Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Night Open Mic

Howdy Blog O'Doomers!

It is rainy and nasty here, perfect night to make some chili and watch some TV.

Not a whole lot going on that I wanted to talk about. I listened to the JR podcast with J.J. Dillon and it's a really good one because...no one is going to out talk J.J. Dillon and he was great. Basically said the original Horseman were the best because they were organically put together by the fans as he was just managing Tully at the time. And he said the Hall of Fame version was the unquestioned best in the ring because Windham was such a great talent.

I can get with that.

Anyway TV for tonight

RAW

Steelers-Oilers Titans on Monday night football

One NHL Game but Lightning-Rangers is a pretty one to have

Nine Games from the Association as the Sixers will try to break 50 against the Spurs.

ESPN starts it's 24-hour tip-off of college basketball tonight on most of its networks. Not a CBK fan but I like a 7 a.m. basketball game as much as the next gal.

New Gotham, Castle, Blacklist, Dancing With the Stars, etc.

Enjoy and keep it clean!

2,338 comments:

1. First!? Three in a row!

2. Pittsburgh/Tennessee is the best they could do on MNF? Boo!

3. Monday night hasn't had the good games for years now.

4. Time for your twitter feeds to start filling up with selfies with Grumpy Cat!!

5. I'm glad November is the new January

6. I think I might try to gut out tonight's episode. Excited to see what Grumpy Cat brings to the table. Hoping for a Hogan appearance. Hope they can go 3 hours without making AMBROSE look like an idiot.

7. Ever since NBC bought Sunday, MNF has been Smackdown

8. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM

What does that make TNF? Impact?

9. Being a Steeler fan, I'm going to be watching more of the game...

However, I'm intrigued to who will job to Grumpy Cat.

A. Ryder
    B. Slater
    C. Titus
    D. Ryder

10. I hate Thursdays, so what's lower on the hierarchy than TNA, Does ROH still fuck up their PPV feeds every time they try?

11. No SSW review this week. I don't review clip shows.

12. TNF was a terrible, terrible idea. Usually get terrible football.

Hypocrisy by ol Roger Dodger...playing on Thursdays isn't good for safety.

13. It's harder than it's ever been to find a decent VCR.

14. E. All of the above

15. I will sell you one for $10000.

16. Tuesday Night Football was pretty sweet.

17. That's the only sort of deals you can find anymore. Either insanely over priced or buyer beware, it doesn't work.

18. I strive for both.

19. I'll save the small fortune and just keep hoping for a brighter tomorrow.

20. Isn't good for cornerback either.

21. Anyone get pounded with snow?

22. Not really pounded but it's been light and steady for almost 2 days here.

23. We got somewhat lucky here...just south of the snow belt and only got about 6 inches.

24. The whole every team gets on MNF at least once is killing them.

25. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-dvd-player-vcr/8971008.p?id=1218007398112&skuId=8971008

Looks solid to me.

26. I might actually watch RAW tonight. NO FOR REALZ.

27. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM

That's Thursday, not Monday.

28. Right place, right time!!! I hope Grumpy Cat mentions lots of smark complaints, that would be incredible!

29. I hope that he somehow wins the intercontinental championship!

30. Yeah, I know, they switched it when NBC got SNF. For some reason, this game seemed particularly bleh to me.

31. My wife used to work in a pet store many moons ago, and at one point they had this big fat goldfish who was solid gold coloured but with 2 perfectly placed black marks above his eyes that looked like angry eyebrows. The employees called him "Angry" and were sad when he sold.

If I'd been forward thinking enough to meme him, we could have hosted Raw!

The fish is almost certainly dead though.

32. Good Luck.
    Fair Enough.
    Maybe?
    No Chance In Hell?

33. That fish and my interest in tonight's Raw

34. You're the wind beneath my wings.

35. 100 bucks??? I'd rather be DEAD!!!

36. Watching Hardcore Heaven 95 for the first time ever. I don't know who these Dudley brothers are and I don't know why they are from the hills of Pennsylvania.

