Monday Night Open Mic

Howdy Blog O'Doomers!

This weekend has been exhausting. The weather today is spawning little tornadoes right and left so let's just go to the TV update.

RAW is Live and it's the Extreme Rulz go home show....this might be the most least hyped post-Wrestlemania show in recent memory.

NBA Playoffs is Bucks-Bulls early and Warriors-Pelicans late.

NHL Playoffs is Rangers-Pens, Blues-Wild, Ducks-Jets in that order of appearance.

MLB has a lot of games and shockingly the Yankees are on ESPN tonight.

New episodes of Gotham and Bates Motel and The  Voice and American Dad and other stuff.

Enjoy the evening, keep it clean!

Comments

1. ╔╗──╔╗
    ║╚╗╔╝║
    ║║║║║╠═╦══╦═╩╗╔╣║╔╦═╗╔══╣║
    ║╚╝╚╝║╔╣║═╣══╣║║║╠╣╔╗╣╔╗╠╝
    ╚╗╔╗╔╣║║║═╬══║╚╣╚╣║║║║╚╝╠╗
    ─╚╝╚╝╚╝╚══╩══╩═╩═╩╩╝╚╩═╗╠╝
    ─────────────────────╔═╝║
    ─────────────────────╚══╝

(I doubt I'll watch all the wrestling.)

2. Trash of the Titans. One of the best Simpsons eisodes. Fun to see U2 rip on each other. And Steve Martin - well - that goes without saying.

3. Steve Austin walks into a bar and sits next to Kenny Dykstra.

Kenny: What's wrong, Steve? You look down.
    Austin: John Cena stole the Stunner from me.
    Kenny: You got off easy, pal!

4. I'd like a Phoenix Marie splash, please.

5. I'll have a Beth Phoenix, I guess.

6. SCORCHING 7min 20sec hot take

7. Totes.

It makes zero sense, the Curb Stomp is like the safest bump in the world, it's a 1-2 foot face bump, I could do that shit. If it was Ryback doing it? Yeah, I'd be worried, but this is Seth Rollins...he doesn't fuck up.

8. I think he needs a better finish anyway, but he isn't bouncing dudes' heads off the mat.

9. The first gen dX shirts with the blobby red X are awful.

10. Any guesses if the ratings go up or down from the previous week? I'm thinking down again, with a three hour average of 3.5 million.

11. I've been wondering why it's taken them so long to do this, actually. If this is true, I find it sort of hard to argue against.

12. Dead stupid children are good for the gene pool but bad for stock prices. One guess which Vince cares more about.

13. For PR reasons, banning their champion's head trauma-risking move makes perfect sense, rather than some chump no one cares about.

14. If the ratings continue to tank, that means, a) more McMahons and family and b) Randy Orton winning the title on Sunday because they'll blame Seth Rollins for the ratings tank. Woe-is-us.

15. OT: Pull up the iron chef Japan taro battle and tell me that guy isn't a sex offender. I dare you.

16. Down down down and it'll be all Rollins' fault. Along with some Vince imaginings that disappointed citizens of the Roman Empire turned off in droves after WM.

17. Reds and Brewers are free on MLB.TV just in case you'd like to see how the cellar of the NL is going.

18. Up. It's a live Raw. The taped Raws always do poorly.

19. Oh yeah, forgot about that. Though wasn't last week's taped merely hours in advanced? Does that short turn around really negatively effect the ratings?

20. Now it's time for The Joy of Sect.
    "The Leader is good. The Leader is great. We surrender our will as of this date."
    "Homer no function beer well without."

21. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBIQp1KQM0

An Eagles fan take on Tebow.

22. I like Lance Storm's take on banning moves. "How about instead of banning dangerous moves, we ban dangerous workers? I'd rather take 50 piledrivers from a guy like Finley than let one unskilled worker put an armbar on me."

23. But those ridiculous duelling headbutt spots that Bryan and Ziggler had been doing? A-OK.

24. I always remember articles about ratings during the Monday Night War that showed no meaningful difference over the long term between taped and live shows, I don't know.

25. I believe that, I remember reading RAW reports when they taped every other week, and generally would be excited to see what was described. Though, it did hurt the notion that any wrestler could jump ship and appear on the rival show at any time.

26. Seriously. That's up there with them putting Daniel Bryan in tag matches to protect him.....after putting him in a ladder match against guys he's not feuding with for a title people didn't want to see him compete for at the biggest show of the year.

27. He's not going to make the team as a third stringer. And I like the guy but you have to be realistic.

28. National Geographic's series on the '80s (the decade that made us) and 90s (the last great decade?) are fantastic.

29. I'm not surprised. A slip and botch of this move could horrifically injure someone.

30. Will they also ban the tombstone and pedigree? Or have those guys earned enough icepacks to keep their moves?

31. I was shocked that they approved the Curb Stomp name given its use in the movie, and that an actual curb stomp is a pretty vile act.

32. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Predator or Alien?

33. I guess we won't be seeing Seth taking on any of the New Day members.

34. As far as I could tell, Seth was just lightly pushing on the opponent's back with his foot.

35. 1. Predator
    2. Aliens
    3. Alien
    4. The rest

36. Rollins has about eleven billion other moves to choose from. I assume he'll switch back to the Skywalker. I'd like to see God's Last Gift make a comeback though.

37. "Nobody cares about your Arby's runs, son!"

38. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I mean the character, not the movies.

39. Technically, the tombstone can be done without the head touching the mat. Kane and Pete Rose may provide the most glaring example. The pedigree can be modified so that the guy can use his arms to absorb most of the impact; Hunter just has to release the arms earlier.

40. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Predator takes the mask off

Arnie: YA ONE UGLY MUTHAFUCKA.

41. Makes sense.

Now, if they'll stop letting people throw those 800 lb stairs like darts at guys' heads...

Also, jumping DDTs? Fuck that move.

42. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:28 PM

TRUCE

43. Predator, the character. Alien, the movies.

44. That take was like the title of Barry Windham's SlamJam theme...SMOKIN!

45. Alien, but not Prometheus.

46. The Western Union rewind on this ep of '98 Raw (Outlaws throwing Funk and Cactus off the ramp in the dumpster) was Kurrigan putting some jobber in the claw, then dragging him by his face up the ramp and through the curtain. It was great. By far best thing in Kurrigan's career.

47. Pretty sure WWE might lose about 33% of their roster with that strategy.

48. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:29 PM

TRUCE.

49. I have something to say.

I fucking hate doing homework.

Seriously. Losing every last fuck i have to give when it comes to school. Yet, I carry on. I refuse to keep calm though.

Jerks.

50. Since last year.

51. I think they missed the boat on Kurrigan. He had a weird charismatic look about him and I heard he is a sweet and tranquil guy outside the ring. PS, I loved the Oddities.

52. I remember that Kurrgan thing so well.

53. Move to be TBS so Seth can get a little more raunchy on a cable network. But I haven't seen one episode since the move. So it's either Hulu or Adult Swim somewhere down the road.

54. The Oddities had no right to be as momentarily over as they were, but I loved them just the same. It was also perfect post-Bam Bam role for Luna and post-Shark role for Earthquake.

55. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I know it's overused but I get goosebumps everytime I hear "O Captain My Captain"

56. Cue up the top-rope Steiner Screwdriver as his new finish and I'll be ok with this.

57. Is Gotham any good? I've resisted watching due to finding the idea of a Batman show with no Batman a bit too Smallsvillesy.

58. You should change your name to Burt Macklin, Man Without Penis.

59. HHH gets all up in Lillian Garcias face and she does a legit sell job of being shaken up, complete with a trembling mic and everything.

60. Earthquake - talk about a sweet and tranquil guy. Now I'm all verklempt. I didn't know how to process his face turn as Earthquake when he was so destructive as a heel. But someone here pointed he would just smile and that made it all good.

61. he should bring back a older move. Anybody using the stone cold stunner?

62. Considering Taker and HHH work one match a year, and Kane has been using the chokeslam almost exclusively, I think they're fine.

63. I saw Predator once.

I've never seen the Alien pictures.

64. Man, I hate bunnies. Hoppity little bastards.

65. WWE reportedly doesn’t want its top star to be doing that move every night and they also don’t want to be showing it in past clips or videos anymore.

The funniest part about this--if true--is it means they cannot and will not show the finish to Wrestlemanai!

66. Just watched the latest Jurassic World trailer. I like that they've ignored science and not ruined the dinosaurs by putting feathers all over them.

67. Yeah, the feathers thing has ruined dinosaurs for me.

68. School for what?

69. To be fair, you can say the same thing about most moves.

70. At least we got the Brontosaurus back.

71. there are no safe moved for kids to emulate. you can break somebody' neck with a misstimed Stunner

72. I pretty much choose to believe those discoveries don't exist lol.

Of course, part of the deal with Jurassic Park is how the dinosaurs are really historically inaccurate facsimiles of the real dinosaurs. The book dives deeper into this.

73. every single move...you can land on your head from a botched hiptoss

74. Upon a Burning Body, Butcher Babies, and In This Moment was one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen. Complete show.

75. Need to have an entertaining Raw. I'm guessing a shit ton of Authority tonight though.

76. I've read the first two books, I don't know if he did any more. The second book was pretty terrible though so I'm not that bothered about finding out.

