BoD Daily Update

Roman Reigns Update

Reigns is advertised as "Returning" on the live 12/16 edition of WWE Smackdown,which will be broadcasted on the USA Network as part of "WWE Week."

Credit PWInsider.com

Kurt Angle Update

Vince Russo confirmed that Kurt Angle has sent him a direct message via Twitter that he will be returning to TNA. Angle was recently interviewed by Russo on his podcast.

WWE.com Interview with Steve Austin

Also, don't forget to vote in Place to be Nation's "Greatest Song of the 90's" tournament. Click on the links below to vote for the group GG and HH brackets

Comments

1. How I wish Smackdown would just get cancelled.

2. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Kurt Angle returning to TNA? Shocking news!

3. You don't "return" to TNA. You "end up" in TNA.

4. It's sad Angle is so screwed up. I'd love him in a GM role (if the WWE insists on having one).

5. I have watched maybe 4 episodes in its 15 year history. One of the reasons why I loved the brand split was that I could only watch Raw, and be 100% caught up in those storylines, while totally ignoring the Smackdown ones. (unlike pre-and post split, where I kept missing parts of the advancements)

6. End up being employed and paid very well?

Sign me up.

7. Very happy that he is staying with TNA. So much for those "budget cuts" TNA is suppose to be having. Or at least that is what the WWE fanbots keep telling me...

8. Maybe in a pre-Destination Whatever channel world...

9. Nope. Kurt is still being paid well.

10. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM

You can pretty much skip Smackdown now and not really miss anything. Any major developments get reruns on Raw (or even rematches, as the case may be).

They have a lot of work to do if they want to make Smackdown MUST SEE on Thursday nights next year.

11. And I loved it because I could just watch smackdown and avoid most HHH circle jerking!

12. Well, I presume the cost cutting can start to end now they have a new deal. But they've certainly been cutting costs for the last year or so.

13. Until 2007!!!!

14. Pretty much. It's amazing how many RAW/Smackdown rematches there are. I don't think the creative team can write two "interesting" shows a week with storyline development.

15. And are rumored to be pursuing Alberto Del Rio. They are willing to even drop the silly "can't compete on another show and have it taped for a DVD" nonsense just to get ADR.

16. TNA guys make so much money they can only qualify for Flordias tier 2 food stamp program!

17. Which is just incredibly dumb. TNA just becomes a parody when they welcome in every WWE castoff.

18. You're not being excited enough about TNA's exciting, fresh new direction, Scisco.

19. God I hope Del Rio doesn't end up rotting away in that shit hole. Especially now that even less people will see it on TV. Hopefully he goes elsewhere. That would be sad to see him there.

20. I actually am excited that only half as many people can watch impact. Net win for society I suppose.

21. A cast-off?

ADR is talented and can go. He's one of the best wrestlers out there. He failed in the WWE because ADR does not have that same magic as a Latino wrestler that Eddie Guerrero had. That's asking too much from ADR.

As a heel, ADR was awesome.

ADR is no cast-off. The guy is talented.

22. I think we're gonna end a live thread for next weeks Sons finale vj. That shit last night was too crazy!

23. Then don't watch him.

Pretty simple.

Not rocket science.

24. Yet you have time to talk about TNA...

25. I don't think TNA is in the position to tell fans to not watch their product.

26. Humor...get one.

27. I want to because I'm a huge adr fan. But yes if he's in TNA I won't watch it. That is for sure. Laugh at it yes, watch, no.

28. I really hope Kurt isn't messaging Russo the news because he's somehow involved with the company again.

29. You know who else gets paid very well? The guys putting out road markings on my street at 4am

30. He's no fan. He's a WWE fan, I assume.

31. I guess your social life is not much to speak off...

32. and no girlfriend.

33. I still stand by my opinion that it's an impossible task. Hell, Russo, during his best run ever ended up getting burned out to the point of quitting, and that was BEFORE Smackdown even started. It just can't be done long term, not with 5 hours a week + 0 off season.

So I take what I can get.

34. Of course Russo is. He's probably running the show for Dixie now that they got away from that awful spike network deal.

35. TNA Fandom = guaranteed chicks.

36. Yeah, I'd agree with that. At least Russo kept it interesting, but it really burned through storylines fast. I'd prefer the old RAW + Sunday Night Heat model. Three hours of TV and the best part of Heat is that you could broadcast an hour before the PPV and get last second buys.

37. Russo gets paid under the table. (aka, whenever some of Caliber's tons of $100 stacks falls off from said table, Russo gets to keep it.)

38. I did but I found out she watched TNA and left her because I can't feel good about having sex with handicapped people.

