Tuesday, October 14, 2014

BoD Daily Update

Daniel Bryan Update

Bryan's arm is not regaining strength well and might have to consider surgery as an option. This past August, they held off on having Bryan surgery after the doctor thought he might not have been needed.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Radio

UPDATE: SEScoops.com is reporting that Bryan may need "Tommy John" surgery and would miss between 6-12 months. The WWE Creative Team is also working under the assumption that Bryan will not be back anytime soon and are not factoring him into any creative plans.

Reason For John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose Not Taking Place at Hell in the Cell

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the WWE did not want any unadvertised matches on the Hell in a Cell PPV so they decided to have the match take place on RAW to set up the top two matches for the PPV going into the show.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Radio

Willie Mack Releases a Statement on His WWE Release

RF Video Releases Shoot Interview with Ricardo Rodriguez

Click below to listen to the trailer, which is almost 15 minutes long. Judging by this, Ricardo is certainly not afraid to hold back. And I included the link below as well.

Also, Wrestling Observer Radio is free today. You can listen by clicking on the link below.

1. I'm getting Bryan is done or..shell of former self vibe if he ever comes back.

2. Best case scenario now seems like the Rumble

3. Really? I thought without surgery he was looking towards December. Getting the surgery now will only set him back a month?

4. three I think.

5. Disappointing news on Bryan. If he has surgery this month and it goes well, he could be back for the Rumble as a surprise participant maybe?

6. http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-update-daniel-bryans-health-future-wwe/e wouldn't be back in time...Bryan is done for this year and I dont think he will be back until after WM 31 :)
    ^

7. I heard 6-12 months is the recovery time

8. Thank you for that link. I put it on the top of the page.

9. I put a link to a new report on the top of the page that says he might need Tommy John surgery and would be out from 6-12 months.

10. man bryan must have been in excruciating pain all through wresltemania season. maybe the e knew how hurt he was and thats why they were going with batista at first???

11. 'Randy Orton' was trending on Twitter, apparently people are making Vine videos of him RKOing people falling off of skateboards, verandahs etc.

THAT'S the real top story going today, Brian. Damn it all!

12. and lets all hope that bed and breakfast works for dan and brie as we all know when their guys are out they stop getting paid period.

13. Their log cabin that was built by the Amish already looks like a B&B, so they'll stand to make a profit on that deal.

14. also they stop getting paid when they quit in kayfabe lol

15. No problem....do you think I could ever get unbanned from this site? Its annoting to have to use my phone everytime I come here

16. (Putting on my "not a doctor" and "Talking out of my ass" hat)Would love to know how Tommy John would fix an arm that can't gain strength. Unless there's pain in the elbow not letting him lift at all

17. As for Bryan... hey, whatever. My idea was for Brock to regain at WrestleMania and then lose in a surprise fashion at a B-level PPV to push the notion that the title can be lost at any moment. Bryan's my #1 choice for a challenger, so if he was to be the guy to finally drop him, I'm good with that.

18. You knew Bryan's arm would give out eventually from carrying all those scrubs to good matches.

*rimshot*

Shut up, Meekin!

*runs away*

19. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighOctober 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM

20. YankeesHoganTripleHFanOctober 14, 2014 at 7:14 AM

In retrospect Triple H should have gone over at Wrestlemania.

21. sometimes pitchers come back and throw harder than they ever did pre surgery - how that translates to wrestlers, I dunno

22. Nah, well from a train wreck perspective but nah

23. News Break : Apparently Nick Hogan had a picture of Big Show's naked ass on his phone when it got hacked

24. I'd sell my soul and become an Orton fan if he actually did assault our former prime minister. Redheaded bitch.

25. Do we need people who take such obvious glee in someone's career potentially being over? I think not.

26. What he masturbates to is none of our business.

27. It was millions of people's penance for looking at the leaked celeb pics

28. yeah, try telling them that the next time you get kicked out of the gym during the girl's volleyball game

29. That would have been awful. Beforehand, at the time, and in retrospect.

30. I don't like Tout. Thinks of itself too highly.

/awesome humour

31. Well they're eight years old, what am I supposed to do?

32. Half of them fuckers no-sell it. Especially the soccer players.

33. You got banned? I honestly dont even know how to unban someone.

34. I got banned over a year ago :(

35. ...Well, it's not exactly like we *need* you around, so...

