Thursday, September 18, 2014

Evening Thread - Thursday Edition

Tonight, on the WWE Network, it's Total Divas at 8:00 PM ET, followed by NXT at 9:00 and Superstars at 10:00. On NXT, KENTA makes his Hideo Itami in-ring debut against Justin Gabriel, and your main event will be Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville against Tyson Kidd and Titus O'Neil. Superstars will have Los Matadores against Harper & Rowan, and Sin Cara taking on Justin Gabriel.

In MLB, the AL East and West are over as the Orioles and Angels clinch their respective divisions and look toward the playoffs. Not much AL Central action tonight, but the Brewers and Cardinals go at it in a key NL Central match-up. The NL East is also wrapped up with the Nationals moving on to October. The Dodgers face the Cubs in their quest for the NL West title.

NFL Thursday night football has Tampa Bay in Atlanta. In NCAA action, two ranked teams go at it with Auburn facing Kansas State.

It's wide open for discussion, TONIGHT.......in the BoD.

1. What types of shoot do you want on the ballot this week?

70's Stars
    Territory Guys
    Lunatics
    Women
    YouShoot
    Face-Off
    Behind Closed Doors

2. Hate Auburn. Whore Beagle.

3. Ralph Nader

What? The ballot was confusing...

4. Lot of sports on tonight. This is a completely random thought but my boys are really into sports like that. I don't remember them ever watching a game of any kind. One is into music and the other is deeply into anime. (insert that shoulder shrug thing that I don't know how to make)

5. Is he a DBZ fan?

6. I am watching Indiana jones and the temple of doom.

7. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

That's what she said.

8. Dragon Ball Z.

9. Great movie, my favorite of the Indy series. But fuck Willie.

10. Oh! I think so. I'm from the generation after Dragon Ball Z so that stuff is completely foreign. Is that the one with Narato?? Nuratu??? He has all this stuff on his mac book. I'm old.

11. No. It's Naruto, and that series is pretty inconsistent.

12. Since you're prob the youngest one on the board, is it wrong to call you the short round of the BoD?

13. Naruto is the one with Naruto. Probably that, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist maybe

14. Short round is cool, my favorite Indy sidekick.

15. He's pretty awesome.

16. So that's an actual show and not a character on Dragon Ball Z? If so, then I think he's all about that show.
    /attentive parent

17. One thing you need to know. Not all animes are kid friendly, some cover mature ground like Golgo 13, Death Note.

18. Falcons-7, take it to the bank.

19. I don't think he's into that kind of stuff. He's what we would call sheltered. Guess I need to be having a talk with him pretty soon.

20. How old is he?

21. is that favorite or underdog? That plus/minus is always so confusing.

22. They start the game off with negative seven points.

23. Just watch out for the words "hentai" and "tentacles". Sounds about that age.

24. That might be just a phase, if you're gonna talk to him be very cautious, don't treat him like a baby.

25. seems a bit high. Tampa hasn't looked that bad. They have issues but a good nucleus, especially on D

26. On the subject of Anime, every so often they should have Itami do something like this (complete with the move being named over the PA)

27. The greatest anime ever made, Fist of the North Star.

28. They have faced two backup QBs and lost both games at home. They're garbage.

29. I know next to nothing about anime but I like that one.

30. You know, I really want to ignore that stuff. The ex found some naughty sites in the history and had me over trying to block everything. They are teenagers, it's what they do. Of course, she was flipping out but what can ya do?

31. Deadpool movie announced. Interesting.

32. Reynolds? (Pretending we're in a google-less world)

33. And McKown has looked terrible... Atlanta due for a big bounce back in the dome.

34. I really don't want to talk at all but I think he needs it. the other one has learned all this stuff from his friends so it saves me the hassle.

35. The Shounen genre (fighting) was made by Fist of the North Star, Kenshiro is based on Stallone, Bruce Lee and Mel Gibson.

36. Cool, thought he got the shaft in the Lantern fiasco

37. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Burt Reynolds

38. I like ninja scroll and vampire hunter d: bloodlust.

39. they faced two backups but they still didn't look all that bad. They just aren't very good. They do 7-9 at least this year.

40. Your son is looking like me when I was in his age.

41. Hunter D is cool.

42. I can't make any excuses for McCown. He doesn't look like he wants to play sometimes.

43. They look more like 2-14.

44. They don't know about private navigation, yet.

45. We've wanted him to be a kid as long as he can. You and he will both have plenty of time to work and pay bills. Just enjoy having fun. The women will come in time and then you will be sick of them and just want to watch the game.

