Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Evening Thread - Tuesday Edition

Tonight on the WWE Network, at 8:00 PM ET it's Main Event Live, followed by a new episode of Monday Night War at 9:00 and Beyond the Ring at 10:00 which features The Very Best of Monday Nitro.

MLB action as we get to the home stretch of the schedule: Cincinnati @ Baltimore, Detroit @ Cleveland, LA Angels @ Houston, Seattle @ Oakland, Pittsburgh @ St. Louis, Washington @ LA Dodgers.

Bring whatever you got.

1. From earlier:

Also, for your entertainment:

2. I beleive today is the last day of the regular season for Double A and Triple A baseball. Louisville and Pensacola's season is over.

3. Can someone explain the Michael Sam issue?

4. Where does everyone stand on the 40-man expanded rosters? I like it for two reasons: 1. It gives teams out of the race to play up-and-comers. 2. The playoff teams don't have to completely kill their bullpen.

5. Springer is scheduled for Raw next week?

6. You being sarcastic or really, really don't know?

7. American Football is not a popular sport here.

8. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM

You forgot about the increasingly meaningless Yankees-Red Sox game. Good grief this pains me.

9. Welker got a 4 game suspension. I am shocked.

10. In a nutshell football is supposed to be the super manly sport. Well, what if one of the participants is not "super manly"?

11. and I LOVE IT!!!!111!!!!!!

12. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Not forgotten. It pains me more.

13. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM

They were talking about the expanded rosters in the booth on YES during the Yankees-Red Sox game. Michael Kay was complaining about "changing the rules of the game in the most important month," bashing the expanded rosters. Therefore, I love it.

14. You accept the guy for what he is.

15. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighSeptember 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Molly's

16. for some reason this has become a hot topic lately. They've been doing this for 40 years.

17. PWG Eleven in a sentence:

Good start, lousy middle portion, awesome ending.

18. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM

But what if the not super manly participant isn't very good? Do we let him play anyway, to seem accepting, or cut him like we would anyone else because if you want to join in the reindeer games, you need to be able to play them well?

19. This appears to be bigger than that. A lot of American males tie their identity into this so what happens when it is questioned. I think that's the real issue at play

20. Isn't that the one with the thumbtacks and hardcore stuff in the main event? I thought you were sick of that stuff....

21. Jerry Spinger is on Raw next week to moderate the next chapter in the Bellas saga. This should be classy, right?

22. Except he is pretty good, and in the right defensive scheme he could be great.

23. Sick in TNA, that does this every fucking week. PWG rarely does crazy stipulations.

24. Has anyone considered that Vince wanting Michael Sam on Raw might have more to do with his long standing grudge against Stan Kroenke than anything else?

"He got shafted by that no good motherfucker Kroenke? WELL SO DID I, GOD DAMN IT! Get him on next week, we can all bury that bastard together! Now I'm gonna go work out till i PUKE!"

25. He isn't that good but I think he's good enough for a 53 man roster. Problem is his treatment won't seem fair either way. He'll get cut because of who he is or get an opportunity b/c of who he is.

26. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM

The topic gets raised every September, though, especially the last few years. I swear, I've listened to the same conversation about "changing the rules" at least five years running.

I think it's fine, gives guys a taste of the Show and gives teams more options down the stretch. I really don't see the problem.

27. this we agree on

28. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Let me qualify my statement by saying I don't watch nor care about football to the point where I know enough about a player to know if he's any good or not. I'm basing the question entirely on conversation I've seen online.

29. I think TNA has used tacks maybe 5 times in the last calendar year. Hardcore matches, eh maybe more, but then again TNA runs 4 to 5 shows a month on TV. PWG runs 1 show a month.

30. Seriously skip Hero's match, not even Kyle O'reilly can carry him today. How the mighty Hero has fallen.

31. Wow...Jerry Springer...is it 1998 again and no one told me?

32. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM

No, the Yankees are losing.

33. So for some reason Google Chrome switched most of the fonts to Helvetica and no matter what I do, I can't get it to go back. I looked up all these scripts and add-ons to fix it and it hasn't worked. I've even tried defaulting everything in Chrome to no avail. Would just uninstalling then re-installing work?

34. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Just be happy it's not Comic Sans?

35. LOL. Who am I, Dan Gilbert?

36. I always thought Maury would have made a good guest host. Wish they would find a way to work in a paternity test.

37. I see what you did there. How money did the Yanks spend to be mediocre as fuck?

38. As previously reported, a fan was kicked out of Raw for holding a "I Could Be Home Watching Nitro for $9.99" sign at the show. That fan has now posted to Reddit slamming WWE for kicking him out. The fan said that security threatened to arrest him, tried to get his ID and accused them of bullying him.

39. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:07 PM

You don't use your real name. For all I know, you are, in fact, Dan Gilbert.

