Tuesday, February 10, 2015

BoD Tuesday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

There are 5 games in the NBA tonight, with two of them on TNT. At 8pm EST the Houston Rockets face the Phoenix Suns while at 10:30pm EST the Denver Nuggets go up against the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the NHL there are 9 games on the schedule with the New York Rangers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:30pm EST on the NHL Network.

College Basketball has several Nationally televised games with #1 Kentucky vs. LSU currently underway on ESPN.

And as usual, talk about anything else going on tonight here.

1. Good evening. I've been playing SR3 non-stop, that thing is GTA on acid.

2. Victory lap for Jon Stewart, he's leaving at the end of the year. End of an era.

3. Damnit Bayless, I had just gotten discussion going about Stewart leaving in the other thread.

4. Bill Carter's book about all of this is going to be awesome

5. I'm kinda sad. He was an institution.

Wonder who his replacement will be.

6. IYH:RotT! Feel free to join in! A

7. Having spent a good portion of the day watching college women's gymnastics, two things do not get old:

A) Floor exercise (read: 20 year olds in one pieces writhing on the ground)

B) botching landings and landing on their asses. Every time that happens, I pretend Flair and Bulldog are just off-camera

"Oh God! Oh God!"
    "Fell on his arse! Fell right on his fucking arse!"

8. I had to cover high school gymnastics once and it was uncomfortable.

9. Was Austin ever on time for a show? No wonder Patterson is pissed.

10. He's a rebel!!!

11. Floor exercise is cool, but uneven bars is where it's at.

12. Rare is the video that features an unsung part of that segment, during the outro - Jesse Ventura twisting the knife even deeper by laughing his ass off while saying "what a shocking debut by The Shockmaster."

13. JR: "I'm surprised you can't put a sentence together sometimes"

Vince: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

14. What's gonna happen to Rollins after the nude pic fiasco?

15. Probably nothing. He's Triple H's boy.

16. Nothing. He's in the clear

17. Doesn't seem like anything will. WWE is taking his side with the he got hacked story.

18. He's got good connects, he's fine.

19. Thinking about starting a game of TEW set in 1991 and set it up like WWE bought WCW back then and did a brand split. Just to see what it would look like.

20. Different fantasy booking idea...

21. Biff Kensington Has a PosseFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM

"Big Show! Kane! I need you to step up while Rollins does his penance."

- Vince

22. But his girlfriend posted nude pictures of him, and it's not his fault. He was hacked.

23. I will not disagree

24. Between Rollins' dick and Bryan and Brie practicing the pullout method, it's just been a Hell of a week.

25. Yeah whole bullpen is bummed right now

26. Biff Kensington Has a PosseFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:28 PM

What in the Blue Hell did I miss this past weekend?!

27. RotT: So that was a particularly dumb Dusty pin.

28. Wait, what? (Regarding the second thing)

29. Good ole Total Divas!

30. Total Divas. I hope it was a bullshit fake reality TV show angle, because that's gross. lol

31. I suspect Vince chuckled about it so everything is okay.

He's lucky it didn't happen today after that RAW rating dropped.

32. I'm going to miss having dumb news clips and then cut to Stewart's face and him cursing repeat 200 times.

33. Yeah but it still doesn't look good on a family-friendly show. If Rollins made the error himself, someone has to take the bullet.

34. AAAAGGHH

35. RotT: Lucky watchers! We get two shitty finishes in one LoD match!

36. This match is not so good. In guessing it's because of LOD.

37. You're guessing correctly.

38. Unless HBO is forking out serious money I would assume John Oliver would get the nod. I enjoyed him as the fill-in while Stewart was directing Rosewater

39. Someone lower down the ladder woulda got straight-up fired. But everyone seems to be laughing this off. Well, except for Rollins...

