell you, my man that you ain't begun to see what me and Damien can do when you feel the power of the DDT.

93. My mom got it twice and it is truly a miracle from God she was able to recover. Take it day by day.

94. Yeah. For some reason, Randy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to go quietly, at his home, at the age of 88. Morbid thinking, I know....but some guys just give off this aura of "ending in a fiery blaze of glory". Randy Orton is one of those guys.

95. Poor Damien. Led to some quality stuff down the line, though. I mean, how many other guys back then, let alone TODAY, could get the death of a fucking MASCOT animal over the way Jake did with Damien? His psychology of even the smallest things was brilliant.

96. I really wish '91 would have gone down with heel Jake getting a run with the belt.

97. Possibly but in the greatest heel turn in the history of wrestling, Hogan hit Savage with 3 legdrops. This guy got pierced and bled out - Sandman didn't even do that to Tommy Dreamer!