BoD Daily Update

WWE Changing Plans For the WrestleMania Title Match?

Per former WWE Employee and Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, several people at last night's Smackdown taping are claiming that Brock Lesnar will re-sign with the WWE. Also, these people are claiming that Roman Reigns is not receiving the crowd reaction that the company had expected and as a result, HHH is pushing the idea for Lesnar to retain at WrestleMania to Vince McMahon. From that, the idea would be for Lesnar to continue making a limited appearances while the company elevates the United States and Intercontinental Titles at WrestleMania, by putting them on John Cena and Daniel Bryan, with those titles headlining house shows and the PPV's where Lesnar is not scheduled.

Kevin Owens Injury Update

Owens, who underwent knee surgery last week, is expected to miss 4-6 weeks of action.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Radio

Michael Cole Chastised Backstage Over An On-Air Mistake

It has been reported that Cole botching the WrestleMania 31 start times during this past episode of RAW was a big deal backstage among Vince McMahon and likely Kevin Dunn as well. Its also reported that Vince gave Cole a "hard time" in his head set as a result.

RAW Ratings

This past RAW had 3.92 million viewers, up slightly from 3.86 last week. Here is the hourly breakdown:

8pm: 3.88 million viewers
9pm: 3.96 million viewers
10pm: 3.92 million viewers

Also, check out the "Great WrestleMania Re-Book" Series over at Place to be Nation as they work on WrestleMania 21. Click on the link below to view that.

Comments

1. Orton.

Edge's reign had the juice to keep going if WWE wanted, and he got his second reign shortly after based on the strength of reactions his first one had.

That One month reign basically established the character that would carry smackdown for years afterword.

2. Yeah, Edge didn't flop at all.

3. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Different crowds, plus the TV factor: house show crowds aren't trying to get noticed or referenced on-camera, they're just there to enjoy the show (probably with their kids).Cena reportedly rarely got the "split crowd" at house shows, so there's a precedent.

4. Also, some of the mods have pretty much come out and said that while he did work for WWE, it wasn't for long and he was doing a completely unimportant job (like working in the mail room or something).

5. Worst_in_the_WorldMarch 18, 2015 at 8:44 AM

You're basically talking small crowds (like 2-5k) of just families and kids, which as the demos show is not actually their main audience and definitely not the audience buying the Network or paying for the higher priced events.

6. The more I see of Savage's WCW run i realize he wasn't really booked strongly at all. He was just over and had name value so it didn't matter if he jobbed or got beat up alot

7. The IC title is purely a prop at this point. Might as well be fighting over a pen or an iPad.

8. Rock's average is 46.4 days (ten world titles over 464 days)

Trading the title with Mankind in 1998-1999 really brings down his average. However, Rock is a billion times the star than Orton is, so that probably helps make his seem more significant.

9. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Until Vince changes his mind again. Plus, it's one thing to protect Cena while he's got the belt, but what happens when he drops it to a lesser star? Do we really think the same mentality will hold? History says no.

10. So i'm re watching Community before I start the new series and i'm on Remedial Chaos Theory (The alternate time line episode in series 3). Would the show have been better and not been shortened and cancelled if they followed one of the other 6 timelines?

11. Oh shit, yeah. He had four title reigns for a total of 53 days. That's less than 2 weeks per reign.

12. Worst_in_the_WorldMarch 18, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Again, I'm not saying I have any faith Vince would do it correctly, but I do think it CAN be done.

13. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 18, 2015 at 8:48 AM

You never know. Maybe they did.

14. I think people more-so go to house shows to see individual wrestlers, than going to see Raw to see wrestling. Also, like has been said it's families with kids that want to see wrestling and the parents don't want to go to a 3 hour Raw plus any other taping.

15. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Which is why WWE shouldn't base their booking on said crowds. But we've been down this road before.

16. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Please don't put that thought in the universe.

This is the same company that started feuds over leather jackets, stolen dogs and shampoo commercials.

17. Despite how shitty this Wrestlemania will probably be, if Lesnar does beat Reigns, I will be a happy customer.

18. Worst_in_the_WorldMarch 18, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Guess his reigns just felt like they went on fucking forever.

