BoD Saturday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

The NBA has 8 games on the schedule. At 8pm EST the Golden State Warriors visit the Houston Rockets on NBA TV

The NHL has 12 games tonight. At 7pm EST on the NHL Network the Toronto Maple Leafs visit the St. Louis Blues while the Anaheim Ducks visit the Los Angeles Kings at 10pm EST

Lots of College Basketball tonight, highlighted by #9 Kansas vs. #11 Iowa St. at 9pm EST on ESPN

Boxing returns to Showtime tonight at 10pm EST as WBC Heavyweight World Champion Bermane Stiverne defends against the undefeated Deontay Wilder

The World Series of Fighting starts at 9m EST on NBC Sports.

And the Kimberly Page shoot interview won the poll with 30% of the vote. That recap will be posted Thursday at noon.

Comments

1. Job is taking me to el torito tonight LOL

2. Birdman is a good movie. I think Keaton has best actor locked up.

3. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Pretty dull Saturday programming.

4. Deontae Wilder is a fucking punk and I hope he gets wrecked.

5. Just watched the trailer for the WWE/Flintstones movie. It looks like it was created using Flash Animation. It's worse than the original Hanna Barbera animation which was a running joke at the time due to how little animation was actually used in their tv shows.

Atrocious espescially compared to the Scooby Doo/WWE movie from last year.

6. Welcome to the World Series of Sandcastle Building!

7. Run DMC at 5 has to be one their better musical acts they've had.

8. what about el matadors

9. Sean Waltman has been added to Raw for this week. Hopefully this is a sign that he'll be inducted in the HOF this year.

10. Big Show with the greatest belt-shot sell ever

11. That'll put butts in the seats

12. Remember when everyone would watch a world heavyweight boxing match like tyson or holyfield or ali? I have never even heard of either of these guys.

13. I like El Torito. Actually, I think I want some Mexican food now.

14. Remember boxing?

FTFY

15. Dukes of Hazzard marathon!

16. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Is it just me or did Sean Waltman have NEGATIVE charisma ?

17. Sold that better than he did falling off a damn building

18. Mitch, The GodfatherJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Investments.

19. Live low level boxing isn't as entertaining as I thought.

20. He was quite decent it was only in mid 2000 when he got what we now call X-Pac heat due to still dressing like he was in DX,being pushed as a uppermidcarder and never jobbing cleanly despite the roster being full of guys like Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, etc. His X-factor stable didn't help matters.

21. they should just induct dx (original version), waltman, nash, and chyna all in the same year

22. Hoss should *probably* be banned.

23. Jesus this crowd sucks.

24. I don't think jesus cares

25. I don't think Jesus is used as a noun in this case.

26. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:32 PM

" My Cousin Al was on drugs too"

27. Bravo vs Garvin. Awesome.

28. Whenever I get James Brown's Living In America stuck in my head, I simultaneously want to dance in the streets and curbstomp thugs at the same time. Great song.

29. Just saw a guy with a hook for a hand!
    Casino Night Everybody!!!!!!!!

30. Did you confuse him with Christian Bale at all?

31. Don't act like you don't know.

32. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:35 PM

To my dying day i'll believe that the night after Summerslam 2000 both X-Pac AND Road Dogg should've gotten new attire and music.

33. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I don't

34. OMG SO CUTE

35. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I built up a stacked playlist on my phone, with almost 100 songs choose from, all of which I love.

36. Garvin in WWE: the ultimate round peg in a square hole.

37. Stop playing around.

38. One HUNDRED songs!? How the hell did you fit that many on there!?

39. Road Dogg at least tried. Remember GETTIN' ROWDY!?

40. Bulls vs Hawks!!!!! Let's do it!!!

41. I've never seen a good Garvin match.

42. No wonder it was so dead in the daily thread.....

43. He must be from the future or Japan or something!

44. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Spotify.

45. What did Road Dogg do between Summerslam 2000 and the K-Kwik team in November? I can't remember him being around at all.

46. Sounds like you're going to make a cops-on-blacks violence to that song.

47. Flair/Garvin cage matches?

48. His match with Valentine at Rumble90 was decent but only because they wrestled a NWA style match

49. Garvin vs Valentine. They were all great.

50. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Just wrestling random mid card matches and wearing his DX tights.

51. I am upvoting because I love your username.

52. I think the Bill Cosby rape allegations are bullshit, and here's why:

53. You watching TNA?

54. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Drink beer.

55. Shut your cunt mouth bitch.

56. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Don't expect this threat to pick things up. Only the assholes have made it in so far.

57. Stranger in the AlpsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Next Primetime was put up earlier today.

58. Nobody ever says it, but Lee Harvey Oswald is leading man-looking.

59. Nice! Thanks man. Downloading the last couple shows now.

60. I think one of the casino bouncers is boxing. Lots of crowd support, getting his head beat in.

61. Cutty is a popular man. Clay Davis is a great man.

62. Stranger in the AlpsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Sometimes I sit in here and wonder if Mr. Satan and Zanatude are one and the same.

63. I'm not like Mr. Satan at all.

64. Which season are you at again?

65. Stranger in the AlpsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:53 PM

I said "sometimes". Other times I don't care.