36. I think you having to be on version 7.0 of your name answers your own question.

37. I don't mean to be on the ass and hole end of things here, but maybe the reason Bryan's spindly arm isn't regaining strength is because he's a vegetarian? The flesh of innocent creatures definitely seems to cure what ails ya, damn it all.

38. Is he still a vegetarian? Or did he just give up the vegan side of it?

39. I wasn't even really paying attention about the stip on Raw. Later on I realized what happened, and I assumed they wanted to have a set card for the PPV or trying to prevent Cena or Ambrose from working a double.

40. I'm pretty sure he stopped the veganism.

41. Someone seems trigger happy with bannings!

42. Im not the seventh version of my name I just like the number 7 ;)

43. Sigh. Well, good news for Roman's Mania chances.

44. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighOctober 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM

He cannot be in the rumble and not win it. I think they bring him back post rumble after a title match is set in stone. Then maybe he feuds with Rollins

45. I got banned because I thought Farooq shouldve won the 1998 Royal Rumble and gone on to beat HBK at WM with Mike Tyson by his side....Farooq 316!!

46. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgg7KzO9v10

47. I don't know, with rumors of Cena/Brock at Rumble and Austin coming back, I think they panic and go Cena/Austin for the belt at Mania

48. They might do Cena and Austin but not for the title.

49. I've heard far dumber proposals here.

50. Really sucks about Bryan. Hopefully this surgery helps him.

51. When he comes back from Tommy John, they should put him on a "pitch count" for the number of times he points up to the air when saying "YES".

52. LOL. At the end of the night he starts doing the NO! motions because he's at his YES! count already.

53. So John Edwards thinks you have good ideas.

54. This Bryan story is crazy. Such a shame that it is turning out this way for him. I can't say I was ever a massive fan (liked him well enough) but I definitely miss him on the shows. Heres to hoping he doesn't need to retire, because at this point I'm getting worried.

55. Yup. He is no longer a vegan because the food is hard to find on the road and he developed a soy intolerance.

56. Nonsense. Perfectly easy to get your 200+g of protein for a muscled physique without meat. Anything else can be supplemented without recourse to animal products.

57. And what exactly would have been gained from that? And who would have one the main event? Orton or Hunter with a dead crowd? Batista with trash being thrown in the ring and people leaving?

58. That would've required thinking more than a week ahead, unlikely

59. It doesn't matter because if you aren't eating meat then you've pretty much given up on living anyway

60. then, now forever

61. Are you talking about pik7.0's banning or Bryan's arm?

62. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Well that fucking ruined my day about Bryan.

63. AverageJoeEverymanOctober 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Sooo Ricard is not afraid to hold back. So he says nothing then?

64. Big time superstar gone and the 'E can do absolutely nothing to change it?

Time for the crowds to start chanting for Bryan through every show!

65. Listen to the trailer. He doesnt have a problem speaking his mind

66. AverageJoeEverymanOctober 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I was goofing on the wording. Should be "isn't afraid to let lose" or something similar.

67. A BoD Update thread without you is not a world I want to live in, dammit!

What are you all going to do when I am away and there are no Updates for a week and a half?

68. who knows. Its early and my brain aint working.

69. On the plus side... this gives WWE plenty of time for the Reigns flop which will make Daniel Bryan cheers that much louder upon his return.

70. At what point do we start thinking of Bryan as the next Magnum T.A.?

71. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Never. He won the World Title. Magnum didn't.

72. I meant more of "cut down in the prime of their careers" way.

73. What a stupid comparison. I'm not even going to bother explaining why.

74. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Ah, hm, I can't think of a comparison right now. If he comes back then definitely not.

75. Cheer up...it's reported wrestling news. There's a good chance it's completely and utterly false.

76. I don't like the cut of your jib, sir.

77. So you think that about 2 billion people have given up on living?

Have any theories about India's population growth?