39. Huh, so Big Time Next Big Thing Roman Reigns returns on a taped show so's they can sweeten the reaction. Nice.

40. I met my chick at the Impact Zone back in 2011.

41. And now I find Scott's TV Tropes Page.

FUCK THAT SITE! :)

42. You know, with a leaner amount of TV, the product would very likely improve, if only because they could spread out stories more and not have to come up with five hours of "storytelling" (because, really, Main Event and Superstars don't particularly matter).

I mean, Smackdown is pretty much superfluous as it is, since the same guys appear on both shows. It's not even like they're holding the A guys off of Smackdown and featuring more of the underneath guys.

You know, in my weaker moments, I miss the brand split. Not that weak-ass Supershow brand split in the latter years, but the hard brand split with brand specific PPVs. It was the only way a Billy Kidman/Paul London grudge match was ever going to get PPV time.

43. You can tell because I'm posting in the same thread as you!

44. Everybody knows Caliber stacks paper to the ceiling and rides on 24-inch chrome.

45. Yep, made a good "free for all", and NXT type show. (I remember the Hardys getting a monster upset over LOD in 1998, about 1 year before they really took off).

46. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM

BAHAHAHA oh Jesus so she's a toothless hillbilly?

47. I loved the brand split from the first moment it started, ridiculed those against it, and missed it the moment they stopped taking it seriously. It was a great idea, period.

48. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Has Reigns had a really good solo match yet? Every one I've seen so far has yet to scratch ***'s. MAYBE the one with Orton at Summerslam but just barely (and that admittedly wasn't really his fault).

49. No, although meltzer has given him some high ratings but I disagree.

50. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM

This Kurt Angle thing is just SAD. Pretending there's a bidding war for his "services", aping "The Decision" and just trying to stay relevant when the wrestling world has completely passed him by years ago. I guess the delusion helps feed his ego and maybe even keeps him from real destruction, but it's hard to watch.

51. His match last year when The Shield was having that contest to see who could beat CM Punk was pretty great, and had terrific heat.

52. Did you bond because you were the only two people there?

53. I hated it solely because there were two world champions. That just never sat well with me. Let the world champion cross between shows (ditto tag champs) and I'd be fine with it.

54. Did Goldberg and Batista get 4 star matches before winning their first titles? Star ratingz don't mean anything. Sure they can help, but it's not the "end all" of things.

55. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM

But it was carried by Punk, i'm presuming.

56. Guys who needed the slow burn got it, feuds were allowed to grow organically, guys got time who otherwise wouldn't have gotten it, and it had a ton of really good matches to boot.

To this date I firmly believe guys like Eddie wouldn't have gotten a world title run without it.

57. in fairness, you're most likely 12 years old so that's illegal anyways.

58. One of the rare times that Piper was useful in the past 10 years. He set it up well.

59. The operative statement being "the moment they stopped taking it seriously." I was sad once they had the brands start crossing over every week. I actually thought it was a great idea to have a traveling world champion between brands, and thought they could have done that with the tag titles and IC title too. If there are no other territories with traveling champions and acts, fuck it, make your own!

60. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Easy there Turbo, I was just wondering, not building an argument with it.

61. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I'd just like to see him win a few singles feuds and look dominant before the rocket is strapped on , is all.

62. They should try to make Angle a commentator. I think he could be an interesting color guy.

63. Its fine to me that he's still wrestling if he wants to, and hey I guess TNA will look the other way about more shit, but his whole announcement thing was really pathetic and in his case its sad he can't go back to the wwe.

64. You must have me confused with you and your right hand.

65. Hey, Taker was just wondering, and then you tried to impale him with a sword. GOTTA ACT FIRST!

66. MikeyMike, WitnessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Yep, he and Orton were **** at Summerslam. Great match.

67. Goldberg was a little bit more over than reigns.

68. I agree with this. Or at least I did. But now I miss that second world title. it at least gave people something to do. I'd prefer Dolph and others fighting over that rather than the IC title.

69. Hey, have some respect for your momma...

70. I think that's way too high. The match had some good spots as Orton got himself more over at Reigns expense, but there were chinlocks galore in the first 10 minutes.

71. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM

And built up far longer and far better.

72. Cringeworthy comeback

73. Well, any question about good Roman Reigns matches at this point in his career are going to involve him being carried. It took similar guys like Cena and Batista a while to grow into good main event workers.

74. Hey buddy, you can't just come in here and attack everyone's sex lives. What ya playing at? You don't know us!

75. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I agree. I can see ***, but not personally...and Orton sandbagging him the whole time was pretty insulting.