37. Grumpy Cat is PISSED about Bryan getting buried.

38. What are the BoD betting odds that Grumpy Cat scratches Steph?

39. I could of sworn that was Monday. Well in that case, what the fuck ESPN?

40. Grumpy cat wants CM Punk back.

41. I can't believe WCW didn't try and snag the pitbulls in 1995.

42. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Girlfriend has some L&CO:SVU on the Hulu, so I'm finishing up with SurSer 1995 on my tablet. Here comes the Undertaker!

43. Ryder just had surgery and will be out for months, so it won't be him. Lucky guy.

44. But they did sic them on Sting circa 1999-2000

45. ECW shows like the worst gay bar in the history of the world.

46. Just wait till he tells his fantasy booking about the Invasion!!

47. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Jesus, it's like I'm trying to watch the live feed during a PPV with all these skip backs tonight.

48. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Would they be, like, the ONLY worthwhile ECW talent that didn't get picked off during the early years of the Monday Night Wars?

49. Grumpy Cat wanted Goldberg to go over in Elimination Chamber.

50. Please tell me the ppv is this Sunday. This seems like the longest build ever. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact the booking as been focused on selling the ppv match but it's just been looooooonnnnngggggg

51. Taz v Scorpio should be fun but I wonder if I should find some better wrestling to watch in place of raw. There is just so much shit on the network to pick from but I've ever seen this show, or N2R95 or Cyberslam 96 so I just figured I'd watch them in a row but I have big time mixed feelings on ecw. Still it holds up better than I thought it would pre network but this fucking 1995 mutant crowd is already on my fucking nerves.

52. Isn't there one partner left for each team to be determined?

53. Don't bother, it will suck.

54. Nope. Ryback for Cena and Harper for Authority is assumed.

55. So no Orton anywhere?

56. I think Joey Styles announcing is one of the most overrated things in iwc history but he was great as an in ring interviewer.

57. Odds on pussy jokes?

58. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM

He's off filming a movie.

59. Sigh...he gets a little bit of heat again and he's off TV.

60. Broad street bully and a bunch of other jobbers wrestling a match while the crowd boos them all...hmmm I wonder if someone will be calling an emergency rescue # or something?

61. Joey Styles trashing wcw slamboree while they were running a gangstas vs TPE main event is kind of funny to me.

62. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:55 PM

He needed someone to play off of, I always thought Joey Styles was better when he had a broadcast partner.

63. I see RG III has taken a page out of Peyton's playbook on burying teammates.

64. 911 was a fucking great gimmick.

65. Gertner was obnoxious

66. He's heading to Oakland.

67. I thought the cyrus gimmick was awesome and that guy was great at color and then styles became a good straight man for him and it worked well, but when he was by himself I never really have a shit even though from like 1995-99 he was the patron saint of iwc wrestling announcers. I strongly prefer Ross or even Vince to be honest,

68. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM

And my tablet just flipped out before the wild card match. Guess I'm stuck with SVU.

69. Just listened to the Curt Hawkins shoot. Great stuff.

70. The place where careers are reborn or contracts expire.

71. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM

It's cold and snowy here, so bad.

72. Big Val. Wow I didn't know they ever let that slob work a match. Against Hack Meyers huh...well the 911 was stuff was fun I guess/

73. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 5:59 PM

So, I take it that Grumpy Cat is going to be here to tell her side of the story?

74. Chili?

She does know about the danger of Hoss-sized holes in her wall, right?

75. Eva Marie got implants again.

76. And the YouTube comments for the car show I co-write are pretty much ripping us apart because we did another S2000.

I always feel awful when people hate something I've done. But I try not to let it get to me, under the argument that it's far easier for people to tear something down than create something themselves.

But then that pretty much invalidates every wrestling argument I've ever made. Blech.

77. I don't see why they wouldn't tailor an offense to him instead of hiring a coach who will an offense that isn't suited to him.

78. Ok Grumpy Cat, show me what you got... cuz I got "Live And Let Die" cued up in the bluray player and I will bail on your ass.

79. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM

It's only because ECW was the be-all-end-all for the IWC at the time. I always liked Joey, but there were a lot better announcers out there.

