Evening Thread - Tuesday Edition

Tonight, on the WWE Network, at 8:00 ET it's Main Event live, then at 9:00 it's an all-new episode of Monday Night War, followed by an all-new Countdown at 10:00, as they discuss the top ten GM's of all time. The GM role was introduced in 2002 with the brand split and the role has reared it's ugly head in various forms and personalities. In my humble opinion, Eric Bischoff or Teddy Long should be #1.

Full slate of games in MLB tonight, with the notable games including Atlanta @ Washington, St. Louis @ Cincinnati, Kansas City @ Detroit, Baltimore @ Boston, Miami @ Milwaukee, San Diego @ LA Dodgers, Oakland @ Chicago White Sox.

Big Brother, FOX debuts reality shows Utopia and Hotel Hell. It's a wide open thread.

Comments

1. Adamle at 1 or we riot.

2. Finished Unforgiven 08. Shawn and Jericho was great. And even though the last scramble didn't have good work rate Jericho winning by doing nothing was fucking perfect.

3. I've come to the conclusion that Utopia is just scripted nonsense.

Hex is hot as fuck though. 10/10 would bang.

4. Isn't that the show that is like a year long?

5. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I would be willing to bet that Adamle gets that spot between 2 and 3 that they usually make fun of.

6. Dunno. Was forced to watch the first episode at work.

7. http://deadspin.com/the-fcc-will-vote-to-dump-its-nfl-blackout-rules-1632599095

Interesting, if probably useless.

8. I can't download the new U2 album, and my code for the Winter Soldier digital cop isn't working. Weird evening so far.

Ah well, at least I have my health. Excuse me while I go hack my lungs up really quick.

9. Chipotle is the fucking tits.

That's all I got.

10. Finally caved in and bought a PS4 today with the release of the snazzy new white Destiny bundle. Solid game technically but it's gotta be the least interesting plot in the history of gaming. Aliens conquered the earth after humanity discovered the Halo Ring or whatever Bungie is calling it this go-round while Mass Effect reapers are on their way to finish the job or something.

So lazy which would be okay but since it's another create a character deal you have no connection to your character and with zero cut scenes or dialogue aside from a bored sounding robot Tyrion Lannister it's a bit of a drag at least 4 or so hours in. Haven't tried multi-player yet but the gimmick of real people being in the same campaign mission as you so far hasn't effected me one iota. Anyone else pick this one up?

11. It bothered me that they took out the guy who could have carried the match easily (CM Punk).

12. I decided to stop buying WWE PPVs on my own after that show

13. 6ft tall and huge boobs.

14. Downloading iTunes, creating an ID, downloading the album, it almost made me want to just pay for it.

15. Reapers scare the shit out of me. They just look like cuttlefish, and it's fucking horrifying.

Also, BWAAAAAAAMP.

16. I have iTunes already with an account, I just can't seem to download it.

17. Go to purcased. It should be there. I think I'll just delete itunes and turn to Soulseek in a few days

18. Well, it means I'll get to watch the Bills on TV past October.

19. Watching the December 99 Smackdown where the McMahon-Helmsley Era is officially introduced. At least at this point we get more concrete continuity that lasted up until the Invasion.

20. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM

On this date in 2012, the Red Sox were 63-78 and in last place. This season they are 63-81 and in last place. Dustin Pedroia may not play another game this season. The Orioles are having their way with the long ball tonight.

This has been the worst Red Sox season since 1992. Also the longest. At least in 2012, they were in it until early August.

21. The Dodgers should just rest Kershaw the rest of the year and make him start every game in the playoffs.

22. You won the World Series last year.

23. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM

We are entitled to it every year, sir.

24. I've never had a pro sports team win a title.

25. That's how Boston sports fans tend to act, yes.

26. Who do you root for?

27. Cleveland teams.

28. I'm really sorry.

29. Thanks. The closest I got is when the wrestlers I root for win world titles.

30. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I was just messing around when I typed that. I don't follow any other sports team other than the Sox. Watching them lose often is still quite the chore.

