Evening Thread - Sunday Edition

Halloween Havoc '94 on the network tonight, starting at 8:00 PM ET.

Game 2 of the NLCS between the Giants and Cardinals on Fox Sports 1, with the Giants up in the series 1-0.

Sunday night football on NBC with the Giants taking on the Eagles.

NHL action with the Leafs taking on the Rangers, and the Winnipeg Jets in LA to face the Kings.

There's NBA pre-season action.

Sunday night TV. The Walking Dead premiers tonight. No spoilers, please.

Comments

1. Someone in the NFL thread posted some articles from 411 on the sorry, sorry state of TNA wrestling and I can't believe they've already taped all the title changes for the TV that airs after their "biggest show of the year." Like, they couldn't have shown Bobby Roode winning the TNA title on TV a few weeks before so at least the TNA World Champion could appear on their show?

Considering how awful TNA is and how the WWE World Champion isn't going to be on TV until January, has the current North American Product ever been as bad -- or maybe as dull -- as it is right now?

2. Seems like the perfect time to subscribe to the WWE Network. Maybe it's a conspiracy!

Now to make a poorly designed meme about the WWE weakening their product to get fans to subscribe to the network for their wrestling entertainment...

3. So I went on a LOTR binge so I could play Shadow of Mordor and know what I was doing. Those movies man, they are SO FUCKING GOOD when you watch them as like an actual adult. Shadow of Mordor is insane too. NBA 2k15 which took 15 hours to install (really!) is sitting on my shelf unplayed because of it.

Oh and if anyone wants a quality WTF IS THIS SHIT game - check out D4, it's a weird super japanese Kinect game on the Xbox One.

And this Austin v. Triple H Three Stages of Hell match is great.

4. How I feel with the Raiders' loss today:

5. Aw man. You had to be pulling for the Raiders. :(

6. 11 in a goddamn row.

7. Shit I wish I had tomorrow off!

8. Sidenote: Mac's delivery of goddammit is perfect.

9. The best is when he puts the pause after God. God.....DAMN IT.

10. I know you're joking, but I wouldn't put it past Vince to make his current TV product shit so people buy the Network.

Vince is a businessman first and foremost.

11. Does anywhere in the west coast have it off? It seems like it's only still a real holiday on the east coast. I haven't had Columbus Day off since I was in grade school.

12. The 12th man is gonna blow if they lost this game.

13. Seattle being a crappy road team is hardly unexpected. I think last year was one of the only times they ever actually won some games away from the Clink.

14. Seattle is at home.

15. Woah! The Cage gets its own Entrance Music at No Way Out 2001 and I think it's the opening Chords of Bawiddaba!

16. Whoa! This is unexpected then. I'm wondering why my metrics didn't have this as an auto pick for Seattle then. I just figured that with me not betting it, it must have been in Dallas.

17. Well I thought I was going to Raw tomorrow but last night I was sick as a dog. I'm feeling a lot better now but I'll still be on a liquids only by tomorrow plus I don't want to get anyone sick.

18. Seattle's D is the only reason they're down 4.

19. Aw come on man. What's the harm in being sick in a public place right now? Just tell people you just got back from Africa, everything will be fine.

20. ...don't you feel a cough developing?

21. And there he stands. The world's only courteous wrestling fan.

22. Eh, mostly it's because I'm still pretty weak and I don't want to be tempted to eat solid food yet.

23. https://youtube.com/watch?v=WNZUcumvYMM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

24. I might watch the Giants game tonight instead of the Giants game.

25. HOLY SHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

26. How do the Cowboys have 5 wins.....

27. How 'bout dem Cowboys?

28. It's an Italian-American thing. Maybe there aren't as many dagos on the West Coast. They really should replace Columbus Day with something appropriate like St. Patrick's Day or Casimir Pulaski Day.

29. I think someone forgot to tell the Cowboys that the Seahawks are unbeatable at home.

30. Percy Harvin killed my team this week. I'm up 10 points but I have only Phil Dawson left while my opponent still has Shady and the 9ers D. Yet somehow ESPN is still projecting me to win by 2 points.

31. I have no idea who or what a Bulma is, but one was at NY Comic Con on Saturday, and it made me rethink my stance on dignity, vis-a-vis shamelessly throwing yourself at someone.

32. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM

She probably made Goku a man.

33. Was she trying to hook up with a guy with black spiky hair and a weird blue and white jumpsuit?

34. We've been trying to make Cesar Chavez day a thing here but nobody's biting. Maybe in 20 years.

35. I miss the outlaw days of YouTube when people would upload full shoot interviews with weird titles like )2/-\\/€|\| shoot.