76. Be proud of your job.

77. I wish Smackdown would be treated like the old Jimmy Hart Saturday Night, as its own show with little to no relation to Raw.

78. What I don't get about that match is, it was speficically scripted/booked to make Orton look good. those 2 awesome counters were part of the match, so... It's really on WWE if Reigns looked bad. Not Orton's fault.

79. It's probably the most anti-climactic "Decision" in history.

80. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Yiiiiiiiikes

81. MikeyMike, WitnessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Meltzer agrees with me! Terrific match and Orton showed why he was the best in the business.

82. The only thing I didn't like was they didn't make the split strict enough and I hated two world titles. But the brand split kept me watching for years longer than I otherwise would have.

83. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Go heat up some pizza rolls and CALM DOWN!

84. Come to think of it, I can't think of many bruiser/big man acts who've had great matches before winning their world titles.

Case in point, The Undertaker was a TWO-TIME world champion over a five year period before he even had a match I'd remotely consider good.

85. But that just cheapened the world title by saying guys were "world champion" when they weren't really booked as a top tier champion. In an ideal world, they'd elevate the IC title to that level so you wouldn't need that other belt.

86. What decision (I already have forgotten about it)

87. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Holy crap you're a cornball

88. What the hell are you talking about?

There was a bidding service for him. WWE wanted him.

Get a clue.

89. Yeah, I mean that was my hope when they combined the world titles, that they would then elevate the IC. But they didn't. It stayed a jobber title. Shame.

90. In an ideal world, HHH wouldn't be a prissy bitch about the IC title.

91. Agreed. No single roster should have 11 active guys on it who can claim to be world champions, in my opinion.

92. This from a guy using the term "cornball."

93. Pizza pockets > Pillsbury pizza pops.

But if the latter is on super-sale, I'll go with it.

94. Agreed. Goldy and Batista also had a handful of feuds to build themselves up with. There hasn't been much of anything with Reigns past the Shield breakup.

95. Yes they did.

96. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM

In an ideal world (wrestling federation), we would have two hours of Raw, along with the Network shows (which give lower level guys a chance to shine before moving to the main show storylines), with NXT being completely separate from Main Event or Superstars. I'd also bring back a Prime Time Wrestling-like recap show, which features some house show matches during the week.

But I know that's just a dream.

97. HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

98. It's a bit easier in the modern era just because it's easier to become world champion. Of course the best big guy out there now IMO is Luke Harper and he isn't winning a world title.

99. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Nope, WWE turned down his crippled ass

100. They should just make it the new Tuesday Night Titans. And still have it hosted by Vince McMahon.

101. I often wonder why WCW didn't give Jimmy Hart the book before they collapsed. Bam Bam Bigelow thought he could've saved the company.

102. Yep, Edge and Orton wouldn't have double digit world title reigns each.

103. MikeyMike, WitnessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Any hopes of Angle coming back are pretty much dead. Sad he's spent a majority of his career in the minors.

104. True. The booking of that match to me just didn't make any sense. They actually made me want to see Orton win by the end.

105. It doesn't take a psychologist to realise that someone on a wrestling forum randomly attacking people's social lives/lack of sex-gettin' probably has some issues themselves in that department

106. He begged the wwe to take him back and they declined. It sucks they didn't because now he's stuck in that awful promotion that no one can even see on TV, but its what happened.

107. I quit watching Nitro late in the game but made sure to catch Saturday Night. Jimmy took castoffs and Power Plant guys and put together a wrestling show. It was all I wanted.

108. In fairness, your GREAT IDEA likely would make Vince Russo look like pro wrestling's savior. So scurry off, little bitch. Your "pro wrestler friend" (Chad Bryant?) is likely banging any female willing to associate with you, and making them regret the idea.

109. I guess you don;t read wrestling news sites to inform yourself...

110. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM

WWE wanted him so much that HHH flat out said that they weren't interested? Okay then.

111. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Really? That match really didn't do much for me, but maybe I need to watch it again...

112. Its tough to comeback from a sweet burn like you gave me!

113. How was his Raw Match with Rollins before he got injured? That sounded decent enough.

114. Holy shit, you're right. Seven years in WWE, eight years in TNA.

It's weird. I still think of him as a WWE guy.

115. Shame Angle's stuck in TNA. He'd be an interesting addition to Lucha Underground.

116. No, they offered him a full time contract and he wanted a part time deal.
    Research...do it sometime.

117. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Kurt Angle's crippled ass back doing meaningless matches plus Vince Russo writing the show. get excited about the brand new and improved TNA everyone!