66. Hey um, can I borrow your username and password for a bit? I won't do nothing bad.

67. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Looking forward binge watching tv all evening and drinking Miller Lites. Basic repeat of last night.

68. Stranger in the AlpsJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:55 PM

There's only one Satan I trust.....and you're not him.

69. Gorilla and Jesse are top notch during that match. Their commentary saves the show. It's their definitive performance as a duo.

70. There's a bottle cap on the nearest table.

71. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Thanks.

72. This is just like all out tomato can war. Can on Can violence! Vinson would disapprove.

73. I'm about 1/3 of the way through season 2 of Arrow. Do Thea and Laurel get any less bitchy?

74. What are you watching?

75. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Laurel is absolutely horrible in Season 2.

76. It's always easy to forget that the original Cell was no higher than a regular steel cage when attached to the apron. Hell, Shawn's bump in the first match was no worse than Foley suplexing him off the top turnbuckle through the table at Mind Games. On the other hand...Foley got chucked from sixteen feet in '98.

77. Did she get facial surgery done?

78. It looks like it.

79. I watched that match not too long ago and completely forgot Shawn was European champion.

80. Laurel gets a little better once she hits rock bottom in the middle of the season and Oliver finally gives her an epic smackdown promo, but there's a reason Felicity gets elevated over both of them starting in S2 (because they suck)

81. NOT EVEN EUROPEAN

82. I'm surprised Shawn and Taker didn't hit their head during the first match. That cage looked like they didn't plan out the height beforehand.

83. I still enjoyed the original Cell MUCH more than the current plastic looking gigantic one.

84. Como estas bitches!

85. That's my favorite part about going to smaller boxing or MMA shows. The undercard is almost never laid out right so they'll try to put on locals in the undercard just to get people to show up before the main event. You'll get guys with the Glass Joe record showing up and getting their brains beaten in. Fun times.

Surprised there's ham-n-eggers on tonight though, this is supposedly kind of a big deal card.

86. Shawn had to be careful with his top rope elbow.

87. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Why is this place so dead.

88. No idea. It's been like this the past couple of weeks.

89. It seems more dead than it is because it was so active over christmas. It is a bit quiet though.

90. What's not to like bout two guys stiffing the fuck out of each other?

91. Just tossing up a link to the Wrestlemania XV Rage Party. Discuss amongst yourselves.

92. Shocked the Cavs beat the Clippers last night. Also, LOL at Doc Rivers saying that them trading for his son wasn't a personal move.

93. I enjoy drinking a beer in the shower

94. People are clamoring for Waltmans induction? Seriously?

95. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Power Shower!

96. Chris Paul needed someone to make sure his Gatorade was served cold. Sounds like a crucial role for the team.

97. I went to mania that year but skipped the party. I was 21 and couldn't drive.

98. It's my fault. I'll try to pick up the slack.

99. Shot an o-fer and got turned inside out by Kyrie Irving. Doc the GM got his money's worth on that one

100. Decision time:

Bud light 16 oz aluminum or something out of my Sam Adams holiday variety

101. It was pretty amazing that after months of being on the shelf due to a neck injury that the WWE threw Bryan into TWO matches on Smackdown. You'd think they would try and protect him a tiny bit more and not make him work multiple matches a night like before

102. The 0 for 4 with a turnover and zero defense played gave me a chuckle.

Although to be fair, it beat what Jordan Farmar was giving the Clips this year. He'll be back in Turkey or in China by the end of the year, he literally played his way out of the NBA this year.

103. Save the Sam Adams for when you are trying to impress someone.

104. Dump the bud light down the drain.

105. SAMUEL JACKSON, IT'S MAAAAAH BEER

106. Seems like the party kicked ass. Mania was eh but the crowd was great and the Rock-Austin main event was wild.

107. CRZ just popped up in my "who to follow" box on twitter.

108. Lol I don't have anyone to impress

109. It's Bryan's good luck that there's a storyline reason for him to wrestle Kane, who's probably the single safest worker they have under contract. If you can't take 8 back bumps per night which is all you're taking when you wrestle Kane, you really shouldn't be back in the first place.

110. Hopefully he's working coast to coast on the Rumble. And again I thought it was his elbow not his neck?

111. That's the quantity drinking beer...Why waste good beer on quantity drinking?

112. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Bud light.

113. Are we certain they weren't lying about the severity of the injury? It's not like they don't have form for doing that sort of thing.

114. I remember the most popular rumor at my elementary school was that Kane played Jason in Jason X

115. Save it for the games tomorrow.

116. He had neck surgery, but wasn't getting any strength back in his arm. They were looking at doing an elbow surgery though.

117. It's Paulaner Hefe Weisse or it's nothing.

118. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Like when Cenas injuries should have him on the shelf for a year?

119. Bryan claims the doc cleared him the night he made the return announcement I'm sure WWE wouldn't hold him back from making them money.

120. The odds of me finding that in NWPA are...?

121. I don't know what NWPA is.

122. So what did the holistic guy do? The guy that worked with Carson Palmer?

123. That's what I was thinking.

124. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Great Rock promo.