77. Good day today?

78. Brontosaurus was my jam back in elementary school. Pterodactyl too.

79. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Just studying little.

80. No Bryan tonight.

81. Who's the old dude doing the RAW pre-show?

82. Stephanie?

83. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Machiavelli's Prince.

84. I liked the Pachycephalosaurus because it had a stupid name and a reinforced head for smacking things.

85. Brock landed on his neck during a shooting star press, and he was fine. Maybe we should let social Darwinism take its course.

86. If Stephanie starts doing the pre-show on top of the 2-4 segments she's on RAW, it's time to move on to something else.

87. Network is so weird. Have to wait until after Raw to watch Rock n Wrestling. And it looks like it may be just one episode.

88. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Banning the curb stomp is like suspending the nerdy kid to keep bullies from picking on him.

89. I moved on a year ago.

90. It got marginally decent around midseason, as they veered away from the "You know Batman? Here's this guy/girl he'll know some day". Last week's was pretty bad though

91. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM

One thins could've made the Brock SMASH segment better, Brock F5's Stephanie twice.

92. I can probably tell you the entire Rock n Wrestling right here without waiting. Don't ask me about my files at work but I can recall RnW without problems.

93. Good book. Haven't read in years though

94. Renee humoring the New Day is pretty funny.

95. I still like to hope I'll find a class like that someday instead of mouthy little shits that make me hate my job

96. A knockoff Kirsten Dunst?!!! You SUCK Big E!

97. Heh. I was just going to share it with my daughter. Not happening tonight.

98. So the New Day are just losing it? I can live with it.

99. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM

LMFAO. Somebody saw Marine 4 and transcribed the entirety of Summer Rae's role. If true, I have no choice but to see this movie now.

100. Or if she didn't want to take that bump, have her in the ring with the whole "put him down, I'm the alpha male of this company" and he swings whoever that was into her

101. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Modern History class, reading for the second time.

102. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

But that would be inaccurate. And I am no liar.

103. More stuff to censor on the Network!

104. I just feel like aside from "Don't Try this at Home" PSA's there is not much that can be done to police the children watching at home from trying moves. Arbitrarily banning moves isn't going to stop anything, and anyone who thinks it does is foolish.

Maybe the problem--yet again--is Michael Cole & JBL. Perhaps chuckling through 90% of the action instead of portraying it as a dangerous combat sport (like JR) is the problem. I mean, trying to give your kid brother is fine--JUST HAVIN FUN!!!

105. "Ween" Dean AndrewsApril 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Face turn incoming.

106. Outstanding!

107. That's good. Should be a piece of cake for you to get a good grade on a paper/test

108. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:55 PM

That's some kind of wonderful.

109. Makes perfect sense to me.

110. I am guessing you are not talking about Uncle Jesse's night school class.

111. The Marky Mark John Cena joke in that trailer was pretty funny on a few levels. I guffawed.

112. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:55 PM

They never had "it" to begin with. I mean, sure, they were with it once. But then they changed what "it" was. And now what they're with isn't "it," and what's "it" seems weird and scary to them! And it'll happen to you!

113. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Did we ever had a honorable heel in the last few years. A bad guy but has a moral code.

114. AC/DC is Vince's favorite band (according to Jericho's book), Steph should come to the ring to "Big Balls", it seems appropriate these days.

115. Wait, what? O Captain's been used other than Dead Poets Society?

116. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I'm like Mark Whalberg if he ate Mark Whalberg.

117. One of Harbaugh's players said he wore out his welcome by pushing the team too hard and the player was like "Dude, we already got over the mountain, stop."

No you didn't, idiot. You went to three conference title games and had jack shit to show for it. To quote Singletary, cannot win with them, can't do it.

118. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Brock murders without discrimination.

119. Looks like his role is kinda small though.

120. Well since heels don't really bother cheating any more....all of them? (from my WWE centric perch)

121. Dude, we both know rollins been a face for months.

This is the seal though

122. Wait? It was used in more than just Full House?

123. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM

He cheated in some matches.

124. It is. And he's lead sports anchor for WPIX-New York. Vince has always been parcial to the NY market.

125. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM

I was mostly being facetious. An honorable heel would be awesome, so it's only natural we don't have any.

126. Have fun at the bottom of the NFC West, boys!

127. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Ariel Winter can get it.

128. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:58 PM

"We already got over the mountain"

Does Seattle call it's dick the mountain?

129. Ha, christ, I don't remember it in Full House. Though my viewings were like 9-ish years old and I probably didn't care about the poetry angle at that age

130. Which player?

131. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Jericho in 2008 was actually right in what he said he was just a dick about it.

132. And she's on the cover! Amazing!

133. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Winter is coming!

EXCEPT NOT IF SHE DATES ME THOUGH.

Shit, I said the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet.