Can't wait for Dixie's show opening promo about how they're about to take that next step!

118. I swore off all WCW by that point, but I need to go back and watch it. Saturday Night used to be my favorite WCW show even during the Monday Night Wars.

119. I would've liked if they had promoted RAW/SD like the old NWA territories of the 80s, where the world champ(s) would stop by, making their defenses mean something, but that wasn't going to happen.

Def. can't happen now, since everyone is complaining about Brock not being there. It would've been nice if they said he was wrestling bears in Siberia or some stuff like that.

120. Yeah, cause Triple H is having a great week with ex talent...*ROLLS EYES*

121. Gonna have to hit the Poke-Mart and get a Burn-Heal for that burn!

122. I put it down to old age and how 2006 seems like a few years ago.

123. Using them big words...

124. You know, you can link people to these stories and you would win the argument right there.

125. Vince's refusal to sign Kurt for a non-wrestling role is sort of dumb. I get that he doesn't want a gold medalist dying under his watch, but if Angle croaks, the media are STILL going to say he's a WWE superstar because in the popular mind wrestling = WWE.

126. Uh yeah I have a an observer subscription bro. I read all about it.

127. Please tell me Russo isn't back with the company.

128. Depends on if they're union and in what city you work in. They're most likely above minimum, but I've seen plenty of guys who only get ten bucks an hour for that job.

129. *whispers* there isn't one, he's just trolling, but its okay because I'm bored at work

130. You can do that for me if you want.

131. His WWE stuff is much more memorable and hit a wider audience. Everyone remembers his feuds with Cena, Benoit, HBK, Brock, etc.

Almost no one really remembers his matches with BPP, AJ, Sting, etc.

132. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Oh you KNOW he will be. Dixie's in love with the little fuck.

133. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Kurt Angle can't work fulltime. WWE didn't want the guy, they just tried to be nice about it.

134. He'd make a great manager or authority figure.

135. Or I am making you look like a fool with your opinion serving as fact mumbo jumbo.

136. Big words? Oh dear...

137. Clearly you understand the Internet better than I do so I would trust it in your hands more than mine.

138. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

If he'd ever take a good amount of time off to heal up and agree to come back to a sporadic schedule I think they would use Angle. But you know him, he won't do it...he wants to come back and wrestle every night and prove what a MACHINE he is, and they're right to think he'll explode into dust in their ring if he does. Not worth the liability. But he'll get in the HoF at least, for sure.

139. He's slightly more interesting than that pik guy. "I met my chick at the impact zone" is a decent bit of characterisation.

140. Kurt was never in ROH.

141. Describe your girlfriend, weirdo.

142. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Yeah, that's been my point for awhile. Any mishap with Kurt is going to bounce back to WWE anyhow, might as well try and salvage something from the guy before the inevitable happens. Cold, but that's the way of the world.

143. Yeah, but as long as Kurt isn't under contract, he can still send Cena out there to Anderson Cooper or wherever and say, "Hey, we get that for most people, WWE = wrestling, but he ain't been our nigga for like eight years."

144. Big words like "sex-gettin". Calm it down a bit, Breezy!

145. That's okay the one this week is probably going to be alive in ten years.

146. If John Cena actually said that I'd cheer only because the sponsor backlash would get him off TV.

147. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM

And it won't make a bit of difference. I doubt even ONE clip from TNA would even been in the report unless he actually dies in the ring.

148. That was fantastic. I'm still laughing at your line about that too.

149. Whew...you are sure teaching me a lesson in lameness...

150. Well the brilliance of Smackdown for a while was that they had two seperate writing teams, each with their own booker and for a sweet sweet minute, Heyman on the Smackdown side.

151. Opening segment will be Kurt Angle shockingly QUITTING TNA OMG in a shocking Russo swerve.

152. Something you are probably not even getting

153. He wasn't too bad as the Wheelchair GM in 2004, and US champ Cena was trolling him.

154. Oh, I think you're 100% right. I'm just thinking WWE's rationale behind not hiring him. Vince knows from his fight against the feds that plausible deniability is everything.

155. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I give you credit for still posting here even though you've already been proven to be the most pathetic person in real life in the history of this board. But seriously, how many people around you laughed their asses off when that indie wrestler blew off your storyline idea and then banged your girlfriend again?

156. So......is anyone/will anyone be excited for the return of Reigns?

Since it's a given that he's winning the world title at WM (well, as much as a given is in wrestling, anyway), what's the best way to build him up for that epic reaction in such a short amount of time?

157. Still love the Maple Leafs tribute to Pat Quinn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbvK5ad-NM0

158. Its a sad look at TNA when the only fans left are just pretending to be ones to troll wrestling forums for their amusement.