Even by wrestling blog standards, that's shockingly stupid.

78. And on that note, I'm off to Wendy's for a double baconator!

79. Bryan is going to crash his porsche into a telephone pole in Charlotte, N.C. causing him to be paralyzed and end his in ring career?

80. I'm not circumcised so my jib is uncut.

81. Why does everyone assume Bryan's career is over?

82. So they've resorted to quack doctors poorly diagnosing health issues to finally bury Bryan once and for all. The WWE machine sure is persistent in getting only what they want over.

83. Because people are dumb.

84. One step closer to my dream: Robo-Bryan, the Cybernetic Goat.

85. There's plenty of food on the road if you don't mind carrion

86. CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!

87. I'd rather Bryan take the time out and come back healthy than rush back to pop a Survivor Series buyrate.

He's got nothing to prove. World champ, main-evented WM, adoring fans, the best wrestler in the world respected all over the planet...if his career ended, he's had a great one.

88. This is the answer.

89. I'd buy that for a dollar!

90. Well if the above story is true he's definitely not coming back by SS.

91. I don't even wanna think about that. I am in WWF1987 type denial about it!!! BAYLESS WILL STILL POST UPDATES! EVERYTHING IS FINE!

92. People (especially internet commenters) have a short attention span and 6-12 months sounds like forever in the hour to hour online news cycle.

93. Well, WWE never really wanted to push him, anyway. Now they got their wish!

94. I know, eh? Edge, Benoit AND Austin all missed about a year, all 3 came back and won world titles.

95. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Daniel Bryan has burned me. I will now support someone who works in a much safer style.
    *puts the Andre the Giant tape in his VCR*

96. Hey! I'm not some slack-jawed yokel!

*something catches my attention*

Hyuk! Look at that pointy-haired little girl!

97. I'm suprised they were able to get the last few months of wrestling out of Bryan that they got. Could you imagine if he was diagnosed with this in February and missed all of wrestlemania?

98. Wrestlers themselves have kind of trained us to expect them back in totally unreasonable time frames.

I mean it's not like it's possible to take 4 years off with a career ending injury and return to have a whole separate greatest in-ring career in history. It makes sense for everyone to be in a panic.

99. He probably was and just powered on through.

100. Ahhhh...that's the stuff.

101. Garbage would've been pelted into the ring during Orton/Batista. Fan reactions were already borderline there, already.

102. Yeah you're right, this is a wrestling blog, certainly no place for obvious jokes.

103. Bummer about Willie Mack. I was looking forward to seeing him in nxt eventually.

104. I never said we should bring in the legal system into this, this is clearly a case for mob justice

105. Lots of unnecessary Magnum hate here.

106. Batista yes. It would have been his Wrestlemania moment!

107. Your critique of my posting has been noted and I am actively working on improving what I write so it maximizes your entertainment and the obvious sarcasm isn't lost on you. Will do better next time.

108. I'm more excited about Del Rio. He just seems like he'd have zero fucks to give.

109. I think there's a lot of ugliness backstage now in WWE, as much as ever before, it's just hidden better.

110. Yeah. I watched a YouTube compilation of him yesterday and was shocked to see the guy pulling off shooting stars and crazy suplexes.

111. Well, that's fine, but I still think you owe me something for the time I've spent on this/you. I think $3 dollars seems fair. I accept paypal

112. I heard the Hawkins shoot was the same way. And Hawkins has a 2008 WWE Timeline coming out this December too.

113. To add on to ProjectBlue's question: How will TJ surgery help Bryan? My only guess is that if the arm isn't regaining strength, it means there's some nerve damage there, and that the surgery will be a way to get stronger, but that's a shot out in left field. Not even sure if that will work, but what do I know.

114. It's funny, I wonder which scenario was worse to be in: The old days of crazy drug fueled rampages and super politics and the good old boys, or now where it appears to be a bunch of skittish kittens all trying to just average enough to not get noticed.

115. Well played, MrTuesdayNight.

116. If I remember right, there's a tendon in the arm they take off, shorten a bit, and reattach. The idea is a tighter tendon brings strength back into the arm.