Though to be fair, he did have a few pretty long runs. He had that shitty 8 month long "Age of Orton" reign that went through Mania 24, and then after he won the belt again after mania 25 (his shitty Legacy reign) he pretty much was champ from May through September, just with like a one day interruption from Batista somewhere in there. But Orton had pretty much a 5 month reign there.

So he absolutely has had three separate long, face of the company reigns that each sucked worse than the previous one.

19. Poor guy lost to
    Hogan the day after winning it *twice*.

20. house shows are usually a family affair.

Fans who are smart to business know nothing happens at a non-msg house show so they don't go.

21. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Well, yeah. Obviously it CAN be done, but I have zero faith in WWE with regards to their commitment to the idea. Especially since their current "win title, job to every opponent in non-title matches, lose title" approach means less work for the creative team.

22. I can't believe they think leaving the title off television for an even longer period of time is a solution to anything.

Good for Brock, he gets to make a ton of money and really it's only at the expense of the entire industry and it's fanbase, lol.

23. And they weren't even on PPVs where he would've gotten a main event check

24. I didn't bother booing anyone at the house show I went to last year because WWE doesn't pay any attention to house show crowds. There's no point trying to make a point if nobody's listening.

25. Well he was definitely on the road week-to-week because he has knowledge of the weekly operations and dealing with Kevin Dunn (whom he's confirmed is a Grade-A asshole). Certainly wasn't high up the food chain though.

26. I'm at the point where I don't care who wins what, as long as it's done well and makes fuckin sense.

27. If you want it to make sense you're asking for too much

28. Fans: "This brand split sucks, there's too many titles."
    WWE: "We've got a solution, we'll merge brands and get rid of the WWE Championship! Less titles!"
    Fans: "That's not really...."

29. I'd take it over having Reigns as champion.

30. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Community as we know it certainly exists in the darkest timeline. There's a better timeline where Community is a ratings juggernaut still going strong today.

31. Does one of the cast have an evil looking goatee?

32. Aye, pick any show from 96 and you’re most likely to find Savage getting the shit kicked out of him. When he was a heel, he was definitely second tier. Unless he wrestled Crow Sting, in which case he got 100% of the offense in just like everyone else did.

33. In VKM time, that's pretty good.

34. Battle Kat LitterMarch 18, 2015 at 9:05 AM

House shows are fun. There is not even an ounce of snark in me at house shows. I'm marktastically markish. It's fun, and everyone's on the same page. It's wrestling without the other stuff bogging it down.

35. It was a terrible story ... Orton and Evolution should have turned on Hunter, not the other way around. Orton winning the title and then getting punked by Evo made him look like a bitch from jump street.

36. "HHH seemed to badly need a Face Turn at this point which amazingly took another year and a half."

He was still in his "I really want to be Ric Flair" phase, which lasted from 2002-2006.

37. Sometimes people try to say we're not as smart as we think we are.

We are of course, smarter.

38. All this talk of title reigns reminds me of mick foleys promo on cm punk: "do u wanna be a statistic or do u want to be a legend?". Its so sad how all these wrestlers today aren't even considered "stars" by wwe if they havent had multiple world title runs but back in the day you could be a legit star without ever even winning a title

39. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I'm wondering if WWE actually thought that promo Brock cut Monday would turn fans against him.

40. I also recall distinctly on camera one time around his comeback in 2005 or 2006 when Vince basically told him on-screen "You're looking skinny", like making a joke out of the fact that he couldn't do steroids anymore. It was so off-putting.

41. I don't buy it for a second. Reigns will win and go on to feud with Big Show for 2 months.

42. Add Edge into that category too. 11 title reigns between WWE and World Heavyweight, and you won't find much in terms of overall length, but yet Edge still felt more prominent to me than Orton during roughly the same time period-maybe it was Edge's dominance on Smackdown! for several years that did it. Still think that Edge should have had that main event slot at WrestleMania 22, though.

43. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 18, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Only in the darkest timeline.

44. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:08 AM

But Bryan had his turn, see. And WWE doesn't believe repeating main events two years in a row.

*cough*

45. On a Johnny Cash kick lately.

Back to work.

46. Annie or Britta?

I'm Team Britta. She's funny and has a perfectly symmetrical face.