46. If it's anything like the spec teaser they did I'm so in.

47. College is the perfect time.

48. I was really disappointed that they didn't cover their tracks. The ex knows zilch about computers and she was still able to see their history

49. I'm glad the Masked Man took the time to write an original column about John Cena turning heel.

50. Gotta know the basics, they're still young.

51. I wonder if Michael Sam's agent even bothered calling WWE to decline their offer.

52. That's like the black sheep of the Indy movies...well, before Crystal Skull anyway. Myself, I've always been partial to Last Crusade. Hot blonde Nazis FTW.

53. It's when you gonna suffer the most, no longer they will "obey".

54. Not to make anyone feel old...(ok this makes me feel as old as fuck)...but the actor that played Short Round is now 43 years old.

55. Vote for this week's Lunatic-themed Shoot Interview Poll

56. Once they hit 18 my job is done. Hopefully, no more sneak in the next five years. They can do what they want.

57. Thank me for topic.

58. A someone else voted for it to in the shoot interview thread

59. Close call. I have Roddy White and Doug Martin (both inactive) on both of my fantasy teams and almost started them tonight.

60. only b/c of the tough division. The division is going to be at least 5 loses. Even if they go 2-14 they don't look 2-14 bad.

61. White is playing last I heard.

62. does he work for wwe or something? or does he not watch any other wrestling at all? It's like he became a fan 4 years ago.

63. Hey, you're half the reason it's up.

The only votes I saw were:

You and Jobber for Lunatics, and I voted Women.

64. Yeah I really don't care for his work... sad that he is one of the main voices of the wrestling fan in a mainstream way.

65. That's assuming they even tried putting feelers out and it wasn't the grandstanding TV mention only

66. Touchdown Falcons. Choo-choo.

67. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM

What's up, Gunther/Loser?

68. You're back, yaay.

69. Voted for Schultz. I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck about burning bridges at this point.

70. He is. I edited my post.

71. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Evening, how is everyone doing tonight?

72. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I'm hungry.

73. He's too busy looking for a WO-MAN.

74. My Grandpa died yesterday.

Sort of of melancholy I suppose.

75. Maybe it's time to update that Tampa 2 defense...

76. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I'm listening to the new Judas Priest. Really good. They're playing here next month. Then King Diamond the next night. Busy weekend.

77. My condolences for your loss.

78. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I'm sorry for the loss, hope you feel better.

79. I now have a girlfriend.

80. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You win.

81. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You're back! Thank goodness!
    :top gun handshake:

82. My birthday is next week.

83. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You really win.

84. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

*top gun handshake*

85. Sorry for your lost.

86. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM

What have you been up to these past few weeks?

87. Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8012 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here...................

HTTP://GOOGLEBESTJOBs/2014/6/18..,,..

88. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM

In the bathroom. My zipper got stuck.

/Summer School

89. Whose career would you rather have: Rick Rude or Curt Hennig?

90. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM

That's how Masked Man took his time.

91. 18th birthday, now I can be judged as a adult.

92. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM

The one who didn't die youn...

Never mind.

93. Ha, I forgot about that... apparently so did WWE.

94. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM

GIVE HIM THE CHAIR, GIVE HIM THE CHAIR

95. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Yeah he is!

96. Still a better poster than Abeyance

97. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Glad that you're back.

98. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Not exactly. Only you can see me in the mirror. Pretty much a Hogan/Woyah deal from WCW

*snarls*

99. I love how a team could make 4 penalties and the opposing team could just make 1, yet they would off-set.

100. Points always go on the home team side.

Atlanta -7.5

Take the final score of the game, subtract 7.5 from Atlanta... at that point who's the winner. I'm a Tampa fan, and I still say Atlanta.

101. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Thank you.

102. We thought you were dead.

103. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Durarara!!! and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

104. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM

TGGI

105. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Don't call 'llax names

106. Sorry to hear that. Went through that less than a month ago myself. Condolences.

107. Remember that smirk we were talking about last week? You're about to have it.

108. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Last Crusade was worlds better than a third movie in a series had any right to be.

109. I say Atlanta too but I'm not sure by more than a TD

110. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Thoughts and prayers, my good man.

111. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Everyone is a better poster than me, let's be honest here.

112. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Damn it, man! You're the TOP POSTER on this board. NUMBER ONE! Start taking that seriously!

113. I think they can cover it... but if the spread is ever over 9.5, take the underdog.

114. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Right, that's MY damn job!

