BoD Sunday NFL Thread

After going 1-1 last night, I am 1-3 in the playoffs. Here are my picks for today:

Dallas +5.5 at Green Bay
Denver -9.5 vs. Indianapolis

Comments

1. Aaaand Rodgers aggravates his calf running onto the field.

2. Denver crept up to -9.5? That's a trap bet.

3. Wow, picking Denver to lay them points? I think Indy straight pulls off the upset.

4. Indy will beat denver outright; Green bay beats dallas and spread (so the opposite of what bayless says).

5. Indy will choke in Denver. That is a fraud team

6. Home teams win roughly 3/4 of the time in the divisional round, which means an upset today is probable.

7. I agree, but Manning doesn't look right. I suppose they could run the ball and take care of business, though.

8. Peyton is like the opposite of Joe Flacco (peyton is great in regular season and shitty in playoffs)

9. Manning hasn't looked good in the past month and a half. Denver's been quiet... a little... TOO quiet, if you know what I mean.

10. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Bills will sign Rex Ryan. I... do not approve.

11. Luck throws at least 2 INT's today.

12. You're full of sufferin' succotash son!

13. Rex should have gone with a strong offensive team already so that he could concentrate on building the defense, like Atlanta or something.

14. I'm going to predict that whoever wins between the Cowboys and Packers will likely advance to the NFC Championship game.

15. Wow that's huge!!!

16. I'm made of steel and a viper without teeth is a worm!

17. Just looked at the stats from yesterdays Pats/Ravens game; Pats had 13 runs for 14 total yards. Longest run was 6 yards; only 7 runs from RBs.

18. Yes, Rex is quite fat.

19. Going out on a limb I see

20. How can a 9.5 point underdog choke?

21. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:04 AM

In 4 games he has 8, so yeah, sounds about right.

22. This is the biggest game of the weekend.

23. Cowboys and Colts win today.

24. By turning the ball over constantly.

25. Erin Andrews, who earlier showed her journalistic professionalism by chewing gum while chatting with Rodgers on the field.

26. but she's sports reporter hot

27. I bet she'd love a good pounding from him.

28. And likely gets paid six figures for ten minutes of work.

29. She dethroned Pam Oliver as the Alpha Sideline Hooker.

30. Ravens were underdogs and they choked yesterday

31. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Because if he's good enough to get shitcanned by the fucking Jets he's good enough for the Bills...

32. Still not necessarily choking when they weren't expected to win.

33. I missed it, what's the temperature here?

34. Pam is a damn good sports reporter and was justified in her visibly being pissed off at her demotion.

35. I'm loving the Cowboys today. Ground and pound. That's what NFC Playoff football is all about. Lacey will have two fumbles. He's really not that good.

36. who is the hottest female sports reporter/analyst? My choice is Michelle Beadle

37. It could have been a lot worse. They were rumored to be looking at some crappy retreads.

38. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Blowing a 14 point lead twice definitely qualifies as choking.

39. First run - 5 yards gained. Yeah, this is going to be significantly easier for them than last week.

40. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM

They just got one.

41. ROMO FUMBLES!

42. I don't know. They're all pretty much MILFy Stepford Wife types to me.

43. I thought playoff football is airing it out

44. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM

This might be my last football game until August. After last night's bitter dose of reality (aka my team isn't very good), I don't know that I want to watch Denver-New England and Dallas-Seattle next week. I'll root for Green Bay today, because it was my dad's team, and I have an implicit desire to set myself up for disappointment. I respect Seattle, but it's... too soon to respect them enough to want to watch them play.

(I hope Green Bay stomps their shit in next week...)

45. What else is new

46. You have to enter all three of your security question answers correctly in order to reset your healthcare dot gov password. Stupid system. Now I have to call and will likely sit on hold for the next hour.

47. Mediocre punt.

48. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM

This field looks like shit. Why do teams even use real grass anymore?

49. Jets GM fucked that team up beyond repair. No one could win with that roster and Rex knows how to pressure Brady.

50. REAL FOOTBALL MEN GRR WOOF WOOF WOOF

51. That's the way football is meant to be played

52. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Tell that to RG3.

53. Why not just move every single football game indoors while we're at it?

54. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

55. And they can play in shorts and eliminate tackling as well.

56. Let's just let them casually drive up the field. Sounds like a plan.

57. That would be going too far.

58. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM

It would make for a better fan experience. Besides, we're only a couple years away from playing flag football anyway.

59. Keep running it until they can prove they can stop it.

60. He's about to sign on to coach the Bills, I hear.

61. Jamie Maggio

62. On this drive Rodgers could just say Run With Lacy and still get 5 yards.

63. Man, if after all this they can hold them to a field goal, that would be great.

64. Whole lot of pussies in here today. Nut up. We watching football not the property bros. Turn on your HGTV and leave the football to the real men.