I like that.

47. I don't believe the Reddit user. Great if he is right but I will take the wait and see approach.

48. Annie by a mile.

49. HHH is stockpiling top-shelf Indy talent, made NXT the best American wrestling product in a while, put Daniel Bryan like a gazillion dollars last year, and wants to make the U.S. and IC titles a big deal by putting them on the two biggest stars in the company.

Who are you and what have you done to "put my injured ass over Goldberg in the Chamber" HHH?

50. Used to like Britta a lot then discovered it's cheaper to just buy the big containers of pure water

51. I was going to say, booking-wise, Edge's first title run wasn't the greatest, but ratings were HUGE for the night after New Year's Revolution. I wasn't too concerned that him losing the title right back to Cena was going to hurt his career, though. People still try to claim that Edge would have stayed out of the main event had RVD's arrest never happened, but that's bullshit. Edge basically enabled RVD to win the title in the first place in that ONS 2006 match, so clearly they were planning on keeping him in the title picture regardless.

52. That was awful and I hope you fall down a flight of stairs.

53. Agreed. The Batista storyline was one of the best slow-burns WWE had done in a long time.

54. It's the only answer since the two names mean nothing to me otherwise.

55. He's still front and centre in the on-air product and the top storylines always involve him. He's still the same dude.

56. I think he and Vince are currently having a Freaky Friday moment.

57. No, it shows he cares about money. Brock gives no fucks about "this business", time honored traditions, or respect.

If he could make more money another way, he would.

58. I hope Reigns loses and then dies on the way back to his home planet

59. While I like the idea of elevating the US and IC titles, this sounds like a bad idea. Ratings and interest in the product went down when Brock was not on TV. Also the U.S. and ICtitles have been treated like jokes for so long they are nowhere at the same level of prestige as the WWE title. They could be, but not right now.

60. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Britta is a wrestling fan. That helps her case.

61. I agree and I am sure the WWE agrees. He beat Daniel Bryan after he returned and eliminated him from the RR in addition to dominating Ambrose as you stated.

He lost to Cena last year and might lose to Taker, other than that he has been protected and kept strong.

62. Edge's character was one who really shouldn't have long reigns. He was an opertunistic who somehow kept getting back while being a step behind the top faces.

63. I'm fine with that with him individually because he shows ass and is an effective heel. The booking that keeps the Authority strong and renders stuff like Survivor Series irrelevant makes me feel like that's on the the SNL rejects in the writer's room.

64. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:14 AM

I'd never thought I'd say this, but is it possible that most of the stuff we "hate" HHH for is really Vince's fault? Not saying HHH is a saint, but Vince definitely has his M.O. and much of the Reign of Terror had his fingerprints all over it. I don't think HHH ships guys off to OVW in crates or humps corpses without Vince's approval and probably was under orders to do so. I can see Vince laughing his head off at Katie Vick, comparing it to an SNL sketch and wondering where his Emmy nomination is.

65. Right. And DX invading ending the war is purely an inside joke that they're going to repeat on every doc for the next 15 years just for lol's, Hunter's a saint!

66. Let's hope. That's the best possible "WrestleMania Moment" they could create for the show at this point.

67. I'm pretty sure all the stuff we've heard about Vince and the stupid shit he said on the podcast (Cesaro gets cheers but isn't connecting with the audience?) makes me think a lot of the ills start with him. He still rubber stamps everything on the main shows.

68. Hey, it's WCW fault for not seeing the money in Billy Gunn!

69. Yeah but he's been part of the booking team for a long time so he's still culpable for the shit that we see on RAW and Smackdown.

Recruiting talented wrestlers is great and NXT is fun...but until we see the dividends on the main show, it's all an illusion to me. We can blame Vince but the duo of Stephanie and HHH, as basically his second-in-commands, have to take some responsibility for the banal stuff we see on television.

70. History is written by the victors. Same as it ever was, same as it will ever be. That doesn't (or shouldn't) negate any of the positive things the victors do.

71. Annie. Because Alison Brie is funny and has an 10/10 rack

72. The least you can do is reference me by name, bub! But, I agree. Then again, since his mega-reign in 06-07, even Cena feels like he hasn't held the title for any lengthy period, and Punk never felt like a true top-tier star despite holding the title for 400 days. They just can't seem to book anything to feel meaningful anymore, so I am not sure length is the only problem.

