BoD Thursday Night Thread

We have Smackdown and MLB action tonight. Plus, watch a PPV in the nightly thread or talk about anything else going on tonight here.

Comments

1. I GOT ONE!!!!!!

*RUNS IN CIRCLE UNTIL NAUSEA SETTLES IN****

2. Macklin, Man Without CrownJune 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Who will be King of the Ring!?

3. Warning: Do not get the hot dog stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut. Danimal will tell you all about the horrors here

4. Booker T SUCKA!

5. That sounds like literally the worst thing in the world.

6. Macklin, Man Without Royalty

7. The pics in that review prove it too.

8. Him and his hot dogs...

9. Tonight: 2000-01 Season, Episode 3: King of the Ring 2000 or "Everybody <3's Bikertaker"

10. The only pizza worth eating at Pizza Hut is the hand-tossed.

11. sport peppers, sport peppers, sport peppers

12. How was Impact last night?

13. Without the shitty garlic butter rub they put on the crust. The stuff made me vomit.

14. I will still take that over the cardboard pan pizza.

15. Haven't seen it yet. From what I've read it is a filler show for next week's Live show and July 1st.

16. Perfectly acceptable action to no consequence whatsoever. Joseph Park did return though.

17. Dominos did that once when I ordered and I dont think I was even able to eat the next day.

18. Yeah, the F4W recapper said it was a decent show and that some of the matches, notably DJZ vs. Jesse, overdelivered.

19. It was on the crust to a pizza I ordered. As usual, they went way overboard on that

20. Man, that stuff is seriously poison.

21. Finally saw the 1994 War Games and although it was a bloodless match it was pretty good and the ending was all kinds of fun. It was like the perfect blowoff for Dustin being harassed and bullied by the Stud Stable and the Dangerous Alliance for all those years (with the common denominator being Arn Anderson).

Which begs the question...has Arn Anderson EVER won a War Games? In 1991 he was injured and didn't participate. I'm thinking if you add house shows he's like 0-189 in War Games matches.

22. Thaddeus MountainJune 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM

We are currently creating Randy Marsh in The Show '15 and everything about him is preposterous.

23. So Sandoval was benched today for liking a girls picture on Instagram during a loss last night.

24. What a great comedy character, although I dont know how long you can run with that again.

25. Sports radio guys are playing that up big today, meaning I shut it off after 20 seconds

26. kbwrestlingreviewsJune 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Right after the 49ers started granting ten minutes breaks so players could check their smart phones during practice. Is this the point we've reached in this country? Football practice stopped so you can check your social media?

27. It's more hilarious than anything.

28. He reportedly checked his phone on the way back from the bathroom, which is not uncommon.

29. "Hold up coach..I gotta respond to this thread in my Movie Debates group."

30. Or checked it in the bathroom...nomsayin'?

31. I felt like I was going to vomit the next day and felt so all day long

32. kbwrestlingreviewsJune 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM

And the coaches are fine with this. No wonder I can't stand San Francisco.

33. The entire July 4th WWE live event from Tokyo is being aired on the WWE Network live and on VOD immediately after. That should be really fun to watch.

34. As long as he was in the dugout and not an active part of the game, so what?

35. Seems silly. Who cares? Also why to pitchers who aren't pitching having to sit in the dugout in uniform?

36. Just the thought of it makes me dry heave.

37. You know...they are starting to get parts of this Network thing right.

38. It's not a Chicago dog without them.

39. Imagine the conflict in the huddle when Colin Kaepernick doesn't immediately respond to Torrey Smith's friend request on Facebook

40. Four minutes Til KotR 2000!

41. That was one of the few misses in the run of great shows in 2000 right?

42. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM

It would have been monumentally stupid for them not to do this.

43. i cant believe rikishi took dancin all the way to the ic title!