I wouldn't get my hopes too far up to ever see Bryan wrestle again. This is a major, major surgery and the longevity afterwards is not very long.

117. Who in the blue Hell is Willie Mack?

118. Is this "VCR" thing one of those new 4K technologies I've been hearing about lately?

119. I was a bit wrong below. The procedure completely removes a tendon from the arm and replaces it with a tendon from somewhere in the leg.

It's pretty common in baseball, but making a full recovery is rare. Usually, the pitchers who have it done come back not quite as good as they used to be. I dunno...it's pretty major surgery.

120. If anyone doesn't like it there, they can always go to TN*snicker*HAHAHAHA

Sorry, I just can't finish that sentence while keeping a straight face.

121. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Who's going to update us!

122. A PWG wrestler. He's a really big guy (fat) who's really, really fast and has a high degree of technical ability. He's basically 2004 Samoa Joe. I'm very curious as to why he got cut.

123. Probably because he's fat.

124. Why don't they just stick a metal plate in the arm? It worked for Luger. Why are they faffing around with all this complicated "real sport" stuff?

125. Which makes me think it's desperate surgery. If his arm hasn't regained strength up to this point, and it's been 6 months, I have to wonder if he'll ever come back. IF the report is true, of course.

You see it happening in baseball with high schoolers getting it, but I think the reasoning here is different. But again, what do I know.

126. I would pay good money to see LeBron hit Kobe with a metal plate in his arm.

127. I'd pay good money to see Kobe hit Lebron with a chair.

128. Plus Bryan had a beard and Magnum just had a moustache. It's absurd.

129. At least then you had other options. You could go to WCW or to the local territories and recharge, while still keeping yourself current.

The climate today backstage just seems incredibly unhealthy.

130. That Vince/Curtis Axel story is outrageous - how can Axel possibly be that much of a pussy?

131. Tommy John, the man the surgery is named after, had a stellar career post-surgery and many of the pitchers who have had it have posted numbers that are in every way comparable to their stats pre-surgery.

No body part will ever be 100% after a surgery, but you make it sound like once it happens, the dude's athletic career is on borrowed time. Not true.

132. Maybe they will really panic and do Austin/Rock for the title...

133. I wouldn't say "as much as ever before", but yeah politics and personal beefs are always going to exist in any work place

134. I think Bryan has even said that the injury he's got isn't something that happened recently, but is rather cumulative damage reaching the tipping point, so yeah, I imagine he knew and was hurting, but had been for a while (you can get used to anything) and didn't want to miss his big moment unless he had to.

135. Because the smark community is a bunch of panty-pissing Chicken Littles when it comes to their darlings getting injured.

136. Bayless, you sure you didn't accidentally grab an old article about Bryan, because I swear I got deja vu reading that article.

137. Then the Undertaker is going to resume his streak by killing Bryan on the table.

Vince and the creative team reportedly feel that the Brock loss was "misjudged" and they want to "rebuild" the Undertaker by enhancing his "realism".

The night after Wrestlemania, he's going to gut and skin Zack Ryder on RAW.

Sorry, the RAW pre-show.

138. These doctors the WWE are using fucking suck. 95% of the pitchers who get TJ surgery are back in a year pitching like their old selves. Bryan has been home for like 6 months and they are just now figuring out he needs this?

139. There are no DVD players in Aruba? This doesn't seem to be what's best for business.

140. That's because they've been recycling the same report for about 6 months now. "Bryan has little to no strength in his arm, may need surgery, doesn't want to get surgery unless it's a necessity" is the new "Steve Austin has been seen doing intensive physical training, a return to the ring seems a likely possibility."

141. It was dated yesterday

142. I was going to up-vote you but you already up-voted yourself. Instead I'm going to point at you and screech like I'm a Bodysnatcher.

143. The recovery rate is almost 100% now and the guys that need it twice are usually guys who got it before 2005.

144. I won't believe anything about Daniel Bryan unless I hear it from him.

145. "And the bad news is, he's fat!"

146. More like they were hoping he could heal naturally, without surgery. Unfortunately, it's looking less and less likely that the natural way will work out.