73. I assume you mean the WWE Championship and in the last match? Otherwise Triple H did at WrestleMania 19, Orton did at 24, Chris Jericho did at 26, and Miz did at 27 (was WWE Championship and the last match). Previously, Triple H retained at WrestleMania 2000.

74. Hitler sure built a hell of a road didn't he.

75. Battle Kat LitterMarch 18, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Brock should be champion forever. I mean literally forever. I want him smashing everyone until he dies. And when he dies I want him buried with the WWE title and I want him to be smashing everyone in the afterlife (or smashing earth worms 6 feet under, whichever is your belief)

This is of course assuming Brock can be killed, which is open to debate

76. I'm an ass man

Yeah I'm an ass man (Yeah!)

I love to love 'em

I love to kick 'em

I love to shove 'em

I love to stick 'em

Love to flaunt 'em

I love to watch 'em

I love to pick 'em

And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man

Yeah, I'm an Ass man

Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

I'm an Ass Man

So many asses, so little time

Only a tight one, can stop me on the dime

I'm a lover, of every kind

The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I'm an Ass man

Yeah; I'm an Ass man

Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

I'm an Ass Man

Buns of glory,

Buns of steel

Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,

I feel the heat.

That's why the girls don't walk behind me down the street

I'm an Ass man

I love to pick 'em

And I'm gonna kick 'em

I'm an Ass man

Yeah; I'm an Ass man

Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

77. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:18 AM

I can't imagine that even his own daughter can tell Vince he's wrong consistently. And even if she can, she has to pick her battles (saying no to the incest angle, for example). Of course, there's the matter of whether or not she actually thinks he IS wrong...

78. I sing this during peggings.

79. Look at Roddy Piper. The guy never won a world title but he's arguably one of the top 10 most famous wrestlers of all time.

80. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Are these the actual lyrics?

81. We'll see-the company does know how to make these titles seem important when properly motivated. (See Jericho-Mysterio feud from 2009 as an example). The fact that these titles are even being contested at WrestleMania in at least semi-high-profile positions is encouraging.

82. Oh I'm sure he's culpable for the some of the things bogging down RAW, but I think he's the guy who's shown flashes of being a competent head honcho who wants a fucking wrestling product, something Vince hasn't shown in 14 years

83. But WE must always stand on the side of truth, no matter who the victor.

And the truth is.... Bret/Shawn at Mania 12 sucked.

84. I've been calling for weeks for them to double down on brock and have him destroy Reigns. This could also save Reigns if you build him as a guy who rose to far to fast and now has to regroup and over come. Hell let HHH book him just like Sammy Zayne as the guy who can't win the big one and people might actually start caring about him.

also I assume it would not be news every time Cole is "given a hard time" by Vince

85. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:20 AM

I want Brock's Wrestlemania entrance to be him descending from the sky like Galcatus.

86. You mean like every dirtsheet rumors ever ?

87. "Do you want me to say that again because I've said it a shitload of times tonight?......Yes sir.....Yes sir, understood....."

88. I loved when O+A would play this and they'd all be yelling "Yeah!" along with the chorus. Good times.

89. So are we going to get our hopes up that Lesnar wins at Mania, Bryan wins MITB, cashes in and beats Lesnar at SummerSlam, and "That was the plan all along!!!"?

90. Holy crap, Gregg Popovich just shredded his team for last night's loss.

91. exactly what I was thinking. and that has to be how at least 4 commercial breaks a show goes. cole isn't good but when I actually think about it I feel a little bad for the guy

92. It's one of those weird weather days in Seattle where it's 70 degrees in the sun but -20 in the shade.

93. Doctor FunkopolisMarch 18, 2015 at 9:22 AM

I think the parents would handle all of the bullying.

You know, in a nurturing way.

94. They lost to the Knicks at full strength. If anything, I thought Pops went easy.

95. That's true, enough. I have to agree with you there.

Although I'm still skeptical and believe we'll still be seeing a 60 year old HHH on-air authority figure ruling over the best and brightest in wrestling.