40. OMG it's the Owen/Davey bathroom PPV!!!

41. What was the deal with P.S. and the ridiculous bolo ties?

42. What? He's under contract to HBO

43. No way is Oliver going from HBO to Comedy Central. That's a demotion.

44. I would pay ALL OF THE MONEY to find out what Pillman whispered to Sunny.

45. Wolfie D looks like he smoked ALL the crack tonight.

46. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Nothing. I'm sure either Vince or Steph or HHH or all 3 gave him a colossal bitching out, but that will be the end of it. It's just a dick shot.

47. I think Oliver is staying. He's building a following, there's a TV-MA level of freedom, and his show's format without ads or daily guests means he can do more in-depth longform segments on specific issues that need attention (like the Qatar WC labor issue). He's got a nice gig they're not gonna pull him from

48. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, "looks like"...

49. Yea, John Oliver can't just be like: Guys, I want to go back to Comedy Central. Good day!

And man is Last Week Tonight beyond insufferable based on my facebook feed.

50. Considering Stewart was banking $25 million/annually...I seriously doubt it's a demotion.

51. Hey can one of UK BoD buddies tell me what a rizzle (think I spelled it right) is?

52. Weird to see Rock NOT tearing into Kelly and calling him a hermaphrodite.

53. It's not like they would give Oliver that much money to come over.

54. He can't just leave HBO when he's under contract.

55. What world do you guys live in? He can leave. It's called a buyout.

56. HBO would never give him 20% of that.

57. In case I spelled it wrong the context was I was talking about going over to someones house and they said "Just bring some rizzlers"? Da fuq are rizzlers?

58. Not the delusional world that you seem to live in.

59. This is stupid since John Oliver's not leaving.

60. RotT: Savio did a cool heel kick in the corner and flipping out of the ring and landing on his feet. Why didn't he do that as a face?

61. How do you know? He's probably making some good coin at HBO. They don't cheap out on their programming.

62. I would have asked but it's the hot chick that works on the floor above me so I didn't want to let on I didn't know what they were. I'm just assuming its a UK thing because she has an english accent. Anyone know what that shit is?

63. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Reminds me of one time I was watching Nitro and my mom was in the room (she hates wrestling) and Goldberg showed up at about 9:30 in a Corvette to a huge pop. She's like "I wish people would react like that if showed up late for work unannounced, I'd probably get fired". She had a point.

64. "Drop the zero and get with the hero."

65. Dammit TimeandtheRani spend more on time on this blog so you can answer my non specific questions that may or may not be about your country.

66. Condoms exist for a reason Brie & Bryan.

67. Worked for Vanilla Ice

68. If only someone invented a search engine that tells you everything.

69. They also suck.

70. Rizlers are Fag (Cigarette) skins

71. Going to watch the Blue Meanie & Jasmin St. Clair shoot for my recap this Thursday. I might drop a preview or two. Hopefully there is some gold in this shoot.

72. Fuck those things. Do they even use them in Brazil?

73. RotT: The crowd does not give a shit at all about either Rocky or Savio.

74. John makes $2 million for his show at HBO. For one episode a week when his show is in season.

Maybe he doesn't want Jon Stewart's hours for The Daily Show. Feels like it could be a bit of a grind.

75. That jumping roundhouse kick was SWEET

76. Biff Kensington Has a PosseFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:42 PM

What's gross about pulling out, exactly?

77. The one where he lands outside the ring?

78. "NUPTIALS TURN TO NAPALM!"

I miss Vince opening the PPVs screaming.

79. When you roll your own

80. I'm guessing rolling papers.

81. I already tired googling them, I got too many answers, and urban dictionary was no help either.

82. The one he just busted out in the middle of the ring. The corner one also ruled.

83. Of course people use it.

84. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/551057-wwe-reaction-seth-rollins-nude-photos

Oh this is just BEGGING to be made into part of the storyline.

85. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...gotcha

86. It's like why was he not doing this shit as a face?

87. In the real world of entertainment contracts are bought out all the time.

88. I thought it was that patch of skin between your balls and your asshole.

89. Ron Simmons aged 10 years between 1997-2000.

90. Maybe this time, Sid Justice turns on Hulk and Power Bombs him to hell. I'll let you guys know in 3 hours.

91. Knock up the girl.

92. Is WWF UK Rampage 1991 or Battle Royal at Albert Hall 1991 on the Network?

93. Taint, the word you're looking for is taint. Or grundle

94. That's what happens when you party with PG13.

95. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I won't use one with a chick I'm even halfway seriously dating. One I'm MARRIED to? Fuck. That.

Condoms exist so you don't the clap from nasty skanks. And if that's an issue you probably shouldn't be fucking her in the first place.

96. Right?! That shit would've got him over. Spinny and jumpy stuff will always pop a crowd.

97. HEART PUNCH~!!!!

98. Damn. I can't find Rampage 1991 anywhere.

99. Such bullshit because they would air both on WWE 24/7 all the time.

100. And the way he landed outside the ring could so easy lead to fired up babyface!!

101. He did. It's one of my few memories of him. He once did it on a RAW battle royal and accidentally eliminated himself.

102. 32:00 for me.

103. I always say "FILL ER UP"

104. 32:10 for me.

105. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Pulling out is gross? You never gave a chick a facial?

106. I slowed down so I'm like five seconds behind.

107. So was Ricky Steamboat in WWE 91 kinda like Samba Simba? They just refused to acknowledge his prior history?

108. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM

The pill?

Just saying...

109. Yeah. He was THE DRAGON!!!

110. That's gimmick infringement, Ahmed.

111. Didn't realize PG13 was still with these guy

112. I'm not sure Ahmed's even using words.

113. So HBO, who sunk a bunch of money to launch his show, which is successful and becoming very popular, especially among the demographic they want to court, is just going to let him walk to Comedy Central after John Oliver pays them an undetermined amount of money?

Also, why would John Oliver even want to go back? HBO is flush with cash.

114. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM

I marked out for those little wiggers for some reason.

115. "What?"-- Me, to Ahmed

116. I heard "black ass" and that's about it.

117. Maybe he met David Simon?

118. Rock looks better and 43 than he did at 25.

119. Shamrock looks stoned as shit on the comp.

120. Oh my god greatest segment ever contender!

121. If I could made my ears deaf to certain frequencies the music of Lilly Allen would definitely be the first one.

122. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Again, "looks like"...

123. lol, Ricky goes for a monkey flip on Warlord, and just throws and bumps himself off him. Steamboat is literally wrestling with himself.

124. Rizlas are rolling papers for tobacco...come in different sizes with silver rizlers being the thinnest papers

125. I love the individual looks on Owen and Davey's faces as they leave the bathroom.

126. The look on Owen's face was amazing. Like, Oscar-worthy.

127. AA said he pretty much stopped going to the gym at the tail end of his WCW run

128. Davey's was gold too.

129. I think she was talking about weed though but yeah, I had never known this so I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

130. Well, without this shit, we don't get the Outlaws

131. You'd think the guy with the camera and Taker shirt was the one with Down syndrome, but it was actually the two broads singing along with Roadie.

132. Road Dogg put a lot of effort into that entrance for absolutely NO reaction.

133. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM

I could do without ESPN playing Nelly for their their NCAA ads. Or anyone anyone ever playing Nelly ever.

And would Gwen Stefani just fucking DIE already, please? Jesus fuck her "music" is annoying.

134. Gotta start somewhere

135. There also known as sheets...silver is the common used around my area for smokers

136. ROCKABILLY!!!!!

137. My only real problem with Lilly Allen is that my gf plays that crap all the time but I legit hate no doubt. Fuck that band, fuck that singer, and frankly fuck those fans too. (Or at least the ones over 12)

138. Rockabilly is even lamer than Roadie

139. That's not a rockabilly look. Would it have killed Billy to watch a Stray Cats video or two?

140. He put less effort into this than Greg Valentine did.

141. Remember when NXT had an awesome show at Takeover: R:Evolution and the backstage reports said that the main roster is going to start working harder and will try to outdo the NXT show with their PPV that weekend. That PPV was TLC! LOL.

