BoD Wednesday Night Thread

NXT, NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, MLB, and generally whatever else you want to talk about.

Comments

1. Thaddeus MountainApril 29, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Curious as to how many of the men in the audience at the John Mayer concert attended simply to get dat ass?

2. I could watch Kevin Owens murder Alex Riley all day.

3. Mayer's ass?

30%

4. I do like that after last week's pull-apart between Zayn and Owens that I said could never be matched on the main roster, Ziggler and Sheamus went out yesterday and one-upped it.

5. I can't tell if losing the beard would improve Owens' look or make it worse.

6. The only drawback to living that thug life (with regards to watching wrestling online) is when your stream is 5 minutes behind everyone elses.

7. All. All the men.

8. The Rock doesn't like queers strudel.

9. Regal is how Authority figures should be!

10. That was painful to watch sixteen years later.

11. Ehhhhhhh, authority figure bureaucracy was exactly the kind of thing I went to NXT to get away from.

12. Goddammit, Owens nearly killing Regal in a match to add heat needs to happen!

13. Regal periodically shows up in angles, just to sort things out. He's not there to dominate proceedings and stuff.

14. I want to like Owens, but he has no presence outside of matches.

15. This is great scumbag heel work by Owens.

16. Alright, NXT! And only 12 minutes after it actually started!

17. Zayn just came off like a way bigger star there.

18. Fuck, was really hoping KO snapped and attacked Regal there

19. Mitch, The GodfatherApril 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Curious to see what draft shenanigans happen tomorrow. If Cleveland does its two picks to get Mariota, I wish he could pull an Elway and refuse to go there.

20. Carmella has a weird head.

21. Carmella...drooooooooooooooooooooooool

22. Blake and Murphy are basically Reddit users.

23. I know a lot of people don't, but I like the NXT belt. I like the fact that the plates are just solid gold.

24. Thaddeus MountainApril 29, 2015 at 6:17 PM

She doesn't do anything for me. Alexa Bliss, though? I'd punch a baby for some of that.

25. Holy crap, yeah.

26. Sami is just dripping presence.

27. That was a nerve wracking first period.

28. Stranger in the AlpsApril 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM

I really dislike the home plate rule about collisions. Through the annals of time, home plate collisions have been part of the game. I don't mind the banning of agressive, shoulder/head first collisions since we're in a concussion-conscious era, but banning collisions outright is taking away from the game, in my opinion.

29. "Turd best"

Lol

30. Well, it could be worse. Bayley only had her headbands stolen. At least she didn't have her clothes taken, like Paige did a few weeks ago, eh?

31. The Orioles played in an empty stadium today. Would have loved to have seen that.

32. Oprah NoodlemantraApril 29, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Every time I hear Murphy, I picture that lug from TNA that was with Gunner.

33. Oprah NoodlemantraApril 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Stealing headbands?! The audacity! THAT is a heel!

34. 20 percent, the rest were dragged by their girlfriends.

35. Thaddeus MountainApril 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

The fact that the catcher can't block the plate is ludicrous. His job is to protect the plate and not give up a run.

36. I saw highlights. Pretty awkward.

37. Oprah NoodlemantraApril 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Dana Brooke: Flex, Pose, Rub, Repeat

38. You can make a tag without blocking the plate.

39. Why does Dana Brooke look like a cracked-out Jem?

40. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Because she's truly outrageous.

41. It's a shame Jungle/Drum & Bass never took off in the US before it burned out and descended into self parody. It would make for a much better entrance music genre than dubstep.

42. Dana Brooke looks like she's wearing a mop as a wig.

43. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Dana Brooke should have a Raggedy Ann gimmick.

44. Oprah NoodlemantraApril 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Who is the Andy?

45. Oh dear god, the distraction finishes are spreading to the good show!

46. A distraction finish that's actually executed well and advances the story? #RyanWard2MainRoster

47. At least it led to a finisher instead of a roll up.

Also it advanced something.

48. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

So here's the wrestling-related rap I wrote/performed for one of the recent YouTube videos for my car show:

49. I maintain that Cass can be a star when he gets called up. Enzo has nothing outside the spiel.

50. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I wanted to see if I could throw in the lamest possible pun I could think of.