96. Edge's 11 reigns amounted to 548 days for an average of 49.8 days per reign. Perhaps why they feel more substantial is that those reigns were all between January 2006 (when he won his first WWE title) and April 2011 (when he retired as WHC), just over five years. Orton's reigns have been spread from August 2004 to April 2014, almost ten years. So even though he's been champion longer, they seem "thinner" because they're spread over twice as many years.

97. No.. No music no video no nothing. He walks out to the ring. 6 Germans and an F5. 1, 2 ,3. Gets up picks up the belt and walks to the back.

98. I'm sure he knows what a shill he comes across as, but he does what he's told. When he was paired with Tazz on SD with less Vince meddling (forced plugs, comedy tangents), he was a pretty good PBP guy.

99. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM

After that promo he cut Monday, I wholeheartedly agree. PPV is dead and they don't seem to care all that much about ratings anymore, so I'd rather have a part-time champ is over, credible and interesting than a full-time Roman Reigns boring people to death every week.

100. Yeah, I looked at the score last night and figured the B-team started. NOPE.

101. Yes on most of this--except it'd be tough to ever buy into Reigns as a Sami Zayn like underdog. Sami is likable and a natural underdog. Reigns would be better suited with becoming bitter and turning heel after his loss.

102. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Much like the wrestlers this has Pat Patterson's fingerprints all over it.

103. Most overrated match of all time, hands down. A bunch of rest holds and submission work that went nowhere because neither guy wanted to sell for the other. Just awful.

104. Hopefully Timmy and co. got the message that Pops decides on the days off, not the players.

105. "The best surprises always sneak up from behind".

Who else?

106. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I don't blame him.

107. It's one of those normal spring days in the Midwest where we bounce around from 80 to 60 to 50 in three days. We'll be back in the mid-60s by weekend.

108. That's fine too and would be the easier way to book it. I think if done properly and will some more experience people could sympathize with Reigns.

109. Jake Roberts, too. Either of those guys could have (and probably should have) headlined their own Hall of Fame classes.

110. Had it just been a title match that went 60 minutes it'd be the greatest main event ever. As it was it was just an Iron Man match with zero falls....terrible idea.

111. I did like Scott's idea ... Lesnar beats Reigns and he's so pissed off that he (and Ambrose) help Seth beat Lesnar and win the belt. That'll give you time to rebuild Reigns and do the Shield breakup right next time.

112. The Knicks could barely hang with UK at this point. Its an embarrasment to lose to that D-league squad

113. Also going over Brock is not going to get Reigns over. But if Brock kills Reigns and shocks the world again. When they finally do use someone like Rollins or Bryan to go over Brock..it will put them over huge.

114. Every winter I thank god I didn't take the job in Wyoming I was considering before I got this offer, seasons and I don't much get along

115. Oh he's not getting off TV as long as he's breathing , but if hes a head guy on a show that's on par with NXT, I can live with that.

116. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM

6? I want 32.

117. And that's not the University of Kentucky...that's the UK national basketball team!

118. Cloudy and chilly again in Iowa, after having almost 80 on Monday.

119. Also, Arn Anderson. Probably one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time. I mean, can anyone else seamlessly go from Ole to Tully?

120. no see then you are saying it takes 32 germans from brock to take down Reigns. how many did he need to beat Supercena? cut that in at least half for Reigns.

121. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Overkill is fun, Reigns goes out after the sixth but Brock goes on because he's awesome.

122. Yeah, that would be harsh unless you're the type of person who enjoys hunting.

123. I haven't been watching RAW, but judging by the recaps, it wouldn't shock me if they audible to a Brock win if he signs an extension. After all, another win against an assumed outcome like last year would further the Viking Space Lord mythos and make sure WM ends on a giant pop instead of a cascade of boos.

124. If you ever take a trip down to Greenwich, CT
    You better not whine
    Respect Vince’s orders
    Or get a hard time
    You'll be served a hard time
    You know the Big Boss Vince loves the company line
    You better spout it Mike or you'll be served a hard time.
    Vince has his ideas, like succotash and a ring
    Don’t want to mention it? Show up less than Sting
    Cause you will get a hard time
    You will get a hard time.
    You know the Big Boss Vince loves the company line
    You better spout it Mike or you'll be served a hard time.