80. *Another* S2000?! That well has run dry my friend.

81. UFC announced their full 2015 schedule today. Only 45 shows.

82. It's called a college offense. You gotta grow up sometime.

83. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM

You could always pull a PewDiePie and disable comments if you don't want to be a man about them.

84. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM

This show has exactly 5 minutes to hook my attention and keep me watching.

85. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140501181347/creepypasta/images/f/f6/Grumpy_Cat.jpg

86. Eh, they occasionally irk me, but it's not like I'm going to cry into my pillow about them.

87. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Thanks for making 27 degrees nots sound so bad.

88. Bitch still looks like VKM i drag to me.

89. Boy, Luke Harper looks like a sore thumb.

90. Does WWE have the guts to follow through with the stipulation and get rid of these damn Authority figures and try something fresh?

91. They *really* shouldn't have Rusev line up with guys that tower over him like that.

92. They gave up a bunch of draft picks to specifically get RG3 though. Plus he had a ton of success in the NFL running that offense. They went all in to get him so why not run the O he likes to play?

93. Well. I can say this with all sincerity.

Fuck you.

:-)

94. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM

They need to appeal to the redneck demo.

95. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM

See, you're already better than Pie.

96. They're going to win, though. So, they won't duck any stips.

97. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Remember when wrestlers got to be badasses on their own, without having to kowtow to the boss?

98. That wave that Steph is doing isn't the good kind of heel heat. It's the oh this again time to change the channel sort of heat. We're well past needing the evil authority trope and this presentation of that is the saddest yet. Horrible stuff.

99. Wearing headphones while watching on my laptop....fucking announcers are WAAAAAY too far in my head.

100. Authority Figures have become an institution in WWE now. They are too entrenched in the idea. I doubt it's going away.

101. BOW DOWN TO THE KING!

102. Grumpy Cat don't do no jobs in front of 10,000 people

103. It has been officially proclaimed as Steph Heat.

104. *eyes bluray remote* I hear what you're saying...

105. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM

The authority trope is worn out like a $2 hoooker, but Steph is pretty good at the little nuances of gaining heel heat. She's lightyears ahead of the screeching banshee she used to be.

106. I'm already bored.

107. No, 45 shows in January.

108. I dunno. I like it. Prefer this Steph than 2000-ERA Steph

109. Who would you bet on to win a foot race, Big Val from ECW or Paul Meekin from the BoD?

110. Unlike 14 years ago, we can't get Mick or Rock to interrupt him, though

111. They have been working on subtley burying him since The Rock pinked him for no apparent reason.

112. Hey Trips....

113. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Come on Hunter, shoot on some people!

114. Masked Man to write 5,000 approving words on how Hunter acknowledging this is the same storyline as 15 years ago is actually brilliant.

115. Are Rusev, Henry, and Harper in The Authority now?

116. Meekin will never win at anything in life.

117. This one might work out, the pop he gets should be huge when he returns.

118. I would love to imagine that SS would be a reboot of WWE TV, that a evil figure head would be no more, and that Raw would be fresh again. But I know better than that.

119. I see Hunter is just as petty as his father-in-law

120. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM

And hey, how ironic, you're WCW now.

121. Next Sunday I think.

122. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM

The WWE Model of Business.

1. Call your fans sheep.

2. Profit!

123. Yeah, you ARE WCW now, Hunter, good one.

124. Take THAT, all you current WCW fans out there.

125. HHH completely misses the irony in mentioning WCW.

126. WWE nearing black hole implosion from the irony of that statement...

127. I think it's be nice if Harper was wearing a suit...or at least a necktie with a wife beater

128. You know, honestly, this isn't that impressive of a team even in Kayfabe.

129. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:07 PM

OH WHAT THE FUCK EVER, malcontent my ass.

130. ARRRRGH THE BARBARIANNovember 17, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Nothing like the hero getting booed.

131. Cena's a malcontent, LOL

132. CruelConnectionNumber2November 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM

WCW was never as bad as WWE is now. Same fucking Authority promo for 17 years!!!!!!!

133. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Shill alert! Shill alert! Pandering dickbag alert!

