September Classics: Ric Flair vs. Arn Anderson - Fall Brawl '95

Well, since some of us mentioned it earlier this week when I posted the Pillman-Johnny B. Badd match, Fall Brawl '95 was also highlighted by a very good match between longtime Horsemen stablemates Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. Of course, this angle all led to Sting looking like an idiot. Brian Pillman makes his heel turn here, then the three join forces with some fourth guy named Benoyte to reform the stable.

Ric Flair vs. Arn Anderson 9/17/95 by HookLineSinker4

Comments

1. Not too many people can claim pinfall victories over both Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan in a six month span.

Or back to back wins over the Hulkster. (Pin, DQ)

2. When did Arn pin Hogan?

3. Back to back weeks he beat him... Feb 96 on Nitro I believe

4. That's great. I have to check those out.

5. Four Horsemen: Stampede Edition.

6. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Did Hogan ever get his wins back?

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41s-voSxzRM

The latter half of the Pinfall win... the first half of the match seems to have vanished.

8. Interesting on the Horsemen DVD, guys like HHH and others say the feud wasn't as huge as it could have been as fans just couldn't buy Flair and Arn having real heat due to their friendship and they weren't that comfortable fighting each other so not surprising it ended fast for the Sting betrayl.

9. Good stuff. How many guys in WCW got a pinfall over Hogan before the heel turn? I can't even recall Flair getting one over him.

10. What angle didn't end with Sting looking like an idiot? Easily dumbest wrestler ever.

11. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I've always wanted Sting to have a split personality so he could turn on himself.

12. I heard it was in retaliation to a Billionnaire Ted skit that The Huckster said "It's in my contract with Billionnaire Ted that I NEVER LOSE!"

13. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM

14. Damn, I forget so much about WCW.

15. The match was on the second "Best of Nitro" set WWE did a year or two ago. There are some hidden gems in there; there's a borderline **** tag match between the LOD and the debuting Steiner Brothers that never gets old (and may be the last great match the LOD ever had).

16. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Bischoff: "We'll show THEM! Hogan, go out there and lay down for Arn."
    Hogan: "YEAH, brother..wait, WHAT?!?!?!"

17. Both Vampiro and Mike Awesome got pinfalls over Hogan during the shitty New Blood storyline!

18. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I think Kidman did too. Hogan bitched about it in his book.

19. Joker Sting bringing out a guy dressed up like surfer Sting just to turn on him and beat him down would have been the best

20. This ladies shows, man...they could fell the stoutest gladiator.

21. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM

He could have half Joker paint/half Crow paint and he would be in the back punching himself in the face.

22. While present-day Luger stands nearby and watches in astonishment while muttering to himself, "Man, I thought I had it bad..."

23. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonSeptember 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM

People jump Sting when he turns his back so much he must think he has a "Kick Me" sign on his tights or something.

24. You could roll Arn Anderson in shit and he couldn't draw flies.

25. I was just wondering the other day if there'd ever been any Flair v. Arn matches. (My pre-nWo WCW knowledge game isn't great.) I'm gonna check this one out when I get home for sure.

26. I was there live for that match, and hadn't seen it since until last week. I was stunned it was so good. It may have been the last really good Steiner Brothers match, too. (Although they may have had some good matches against Sting and Luger or someone.)

27. Lobster Sting runs in for the DQ

28. Just watched this the other day on the network. Loved this match.

29. What's funny is that I thought the turn would lead to an extensive feud with Sting and Flair, but Sting just beat the piss out of him on Nitro 8 days later to get a clean submission victory then beat him clean again at WWIII to end it, with the newly formed Horsemen not even getting involved in either match.

Strange.

30. Never been a fan of this match. I think its more cause its two guys who I dont want to see face each other

31. You can. For only $9.99