159. I don't think it's a "given" yet. Batista winning was at "given" for WM 30 at this point last year.

And I'm willing to give him a chance, not sure if he's ready (gasp, I might agree with some of you!)

160. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Have him beat the tag champions all by himself! Worked for HHH!

161. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Could you tell us word for word how it went down when you bumrushed an indie wrestler (who was banging your girlfriend) and pitched him storyline ideas? Storyline ideas that you wanted to copyright beforehand because you thought they'd make millions! Wow that's so sad.

Could you please tell us all about that so everyone could get a nice laugh?

162. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I'm definitely pegging him as winning the Rumble this year. Sadly.

163. If he even has one

164. My favourite Leafs coach.

165. Have him start murdering dudes in the face, in a series of one-sided squashes. Really push that he's a changed man now, and this back-and-forth match bullshit is over. And if you need him to learn how to work longer matches, have him do it on the house shows. But have him be an absolute world-eater on TV.

Have him break his own Rumble elimination record. Have him put his Mania title shot on the line in the Chamber and have him demolish everybody. Then give him and Brock training vignettes leading into Mania. Give this shit the BIG FIGHT atmosphere.

166. I don't think they can do anything unless Reigns has been training with Steamboat and HBK this whole time. Wwe is about to lay a major bomb.

167. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM

WOW cryptic.

168. I doubt Cena would be dropping that sentence.

169. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM

That's definitely how you do it...but will they? I severely doubt it.

170. Damn, all the cool internet lingo is being used up in here.

171. I'm interested in a sense that we're finally going to get a feel for what the big Reigns push to Mania is actually going to be like, rather than just speculating about it. Things are gonna get moving at least.

172. Ditto. I was pissed when they fired him in 2006. It's a shame he never won a Cup, but he had a ton of success in international competitions.

173. I honestly wish I could watch Impact on DA. But I don't get that channel with my package.

Now it'll be a somewhat forgotten memory, like the amount of photoshop used on Kim K.

174. Yeah that's true, although (I'm assuming) they're on the higher end of the pay scale working those hours in London

175. Worst_in_the_WorldDecember 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

You do realize that TNA is doing horribly and just lost more than half their TV audience, yes? That didn't happen because they're doing well, it happened because wrestling fans have rejected them.

176. Well, the Rock beat the tag champ Dudleys in a 2-1 handicap tables match, the Dudleys' specialty. So that was pretty bad too.

177. This from a guy with 20,001 comments...LOL.

178. I'm not 100% convinced they won't cut bait on Reigns either. But then I think about it, and I'm not sure who else they'd go with. I really can't see them going with Ambrose, and unless he picks up an insane, feverish amount of steam, I can't see them going with Ziggler either (although seeing him bump like a superball for Brock and basically having them recreate Sting/Vader is something that needs to happen). Maybe they could go with Orton, but I don't think even they hate us that much. Bryan probably won't be back in time, and no way they run Cena/Brock V there. So Reigns it is, I guess.

179. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Yeah, they're gonna have to put this thing in hyperdrive.

I still think Rollins cashing in at the Rumble and then dropping it to Reigns at Mania is the way to go. Then Cena can beat Lesnar clean and send him packing, and then put Reigns over at Summerslam.

180. Worst case scenario we get an inevitable heel turn and extended heel Diesel run. Best case he learns fast when thrown in the fire. Either way I'm fine with it.

181. If that happens, can't wait for the complaints that he's being "shoved down our throats".

182. You're an aspie. Didn't even read what you wrote.

183. Oh, there's no way on Earth they do it that way. The irony is that Cena and Reigns need to switch roles. Reigns shows too much vulnerability while Cena shows hardly any, yet it's Cena who needs to be seen as vulnerable while Reigns is the guy who needs to be protected.

184. Yeah, you know what I meant. Card subject to change blah blah blah.

And I don't think he's ready yet, and TBH, I don't think the fans are ready to accept him yet, either. With Batista and Goldberg, the fans were ready. Now? not sure.

185. You do realize WWE lost 50 million dollars, made less money on their new TV deal and is bombing on the WWE Network subscription?

186. Congratulations on your 20,000th comment Jobber! And it was bashing TNA, just as it should be.

187. The Love-Matic Grampa!December 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

See? Clearly a recipe for success! Reigns would be breaking records in no time!

Didn't Austin do this, too? I'm almost positive that he did.

188. Theberzerker! HUSS!December 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Not to mention if & when Bryan comes back, the second he does come back, all of this goes right down the shitter.