Thursday, September 11, 2014

Evening Thread - Thursday Edition

Tonight, the WWE Network presents NXT Takeover: Fatal 4 Way, live at 8:00 PM ET. The card as it stands right now:

Mojo Rawley vs. Bull Dempsey
Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester LeFort - Hair vs. Hair Match
Bayley vs. Charlotte - NXT Women's Championship
Sin Cara & Kalisto vs. The Ascension - NXT Tag Team Championship
Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze - NXT Championship

It's a wide open thread, so if you're not watching the show, feel free to discuss other matters of importance.

1. ....the cbs woman reporter's a little haggard looking

2. That main event has real potential.

3. Evening. I a had rough day.

4. Tyson Kidd is like a luchador version of Dean Malenko.

5. Two News Itens:
    Ric Flair will not be here as he had a scheduling conflict.
    CJ Parker as a match against a mystery opponent. According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, the opponent is not someone new to NXT.

6. Yeah NXT baby!

7. School, women, or family?

8. What happened?

9. Nothing stressful to the point of snap, just tired. I've been studying since 8AM to now.

10. Just College stuff, I'm tired. I was studying from 8 am to now.

11. OK, so we all know Ray Rice is not the 1st or even the most famous athlete to be involved in a domestic violence incident. So why has this case been the one that has become the cultural tipping point for sports and domestic violence? Is it simply because there's video? Is it just a product of the social media age we live in?

12. Winter is coming to a end, hello Spring AKA prelude to Summer, AKA prelude to Hell on Rio.

13. Ouch, those days do wear on you.

14. Energy here is amazing, can't wait. Dark match was Becky Lynch vs Paige. Was a great quick kick off. Also hyping that Rene is the first woman to announce a WWE PPV even though it's just a special

15. "scheduling" or should Chavo stay away from his cell phone this evening

16. Seeing it is way different, but it's a little bit of both. We live in a different time. Hyper focused for a minute, then the attention burns off almost as quickly.

17. A product of the social media age. Jim Brown threw a woman off his balcony.

18. I'm excited to see how they handle the debut of KENTA, I'll probably switch over to the NFL after that though. I might switch back to see the main event, and possibly the women's match if it hasn't happened yet.

Prediction: The 4-way stip is a way to get the title off Neville without jobbing him so they can call him up ASAP, especially after he got a good reaction on monday.

19. I have to wake up every thruday 5am to be in college 8am, it takes a hour and a half to get there.

20. Goddell's soft suspension and the fact everyone knows he saw the tape and lied about it in order to keep the false image he has created for the NFL is why it is big.
    Christ, I am rooting for Pittsburgh to destroy this team tonight.

21. I agree with that, but then why isn't the Greg Hardy or Ray McDonald case getting as much attention?

22. The video is pretty graphic and really proves he did it, other times in the past it's been word against word which for fans of celebrities usually doesn't change their allegiance.

23. Sociology of education (great teacher and class, 8am to noon) Medieval II( awful teacher but the period is cool, 13pm to 17 pm).

24. Sasha Banks came off pretty darn confident in her character. Otherwise, this pre-show was a waste of time. Renee works best with Heyman.

25. The tag match could be good as well

26. Think I just saw Jason Whitlock outside the NXT arena with Tensai.

27. Agree. Banks carried herself well on the mic and more so than just about any other diva on the roster can too,

28. What type of shoot do you want for next week:

Territory Guys
    80's Tag Teams
    90's Tag Teams
    Face Off
    YouShoot
    Behind Closed Doors Series

29. Why are they promoting the network? Was this being simulcasted on youtube or something?

30. I hope they let Kalisto actually showcase his moves, unlike the last NXT special

31. A big part of the problem is the NFL has gotten too big for it's own good. Marketing to females was a huge mistake.

32. I think it was free

33. I want to see a Ziggler/Breeze student vs master type of feud

34. Is the 4 way one fall or elimination?

35. One fall, boooo!

36. As much as I love Renee Young, she's really awful when she's calling the in-ring action. She speaks in cliches and doesn't really add anything.

37. Which is amazingly stupid in my mind. She was just as ktfo in April or whenever as she was this week on video.

38. Might I direct you to the entire Raw announce team?

39. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Twitter (easy for everyone to "take stand"/"be outraged") + video (the first video was bad enough, dragging her out and looking rather unconcerned - not seemingly due to shock).

40. I know we have a ton of Orlando posters here. Any of you at the show?

41. Awesome you're their live. The 4 way should be killer

42. Ripner is as usual

43. (today's "No shit?" of the day) Microsoft has horrible tech support, 3 hours, multiple days and techs into trying to get a fucking dying One power supply replaced

44. Just me probably and yea it's live

45. You shut your whore mouth

46. I'm checking NXT later, Have to read a 100 page essay about Feudalism in America soil, crazy shit. Then there's the other works.

47. Was Bram still part of the Ascension when they won the titles?

48. I agree. She needs some work. Cliches are a big crutch for her. I'm hoping she improves or just gets smarter co-workers with her.