36. She was dressed like this but with bigger cans and a face with cheeks like Jenna Coleman.

37. Not that I saw.

38. I would of been all over that.

39. I could see Philly D getting a lot play tomorrow.

I doubt the Rams will make easy for Kap to score.

40. Here's a NSFW YouTube clip of her fan service moments

Japan has a much different standard on what's acceptable for children to see.

41. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Back in 1st place in my division in the BoD FFLoD. THE CHAMP! IS STILL! HERE!

#LOLDBSMWINS *waves tiny towel*

42. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I was the one who posted the articles.

What I really liked about the 1st article was how convoluted the title situation was exposed to be.

43. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

The guy who traveled from Liberia after lying, developed Ebola and died:

Does he deserve sympathy or derision?

44. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

If he's patient zero of the zombie apocalypse here, probably derision.

45. But at least in that case, it'll be a short derision

46. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Zombie apocalypse is a myth.

47. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM

That's what everyone says right before it happens.

48. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Updated the intro to the post to include the NLCS and Walking Dead. Apparently, I forgot what was on TV tonight.

49. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I'd really love to know why Japan in particular developed such a whacked sense of this kind of stuff

50. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Texas will be ground zero. I've already fortified my house and boarded my windows.

"Get off my lawn" has now taken on a whole different tone.

51. The only reason they can grow network subscriptions is to have better ppvs, and the only way they can drive people to the ppvs is better weekly TV.

Honestly I know it would be costly but they need Brock at Hell in the Cell. Cena/Brock was the most Hell in the Cell ready feud they've had in forever. And I think I ready people who subscribed the week of WrestleMania have been lost very recently, and is the Ambrose/Rollins/Cena situation a reason to subscribe? I mean hell, I know they can't do a War Games match but couldn't they at least have put together some kind of six way clusterfuck in the Cell with the winner getting a shot a Brock, and some kind of "Deadly Game/Survivor Series/Battle Bowl" something or other there to crown the next #1 contender for Royal Rumble?

52. Dragon Ball is actually a good example of it being funny. The author admits to just having fun writing it and it shows.

53. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM

COME TO NJPW, be one of us!

54. Are you on your phone? I don't think they update that projection in real time.

55. America is so hostile to labor right now 20 years is a minimum.

56. Ah, Coach doing the Charleston. I wish I could remember which Raw it was where Rocky put the poontang pie shirt over Kevin Kelly's face. 'Is poontang pie boring you, Kevin?'

57. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonOctober 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

LeVar Burton's Star Trek Selfie:

58. Football is also a thing.

59. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM

LOL, Shatner looks lost

60. Cardnials in the first place of the NFC West.

Crazy.

61. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonOctober 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

62. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I've done that

63. 49ers could miss the playoffs this year.

64. Imagine being the nurse who had to care for him. Now she has Ebola.

65. *patiently waits for December collapse*

66. Man, that is some hideous audio, TNA.

67. I forgot JCP/WCW did the national anthem at their PPVs. They ought to bring that back to make it more of a sporting event.

68. I'm okay with that.

I'm even more okay with that if it means Harbaugh loses his job.

69. WWE does this too.

It's a hit or miss thing, really.

If the country is at war, the companies definitely do it.

70. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Well, that's what I'm talking about. Dude only cared about himself and not only did it not do any good, it's already causing problems for others

71. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

HEY GUYS, THIS DUDE BOUGHT BOUND FOR GLORY!!!!

*points and laughs*

72. I did NAHT, lol.

73. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

*wink*

74. Russia, always Russia.

75. He's SO pretty, that man from New York City...

76. Putting my gambling winning streak on the line with the Giants ML.

77. I was only 6 in 1990 and had no way to watch AWA, but I can't imagine it felt any different than this.

78. People forget... they won 10 games last year.

79. Mother fucker.

Isn't that score way too low for a football score.

80. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

LOL

81. The New York ones.

82. Time to watch some more Russian dashcams.

83. The big difference is AWA actually had a heyday.

84. He knew he had it, flew to Europe, then America, then had close contact with family including hugging and holding his step daughter. Guy is a selfish POS. Most disease infections are things that just happen. If the US or western Europe have a big ebola outbreak in the next couple weeks it will actually be his fault.

Zero sympathy from me.