134. I would say Kane and Mark Henry are the weak links but having Rollins, Harper, and Rusev are nice pick ups

135. "We can't lose!... By the way the network is free for Novber!"

Hunter with all sorts of unintentional comedy in that promo.

136. CruelConnectionNumber2November 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM

If Team Cena wins, the WWE will have inmates running the asylum and WWE will turn into WCW which WWE once bought cheap on an auction block.

137. The beginning of BOOBGAP has reappeared.

138. As far as bad finishes goes, how to feel about a fat guy missing an elbow drop and then the dude he tried to drop it on pins him?

139. I like how HHH specifically mentioned "John Cena and Dolph Ziggler". I'm naive, but I really think Ziggler is out of the dog house. I have hope.

140. http://cdn.grumpycats.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/100percent-unimpressed.jpg

141. Rusev really looks small standing next to Henry, Kane, and Harper.

142. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Was that a rip on Punk?

143. Biggest Main Event Contract Singing EVAR

144. Even Stephanie is taller than him.

145. Survivor Series is seriously lacking in star power.

146. Oh god! A contract signing. I just can't. I really can't.

147. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Cena has been a malcontent for years! Do you think he enjoys being the top guy?? I have it on good authority that he hates itBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

148. They're bigger? Yes!

149. I can tell the WWE is red hot right now because there are so many people in this thread watching Raw!

150. OMG steph...you are just so, so bad.

151. CruelConnectionNumber2November 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Seth Rollins looks like 1980's jobber he needs a new look.

152. Alright! My first show in a couple of months and I get Grumpy Cat AND a main event contract signing?

What luck!

153. Red dress...

154. This is horrendous.

155. Has Jamie Noble really been that small this whole time? Holy shit

156. It's a very nippy 59 degrees.

It needs to be warmer.

157. Most twisted and sadistic monster WWE has ever seen, and he's modeling the $79.99 collection from JCPenneys.

158. Speaking as a fat guy, it's fine. I need a few seconds before I get up.

159. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Fuck, we're getting Sadistic Kane at Survivor Series? I wanted Malibu Kane...

160. The word of the day is...Decimate

161. After tonight, no more cable or TV for 8 days. Guess I will not be seeing this on DVR

162. Not in kayfabe though. I mean Rusev and Rollins are but Harper has never done anything on his own and as a tag team he couldn't beat the Uso's. So 2 out 5 are proven winners.

163. ... and Rollins and Stephanie and...

164. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 17, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Brock Lesnar should defend the title against an Uso on the show or something.

165. Someone tell Harper not to sound like that.

166. I don't have anything against Kane personally, but how many main event matches--Raw and PPV--does he have to be in this year?

167. Well I'm only asking you lift a shoulder before the count of 3!

168. Biff Kensington IIINovember 17, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Luke Harper could be awesome in a Bruiser Brody-style face role.

169. Ew, so crazy.

170. Harper.... ey Harper...

Don't sound like that.

171. ARRRRGH THE BARBARIANNovember 17, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Well, if they shoehorn Orton into this, he'll get massively over on the virtue of being "not Cena"

172. Damn, I was hoping Steph and Triple H was like

"The person who delivered Ziggler to our door step...THIS MAN!"

173. CruelConnectionNumber2November 17, 2014 at 6:11 PM

most complete wrestler in the ring

174. Yeah but how are you gonna see Survivor Series???????????????

175. Where are they tonight? Is it possible Grumpy Cat gets booed?

176. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 17, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Just trying to recreate Bunkhouse Stampede '88 with Flair vs Hawk.

I just watched it on the Network for only $9.99.

177. Harper has a good attitude by being a team player so it works in their favor

178. Stephanie looks bored of her own promo.

179. He's shrunk since his wrestling days.

180. I would say that it's possible no matter where they are.

181. Don't worry folks, the road to BoD Survivor Series will be paved tonight!

182. That's a great way of describing him. He's very well-rounded.

183. Ryback got the mini version of Hogan's weightbelt

184. He's a team player.

185. Whatever happened to the Goldberg chants?

186. He's got a new hat!