49. Oh, I won't argue with that. I prefer Sexton, Phillips, and Regal together.

50. So when are these guys going to make their Ascension... to the main roster?

51. Probably soon.

52. I don't...really...care about them. They're just...dudes.

53. In the future please do not no sell my jokes. I have a fragile ego.

54. I thought they have come up like 9 months ago. At this point I don't question the time table because Ambrose felt like he was there for like 3 years.

55. Unless Neville is getting called up, I think he retains and they build to Neville/Zayn. I could also see them putting the title on Breeze to build to Breeze/Zayn

56. I'd prefer Fran Drescher, Bobcat Goldwaithe (sp?), and Shannon Sharpe over the current RAW team

57. Speaking of sorta...I'm curious, are there actually pay differences between NXT and WWE? Like minors and MLB? Otherwise, why wouldn't they just give people try outs and change things up more often instead of having people rotting for so long?

58. 25k for non big name borderline prospects

59. It looked like they were showcasing him in that RAW match so I think he loses to Zayn tonight

60. You'd think John Morrison would have at least tried to go to Mexico by now. His olympic gymnastics routine stuff would get over huge down there.

61. So I've managed to make Seth Rollins the most over guy on the entire roster on EWR, at a 100 "Over Rating."

62. For just their NXT contract? Or just an overall WWE deal?

63. Guys who are a lock to make the roster like zayn, Steen, devitt, kenta have better deals

64. See their name is the ascension... and I asked when they were going to make their ascension... THAT'S what I did there

65. Or Japan, he has the foreingner heel look.

66. This is almost non watchable for me, keeps freezing.

67. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

68. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I saw what you did, and welcome back Lax.

69. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Watching on my android tablet, it's running fine.

70. working good on my 360 so far. was iffy during summerslam.

71. Nxt deal. That's just for the majority of them. The big guys have wwe deals that kick in after x amount of time plus get way more weekly cash. Shhhhhh...I think was a recent pwinsider story so don't get my fucked up by Scherer

72. Backed out and entered back it and it's been okay.

73. Sin Cara is a doofus, Chapter 379: Standing there reaching for a tag when he's LOOKING at his partner lying injured on the floor.

74. Soon you will be able to watch on your Roku 3!

75. I think they may want to make Zayn's win a big one on one type deal. Plus, Zayn is better chasing.

I say Zayn is about to win, Breeze comes out of nowhere and low blows Zayn or whatever and steals the pin and the title.

76. Konor is in his mid 30s

77. Another reason why I love the Network
    Can watch on my iPhone at work as my company does not trust us with Adobe Flash on our computers for some reason

78. I had the same scenario with a girl I once knew!

79. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Courtesy of getridofcable.net

*cheap pop*

80. I can't be the only one who sees nothing special in the Ascension

81. I'm on your side.

82. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I don't see anything special with them either.

83. Hahahhaha. Glad to have you back!

84. He was in developmental before during the Deep South days.

85. You're not. I cost parallax a hilarious joke trying to make my feelings known.

86. That would be a good story. I'd like that

87. Their finisher has a cool name also

88. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

They have an especially crappy finisher: does that count?

89. How fucking bad was he? That's going back to what 06-07?

90. They look good, have a good name/angle, but once they're in the ring it's just "meh."

91. This time of year? He's probably too busy winterizing TWO houses. Huh, that makes more sense then, similar to an MLB structure where the call up escalates salary

92. Viktor can wrestle decently but Konnor is a stiff.

93. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

New NXT tag champs.

94. Well I guess that can Connor and Victor can finally make their... Ascension... to the main roster!

95. So that means the Ascension goes to the WWE?

96. There is a YouTube video wwe put up of NXT guys doing moves in bullet time. You get to see KENTA and Devitt in their gear and hitting their shit for the first time.

97. Los Mexicanos, because Mexicans wear masks.

98. I did that once with Rhyno and was getting regular 5 star matches out of him, depending on the opponent.

99. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Yeah, looked cool too.

100. Anyone see this pic yet

101. That's a good analogy. And the big time guys get a little cash up front even if they don't make it.

102. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

That can't be a highly original Halloween costume there.

103. That Lu-Cha chant could get over on the big show if they let them loose. Fans always love high flying tag teams.

104. LOL! It's even funnier the second time.

(don't accuse me of no selling)

105. Is there a chance they change all the titles here so they can call up all the current champs?

106. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I haven't turned the show on yet. Is it worth it? I'm off to do some dishes, so I'll join back in after that.

Yes, I realize no one cares. No, I will not stop.

107. How can it be the nXt universe? Does WWE Physics allow for multiple universes?

108. Apparently, HHH was "trolling" smarks!

109. That's what I didn't get. Whether he saw the video or not, Goodell knew Rice had done. So whatever punishment he levied then should've been made with the same indignation he's mustering now. I don't think the video made it worse for Goodell, I think the public's reaction when they saw the video is why it suddenly deserved a bigger punishment.

110. For $9.99, anything can happen

111. Hey I am not Canadian born comic sensation Dave Coulier... I am doing my best!

112. take dat, take dat

113. The big botch got a groin from the crowd but the rest of the match was pretty entertaining, Kalisto finally got to really show off.