125. I am ok if Brock goes Bane on him and lifts Reigns over his head and then breaks his back on his knee.

126. I mean, it's one thing to blow a lead after the Knicks get some improbably hot shooting in or something. But the Knicks didn't even play well and it was entire game of not being able to hang with them. Pretty embarrassing.

127. The town was only 40 miles or so from Yellowstone, so I convinced myself it wouldn't be too bad because at least I could camp Yellowstone whenever I wanted, but now I look at the weather reports there, they average like 20 inches a year, I remember seeing snow once....not a fan lol

128. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Is it a sign that for the second week in a row, Orton and Rollins were the focus of the first and last segments of RAW and not Reigns? In fact, isn't it weird that the supposed heir apparent rarely factors into the main show opening/ending segments at all?

129. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM

16 is fine. I want Reigns to be 6 inches shorter after the match.

130. It was definitely a case of a team checking out and looking ahead to a game they could get up for.

131. I'm working my way through Backlash 2002 after I just watched mania x8 and at about 90 minutes in, this is a decent little show. Angle/Edge was a damn good match that I completely forgot about. I remember HHH/Hogan being pretty bad, but looking forward to watching it just because.

132. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM

He rips his head, from that hole he takes Reigns' heart and eats it.

133. Love it. LOVE IT.

He's the biggest heel now because he beat Taker! He better win so the crowd doesn't boo!

Stunning work Creative. S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g.

134. Because you can't edit Roman shots like you can on SD

135. Completely destroying reigns would be the best way to get Reigns over. If it goes from fun beating to oh my god someone stop this you could pull Reigns for a while and bring him back sympathetic.

136. Mola Ram would be proud. BALEE JAHADO BALEE JAHADO

137. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:32 AM

"Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,

I feel the heat."

I'm reading this in Pat Patterson's voice.

138. I remember nothing about that show. Rock/Hogan at Mania was one of the most ungodly awesome things I've ever seen. The reaction for the hulking up was juse off the charts.

139. Duncan missed a huge clutch free throw and then threw a bad pass that led to a turnover that sealed the game.

140. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, but they're not even pretending that he's a main-event level star. I mean, his big handicap match win was immediately overshadowed by the Orton/Rollins blowup. He might as well have been Ziggler out there (with less heat, naturally).

141. Self-fulfilling prophecy

This is basically akin to my pushing my son out onto a football field before he learns to play and expecting him to throw like Brady. Then being upset with him because he doesn't.

142. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:33 AM

kali ma
    kali ma
    KALI MA!

143. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM

True, then rebuild him and have him ready for the rematch at next years mania.

144. I think they made a mistake by completely ignoring Brock when he wasn't there. They could be doing at home interviews, training montages, something. But when your champion is gone for months at a time and no one acknowledges it, it takes away from the title.

145. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Bring Sho'nuff to fight Brock, screw Reigns.

Who's the master?

SHO'NUFF.

146. These are all good signs that Vince is finally swallowing his pride and admitting what the fans were screaming to him about 2 months ago. It's too late to make Mania a great show but not to late to somewhat correct the direction of the company.

147. Thaddeus MountainMarch 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Being there was the single best sports moment I've ever experienced. It was unreal.

148. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM

It's rare that I see something and wish I'd been there to experience it live, but that moment counts.

149. Agreed. Hogan vs Rock has to be in my top ten mania matches. I know it's no Steamboat/Savage but the insane crowd reaction just takes it to another level.

150. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:35 AM

The beauty of this is that it's the 25th anniversary of that movie so Vince has probably just seen it for the first time.

151. Yup it was you. Too lazy to check, I admit.

Punk's reign is an entirely different story though. Despite being WWE champion, his matches were constantly being considered second to whatever Cena was doing. This includes that PPV where a CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan match went on BEFORE John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis.

Kind of hard to make Punk's mega-reign feel substantial when he's hardly ever main eventing shows.

152. If they could get him ready for that big a stage ...and handle his character better than they have..that could be huge.

153. I've been to some pretty big moments live, but nothing that can match hogan/rock. That must've been incredible.

154. Thaddeus MountainMarch 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM

25 in Schenectady and it feels like 4. But at least the sun is out!