31. Do you root OSU? Do you root a hockey team?

32. Isn't he bad in the post-season?

33. Ah, I had to turn on iCloud purchases.

34. I did root for OSU in 02 but have come to hate them. No hockey team.

35. Baseball sucks because for two or three months that's all you have. Watching the Braves piss away a promising season knowing they'll do nothing to correct it is so frustrating. And even if we do try to make improvements, everyone will need TJ surgery anyway

36. He's dialed in this year and history says it usually carries over. Like Hershiser in 88 and all that stuff.

37. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Columbus Blue Jackets?

*crickets*

38. They're hopeless. Been back 15 years and no improvement.

39. Lol! No I could not name a player on their team.

40. I really miss the freewheeling days of Billionaire Ted. The Braves are good about playing the kids but I don't see this strategy ever being good enough to win it all.

41. How do Browns fans miss what they never had? Being a Cowboys fan is way rougher.

42. At least you've got the Cavs.

43. It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

44. HHH at #1 as part of The Authority. ON A TANK.

45. You won a title though so you've felt bliss. Were virgins which is way more embarrassing,

46. They had the one year they made the playoffs with Couch and Holcomb at QB.

47. Their strategy for two years has been hit home runs= profit. Yet they get shutout like three times a week and GIDP like nobody's business.

For a team that was supposed to mash the ball, they sure have trouble getting on base. I think it's time to admit the experiment was a failure.

48. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

:sees that the PG Thread and Daily Update has lots of post:
    Gonna need to check those out later, what did I miss today, and how is everyone's evening?

49. The Cowboys are actually entertaining. When other teams suck it's just bad to sit through

50. Yep. And should have beat the Steelers in the playoffs but choked.

51. You don't need to check out those threads.

52. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Yeah I do, they are some of my favorite threads of the day.

53. I wonder if and when the Cavs win a title, because they will be the first Cleveland team to do so in forever, if the city will close down for like a week.

54. It was for the best Punk dropping the title there. It bothered me that there was no follow up between him and Orton. They decided to go with Batista and Orton feuding instead. Punk didn't even go for his revenge.

55. As a Browns fan I'm not even concerned with a Super Bowl. I just want them to be good. Forget that; I just want them to be decent. If the Browns were even a wild-card contender I'd be happy.

56. Boy, I don't know any wrestlers that looked like a bigger loser than Test after Stephanie got married to HHH

57. Definitely not Andy's. And for once, it's not his fault... originally.

58. We've won 5 of them which has made the last 20 years unbearable.

59. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Is John Edwards hands all over it?

60. What about Shane McMahon? He spent millions to buy WCW only to lose it to his dad months later.

61. I wish Cleveland's AFL team could've pulled out the ArenaBowl win, just to see if Cleveland fans considered that good enough for a championship parade.

62. Eagles fan.

All I care about.

Life is rough around all these Steelers (6 rings), Ravens (2 rings), Cowboys (5 rings?) and Giants (4 rings) fans that I deal with every day.

BLARG.

63. Baseball in general is in such an offensive deep freeze. It is proof that the drug testing is probably working (especially greenies) because scores are down everywhere. Watching the Yankees score two runs a game has ben mind numbing all season long.

64. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I don't think we'll be that crazy.

65. Shane was always a goofball though. Tests career never recovered.

66. Most people around here don't know what sport the AFL is.

67. It's just been terrible to watch sometimes. I think at least 6 of the regulars are under .300

68. That honestly surprises me for a state in which even high school football is a big deal.

69. Lake Erie Monsters!

70. I like low scoring games but this team was built to hit the crap out of the ball and be an offensive juggernaut. Yet there are many times where I think, oh my, they haven't scored a run in 18+ innings.

If the Braves have a 2nd and 3rd with less than two outs, the batter will strike out. Guaranteed.

71. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM

And I agree,with you 100%.

72. Zack Ryder after the John Cena affair?

73. It will be pretty huge. When I was a ball boy for the Cavs I left the arena at like 2 AM after the 07 ECF and the city was still bumping.

74. The back to back shutouts (THREE hits in two games) against the mostly hapless Phillies broke any optimism I might have had. Even if they somehow hang on to the second wild card, they're probably going to lose to the Giants.

75. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM

As long as they don't burn anything, we should be fine.