40. Sucking dick doesn't make you not super manly, whatever that means.

41. they are also calling it the Season Premier of Raw. I guess that's why its been repeats for the last few months

42. Why does he have heat with the owner of a foosball team?

43. He is just slow and plodding these days, I'm surprised he had a great match with Masato Tanaka this year.

44. If WCW were around today and Vince Russo was booking, would Michael Sam win the World title on Thunder this week?

45. I think that's how Christopher Daniels wanted to culminate the Clair Lynch story

46. YOU TAPPED OUT YOU TAPPED OUT YOU TAPPED OUT

47. I posted about that in the other thread. I guess there's other reports saying he was a drunk and trying to start Benoit chants. Who knows the full story? I think it is a complete asshole move of WWE to kick fans out that pay to watch their awful RAWs.

48. I was off last night but didn't watch Raw. My niece came to visit and she had me watching Love & Hip Hop. Don't tell anyone but I really got into it. Yeah, it's trash, but I think it's everything we want Raw to be. All the blood feuds. So many blood feuds. I may keep watching it, but I'm not going to tell anyone.

49. Owner of the Cavs, real Classy Guy.

50. He's also the owner of the Denver Nuggets, and there was a kerfluffle a few years back involving a Raw scheduled in Denver that had to be moved at short notice because the Nuggets made the playoffs. (I think that's what happened)

51. FUCK! I have him on my fantasy team! Granted he is on the bench but still.

52. that in itself would have completely saved the angle.

53. Love and Hip Hop has ATTITUDE.

54. Ah ok, I do remember that. That was the main event where Kennedy botched against Orton and got future endeavored for his trouble.

55. I was referring to playing football.

56. Cavs owner that sent out a letter to fans, dissing LeBron when he left. The entire letter was in Comic Sans.

57. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Injuries are a bitch. And don't act like the Red Sox don't open up the checkbooks on the regular, too. At least Yankees management doesn't throw players under the bus after they trade them/release them/part ways (A-Rod notwithstanding, because fuck that guy).

Also, all the beards make them look like homeless hillbillies.

58. Not only would he win it but he'd spray NWO on it in pink spray paint.

59. Wrestling badly needs the ECW equivalent of 2014 to come around and save this fucking shit show.

60. You mock but you know you love it.

61. I think the more distracting thing is the delay in anti-aliasing the fonts. BLUR->no blur. I saw this in one of the Canary builds but I never thought it would make it live,

62. I can honestly say that I've never seen it.

63. :(, my sarcasm meter's broke. I didn't wake up 20 years ago, did I?

64. If nothing else just watch the reunion show. It catches you up on all the storylines and everyone just cuts the nastiest promos on each other. I'm talking Flair in 85 level stuff

65. I said ECW, not WWE if it was run by even dumber people.

66. Not sure how many more Monday Night War shows I can watch. The WWF revisionist history has become progressively worse from episode 1 to 2 to 3.

67. I hate Paul O'Neal more than life itself.

68. So since the Cowboys are signing Sam, presumably, should they hope Romo gets injured so they can go out and get Tebow?

69. Jim Leyritz for me. He basically put Mark Wholers in a padded cell.

70. In fairness, ECW was quite stupid a lot of times.

71. Example? I haven't watched them but WWE is never THAT bad when it comes to history docs.

72. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I saw the report from someone else who was apparently six rows back. If the guy was making a scene and tossing signs (and his post online sure makes him seem like a real class act), then they had every right to boot his jockass out of the arena.

73. would he personally leak nude pics of the Nitro Girls?

74. Kyle, shut your whore mouth.

75. When are the next TNA tapings? Feels like I haven't read any spoilers for them in a long time.

76. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I cringe when he's announcing. I'll allow it.

77. Oh, look, it's the ECW troll.

78. I didn't think it was revisionist... it jumped around a lot but I thought it was as bi-partisan as possible for something like that.

79. next week in Behtlaham PA I think

80. Enrique Wilson also makes me want to puke.

81. I'd like to see a promotion properly use YouTube and other forms of social media to promote their product in a guerilla style similar to ECW. It would just scream different in opposition to the typical way WWE promotes themselves.

82. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I've been surprised with how much credit WWE has given WCW throughout the first three shows. I don't really see the problem with the episodes, other than the ADD jumping around.

83. Meh, the word I would use is handcuffed not stupid. But my point was that we need a promotion to come around and completely turn everything on its head like ECW did.

84. They aren't gonna draw shit. I heard there's a big Cornhole tournament that night up the road.

85. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Nights like this, I wish there was a mercy rule in baseball.

86. Yeah, I agree. Something revolutionary and different as ECW was.

87. You paid Jacoby Ellsbury 8 trillion dollars.

88. Knowing that you're a Yankees fan, I assumed that the Red Sox, yet again, were getting their asses kicked. It turns out it's the complete opposite. Lol.