155. Hi every BoDy!

156. That's awful.

157. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Shelton, bring the food.

158. Thaddeus MountainMarch 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Truth.

159. If they're giving up on Brock being a heel, and they're giving up on the Chosen One to defeat him...

Then they at least need to let someone get over in his absence. The fact that Seth hasn't been calling him out every week and redoing Jericho's "I'm now officially 12-0 against Brock!" gimmick is absurd. SOMEONE should be getting heat from all this nonsense.

160. Doctor FunkopolisMarch 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM

The Shogun of Harlem.

Presumably not the same Harlem that Booker T and Stevie Ray are from, since that one was in Texas.

161. Some Dean Ambrose NOPE goodness

162. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonMarch 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Goes back to what I said: Let taker mentor him and be in his corner for the rematch (in Texas) next year.

163. I said this yesterday and it made me wonder if Brock-Reigns is going on last. There's been way more focus on Rollins, Sting, Triple H and Orton the last two weeks.

164. agreed I'll never understand why they didn't do more with him and even old school satellite interviews from home I mean hell they could pretape those to get them perfect and then present them as live.

165. Someone is getting heat from all this. The problem is that their last name is McMahon.

166. Anytime someone on the BoD makes a stupid claim, this should be the reply:

167. eh...the problem there is they went back to undead taker...it really only works if he is MMA biker taker to be mentoring a guy.

168. Kevin Love is being really annoying; I'm not even sure that I want him back next year lol

169. Holy shit, I'd forgotten about this awesome visual:

170. "Also, these people are claiming that Roman Reigns is not receiving the
    crowd reaction that the company had expected and as a result, HHH is
    pushing the idea for Lesnar to retain at WrestleMania to Vince McMahon."

Since when is reality merely a claim?

171. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Show Lesnar killing bears with his fists.

172. Cena vs Orton,one more timeMarch 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM

The match that made me a wrestling fan.

173. Vince: "Ok guys, from now one we're pushing the IC and US titles."
    Creative #1: "Ok that's great Vince but what in the world are the IC and..."
    Creative #2: "Psst, shut up dude, it doesn't matter anyway, he'll forget by lunch."
    Creative #1: "Sounds great Vince! IS and UC titles are pushin! Or pushed? I don't even know how the carnie language works."

174. It's like Aloha

175. Don't worry, John Hollinger's PER formula last year said he is just as good as LeBron.

176. Is he doing or saying annoying things, or just playing like he's playing?

177. So beyond more time and experience what is the key to a good solo Roman Reigns character? The original same guy from the shield was too one note and not as cool taken out of being the cool strong silent type in a group with two crazys. We know zany spiking coffee prankstery Reigns didn't work. Rock Jr. Roman Reigns talking about speeding bullets bombed worst of all.

so what can be done with this guy to help him become an engaging character?

178. Did you hit her in the back of the head with it when she turned around?

179. He's the best! Mareese Speights should be in the Hall of Fame based on his PER!

180. He said today that his back had nothing to do with him sitting.

181. You're Jobber

Wouldn't a Jobber stigma be awesome, then?

182. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Send him to NXT for a year.

183. Heel turn. Let him be the big buff pretty boy that guys like us hate. It's so easy to do even God got it right.

184. I tried to.

185. Then turns around..."oh..hi didn't see you there...you know a lot of people ask me....." while blood is dripping from him and he has a bear jaw in his fist.

186. Ah so it's just his lack of defensive ability and general ability to disappear while on the court. Good to know.

187. Nah, those guys down there will make him look a LOT worse than he is.

188. Step on is take off the stupid flak jacket and put on actual wrestling gear.

189. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Corporate champion.

190. Hahaha, poor Roman spends a year in Florida only wrestling Adam Rose...poor guy, such awesome highs to such tragic lows

191. I say let him go and use the money saved to get someone who can actually play defense.

192. yea.,... that is kind of what I was thinking. Have Brock destroy him and he turns bitter heel who is super motivated and just starts destroying anyone that gets in his way.

193. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM

The riot gear is different, no.

194. If they'really going to steal the Reno Reigns look and name from Renegade, they should go full Monty and give him a bounty hunter background.