76. I can't STAND Red Sox fans. This idiot and his dad wanted to pick a fight with me after a day game when the Sox lost to the Indians because someone from a row behind them hit him with a peanut.

77. Jericho after he won the undisputed title. Wasn't he dog sitting for Stephanie or something like that?

78. Good one. He didn't become awesome again til his second run.

79. Matt Hardy after the Edge-Lita affair?

80. I decided during the losing streak we didn't have it anymore and I would stop screaming over every at bat.

Yet I still think we're this streaky team that will get hot at a good time.

81. I just wonder if teams can even actually be offensive juggernauts anymore honestly. How many really are this year? Baltimore? Oakland kind of? Washington? Angels?

82. But burning something is standard for a championship.

In New Orleans, a shitload of people just burned the proverbial midnight oil after winning the Super Bowl.

83. Boston sports fans are the worst people on Earth. That's an indisputable fact.

84. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM

People in Buffalo would definitely riot. Not that any team from this city will ever win anything anyway.

85. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Classless. I hate to read stories like that.

86. People in New Orleans went crazy but it seemed to be a controlled frenzy. I didn't hear of any arrests or any property damage.

Though people stole copies of the Times Picayune.

87. Grew up down the street from a bunch of transplanted Clevelanders.

This was the late 80s, that miraculous and unbelievably rare time when both the Redsk*ns and Browns were actually good.

I watched both the Drive and the Fumble (in consecutive seasons) in their living room.
    And most Browns fans look back on those teams wistfully, given the current product.

88. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I see, by the way, I believe that both you and Bobby's suggested it so I did it, I unsubbed from PewDiePie. I'm already subbed to most of The Creatures, who I find more entertaining. PewDiePie can now hack someone else.

89. It's just embarrassing for any grown adult to take pro sports that seriously.

90. Don't want to wait... watching Monday Night War: Mick Foley a bit early.

91. This new U2 album is pretty nice so far. Very relaxing.

92. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM

He had a more down then up then down then up again career, not great but not bad either.

93. Yea, I love it. No track has grabbed me yet, but I need to go track by track and really find something to obsess over.

I'm always terrified when I get a new u2 album that I won't like it. Hasn't happened yet!

94. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM

You finally were able to download it?

95. J-Ups had 2nd and 3rd 0 outs and struck out. Water is wet.

96. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Can we really call it an affair?

97. Ding ding ding...hot dog, we have a wiener!

98. I'm curious. Do you ever feel like, "Man I need to listen to some U2 right now!"

99. Read the first sentence of this post. It's still funny don't care what you say:

100. God, I hate sports fans like you. You have been incredibly spoiled. No one feels sorry for you nor should they.

101. What was the story there? This was during the period when I'd stopped watching wrestling, that I just recently caught up on watching WWE PPVs on the Network. So I saw something about Ryder getting beat up by ... Kane, I think? And Cena saving him and then Ryder's girl making out with Cena. But I wasn't paying too much attention to the details. Ryder just looked like a sad sap.

102. It's sad that the one time the Braves won a World Series, it was at Cleveland's expense.

103. "Read the first sentence of this post." Is funny? If you say so...

104. LOL at the first sentence.

He's crying because some other guy punched his wife in the face? Mark Schlereth is weird sometimes.

105. One of these days you are going to hit on something and we will be here when you do.

106. It's not ideal workout music, but for the design work I'm doing right now, it's perfect.

107. Yeah, I had to turn on iCloud purchases, which for some reason I had turned off.

108. Mr. Kennedy after losing Money in the Bank?

109. Was it a big peanut? Honey-roasted? Still in shell?!

110. When the Johnathan Martin thing happened he went on this weird rant about team and stuff. Dude can be out there sometimes.

111. Who will win their first WWE world title first: Cesaro, Ambrose or Rusev?

112. I see neither of them winning but I guess never would come first for Ambrose.

113. Forgot about that. He beats Austin and Rock to get the title. He goes on to best Rock in a fantastic promo, and then successfully depends.

Then he ends up as Steph's dogwalker just in time for HHH to come back.

114. I remember reading a Sports Illustrated article saying how the Uptons were the future of baseball and would bring the sport back to young African-American fans.