89. But the question is, what style that company would follow?

90. Nobody outside of New York or Boston care. And ESPN as well.

91. Will Yankee fans ever admit that the Red Sox have been the superior team for the past decade?

92. This barely relates but the first little league team I was on was the Pirates... there is A LOT of politics in little league baseball and our coach was not a "good ol' boy" and therefore got the youngest and shitiest players. We lost by the 10 run mercy rule... every game... all season.

I got the first HIT of the season in game 4... first hit on the team that is. We were known as the pitiful Pirates.

93. I wish there was a mercy rule for the baseball season

94. No, they won't, Kyle. Yankee fans are the most delusion group of fans in sports. Just watching a game at their new crap stadium makes me ill

95. Random indy match of the day:

Daniel Bryan vs Chris hero - Hell Freezes Over

96. You play down here?

97. Yeah (well if by down here you mean SC) I played Dixie Youth, Dixie Minor and Dixie Major.

98. Then it's not surprising they are so political. We had to pull our son out of little league football a few years back for some of the same crap.

99. I challenge anyone to spend as much money for so bad a stadium, ehm, destination I mean.

Do they still do that? Call it a destination? The staff kept saying that when we were there last year it was oddly upsetting.

100. It was insane. If you weren't the coaches son or his friend you didn't play. Period. One coach had his son who was too young to play on the team and benched kids that weren't too young to play.

101. Nah that stuff's everywhere, Little League was exactly the same growing up in Oregon.

Parents are the same everywhere.

102. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I paid him nothing. The Yankees, on the other hand, needed an outfielder. I had no problems with the money, but the length was dumb.

103. Is it really as dangerous as everyone says? "Don't go to Yankee Stadium! It's in the ghetto and someone will stab you for crack money!"

104. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:29 PM

That's pretty fair.

105. Tried uninstalling then re-installing Chrome to fix the problem. Didn't work. Man...

106. The handing out hundreds while dressed as Hunter S Thompson at the Kentucky Derby makes a lot more sense now.

107. It was awful at the time but you know what that was 29 years ago (FUCK!) and I have several friends I made on that team that I am still friends with today so in the very long run it was worth it.

108. I didn't think it was terrible, but I wasn't really aware that I was gambling my life at Dodger Stadium either (literally we got there a day after the parking lot stabbing in '10) so I'm not good to ask.

I'm the most oblivious traveler ever.

109. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:30 PM

It's really not that dangerous.

110. So much favoritism. I can see why a lot of kids started doing the X-games stuff. Just get involved in stuff that parents haven't screwed up yet.

111. And I don't event are if wwe would steal all the hypothetical promotions ideas and talent, at least it would make wwe better.

112. I fucking loved Little League, it was the last time I didn't suck.

113. What problem is that?

114. I'm surprised hasn't hit more homers. He should be built for that short left field.

115. I go to Braves games and people say the same stuff. It's not bad but you obviously don't want to be hanging around alone in the middle of the night.

116. Didn't think so. I think the White Sox have the only legitimate claim for putting fans lives in jeopardy, even then I don't think much happens there.

117. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long is an incompetent waste of space?

118. All the fonts changed to Helvetica.

119. Back in the day, people fights broke daily at Fenway. It is much more fan-friendly these days.

120. From what I read in his report, he told the security to fuck off when they asked him to come with them. I don't know if they were kicking him out at that point yet, but telling them to fuck off didn't help matters.

121. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I went down to see the White Sox-Yankees a couple of times when I lived in Chicago. I didn't think it was that bad.

122. Really, for everything you do online?

123. Yeah I mean, that's the thing I've been to 24 ballparks but they were always *during* games so even if it is in a bad neighborhood there's usually 1,600 police hanging about.

Except Oakland, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Oakland.

124. For 8 billion dollars you'd think they'd get some charm out of the deal but it has the charm of a wet fart.

125. I umpired a little league double header when I was 17 and during the second game I called a strike zone the size of barn wall to speed the game up so I could go party. When I was leaving the game a dad, standing right with his kids and wife said "you're that tall from getting your ass stretched by all that cock faggot" and "and I oughta stomp your fucking head in but hopefully you'll just wrap around a telephone pole on your way home"

Keep in mind this is in one of the nicer counties in Connecticut. I just pretended like I didn't hear him and walked off but I laughed about it the rest of the night.

Now tbf I was fined 75 bucks by my mens league for screaming at a referee about an offensive goaltending call two weeks ago but at least I was playing in the game and that call directly affected the outcome of the game.

126. I can see that but I wouldn't be linger around outside either. I went to a Cubs game for my b-day one year and everyone walked to the game. It was weird. Wish I could afford to live there

127. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-font-family-style/aabledekpjmoghdjnpnhfkfpmjifklpb

128. Yep. Cal Ripken little league here is no better. Winning is always what we want in sports, but the length that some go to in little league is downright pathetic.