51. Cass=Test
    Enzo=Santino

52. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM

To be fair, neither did Road Dogg.

53. Stranger in the AlpsApril 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I agree with this. Now, I don't think the runner should give the catcher a spear or a flying shoulder block to dislodge the ball, but I do think the catcher should be able to protect his plate.

54. They're going to get over pretty big when they get to the main roster. Then they'll get split up for no reason and it'll all go to hell for both guys.

55. Stranger in the AlpsApril 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Chris Davis hits a HR and there is nobody to chase it down. Really surreal.

56. Cass could easily fill the same roles that the likes of Barrett & Sheamus do now. Which isn't great, but it's better than a lot of guys get.

57. Dana had a much better original theme planned. If anyone saw that video that Steph took at the San Jose show, she used it there.

58. Kenta did other things besides kick in RoH right?

59. Dick Tracy the movie is on.

Lots of stars from the earlier era was in it.

Beatty obvious, but also Paul Sorvino, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, James Caan, William Forsythe, Dick Van Dyke (!), and of course, Madonna.

60. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Oh sweet Jesus, an official Angela White fleshlight now exists!

Be still my throbbing erection.

61. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:44 PM

And that little kid who was in fucking everything in the 90s.

62. Have fun fucking a flashlight.

63. A few.

64. I like that NXT just swiped the one part of TNA production I liked.

65. It's crazy that NXT devotes so much time to giving their women's wrestlers actual gimmicks and characters. Meanwhlie, the main roster's Divas are mostly interchangeable and pretty much fit the same character template.

66. You know, Bayley IS over, it might be ok to occasionally use her as something other than a great big jobber. I know it advanced the story tonight, but still.

67. Well, that was.... Something. Some asshole in line behind me was physically threatening his girlfriend because I think he got the order wrong. Drove over the curb out of the line and started yelling at her and doubling up his fist like he was going to hit her, and calling her a bitch and saying he was going to kill her.

68. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Don't be a hero.

69. Whoooooooooa, teasing Rhyno and Corbin? That could be a crazy good brawl if they're both on their A-game.

70. Man, I used to rent a basement from this little lunatic fireman and he would have his girlfriend over all the time and just ream her out constantly over anything.

71. There was 2 other guys with him. I'd have to fight like 3 dudes but man, I wanted to kick him in the face so bad.

72. "You don't disrespect me, you don't go over the table."

Sounds simple enough.

73. She probably did it on purpose.

74. He ordered, but I think she started pestering him about it and how stuff was wrong and he just flies off the handle.

75. Hopefully they don't make it a thirty second squash for Corbin.

76. They both sound horrible. Was she hot?

77. Owen's is just kind of blending into the bland announcing.

78. Eh. I wouldn't complain if I were tapping it.

79. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I've fucked worse.

80. I'd say he'd fit in on the main roster in that respect, but if he threatens to kill Michael Cole every time he grabs a headset, he'll be my favorite wrestler ever.

81. Fair enough. But was she hot enough to bitch at you for messing up an order in front of your friends?

82. Alex Riley's TKO right there reminds me of how awful Mero's was.

83. I wish he'd do that. He's saying badass heel things but he's saying them in the meekest way possible.

84. You know Riley's got nothing when even Zayn's struggling to get a good match out of him.

85. He's a soft-spoken killer. I can dig that.

86. Was he a musclehead? Cuz if so, ROIDS

87. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! God, can we please make Owens murdering Riley a recurring weekly segment?

88. Kick his fucking teeth in, Sami

89. Watching smackdown and loving New Day.

90. That's a very disproportionate response to an incorrect order.

91. There's soft spoken and there's "just a guy."

I wish he had a little more presence behind the soft spokenness.

92. He reminds me of billy gunn. He's got a good look but sucks in the ring.

93. Billy was better in the ring by a lot.

94. Well from bobby's comment below it sounds like he fucked up her order and she started bitching. Still ott but hey, it was in front of his friends so who knows?