142. Rhythm and Blues Greg Valentine was hilarious.

143. "YOU'RE A GOOF!!!!!!"

144. Good luck to then with fast lane as tnrw card is stacked

145. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I have now idea who Lilly Allen is. Don't post a link, I won't click on because I don't care.

No Doubt was fucking awful, and she's even worse. She made me hate Bush on principle, and I really liked that band.

146. I have to imagine that morale is in the toilet now. Even the shoots from guys who have just left said the same thing and the pay scale for the Network is such shit from the WWE. They should have told them the day it happened.

147. I'll give the Dogg this: he put effort into every bit of showbiz bullshit. I wish he'd put half that effort into wrestling.

...then again every single one of his brothers can wrestle circles around Brian to this day (including Brad) and Brian made more money than any of them. What a dumb industry.

148. Awesome 3 star six man. This show is awesome.

149. Shelton Benjamin.

150. Yeah, I would hate to work for a company that can't answer me clearly how much I am being paid and says that I can be promoted if I work hard, but only promotes the boss' sons friends.

151. Just some girl singer, not even hot or anything. I guess her gimmick is that she's English and drops f bombs or something

152. Still better than a company that pays you in food stamps.

153. On the plus side, every black wrestler gets a huge "shut up" check from Vince just to be safe.

On the minus side, so does Michael Hayes :(

154. I finally watched last week's It's Always Sunny. Tremendous episode. I wondered what Charlie was doing with that chair the entire episode and the ending was perfect. A+ effort from Frank for trying to paint on shoes and a shirt, too.

155. Brian Williams got six months.

156. King supports Bret! That had to be a pretty big deal in 97

157. Also slutty, is part of the gimmick.

158. So is today 9/11 for liberals who can't think for themselves?

159. How much am I going to get paid this month

No, see I don't give guarantees, just opportunities.

*quits on the spot*

160. Ah crap what did my people do now?

161. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Lost me at not even hot.

162. Should've gotten fired.

163. Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show.

164. This crowd is so dead...

165. Lol TBH if she was hot you probably would have heard of her!

166. I love Brian Williams so I'm biased. Love that NBC picked now to announce it

167. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I really have come to fucking hate the term "liberal".

168. Oh. He's awful. I like John Oliver a lot. He's actually funny and he'll get in-depth.

169. What time are you guys on for revenge of the Taker?

170. People use it too liberally.

171. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM

In prison? What for?

172. Already in! 49:08

173. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Well played.

174. Then can we take the guys who made the bullshit Kerry Swift boat story to help Bush get more votes and tie them to a tree while ants eat their faces?

175. Thanks. Love me some horrible jokes.

176. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM

What the media calls hot and what I do are usually 2 totally different things.

177. Personally I think they should hire Jon Stewart to host the RAW after show on the network.

178. We know. You're a TNA fan

179. Austin's righteous anger is fantastic here.

180. I don't remember this doofus interviewer.

181. Who is that and what's on his head?

182. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:06 PM

The NBC guy? For 6 months? Why? And why not just can him?

183. Who is Lance Wright?

184. So here is how I'm gonna have the PPVs set for the brand split:
    Jan: WWF Royal Rumble
    Feb: WCW SuperBrawl
    March: WWF WrestleMania
    April: WCW WrestleWar
    May: WWF King of the Ring
    June: WCW Great American Bash
    July: WWF SummerSlam
    August: WCW Bash at the Beach
    Sept: WWF show
    Oct: WCW Halloween Havoc
    Nov: WWF Survivor Series
    Dec: WCW Starrcade

I think the TV shows will end up being Raw and WCW Saturday Night. No idea who is going where yet.

185. Well in this case the media is correct for not making her out to be hot (although maybe they do in England).

186. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Again, well played.

187. I'd swap uncensored for Wrestlemania and Armageddon for Starrcade

188. Adam "Colorado" CurryFebruary 10, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I've been wondering that for a long time. Think he had something to do with ECW, but I don't remember him.