LOL.

115. Hey Mankind vignettes... what a stark contrast to everything else going on.

116. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Eve in story sense was never Ryder's girl, she even said that herself. And yeah, this was during the whole Cena embrace the hate thing with Kane. Watch the whole saga, then you'll know why we say someone got Ryder'ed.

117. Ooh, good question!

I'm going Cesaro. I believe in him if the rest of ya'll don't!

118. Cameron Wake might be my favourite player right now but his barber is making fun of him.

119. Rusev will win first, Ambrose will win the most.

120. Is anyone going to watch the Manager show live at 9?

121. Nvm at 10 I'll be asleep.

122. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Ambrose, the other 2 won't ever win one.

123. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Concussions aren't pretty, kids...

124. and knee surgeries. I'm not sure how he gets through the day. He's going to be crap once he hits 50

125. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Primary night in NY, so once 9 p.m. hits, I'm poll watching to see what happens in 3-4 key races. Already got a chance to video the Mayor doing a stupid dance at a campaign rally after work. That was fun.

126. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM

He looked bad, but at least he got a main event program out of his whining.

127. Adam Rose vs. Titus O'Neil on Main Event. Does this angle lead to the bunny turning on Rose, or the bunny tag-teaming with Rose?

128. this would be much easier to answer if Russo was booking. Someone said they thought the bunny is going to turn out to be someone. I'm going with that.

129. They should have Rose (and some of the Rosebuds) make his entrance through the crowd. Would make for a better visual and get the crowd more into his character.

130. I like how WWE is showcasing NXT talent on their major-league shows. Ascension vs. Los Matadores on Main Event right now...

131. The character seems doa but I guess anything can help

132. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

So, Batman: Arkham Knight has been pushed back to June 2015? Summer release for such a big game sounds weird.

133. "It's Helman's...with olive oil."

"What, you want a parade, ya fuckin' nard nugget?"

134. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Damn, the Captain almost tied it there.

Also what the fuck with the blocking the plate rule? No two umpire ever interprets it the same way.

135. The Mysteries of Laura looks like white hot shit, but Debra Messing can still get it any day of the week.

136. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Ambrose. He's on fire too much for him not to win.

137. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I just watched the gifs of Seth nearly getting killed by those spikes, made me cringe.

138. It's annoying how the networks choose to market shows like that. "She's a cop ... but she's also a MOM!!! How can this woman do BOTH?!?"

139. Fcking hate the WWE. As soon as I build-up AJ Styles and Raven into big stars on EWR, they get signed. WTF. So pissed.

140. Yeah, I noticed that. Was that his fault or theirs?

141. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM

So they are just a big in the game as they are in real life.

142. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM

It was NOWHERE NEAR close to hurting him. The cage clearly stopped to make sure he would be ok and not in any trouble. With the way the cage was coming down, Rollins not being able to get in the cage seemed really dumb.

143. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Looked like a bit of both. How long have they been using spikes, that feature looks very new.

144. Yeah and it sucks. Bye bye title feud I had.

145. I didn't care for Utopia. Too intense. The radio commercial I heard today had a contest say, "This isn't about money. We could change the world."

You're on aFox reality show. It will most likely be cancelled halfway through the season.

146. When Scotty did the Worm in this episode it was called "The Centipede" and not over at all yet.

147. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM

It almost looked like he could have been injured on the way out when Roman threw him over the top rope as well.

148. Not to thread jack here, but am I the only one familiar with "The shoulder count" when it comes to dating? I learned this method freshman year of college, and EVERY FUCKING TIME it works.

149. From the time I first noticed wrestling promotions hanging cages from the roof, I've worried that one day a cage will fall. Same thing with scoreboards in sports arenas.

150. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Same with me, spotlights as well.

151. I used to worry about Kane's pyro on the turnbuckles accidentally going off during a match or some other time when it wasn't supposed to.

152. Better worker: Bam Bam Bigelow or WWF Vader?

153. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:05 PM

You see how Zeb had to get pulled away from ringside because Kane's pyro was about to go off?

154. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM

You can't threadjack an open thread, Meeksy.

Also, You're going to have to explain that theory.