95. Hair down Lana!!!

96. Rhyno's promos are better when he's threatening to eat guys faces and shit them out.

97. $100 for the mayweather-paciao fight is insane

98. Looks like Renee Young hit up the spray tan

99. Stephen A. Smith disagrees.

100. I'm just gonna pay 5 bucks cover charge and watch it at a bar.

101. Biscuit in response: rub, repeat

102. I'll watch it illegally online

103. i think about this alot when i go on wwe.com but how does the creative team create so much content.. i almost think things like "kane photos u werent supposed to see" r things that hurt the overall product.

104. Xavier makes it go. I hope they don't let anyone get to him for a while.

105. Its the probably the last boxing fight people will be excited to see for a long time so I kind of want to see it in a public setting for that reason.

106. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Same. I'd watch it online, but I'd rather watch it with other people. Also, the quality will likely be patchy as shit.

107. hi is kane good

108. If they had built up Canelo Alvarez for a little while longer, they could have had a big money fight on their hands there, but they just had to blow that wad early.

109. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Hi. No.

110. Do now Chicago is trying to move Bennett. Anyone need a good tight end with attitude problems?

111. Anyone know a good way to prevent/remove callus from my hands?

112. BWW is charging $20. Thought about going there, but yeah no.

113. I think we've found the bob cat e-mailer!

114. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Seeing old Attitude Era shows makes me appreciate just how good the midcard is now, and how the overall quality of work is miles ahead of past eras. No more 20-minute draws between Dino Bravo and Hercules, or 10 minute stinkers between Mabel and Jeff Jarrett. Or 3-minute time fillers between D-Lo and Gangrel.

115. You just piqued the Jets' interest.

116. Never thought to try it but it's worth a shot.

117. Woah 20!!! Damn I better make sure the sports bar I go to for ufc isn't charging 20 because fuck that.

118. This might be the best top to bottom roster they've ever had.

119. Gangrel's entrance WAS pretty awesome, though.

120. That time Cena used it was even better.

121. The roster is better but they don't do anything with them. Look at the KotR field. It's such a waste that it may as well be Mabel and Dino Bravo

122. He's got to be worth a third or fourth round right?

123. It feels like we're turning a corner lately. It at least feels like everybody's doing something now.

124. This should build to Owens running over Riley with a combine harvester.

125. Boxing is dead in the USA after mayweather and manny retire. No other guys bring in the fans especially the heavyweights

126. I'm getting it but I'm splitting it with four other dudes that are watching at my house. Worth it when you factor in the cash saved on booze

127. In fact that Dino vs Herd mid card is even better because its booked to actually matter and just fill time between stuff that does.

128. How long has Klitcho been champion? Does anyone even want the belt?

129. 8 years I think.

They all try but they can't beat him

130. Make the twins fight each other!

131. He didn't work out there? Loved his year on the Giants. Kinda a flake but in a fun way for them

132. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Seriously, pick any two guys and tell them to go do ten minutes in the ring, and it'll likely be a good match. You really can't say that about past rosters.

133. Everybody has at least moderate charisma too.

Like I get what each guys personality is. No more generic guys.

134. Is he even good or is the division just that bad?

135. Yes. Most disproportionate entrance to overness ever

136. He was good but Fox is cleaning house.

137. Both.

I think the guys who could have been the great boxers are now in the ufc or NFL

138. (Not sure if Ray Rice joke)

139. Lennox might have had a chance if he'd been 5 years younger when they fought. He still busted him up worse than anyone else since.

140. But he's not as good as like Tyson, Lewis and that generation is he?

141. Not only am I kicking it with my best friend/love interest all weekend for Avengers, but she just scored us box seats for the Giants game on Saturday.

I just want to tell her in my best Brother Love voice IIIIII LUUUUUUUUV YOUUUUUUU

142. Lewis lost to him?

143. That's the tragic thing about the awful booking, they're so fucking loaded with talent.

144. Dude, hate to say it but you're probably forever stuck in the friend zone.

145. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Sounds like the Avengers isn't the only disappointment you'll suffer this weekend....HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

146. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Time to take it to the next level.

147. I don't think we can honestly say. He's been very dominant the last decade but hasn't had the great fights like Ali, Holyfield, bowe, etc

148. Is she the one with herpes?

Watch out for the herpes.