134. Rusev is probably the closest.

135. I've enjoying a lot of the DC tv shows, even if Constantine was a little less gritty than a series based on Hellblazer should be, so I was hoping it'd be better. Dont know why they don't just make a young Batman show, Afleck is suppose to be playing an older Batman anyway (plus I've a feeling Dawn of Justice will tank from trying to force all the development, Marvel spent years putting into Avengers, into one movie turning it into an overloaded mess.

136. What bugged me about that interview was that he would never be specific about what Harbaugh was asking of them. It came off as whining about working hard.

137. Bet she loves being taken off the road when she was relatively hot for that. At least if it's a bigger role, you could theoretically pad a demo reel

138. They still cheat just they do it by having run ins and interference instead of the crafty methods.

139. Having just seen it for the millionth time, I'll say this about the Fingerpoke of Doom: it was one of the hardest bumps Nash ever took.

140. All children are stupid--it has to be trained out and outgrown. The smart ones are, in fact, sometimes the stupidest.

141. I love Rollins, he's such a slimy douche.

142. ... and now the wheels are completely off that wagon. I could never figure out how Harbaugh pissed off so many people while still being the winningest coach during his tenure not named Belichick.

143. Um... Wow. Yes please.

144. I heard that Seth Rollins finisher has just been..

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Kicked to the curb.

...YEEEEEEAAAAAHHH

145. Punk played that role pretty well, even if he got cheered while being a heel.

146. I hope they pull a 2008 Lions.

147. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I guess winning isn't everything if you make your players work hard after they get over the mountain(aka not win the Super Bowl)

148. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Shit, I thought 18.

*Boner deflates*

149. Extreme Rules Pillow Fight.

At this rate in 5 years, the only moves allowed will be punches and kicks.

Roman Reigns must be thrilled at the prospect.

150. Rollins should have stipulated "No Shitting in Gym Bags"

151. cabspaintedyellowApril 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I really need to check google next time before declaring who can/cannot get it.

152. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM

2009 Punk is a good one. He cashed in the same way he did the year before and got cheered then but booed now because he cashed in on a druggie.

153. I will say this- in the promo photos for the movie with her hair like in a braid she looks amazing. Could definitely get it.

154. So Randy can get disqualified in a cage match? Lame!

155. Arbitrary interview in the cage?

156. Front and center Orton isn't helping me get back to week to week viewing again

157. ThebrazilianpsychoApril 20, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Because WWE.

158. I'd love to see ONE person pick "both your arms are cuffed behind your back and your shoes are tied together." Something like that to show they're smarter than the average bear.

159. So the curb stomp is banned in real life, but the RKO is storyline banned... This main event is looking as bad as the main event to WM 31 looked on paper, so we must got another MOTYC coming up.

160. Legal in this country, but I'm too old for that young.

161. Rollins' stip should have been that Orton can only wear his gear during matches for the rest of the year.

162. I'm 38 and I've lost my taste for young women. But I LOVE some fucking cougars. The difference in the quality of sexy is unreal.

163. I can't remember the last time so many perverts looked forward to someone's 18th birthday.

164. They shouldn't have ever made that a move in the first place. So wrong.

165. I hope you feel bad when Ambrose loses to this mystery man

166. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Rollins/Orton Steel Cage is so easy dammit. Why add in DQ stips? Heebus.

167. That was like this super hot chick who would wait at the same bus stop as me, when I used to take transit to work. Imagined a few times what the sex would be like, then found out a few months later that she just turned 18. Oops.

168. Burt Macklin, Man Without FearApril 20, 2015 at 6:06 PM

\_0___/

169. That is you I just added as a FB friend, isn't it?

170. Ok, I've got about a half-hour before I have to leave for tonight's Angels game. And this company's going to eat 20 of those minutes up with the opening promo. Goddamn them.

171. STEEL CAGE INTERVIEW!!

172. Orton doesn't go straight for his bitch exemption, very reserved.

173. The Olsen twins. There was even a website dedicated to counting down to it.

174. "That's a scary feeling to be in a cage, I've been in there." - JBL

Must. Not. Make. Prison Rape. Joke.

175. I had to check earlier after watching yesterdays Mad Men

176. Rollins: It's a schooner!
    Orton: You dumb bastard.

177. "He can get his fingers caught!" - Cole

178. Can't wait for the Tickle Match.. who will tap out first?

179. I have watched WWE since 1993, and I have to say Randy Orton is the worst main event babyface I've ever seen.

180. I keep thinking Orton is wearing a Venom band shirt.

181. Now Hulk Hogan could do a promo in cage. Remember in WCW when he hung upside down in one and rubbed raw hamburger over the cage while screaming about his opponent?

182. Are the voices in Randy's head expressed in monotone?