147. Plus, he's African-American. The WWE doesn't really like that, historically. If he'd been at least a *bit* Samoan he'd be okay... but... nah.

148. "My wife is an idiot!"

149. He got the Bella with the caterpillar eyebrows and less in-ring ability.

150. Is it really that shocking?

151. In baseball it's more that a ligament needs to be replaced. Loss of strength from nerve damage doesn't come up much.

152. You wouldn't kick her out of bed, hombre.

153. To sum up something my girlfriend has taken to saying when we're, uh, watching Total Divas together:

Rubella >>>>>> Brie Bella.

154. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7sx32alzeE

155. If I was a WWE champion and or a millionaire I'd certainly aim higher.

She's got no tits or ass, not my type.

156. Yeah you would. Are you going to fuck Daniel Bryan's wife? Did you hear about that burglar?

157. Its more like if Shawn had to retire when he lost his smile.

158. Good point. I think he moved to Vegas and worked out with Xtreme Couture for like a year.

159. No love for Brian Bayless?

160. Or we view them as humans who shouldn't kill themselves for an industry full of bloodthirsty fans and promoters.

161. I'd get a Brie Bella vaccination but it'd give me autism.

162. I think Brian should stick around for awhile. He'll be fine after his honeymoon and I'm sure he'll post the Bischoff shoot eventually.

163. You deserved it, you were being a douche that day.

164. Ricardo? What did he ever do to you?

165. I really wish Bryan hadn't married a ring rat groupie. That really makes me wonder what kind of person he really is.

166. I agree, she's no Tamina Snuka...but she's still pretty hot.

167. You shut your filthy fucking mouth! Brian Bayless is a saint!

168. You're aware that the WWE doesn't mandate Bryan go to certain doctors, yes? That the ones they recommend are usually the best in their field?

Also, the body is a complicated thing. Let's not act like a bunch of Internet dipshits who've never been to medical school or met Bryan can diagnose and design a course of treatment better than his doctors can.

Finally, Bryan (from what I have read) was the one who was opposed to surgery unless absolutely necessary, hoping that rehab and therapy would do the trick. Can't strap the guy down and cut him open if he wants to explore other options.

169. A jock? A guy who gets hit in the head for a living while he exercises in front of chicks?

170. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Oh shit, you guys want me to deal with the dirt sheetz? Bayless, send me your links in an email and I'll take care of the Little Doomers while you're gone.

171. Honestly, sitting at home getting rest for six months has probably been the best thing to ever happen to him.

172. Funny, but I was first. Nyeh.

173. Funny, but I was first. Nyeh!

174. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I have one of those and an electronic table top football game.

175. Honestly, what the fuck do you even know?

176. Worst_in_the_WorldOctober 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Well actually, when Bryan did that press conference (after he beat up that burglar after SD Comic COn) he 100% confirmed what Meltzer had been reporting, which was that he still didn't have any strength in his arm and had no idea when he'd be back. So yeah, Bryan himself said it.

177. It must gall HHH that he couldn't beat Daniel Bryan but a soy intolerance did.

178. I think the dirt sheet writers got bored. We've haven't posted about Bryan and Tommy John surgery in a while, let's rio people up.

179. So, I clicked on the PWinsider link for the first (and last) time. When does the law of diminishing returns kick in on the ads on the page? There are so many on the page it's impossible that any of them actually get noticed.

180. That he he married a horrible person, and he married a co worker from a business where they all end in awful tragedies.

181. Carrion works if you can't find good carry-out.

182. Now now, Brie is no ring rat. That would mean she cares about wrestling.

183. At least you make up for in politeness what you lack in funniness. You seem nice, I hope you stick around.

184. That's pretty harsh. How is she a horrible person? Based on what exactly? Her terrible on-screen character? Her character on Total Divas? So she's not the best actor...she's trying to make a living.

There are TONS more terrible people/performers in wrestling than Brie Bella.

185. I'm trying to understand how she's a horrible person. Because she slept around at one point in her life? Is that really it is or is there more to your conclusions?

186. Even news writers still have to follow Search Engine Marketing directives.

187. This is one of those comments that's gonna go on NPP