44. I guess it was sort of a miss. No real great matches and the main event was convoluted but I still think it's a fun show. I prefer it to SurSer 2000

45. Booting up King of the Ring 2000 right meow....

46. What did Undertaker and Kane due to deserve any sort of title shot?

47. TEH BROTHORZ OF DESTRUCTION RULZ!!!!

48. Yeah, I'm gonna do BATB 2000. Of course the first thing I see is Disco Inferno identifying as a Hispanic man.

49. Taker interefered in the Iron Man match and got Rock dq'd costing him the title?

50. im likea few mins ahead but yes chyna IS a mamacita !

51. Masochist.

52. Very true, lol.

53. Say what you will, but Big Kish was over like a mofo.

54. Surprisingly mobile at this point too.

55. There's a huge boob. And Major Gunns, the huge boob just hates millennials and people questioning his training methods.

56. I gotta say, that's the only time I've ever sided with Jarrett.

57. Yet another guy ruined by a needless heel turn.

58. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Only took them a year.

59. Currently reading through Titan Sinking again. The 1996 book needs to come out like yesterday.

60. 15 years earlier, you just can't escape Chavo.

61. Stranger In The AlpsJune 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM

DM account suspended from uploading. There is a channel on DM with over 800 wrestling videos posted to it. I smell a rat on mine being suspended.

62. Macklin, Man Without CrownJune 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Undertaker beat Rock on a RAW before KOTR.

63. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:09 PM

I'm currently reading the Death of WCW again. Seems like no one is learning from the past.

64. Nah I dig the pan and even the thin crusts, just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. But Dominos pan is heavenly.

65. You really can't do any finish besides that one.

66. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

WWE is just learning about DM....

67. Smackdown opens with a Kane match.

Well that was 10 minutes well spent.

68. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Nah, like to get that one day for the TNA section, just reading the original.

69. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:11 PM

No one watches Smackdown, so it's ok.

70. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Why can't we just have a Shield reunion again?

71. Nice to finally get some resolution to the never ending Too Cool-Radicalz feud.

72. Starting to get paranoid, either I'm losing it or Cole/JBL/Booker are THAT bad that I'm smirking at Mark Madden's commentary.

73. Oh yeah! Serious competitor Val Venis!

74. Gah, damn fake thunderstorm. Catching up with KOTR now.

75. Last show with long hair!

76. It looks like some sort of mutation, like a pizza only Michelangelo would eat.

77. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:14 PM

At this rate, Tom Phillips is starting to look like the best commentator now.

78. He was good in moderation. The product did him absolutely no favors, so he basically went MST3K from time to time.

79. Resolution? What's that? I haven't seen that in a decade!

80. On the DM multi-part copy of this show, part 8 of BATB 2000 is Russo's face in mid-rant at Hogan...I admit, I can't wait to see that nonsense again.

81. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM

NXT season 3 was a sight to behold.

82. Because we don't deserve nice things. And, honestly, you trust "Creative" not to fuck it up?

83. I didn't remember Val wearing the black trunks this much. Thought he stuck with the purple for most of the run.

84. If Caitlyn Jenner ever makes a WWE appearance, she should come out to this...

85. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Hogan walks out for real, except not really, except he really does.

86. He's actually keeping to his persona, he's not jumping violently from angry heel to jocular comments and back again.

87. You've had a rough go of it with these things. If you find out who it is I will have them... taken care of for you.

88. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Deans like, "We'll talk later."

89. Stranger In The AlpsJune 18, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I appreciate it. If it's over, it's over.

I'm sure it's a troll, however.

90. The fans seem much more concerned with Chyna and Trish.

91. Who is in your avatar?

92. Ugh, get the shoulders on the mat if you're doing the cradle, Eddie!

93. Distraction finishes via huge boob glimpses, so popular back then.

94. He didn't exactly go full Rick Rude there.

95. Its realistic. Boob distraction is an issue in real life.

96. There's some sort of joke to be made about Val and Chyna being in an angle together...

97. Good point.

98. About ten years too early

99. Oh right. Was he one the Indians when they lost the 1995 World Series to the Atlanta Braves?

100. Oh fuck, the starring role for Ernest Miller.

101. Such an oddly booked tournament.

102. Gargano worked a NXT dark match. Hopefully he gets signed.

103. OH YEAH! This is Patterson vs Briscoe!!

104. Jeff Jarrett: Main Eventer has a literal fat woman with him to sing once he beats Hogan. That COULD be funny, if it didn't involve Jarrett.