Good to have you back, sir.

115. He learned how to use a shift key too!

116. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Thank you.

117. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM

What, squash everyone who is below me?

118. Fucking Devin Hester... should have been a part of the pirate ship in the off season.

119. That was almost a disaster. Phew.

120. Been that kind of year for the Bucs so far.

121. This is worse than last year's start... where Josh Freeman just completely forgot how to play professional football.

122. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Recorded episode 2 of my podcast today, should go up tomorrow. We're shooting for a weekly Friday release going forward.

Doing this show is the most fun I have all week.

123. Remember when he was the next Mcnabb?

124. It's hard to properly rate his value. Don't know how I feel about his place and status in the game.

125. I don't know, last year the Bucs had those two cunt kicks to start the year

126. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Exactly! Crush the rest of the BoD under your bootheel until someone rises up and takes you down.

127. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Since you're back Nasty, Time to fill you in on what's happened here, WWF1987 quit.....again...

128. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Wait, what? When the fuck did that happen?

129. He kind of was....they both went to Minnesota and just completely gave up there.

130. I'm in the camp thinking he should get a ton more reps. The guy is a game changer.

131. Same TNA Thread time, same TNA Thread channel

132. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

What's the 411 on the BoD?

133. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Oh for fuck's sake. Forget the Daily News Update, I need a daily blog update to keep me up to date on what happened in the evening thread.

134. Minnesota is the place where careers go to die.

135. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Last night's Impact thread. Cult said something about TNA needs to get better at one thing, WWF said don't watch, and it spilled out from there.

136. In our day covering your tracks meant putting your dad's playboy back exactly the way you found it with Holmes like attention to detail.

137. I'm still not over it. We never really got to the bottom of the story... I think Freeman just flaked out... and with Schiano all but kicking him off his own team, it didn't create a nice working environment.

138. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Good grief.

139. Fucking ZERO coverage.

140. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM

YOU BLOCKHEAD

141. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Told me to F off as well.

142. It sucks he feels he has to defend it so much, not like the blog's any kinder to the WWE product

143. I've never been a fan of the "get the ball in this guy hands" play-calling. Hester, Bush, Harvin can do things with the ball but their route-running is atrocious. The exact reason it's so hard to get the ball to them.

144. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Abey, what did you do? Do you got some 'splainin' to do?

145. Wait, the Tampa 2 isn't an effective defense in 2014 NFL football? Who would have thought?

146. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Everything is fine!

147. Only when you're protected a big lead.

148. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM

...shit

149. I made a post saying I didn't think he was a bad dude and a few people agreed... Petuka then informed me that I am the official judge on who needs to stay and who needs to go... I was honored.

150. Why was there an Impact thread last night? Isn't the show on tonight?

151. Looking at Tampa's schedule, the only games that look remotely winnable are Cleveland, Washington and MAYBE Detroit if their season is already dead by then (it's in week 14 so this is entirely possible).

152. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Jumpin' Jeff Farmer vs. Dean Ambrose

Book it.

153. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM

He started to talk about how he wrote for 411... You know what? I think I should just pull the post up, be right back.

154. When he comes back, someone should ask that every Thursday....moved to Wednesdays a few weeks back

155. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM

It's been on Wednesdays for a few weeks now.

156. No amount of David Caruso could uncover my crimes.

157. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM

If I wanted to skim through the thread, I would do that.

158. or rewinding the tape back to place pops last left it.

159. Oh. And apparently we landed on the moon. Guess I should pay attention to things more.

160. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM

LOL

This is what everyone said would happen.

161. He's not a bad dude, to be honest. Aside from TNA, he has an impartial outlook on wrestling. He has just become too hypersensitive about TNA, and I don't even believe he truly believes half the things he says about them.

162. Oh, the salad days...

163. WHY ARE YOU USING CAPITAL LETTERS?

Everything that I thought I knew, I don't know.

164. So if my career continues going the way it is there is a chance I will end up back in Pittsburgh in 2016

165. 2014 NFL football? No defense is effective.

166. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM

No, that was fake.

But Impact really did move to Wednesdays.

167. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I don't think 1987 is a bad dude at all. I thought we had moved on from the quitting crap, though.

168. When did we land on the moon? White people will make up anything!

169. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM

First round of O fries are on me.

170. Gunther the Nasty LoserSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

171. He'll be back as ECW1987 soon enough.

172. didn't he quit before?

173. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Twice, I think. This is number 3.

174. Am I the only one who misses CAPSLOCKMAN?