65. Aaron Rodgers doesn't get to be considered an all-time great until he can win in Seattle.

66. Pam is probably the best, and seemingly ageless at 53... but it's time to slide on over.

67. I am real bro's bro, at the bar watching the game while the wife is at a baby shower

68. I like Katie Nolan a lot. Samantha Ponder too.

69. Total bro move my broski!

70. That kills that little argument.

71. Are you doing a William Regal gimmick?

72. Eh, Rodgers is brutal against the Seahawks. They'll win today and lose by 15 against Seattle.

73. You're doing the Adorable Adrian Adonis gimmick today.

74. He's a Fail Mary away from checking that off his bucket list.

75. Alex Smith won in Seattle.

76. I don't know what his gimmick was.

77. Rodgers hasn't.

78. I think I'd always defer if I won the toss.

79. How did last night go for you

80. That... is a really weak argument.

81. Also, Smith beat a Seahawks team quarterbacked by Tavaris Jackson.

82. Weak is Rodgers play in Seattle.

83. Mitch, The GodfatherJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Yeah he has.

84. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Definitely. I'd much rather have the ball after halftime.

85. Mitch, The GodfatherJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Boom.

86. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM

It is a bit jarring as a fan to go from a young team with little history to watching two storied franchises. Makes you feel like you and your team are less, somehow.

87. Fun fact: the Packers went up 7-0 against the 49ers two seasons ago in the playoffs and got obliterated.

88. Have the Packers won a playoff game since beating Joe Webb?

89. Dallas is again half awake to start the game.

90. He won in Seattle in 2008. Boom GOAT #hottake

91. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 11, 2015 at 11:22 AM

And then the 49ers had first and goal at the 4 in the Super Bowl and called 4 pass plays.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

92. No seriously, fuck off.

93. I'm glad I did.

94. They did. It's Seth Rollins. Too bad there is no IC title

95. They need to let him be himself and sort of find his way. This isn't an instant thing. It takes time... and after a good year minimal of that, if he can't cut it, and it doesn't catch on... PICK A NEW HORSE!

96. I would buy that shirt. I also vote for the best IC champ based on hats. I think that says it all.

97. Plus Sami is a REALLY good babyface. You just want good things to happen for the guy.

98. The writing is awful but how come the rest of the roster manages to be halfway listenable? Reigns sounds like he's struggling to remember one word at a time

99. Cut out everything before "I'm gonna kick your ass" and the segment works well enough. Vince really doesn't know how to write a face promo and Reigns really doesn't know how to deliver one.

100. My thought is he needs time to establish himself with the audience. Rocketing him to the top after a short feud with Big Show isn't going to help him.

101. This was a match where Cena had to give all to win, they build Umaga as a beast in that match. One of the best Non-rumble matches for sure.

102. Philly is gonna eat this poor bastard alive and then throw it up.

103. He's going to make a great midcarders on Impact in three years.

104. Shelton's mama? Do a storyline where it's revealed that she adopted Seth as a child.

105. Forever Sami.

El Generico was quintessentially baby face. I don't know if he's EVER worked heel

106. "What Joe Rocko is doing in the Impact Zone?"

107. You're right in both cases. They're both fatties.

108. Yeah; and that's more or less what happened. Goldberg speared in him in the aisle on a Nitro. That's all it needed to be; not a minor ppv main event or anything.

109. Wow.

Someone needs to tell creative that he's not a Dwayne clone.

110. Agreed, Reigns sounds like he struggles to just remember his lines. I think it's time to just make him the silent tough guy with a manager.

111. I'm imagining the promos Reigns will be written to SAVE AMERICA. So much cringe. It's sad when Mark Henry and Big Slow are way better actors.

112. Reigns should've just speared the fuck out of all of them for no reason and not said a thing. They do tons of other shit for no reason why not this?

113. Roman's wink http://i.imgur.com/LLiNf8j.gif

114. They're never going to learn from destroying Diesel back in '95... are they?

115. You can still feel douche chills after watching it 5 times.

116. I loved the Jericho bit. His heel work in wcw was probably my favorite part of his career.

117. Imagine Vince writing Hulk Hogan's promos in 84, there wouldn't have been no wrestling boom.

118. To be fair, 1984 was before Vince ever watched Loony Tunes.

119. I haven't been watching and haven't really been around here at all do to work stuff but seriously that was prime, Grade A, 100% Cena garbage right there. Vince and company obviously have no idea how to fathom a Cenaless WWE, so they are turning someone who was organically over with a completely different character into another Cena. The smirk, the line, the whole thing was like Cena with a darker complexion and long hair. Pathetic.

120. But they are on tv dozens of time a day because of those commercials so too famous right now. He'd probably go get Jonathan Taylor Thomas to do something with him.

121. I assume those people that can get Destination America if they wanted it would have to pay for it? Because if anyone was willing to pay to watch TNA they'd still have pay per views.

122. No shit! I wish the reporters would just start fucking with him now. He's the first hipster running back.