155. Bigelow has never done anything worth remembering so let's go Vader.

156. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Money in the Bank this year, I'll pull out the gif.

157. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Jesus, every time I try and focus on the news, my girlfriend decides it's time to go into rant mode and won't SHUT UP. I just want to hear some analysis...

158. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Koko B. Flair.

159. Again I'm not saying this to brag because I can't believe it works.

But anyway, next time you're sitting with a girl or someone you wanna get all up on, out of the blue be like "Hey, we haven't done a shoulder count yet"

She'll say "What? Huh" and be genuinely confused / freaked out (but in a good way).

You reassure her and go "oh, it's super important" (or however you wanna adlib) and then start counting from your outer most shoulder. you go one....two...then count three on her shoulder that's closest to you, then on the forth your throw your arm around her and go "four". Now, suddenly, you're cuddling.

As a fat guy, with a high voice, and very little in the way of confidence, this works at an increasingly steady rate. I cannot believe it. I just wanted to spread the love somewhere and pay it forward I guess. I can't mention it on facebook because too many women on there had been bedded by the maneuver and would become annoyed that they weren't the only one to experience it.

160. Kind of unfair to say ALL of Bam Bam Bigelow's career against the two shittiest years of Vader's career.

But I'll still say Vader because Bigelo as a babyface in WWF was hot garbage, and he main evented the UWF pay-per-view. And I'm not sure what Bigelow's best match was (probably something against Bret Hart?) but Vader still had a ****1/2 match with Shawn Michaels and was a big part of a **** Fatal 4 Way. So basically the shittiest two years of Vader's career STILL had two four star matches.

161. Extant1979 - Ghetto SuperstarSeptember 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM

...

What. The. Fuck?

162. Vader, in my opinion, is the best "fat guy" worker of all-time. So Vader.

163. It's like a more complicated version of yawning and throwing your arm around a girl in a movie theater.

164. Is that when Nick Patrick has to check the shoulders first?"

165. I feel like your baiting the virgins on here into trying this and getting smacked.

166. Bigelow. Pre-WWF Vader is better by far though. Apparently the two of them were a really great team in Japan in the early 90's when both were at their peak, but I haven't seen any of that stuff to judge.

167. That was the point: How does Vader at his worst compare to Bam Bam at his best?

168. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM

It's his version of The Naked Man.

169. Trust me, if I got smacked even once I wouldn't bring it up. But seriously, every fucking time it works!

170. WWE takes AJ Styles and Raven from me...FINE. I just signed Mark Henry, Scott Norton, and Kevin Nash. That'll put butts in seats!

171. If I'm gonna get smacked it's going to be for burying my face in someone's boobs after we just met.

172. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:13 PM

To bad Nash won't job.

173. Yeah I can't think of what Bam Bam's "best" looks like.

So Vader.

174. Bigelow lost to Windham at Starrcade 88. Then Flair just completely buried the dude in a promo. I couldn't take him seriously after that.

175. I signed Satoshi Kojima as well. I cut a whole bunch of guys as well. Since AJ left as champion, I need to decide a new one.

176. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Tournament......tournament......

177. They don't have those. I'm just going to start a Nash vs. Norton feud. Smell the buyrate.

178. Man was Paul Wight an underrated worker in 1996. Seriously, dude just does not get enough credit, having a very watchable match with The Giant up on my screen six months into his career.

179. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:16 PM

............shame, the tournament should have drawn lots of money.

180. Bam Bam.

181. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 7:16 PM

$9.99 gets you access to said feud.

182. Just makes Zeb look even more like an old man who shouldn't be left to wander around the ring on his own.

183. WILL YOU STOP?!

184. Which match?

185. I mean it's like little things, like letting Duggan give him three big right hands and waiting JUUUUUUST long enough to fall back and pop the crowd.

Fuck all you Giant haters, Paul Wight is the man.

186. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 9, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I totally heard Gorilla Monsoon there.

187. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©September 9, 2014 at 7:18 PM

He should put this stuff in the forum.

188. aaaand Scott Norton is currently on a Japan tour. This sucks lol

189. Duggan/Giant from (I think) the last February 96 Nitro.