114. So, NXT= Marvel's Ultimate universe.

115. Kalisto can speak English. That bodes well for his future.

116. Probably a one match show. Just turn it on in like an hour

117. WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH....WOAH...........WOAH....

Sin Cara talks now?

118. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Apparently, the Mets have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Yankees. The METS. Sigh.

119. He was in the indy for some time, he was Samuray Del Sol. It's not like he never worked in the US like Sin Cara 1.0

120. That guy is great...........from what I gather on his Wikipedia page.
    Tony Garea's legacy was good too but it went away

121. I was watching an old episode of WWF Superstars earlier. The episode was from 1992. I had to stifle a laugh while Vince announced that the WBF would be a "drug free competition" while Kerry Von Erich was making his way down to the ring.

122. It's...ahem...also the 20th anniversary of when the government terrorized the McMahon family. But they overcame it. Murica.

123. It's only a matter time before he's rapping in Spanglish and smacking pinatas with El Torito.

124. Neville should change his finisher name to the High Sparrow. And I say that as a GoT fan, not because he literally looks like an elf.

125. The good and bad of the 2nd wildcard is that damn near everyone is still alive. The Braves, for all their suckitude, are only 1.5 GB

126. Wonder how they'll debut the Ascension. I'm assuming they'll be heels. Wonder if they'll associate them with Paige since both acts are kind of goth.

127. HHH really needs to lose a match that blows off the Authority stuff, and just turn face. Would make everything about the company make more sense.

128. This was the most solemn 9/11 tribute today.

129. By do some dishes you mean order your girlfriend to do her womanly duties right? RIGHT?!

130. If I had any idea how to add a citation to wikipedia I would confirm his birthplace with my Youtube video.

131. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM

The picture Bayless posted reminded me of this.

132. An Uncle Sam heel turn would draw millions overseas.

133. MAKE HER SCRUB, FERRARI, MAKE HER SCRUB

134. I can't believe his fucking name is CJ Parker.

135. In a few days it will be the 13th anniversary of them single handedly healing the nation.

136. I was just thinking the exact same thing. Isn't that Lana's real name?

137. A lot of people say this and I believe with them that HHH will make the product better when he takes over. He's bringing bunch of great talent and NXT so far is a success.

138. EYE GIT IT. IT IS B-CUZ U FUK MARRYED WOMANS

139. He's from Chicago

140. Baron Corbin is the mystery opponent. My money was on Sting. Or Curtis Axel.

141. He is terrible as a face

142. That's what make this whole situation so stupid

143. I can't believe HIS name is Barry fucking Corbin.

144. Never seen Corbin.....nice finisher.

145. Impressive win.

146. Lucha Dragons is such a cool name.

147. Maybe it's like, "Whenever he comes to, I want him to see me right there ready to help"?

148. http://mustacheonfriday.pl/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CJ_PARKER_2-770x638.jpg

149. Oh, it's Baron.

150. Triple H must have a thing for long haired tattooed guys.

151. "Decimating CJ Parker"... he reduced him by a tenth?

152. Nothing about that gimmick debut wasn't great.

153. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

:laughs out loud:
    That just made me think of the recent Karate Kid remake.
    "Dude, I'm from Detroit."

154. Great way to debut Corbin in NXT. Looks like an instant threat.
    Hopefully he continues to improve

155. Would they let him keep it on the main roster? Looks a lot like Sister Abigail.

156. Good finisher, and I gotta admit, Baron is a good wrestling name at least.

157. Barry Corbin sounds like a nervous court-appointed public defender.

158. If the makers of fleshlights can't remember our fallen, I don't want anyone to

159. He looks like someone straight out of GoT.

160. Tyson Kidd is really doing a great job with his prick character.

161. I live Kidds "Fact" such a douchey catch phrase

162. He might just be trying to draw in art school chicks.

163. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM

He seems like he fits one in real life anyway.

164. Something about his face...I just wanna hit it. Repeatedly.

165. Or History/ Sociology/Political Science/Philosophy chicks.

166. He should go back to the devil horns haircut too

167. I was going to say 13th anniversary of Stephanie McMahon's OUTSTANDING(ly bad) promo celebrating daddy's wins over so many others.

168. Big Cass is a good character.

169. Or a rip on Billy Corgan, for the Resistance Pro stuff.

170. Enzo kinda sounds like DDP.

171. Are you going to the NXT Tapings tomorrow night too? KENTA is supposed to debut there in the ring

172. Enzo Amore is just terrible IMO.

173. Agree.
    Sounds like a bad Dice Clay impersonator

174. I'd pay someone to cut off Amore's mic right now

175. These guys are basically New Age Outlaws 2k14. I can dig it.

176. Crap... gonna watch football instead.

177. Cass reminds me a little of Test with better skills.

178. Is this a good "smoke break" match?

179. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Wouldn't CJ Parker be a better guy to put in a hair vs hair match?

180. Yep yep, wouldn't miss an NXT show

181. Saaaaaaaaaaawft! Love those two.

182. I found Road Dogg a lot more tolerable than Amore.
    Cass has more charisma than Gunn though

183. Test wasn't awful.