85. Of course he does. That's not his crew.

86. Haha no man, that's their record right now. They are 5 wins 1 loss on the season.

87. The Bills got a new owner, but we know the Patriots have truly owned them for 10 years.

88. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

LOL, my 1st thought, too

89. Sting looking good in his Oakleys and checkerboard suspenders.

90. And beat Seattle. They're a pretty good team.

91. Did you get the invite to the Fantasy Basketball league?

92. Mitch, The GodfatherOctober 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Man, I was so close to winning $200 last night in hockey. Damn you, Edmonton/Vancouver.

93. This video makes me feel better about myself, in that, I would in no way find any of this arousing.

94. They just don't get any media coverage. Dallas on the other hand, even the commentators are talking Superbowl during today's game.

95. I have their fantasy app on my iPad. It's fucking amazing.

96. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

"TNA Bound for Glory 2014 on tape delay, with spoilers widely available on the internet."
    Ok, that made me chuckle.
    How's everyone doing tonight?

97. To be considered a spoiler doesn't it have actually spoil something?

98. And they've done it this year with a backup QB in the league's toughest division.

99. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

How they can be so simple in one sense, then crazy in another. I'm with you there.

100. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

TNA is gonna die, who cares?

101. Catching SNF on First Row tonight... the feed is out of Western NY... so it's just as if Once Upon a Time isn't on... and I can watch football in the living room!

102. It sure is a mystery who that masked man who helped Flair was.

103. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Flair's daughter

Hot or not?

104. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Eh, middle ground.

105. Very. I'm more a Bayley fan (that ass), but Charlotte has her charms.

106. Carrie Underwood might win the award for most attractive singer with the most annoying talents. I can't think of a hotter woman (top to bottom) that sings worse music.

107. Tough to ignore a tall, athletic blonde.

108. If she were 5'2" she'd be a 4/10.

109. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

She never was that hot to me until this year's stripperific garb.

110. If I saw her in real life, yeah she's attractive. But superficial divas standards, no, not particularly.

111. This is something Dallas has been waiting for say for a long time: HOW ABOUT DEM COWBOYS!?

112. That dress is pretty slutty.

113. Pretty Wonderful, HTM, Johnny B. Badd - this PPV was great for entrance music.

114. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

The cool thing about going out with a girl named Mary is that I can send her the clip of Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber saying, "I like you Mary....ILIKEYOUALOT"

115. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I can never look at Bayley the same again after Thomashall compared her to an 8 year old.

116. Got that Texas glam thing going. Hot.

117. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Some football folks say it's better for the league when Dallas is good, but I disagree: I really miss talking shit to all my Cowboy-loving relatives for how terrible their team is. But they look good, even though you know they'll choke in January anyway.

118. Used to be friends with her on facebook. She asked my friend to stop writing on her wall when he kept asking her why HHH turned on Flair in 05

119. I have a 4 point lead going into the evening game... opponent has Andre Williams yet to play and I have Lesean McCoy... going to be close.

120. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

When ever you say TNA's gonna die, I always picture you doing the "Millions of Dollars" dance while saying it.

121. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

She's usually not one to go that route, which makes it hotter.

122. Kinda feel bad for Bulldog after he jumped to WCW with Bret. He was still a top guy in WWE, jumps, and immediately crashes down to the bottom in a jobber team with Anvil. Then career ending injury. Holy fuck.

123. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM

They were good last year, and they look even better this year even without healthy QBs. Arians knows how to fucking coach.

124. New team: Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze: Pretty Smart.

125. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonOctober 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM

That was his choice, cuz...

...or his wife's.

126. They mismanaged Bret. Of course they would do the same to his hanger-ons.

127. Honestly though, with Shawn's stranglehold on Vince, Bulldog's career was pretty much done anyways.

128. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Better than Speed Force.

129. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonOctober 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

He could have had a career jobbing to Shawn in main events,

130. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Rock Bottom'd into dog poop

Can't forget that

131. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

It's pretty awesome that Stewart still enjoys the ST connection.

132. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Two titles in two years, I'm as clutch as they come.

133. Shawn worked with Owen ONCE after Montreal, he wasn't working with anyone else.

134. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

THE DOG POOP THE DOG POOP

135. Adam "Colorado" CurryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Cops were just at my house, and I can't for the life of me think of a reason why.

136. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Whenever anyone says "TNA's gonna die," I imagine it like when Mikey Whipwreck said "I'm gonna die!"

137. Any football players interview: "Execution. Gotta execute. We won because we executed. We lost because we didn't execute. Well we gotta execute better. Just keep executing. We're on to Cincinnati."

138. Wasn't he rutted back down into the tag ranks by then?

139. Switched from the Giants game to BFG during commercial. EC3 doing Ham Slam while some guy in the front row shakes his head in boredom and shame, haha.

