Monday Night Open Mic

Howdy Blog O'Doomers!

At the Lightning-Canadiens game so this will be a quick one. Enjoy your evening!

On TV:

Raw
MNF (49ers vs. Rams)
MLB Playoff game has been rained out.
A couple NHL games

New Gotham, Big Bang Theory and The Blacklist.

Come out swinging and try to keep it clean! :)

Comments

1. I'm home with nothing to do on a Monday for the first time in months. Should I watch Raw?

2. Yeah, I was thinking the Vader one too. I haven't seen his Mid-South stuff in any great quantity, so I can't vouch for the Dibiase matches. I do want to check them out though, since Dibiase is one of my all-time favorite heels

3. The last 2 months or so haven't been the time to return to watching Raw

4. CruelConnectionNumber2October 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM

There should be a minimum 4-5 hours of all-new content a day. WWE isn't a big enough TV company to do that. Thus, the Network is a failure. Does ESPN show a baseball game from 5 years ago FOUR TIMES A DAY in loop? And give you VOD to it's baseball library, but only Reds games and only from 1993 to 1995? This is ridiculous.

5. Unless one is a masochist.

6. Im eating pancakes and watching that movie What women want with Mel Gibson.

7. The fall is seriously the doldrums for WWE, especially RAW. And after last year's Survivor Series, I'm willing to replace that with MITB as the fourth PPV in WWE's Big Four.

8. So you're watching a movie with Mel Gibson and he suggests a Mel Gibson movie? What an ego maniac.

9. CruelConnectionNumber2October 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

This is probably to pay the severance packages for all the previous Network "heads" that were fired.

10. Batista starts work on Bond 24 after Thanksgiving so strike him from 31 I guess.

11. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

From the Raw preshow:

Alex Riley: How many times has John Cena fought the Big Show? Countless. Same with Kane and Randy Orton.

12. The only scene worth watching is where he gets drunk and actually tries on the women's products.

13. He could always wrap up filming by the Rumble so he can win it two years in a row.

14. Does anyone else watch RAW on the USA website live stream? Is it in real time or is there a delay?

15. Is Bayless secretly posting these? She's mailing it in like our good ol' Brian now

16. I didn't even know they showed it on their website. I seriously need to abandon cable

17. Oh my word

18. Yeah you need to sign in with your cable provider. I just use my father's Fios account number to watch cable networks.

19. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Obee-Kaybee

20. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Alex RIley really likes to talk with his hands.

21. foiled yet again. Do they authenticate somehow or can 10 homes use the same one?

22. Wasn't The Rock trying to get that part?

23. Lol no. It's way beneath him at this point.

24. ::surprise chairshot::

Happy the Gamecocks were able to beat Bye Week. Congrats.

25. I'm not sure. He never uses his account so I'm the only one on it. I think there's a delay of about 30 seconds.

26. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Oh man that is awesome.

27. Come on Gotham don't fail me.

28. ok, thanks for the info

29. http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-news-the-rock-wants-to-be-in-james-bond-movie-mad-magazine-mocks-wrestlemania-iii/

"- Contact Music reports that The Rock wants to play a villain in a James bond movie, inspired by his grandfather Peter Maivia. Maivia played a driver who fights Sean Connery’s version of Bond in the 1967 movie You Only Live Twice.Rock said: “I would love to be a Bond villain. I am a huge fan of Daniel Craig and the Bond movies but it seems only right to follow in my grandfather’s footsteps as a Bond baddie.“"

30. That is just hilarious and creative lol

31. So do I, but when I do it the words "crazy" and "institution" come up. Don't know why.

32. What the hell is Cheerwine?

33. It got a full season order. I still haven't watched an episode yet. I think I'm going to wait until the season is done before watching.

34. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:53 PM

KANYON DID IT

35. Hey!
    Yeah, she probably is but don't you worry, I will come back from vacation rejuvenated and post with more effort or die of ebola.

36. Beat the bye week just like we beat Clemson FIVE IN A ROW. #UCANTSEEME

37. 1. Rock says a lot of things.

2. No actor will ever turn down a role publicly before it's offered.

3. Batista is a henchmen, not the villain. Huge difference.

4. If Rock really wanted it, he would have gotten it.

38. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:54 PM

OBEE KAYBEE

Softball, brah, softball

39. My new favorite video.

40. It's like when Turner took all the revenue from WCW PPVs and treated it as income for Turner Home Entertainment

41. come back with ebola and you will face the feds in a loser leaves the world match like that dude in Dallas.

42. Just like all those BCS games you guys have played in...oh wait.

43. I liked the pilot but the past two episode got progressively worse. Hoping this episode can improve.

44. So I've decided on getting a PS4. I am ordering it probably by Friday this week. Gonna get NBA 2k15 for my first game.

45. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

For the most part I like.

Jada Smith is insufferable, though.

"I JUST GOT A CHILL" from how bad she is

46. SHE IS THE WORST. She is doing her damnedest to ruin the show single handedly.

47. Who the fuck is Nene Leakes and why should I care?

48. It's lived long enough to become the villain

49. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM

DAMMIT, DEVIN

50. Carolina should just be JTTS in a lower conference to boost the resume rather than win 11 games in the S-E-C.
    Clemson - jobbing to top ten teams since reconstruction.

51. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Donal Logue and Penguin keep me watching

52. When I heard Nene was going to be on RAW, I thought they meant the basketball player.

53. I like how on the live cut-in preview for RAW they had a graphic featuring Big Show, Rusev, and Lana's breasts...

54. *Rudy touchdown dance*

55. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

DAT LANA

56. Hello my Monday night therapy group

57. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

You get to cut the T'giving turkey!

58. Weren't there glitches galore for that?

59. Step gingerly when Nene leaks.

60. All these no talent chicks on Raw lately have really made me miss the Dudley's.

61. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

It has 99 problems, but a glitch ain't one

62. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hi Bones...

63. Advertising is a thing that most reasonable role expect in all venues. "Paying for it" means nothing. People have paid for Sirius/XM from the start and ads are abundant there. I don't think it's an ad-free pipe dream as much as a "well, the gravy train ended and now it's time for ads" thing.

64. idk. Hoping they are fixed by the time I get it.

65. Mitch, The GodfatherOctober 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I hope Chrisley gets RKO'd.

66. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

"The following program is a post-watershed production..."

67. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I'd call her "Neen" just b/c

68. My name is Bones and I have a problem...

69. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Then punted.

70. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Then his show cancelled.

71. Okay, how long have they been doing these melodramatic openings?

72. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Then decrapitated

73. Not a bad idea. Ps3 and xbox 360 games will not be made in 2015

74. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

DeCRAPitated?

75. I hope they don't waste Cena vs Ambrose on a RAW.

76. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I am not watching Raw at the moment b/c I REFUSE to watch it when THEY tell me I must watch it!

DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!!

77. I do too. I get from Flair. I didn't realize how bad it was til my ex-wife called me on it once.

78. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Wait... that Cena baseball joke. What the hell was that?

79. I hope John Cena wins both matches at HIAC just for the internet reaction.

80. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Fantastic.

81. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

You heard (saw) what I said (wrote).

82. Which I'm fine with. PS3/360 games are dirt cheap, make them cheaper.

83. Contract on a Pole match. Somewhere, Vince Russo is smiling.

84. Putting Cena in this feud has dragged it way down. Such a shame. Also doesn't speak well to them trusting the young guys just yet.

85. I was hoping they'd go with the hot hand instead of having to listen to friggin' HHH or Cena's song and diatribe. Good on them.

86. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

But I thought HHH said the internet doesn't matter...

87. Wow. Didn't know that. That sucks. I have $165 in Amazon gift cards and used PS4's on there are about $300 or so, even a new one every now and then pops up for $300 so getting a PS4 for $135 cash seems like a good deal.

88. If you're using their bandwidth without paying them, you're stealing. I totally get where you're coming from, but you're stealing.

89. Sling Blade is on for those of you with direct tv. One of the funniest movies of all time.

90. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM

He held 2 base balls on Smackdown.

91. cause that would totally make up for watching a crap show?

92. This was the first trend on Twitter in a long-ass time that I could get behind.

93. I RECKON YOU GOT POTTED MEAT FOR SALE

94. That's a terrible shirt.

95. Ambrose's theme song has really grown on me. The opening is really distinguishable and the riff that drives the song is decent.

96. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Feels really forced in there. He seems like a selfish prick over it all.

"He almost ended your career Dean, but I lost my 16th title opportunity!"

97. I think we're done; I'm not the only one.

98. You're such a rebel! Just like Denise

99. I really wish I hadn't been reading "Death of WCW" on the day RAW begins hyping a PPV with a "Contract-On-A-Pole Match"...

100. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM

That early? Wow.

101. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Judging by Russo's opinions the last few weeks, he's probably against those now too.

102. My first time seeing Ambrose is a while. I like this guy a lot so far

103. He's pretty awesome.

104. CruelConnectionNumber2October 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Unstable people usually don't acknowledge themselves by wearing a t-shirt that says "Unstable"

105. I was thinkin id like to take home some of these taters.

106. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Russo shows up on screen with Wyatt's lantern.

"Bro, I'm here"

107. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I hope Christly gets Meatloafed.

108. Better than Raw, other than Ambrose:

109. He should wear a straight jacket then.

110. O/U times Cena will have the match won if not for X - 4.5

111. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Now that I think about it, how come no one asked why she was trapped in that nether dimension like the baddies in Superman 2? I mean, Cos even holds her up and smirks during the credits where he's in a top hat.

112. Ambrose is trying to emote his way out of these shitty lines. It's just not working. These scripted lines suck

113. CruelConnectionNumber2October 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Rollins/Ambrose works better as a TLC in December. Rollins beats Cena at HIAC.

114. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Smilin' panderin' Cena time!
    Brapadoo!

115. Here's John Cena to make some really shitty jokes.

116. Reminds me of the orderlies chasing Kane on an ep of Raw way back when

117. They are setting him up as the stone cold of this era. Going to Coney island and coming back with the hot dog cart was amazing.

118. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM

"And I've been here. FROM DAY ONE"

119. Cena isn't wearing pink armbands. He obviously loves cancer.

120. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM

THE MAAAAAAAAN BEHIND THE MASK

chh-chh-chh
    ha-ha-ha

121. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Ambrose, you're being poopy!
    SMIRK

122. strangly he works better as a face than a heel. I wouldn't have expected that. Probably because he's not another smiling John Cena-lite face.

123. Cena's shirt should say: Keep Calm and Cenawinslol

124. Keep Calm and Win, LOL.

125. "Then, My Time is Now, Forever."

126. If I ever had ringside seats, I'd be tempted to pretend high 5 Cena, and then pull back.

127. He's too ugly to be the next Stone Cold.

128. USA Network stream is about 30 seconds my other one ugh

129. More crowds should throw the shirt back at him

130. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Going on 10 years with the same theme.

131. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM

"Boooo!"

"So this is why they call it Hotlanta huh?

WHAT?

132. I don't have the Cena map handy. Is Atlanta a part of his territory? They sound mostly pro-Cena

133. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Run your hands through your hair too.

134. Cena looks like a five year old who's mom let dress himself before school.

135. Sad to see Ambrose in "official WWE Merchandise" because it's not his character, but go get that money I guess.

136. John Cena, at least pretend you are in a feud with the other guy in the ring before your nonstop pandering.

137. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I thought it was the first time I heard a mixed effect here.

138. I never thought Ambrose was that tall.

139. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM

They're in Atlanta?

OMG STING WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE

140. I'm John Cena and I'm in a rage,
    I got Ambrose and Rollins and I got them in a cage.
    All you internet dorks are really going to grumble,
    When I AA and pin them both at the Hell in a Cell rumble.
    #LOL

141. Sort of. They're an old school Southeast city that likes to cheer the faces and boo the heels, but it's still a city so enough smartasses will go.

142. Cena said shut up! So edgy!

143. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Catering to the demo.

144. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM

HBK used his how long? It's crazy.

145. I don't hate Cena like most, but get him out of this feud.

146. Ambrose is the heelish face that kind of annoys the established star in John Cena.

Cena, you used to be on the other side of this. Respect.

147. Smirking means you're a threat.

148. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighOctober 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Amazing.

149. I cant book myself out of that if those are the stipulations.

150. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Wow Cena's line sound pretty scripted tonight. No one talks like that in real life...

151. Ambrose should slap Cena every time he's within arm's length.

152. HOTLANTA! It's another hot, classic wrestling city to be killed dead by Sports Entertainment horseshit!

153. BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON!!

154. Cena's hero complex is worse than Hogan's

155. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Both don't fit them as much anymore.

156. Ouch. Honestly I haven't watched more than a full hour of RAW since the last PPV. Outside of the potential of Ambrose-Rollins-Cena nothing interests me. I usually warm back up around TLC time in preparation for the Rumble and the Road to Wrestlemania.

157. Fired-up John Cena is Perfectly Acceptable.

158. Seriously...if Cena beats Ambrose at HIAC I'm probably just gonna bail on the whole PPV after that.

159. I hope Cena wins an Emmy one of these days. Maybe he'll give up on the overacting then.

160. Donal Logue is carrying that show on his back. I've liked the little we've seen of Falcone too.

Penguin has been hit or miss for me.

161. Did Cena really just say he's out of Ambrose's league? Borrowing HHH's shovel

162. ....did HHH start walking out without the theme or something? Cena stopped, looked back, half the crowd popped and Ambrose started smirking

163. CruelConnectionNumber2October 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Same shit every week. Turning this off.

164. Gee guys, think they're changing the date of the match?

165. I've gotten 3 e-mails from WWE today. This one is about ZOMBIE-T's!

166. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM

"No no Seymour, it's the children who are wrong."

167. Remember when Magnum and Dusty fought each other to see who got to face Tully in the I Quit match?

168. 9.99 and Mountain Dew commercials

169. vs. Orton and Kane...

170. "And for our personal amusement..."

As if this entire show isn't solely for Stephanie McMahon's amusement.

171. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Tag team action with Cena & Ambrose... how original.

172. Tag match against Authority again.

173. Anyone notice how the crowd started cheering and cena was distracted? Probably another streaker haha

174. But Dusty sold so much merch!

175. If they make a match àgainst Kane and Orton, I'm out.

176. Doesn't matter, whoever it is, they will turn on him later.

177. Just bustin your balls, er bewbs? Is that a thing? Honestly, I haven't watched in forever. Just like hanging out

178. Oprah NoodlemantraOctober 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Steph and Hs are awful on the mic here. Holy crud...

179. Uh oh, Vince finally saw Trading Places.

180. Triple H out to announce a tag match tonight.. --Jesus Steph did it before I could type a joke about it!!

181. Well, at least it's a bit different.

182. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Ok, I'll take that.

183. I like it, but I don't like how they just keep repeating the riff every 15 seconds throughout the song. Kinda messes up the groove.

184. Standard bet? does that mean the winner gets to wear the strap on?

185. Wacky Tag champs?

186. Oh no... we don't need the Tag Team Champs who hate eachother thing...

187. *gulp* a FRESH tag match?!