149. He's just like 6''10.

We need a weight class cap for heavyweight. It's like Corolla said:

"We have a problem with a 175 pound guy fighting 185 pound guy but we're okay with a 240 pound guy fighting a 320 pound guy."

150. Last time I watched a heavyweight title fight was when the David Tua hype was in full force. He disappeared quickly. Does he still box?

151. Looking at it again, Lewis actually won that fight. I remembered it as a draw. Klitschko couldn't answer the bell for a round because his eye was bleeding too much. The scorecards were about even though.

152. Chaz or whatever is getting kicked out of locker rooms for allegations of spousal abuse, meanwhile Jarrett is out there giving the figure four to every woman in site and ain't shit happening to him.

153. Ha well see about that. We're getting in that Pam/Jim late S2 DANGER ZOOOOOONE

154. Cactus Jack all the way! BANG BANG!

155. cabspaintedyellowApril 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM

How you know if you're in the friendzone:

[ ] She pats you on the back during hugs.
    [ ] She goes to movies with you, but leaves a one seat buffer
    [x] Jorah Mormont is your drinking buddy.

156. Nope, clean as an angel. I hope.

157. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Cactus Jack's WWF debut in MSG is still one of my favorite Raw moments/matches ever.

158. Doesn't the Olympics have the super heavyweight?

159. But dominating this heavyweight division is like being the tallest midget. Or being john Cena

160. Hitting women is ok as long as you're not married?

161. Having fat guys box is a great idea. No downside to that

162. Burt, gonna finish Daredevil tonight. Three straight episodes after I finish this ppv.

163. There's also the 105lb, 108lb, 112, and so on. Like there's a big difference between 140 and 145 weight classes

164. Spoiler: Matt dies.

165. I will say one thing about the Attitude Era...it had some pretty awesome entrance music (Gangrel, Ministry Undertaker, Triple H's My Time to name a few).

166. The difference of course is that nobody gives a shit about these superior athletes. Match quality is irrelevant without the draw. Jerry Lawler circa 1978 could show up with a not very expanded moveset and be the top draw.

167. I never liked Foleys car crash music. The music he used as Cactus Jack in the WWF was much better.

168. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Sweet! The last 3 episodes get pretty insanely intense.

They'll have you screaming "THIS COULD HAVE BEEN GOTHAM" at the top of your lungs.

169. Well as long as you don't have her up on a pedestal or anything.

Best of luck!

170. Best theme was dude love

171. Hellooooo ladies!!!

172. I been screaming that since Gotham premiered.

173. I watched ep 5 last night. I have to say that it was my least favourite to date.

174. Foley and Edge & Christian was always gold.

175. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Falls Count Anywhere isn't my bag baby. It's not really a looooove thing. But I know someone whose bag it indeed is!

176. You only need one good wrestler to make a good match. If a guy could carry Hacksaw Duggan, they were gold because Hacksaw made the people care. So far Neville seems to be getting people to care, which matters more than the Red Arrow.

177. Well be thick as thieves no matter how this turns out. I'll just let it play out and see where it goes.

178. What yall watching? Won't join because I'm watchjng Parks and Rec but if I know the show I can contribute!

179. Might be the best TItantron too.

180. I'm watching unforgiven 99 because that's where I'm at on my Raw replays..

181. Well I meant there is a wrestling show peeps be watching

182. Some Mick Foley special.

183. Ah that's not a BAD show. It's a weird time between the Austin era and the 2000 golden age.

184. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Where you at in Parks?

185. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM

His car crash was my least favorite until the backstage skit with Edge & Christian where they were doing kazoo lyrics for wrestler music and after Foley laid a verbal beat down on them he did his own "Foley is...the commissioner!"

186. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Fall of 1999 was a massive improvement over spring and summer of 99.

187. John Cena comes out for his weekly US Title open challenge.
    "...come get some!" And out comes NXT champion Kevin Owens.
    Owens throws Cena around for five minutes, Cena makes the comeback, and Rusev runs in for the DQ.
    Good idea/bad idea?

188. Jarrett getting pummeled by Mae Young and Moolah. He must be out of here after this, right?

189. Debra really seemed to like the idea of her boobs being snuggled there.

190. No Mercy was his last appearance