Opener was fun though..

140. It's always better for the league when Dallas is good.

141. Who gets a win first: Oakland or Jacksonville?

142. Forgot "God looked down on us today"

143. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Worse, he got saddled with the Mean Street Posse

144. http://www.countryweekly.com/sites/countryweekly.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/sunday-night-football-2014-nbc-carrie-underwood-1k.jpg

145. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I imagine it being said like Beetlejuice, or "Millions and Millions of Dollars!" complete with the dance.

146. Oakland's schedule gets brutal real fast. I can honestly see them going 1-15 or 0-16. Jaguars win first.

147. Adam "Colorado" CurryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM

John.

148. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM

They were looking for your Mexican non-union equivalent, the one who posted a few weeks ago

149. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Oakland. The way they played today, they'll catch someone in a trap game. I can't imagine who will lose to JAX.

150. http://espn.go.com/nfl/print/schedule?team=oak

St. Louis or Buffalo?

151. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

This is why Richard Sherman is the hero we deserve.

152. Oakland... they showed signs of a team that can win a game before Jacksonville today.

153. http://espn.go.com/nfl/print/schedule?team=jax

Miami seems like a team that would lose to Jax

154. Oooooo... I didn't know the Giants were playing DARKNESS Eagles tonight. Philly for the win.

155. One thing I always found funny about Bulldog, he was always the random heel challenger to the World title when the champion was in between bigger feuds. Did it with three straight champions, Hart/Nash/Michaels.

156. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

It's more entertaining when Jerry Jones looks like Al Davis 2.0.

157. Oakland didn't win today? What happened?

158. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I think of Zandig: "YOU'RE GONNA DIE! YOU'RE GONNA DIE! I GUARANTEE IT!" *milk splash* "I AM GONNA KILL YOU!"

159. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

She's the one who wrote "Before He Cheats," right?

Imagine the backlash if a guy wrote the same song but from the opposite point of view. But b/c it's a female, she can destroy the guy's property and everyone's all "YOU GO GIRL"

160. "Fallen off a little bit" Chris Collinsworth: king of understatements

161. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Oh yes.

162. Three possible wins are Browns, Buffalo, and St. Louis. Browns looked pretty good today. I'm thinking St. Louis is the best bet just because their offense is a mess and it seems their defensive line lacks the dominance of last year.

163. San Diego scored and then Carr threw a pick

164. I've got a special cognitive dissonance trick for that: Bayley is a nice, naive wrestler kids love. Pamela Martinez is a person I want to see naked.

165. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

#LOLRAIDERSLOSE

166. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

That was a gorgeous INT too.

167. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

CHARLIE MURPHY

168. TNA PPV currently has a fatter copycat of Rikishi, oy

169. The Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop! WCW in 1994 had some great tag team action.

170. Adam "Colorado" CurryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Nah, this was suburb cops, not imigra. But it was weird, just one shows up, bangs on the door (I thought it was just my goofy ass cat running up and down the stairs so I ignored it, and there's a note on my front door saying to come to the back), then he just leaves. If I had a warrant or something there would be a lot more than one, and there's no reason I'd have a warrant anyway. I know one thing though, any time a cop shows up at your house it's never for anything good.

171. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

JEEEZUS!!!

172. DARKNESSES!

173. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

EYES AND TEETH

174. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

ROBBIE MORENOOOOOOO

175. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

"Come to the back"

LOL, you got propositioned, brah!

176. Mitch, The GodfatherOctober 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Cincinnati. Book it.

177. Shawn only "worked" like 5 times total after Montreal.

178. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I have my own way too, as others have said.
    It's the daughter of Eugene!

179. I have no idea.

180. I just imagine Dixie drinking champagne in a hotel room tonight patting herself on the back for a job well done with BFG today. Whole thing went off without a hitch.

181. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

HAHA, YOU BOUGHT THE PPV

182. TNA: Tens of Dollars, Tens of Dollars!

183. Adam "Colorado" CurryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Career ending? He went back to the WWF.

184. lolno, although watching a stream isn't much better

185. Jax just because their division is easier.

186. ThebrazilianpsychoOctober 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

And got relegated to jobber status.

187. I'm weird. I like Sherman and I despise Russell Wilson.

188. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SUNDAY-NEWSPAPER-FOR-MY-COLLEGE-SCHOLARSHIP-PROGRAM SHILLERS AT MY MOTHERFUCKING HOUSE

189. Who are we to tell jobbers all over the world that it isn't a career!? I will have no part in this!

190. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Except for the whole "no one bought it" thing