125. Northwest Pennsylvania

126. Well, you can find it in America, I do know that.

127. "Muscle Activation Techniques". Sounds like just another way to go about therapy and fixing imbalances

128. I loved being there live but the show isn't very good.

129. Huh, Dave Meltzer considers Daniel Bryan to be overrated.

130. Not Japanese enough, the kicks are good but needs more two handed slaps to the chest.

131. Can you get Troegs in your area?

132. Yup...they make good stuff. I've always been a sucker for Stone though

133. Probably cause you drink bud light.

134. Southern Tier is good stuff if you can find it

135. IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK! YOU'LL BE FUCKING FAT GIRLS IN NO TIME!

136. Still trying to figure out how to book this one. If they are smart they will get Ziggler and Bryan out in the top 8 to get some movement going.

I think the best course of action for Reigns is to either bring him in around 12-13 and see if he can build some good heat to get the fans off his ass. Or wait until 25-30 and let him be a kill joy.

Have Reigns and Bryan as the final two, let Bryan win, have Reigns attack him afterwards. Set up an eventual match at the post-WM PPV. Reigns needs to be a heel and string together some dominating performances to get back on track.

137. Meltzer's opinions are... interesting.

138. I'm telling you. It's Cena dickery.

Cena: Daniel, I heard Vince and Triple has no faith in your neck. You probably need to wrestle a whole bunch of matches before they'll consider you again.

139. Laughing so hard at this Andrew Luck reaction gif to a playcall to Richardson

140. Where did he say this?

141. It's a shame the 2001-05 era overall wasn't very good because that was probably WWE's best period in terms of production quality - the video packages, music, and lighting at the shows were all superb back then.

142. I do a Reigns/Rusev double elimination. Like Reigns dumps Rusev, then Rusev comes back and screws him. Wait, do it with Reigns and Big Show. I feel like that's the program they're building to for Mania.

143. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:39 PM

He doesn't like Cm Punk either.

144. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM

CM Punk as The Nexus leader should've been way more epic than it was.

145. This is still the best Luck gif.

146. It's Mr. Satan, so Meltzer probably didn't actually say that.

147. The first Arctic Monkeys album is one of the 10 best of the 21st Century.

148. The fall of 2013 spits in the face of your logic.

149. Wrestlemania XX and 21 were very good.

150. Reminds me of when Lesnar beat Mir and he headbutted the cage and screamed with spit flying out of his mouthpiece

151. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5JUfCDUGQ

152. The original storyline of him torturing the guys he had left and Slater/Gabriel walking was a neat idea but the problem was that Punk lost basically every single big match he was in for a year so he had no credibility. Even with the whole New Nexus behind him, Orton destroyed him week in, week out so there just wasn't much of a threat for anyone to fear.

153. Who was in Nexus when he took over? I remember Otunga and Husky and after that I'm lost.

154. Disagree. The group was already dead

155. Live boxing preliminaries at Mohegan Sun casino.

156. Otunga as the 2nd in command/traitor. Husky Harris and McGillicutty as the new guys. Slater and Gabriel for a couple shows before they defected to Barrett's faction.

157. WatercoolersandAirportsJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Pre Curtis Axel Michael.... Whatever.

158. For a guy named after Satan, he's not very trustworthy.

159. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Ballsy move, let him him win the Rumble with the help of The Nexus, but CENAWINSLOL

160. I'm probably in the minority, but I always liked the Garvin stomp

161. First match on this show: Wade Barrett vs. R-Truth non-title.

162. Nah, the Cena Punk feud culminating at the Rumble was fine

163. Wasn't that Del Rio's win?

164. Luck is an ogre.

165. If Punk as Nexus leader works we wouldn't have gotten the Summer of Punk, so no thank you.

166. Who needs Paul Pierce when Jordan Farmar is available?

167. I feel like I'm the only guy in this whole arena cheering for Barrett.

And R-Truth pins Barrett.

168. Stables in royal rumbles should be more of a thing. Every year there's a stable that looks good going in and they banana peel their way out. I think Orton's Legacy group was the only one that actually won with their advantage.

169. Also Mason Ryan, but I don't blame you for forgetting him.

170. Finished the power shower and I feel like the middleweight champ...so, um...now what?

171. Oh God, I wish I didn't remember him now.

172. Yeah, they were nothing more than Punk's faceless goons the moment he became the leader.

173. 2001 was a good year, '02-'03 Smackdown was good and '04-'05 Raw was good.

174. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 17, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Keep drinking.

175. Next match: Luke Harper vs. Alex Riley

176. They let Riley wrestle? Must be one of those shows were only like 15 guys showed up to the arena.

177. Hulk is cutting a hell of heel promo on Savage right now.

178. Trophy presentations in low level boxing are terrible.

179. Done, but I'm at a crossroads. Do I leave the house or not?

The big slate of college hoops games has been underwhelming, but I work from home and don't get out. But the area where I live blows...Fuck

180. I think I'm gonna start up FF8 again. I was just reminded of how great that was, except for all the Draw nonsense.

181. Crowd here is cheering hard for Riley, for some reason.

182. Kane did. Kane hodder