129. I don't know why it took me this long, but I now understand why TPrincess always says to keep it clean in the Raw threads.....irony.

130. Johnny Damon hit bombs to the left field and he had zero power.

131. That's why you go pure commie! North Korea seems to be doing good

132. Abeyance would have to not post for months to lose the top spot. Random thought of the night.

133. I may have to google that and see if you can do anything about it, never heard if that happening before.

134. North Korea is probably the worst place on the world today.

135. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, I lived on the north side (Albany Park) and thought it was great. Although, as a crotchety old man, I would have hated all the activity in Wrigleyville.

136. Says the guy with the maid, the service to bring in his groceries, and the 75" TV

137. The Bella Twins were rather ugly growing up. Plastic surgery?

138. I was only in two for three days but loved it. I'm a country boy at heart so I would have gotten sick of it by day four.

139. Well I call her a cleaning lady but yeah I love capitalism

140. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Damon didn't listen to Kevin Long.

141. It's not about us, it's about her, she swears in her household, so she tells us to keep it clean for fun knowing we won't and that she doesn't.

142. Agree to disagree

143. I love Chicago's trains. You really start to appreciate being able to step off an airplane, onto a train, into a ballpark when you visit places like Arlington or Houston where you literally have to rent a car and drive through 25 miles of industrial zoning to get to the stadium.

Chicago is a beautiful fucking city man.

144. I don't think you could possibly be more wrong

145. After I get to 30k and once Lax gets to #2, I will stop to let him get to #1.

146. Not that random given everyone's been saying that pretty much all year.

147. I don't think that's why

148. At least in the top 5.

149. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I'm still disappointed in you.

150. I'm no Superman!

151. but that would compromise the sanctity of the comment count. How could you think of doing such a thing?

152. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I think it's just a phrase.

153. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Clearly.

154. It's almost as if it matters.

155. Ehh, they have water. That by itself probably takes them down to somewhere in the low 30's.

156. Because, I won't stop. Lax is the only top 5'er who hasn't made it to #1, and I want him to have his moment.

157. As if Abeyance having 20K of his 30K comments be 5 words or less didn't do that?

158. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM

New York City pisses me off, man. Two international airports in Queens. Does the famed NYC subway go to either of them? God, why would they do that? How fucking stupid.

159. Try Atlanta. You just sit in downtown traffic for half of your life. You ask yourself multiple times why you are even going.

160. Why pay to watch a show if you're gonna come in saying "I could be at home watching Nitro" THEN STAY HOME AND WATCH NITRO!

As tired as I am of WWE right now, I'm equally tired of the crowds. Between constant Punk chants, "cleverly" chanting people's previous gimmicks, and chanting "this is awesome" everytime a match lasts more than one segment, crowds have become unbearable.

161. Crap, I thought way to into it.

162. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Yup.

163. They barely have any type of service.

164. Their president seems super popular so I'd say its one of the best

165. Kind of worked. Thanks!

166. He is dictator.

167. I hate myself for knowing this.

168. Also the quicken loans ceo

169. The Braves are one of the few teams I'm missing, Atlanta's just kind of out of the way with not a lot else around I can convince my girlfriend to pretend to be interested in.

170. And thanks to that I can finally start telling them apart. Only took me 6 years.

171. NP. There is probably a better solution but... I'm off the clock.

172. Blaming Kevin Long for Ellsbury sucking is so Yankees.

173. It is sort of weird, they pride themselves on beltways and parkways and these beautiful bridges but seem to have completely forgotten that people that fly in don't have cars.

174. Well, you're an idiot so I'm not surprised.

175. Right, but barely any service is miles better than places in the extremely uncivilized area that have never even heard of services.

Don't get me wrong I sure as hell would not want to live there.

176. If you go it has to be in the next two years. They are moving to the sticks in 2017.

177. Saw a documentary about a lady there that went blind... they interviewed her husband and he said the worst part of her losing her site was that she could no longer look at pictures of the great leader.

178. Thanks for the encouragement Cult.
    I also can't tell the Uso's apart either.

179. That doc is fucking terrifying, wasn't that the one with Lucy Lu Lisa Ling?

180. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I imagine it's even worse if you live somewhere other than Queens to get to one of the airports, but even from 5 miles away or so, it's a giant pain in the ass to get to LaGuardia if I don't want to pay $30 to a cabbie.

181. That moment where you swipe left when you meant to swipe right.

Now I'll never see hot Becky with the awesome cans again.

182. That sounds familiar... another scene where the guy lays on the ground to get a picture of a statue and they damn near deport him.

183. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM

No, so Yankees would be saying that being on the Red Sox ruined Ellsbury.