105. He could've been good if the product was worth a damn. Even Tony mailed it in toward the end.

106. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:23 PM

I bet by the time the NXT women make it up to the main roster, Give Divas a Chance will be over and women's matches will be around 2 minutes again.

107. Angry screaming woman-hating Jarrett is surprisingly entertaining.

108. Patterson fretting over the dress size is hilarious on so many levels.

109. what rating would u give val vs eddie?

110. I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to that Crash Holly vs Bull Buchanan match.

111. Come on JR, you can't say "hanging" on show with Benoit on it.

112. Okay...that Big Kish promo is better than half the current roster could do without a script/cue cards.

113. I missed a good chunk of it so I can't rate it. Finish was pretty strong though.

114. I think Bull has a legit chance to win this entire tournament.

115. Hell yeah High Plains Drifter is on.

116. Angle-Jericho would've been a great finals, but they put it in the first round so the winner's obvious from then on. Silly.

117. They lost to a buncha cheaters

118. If Rousey ever loses, the Divas division is in trouble.

119. Its almost as if JR didn't know Benoit would hang himself years later. What a PRICK

120. Semi HOLY SHIT moment for me today:

Sable has been married to two wrestlers.

Each man had the same finishing move in the WWF/E.

121. Not really. Rikishi is CRAZY over at this point.

122. Angle-Jericho would've been fine in the first round, if they were having Benoit-Guerrero on the bottom half.

123. They lost to the Patriots?

124. Ignorance is no excuse for a crime.

125. Both competed in combat sports outside of the WWE, too.

126. For all his faults, at least Mero never fucked up the Wild Thing as badly as Brock did at WM XIX.

127. HELL of a top rope legdrop.

128. Everybody's favorite psychopath.

129. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM

But hey, if booked right, she could bring in a nice buy rate.

130. Now all I can think of is Brock doing a Little Richard impression to complete the trifecta.

131. Is that Bulls actual music he was using or an dubbed in theme? It's fucking terrible.

132. And they were both incredibly gay. I will be sure Brock know you think that.

133. Some guys are just too athletic to be unemployed. He always had a good look, too.

134. his headhair is weird

135. God those Brock and Kurt are friends segments were homoerotic looking back.

136. I'd be more concerned with having Mark Mero's hand me downs than what some fat fuck said on the Interwebs.

137. Corned Biff HashJune 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM

This is never not funny.

138. Biggest pop of the night so far, Norman Smiley humping Big Vito. 2000 WCW was a sad place.

139. Spitting milk on each other, kissing on the mouth, serenading each other...

140. I'll be sure to add that you called his wife a hand me down.

141. The bloom is already off of Crash at this point I think.

142. I just got home so this may have already been discussed, but I'm loving the new Sixers unis. Then again, I've always been a "More is less" type of guy when it comes to team uniforms.

143. Well, they both used the F5 too; Mero called it the TKO. Shit. Two finishing moves then, I guess.

144. Would calling a team cheaters with Joey Belle as your avatar be the definition of irony? I always have to ask for help on that.

145. He passes the "Would you feel safe in a bar where he was the bouncer?" test.

146. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13107409/uni-watch-grading-76ers-subtle-uniform-changes

147. I have never seen these.

Never will.

148. but it is 9/10ths of the law

149. Smiley screaming like a woman every time he's smacked with a trash can lid - funny.

150. looooooooool just saw a headline that said we need to arm our priests and pastors. Never change right wing.

151. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Oh great, now the Bella's have a faction.

152. Yup, those are perfectly fine. I like it.

153. Shoot interview poll is up

154. That little wink to each other before they begin the milk chugging contest.

The milky residue left on each other's lips as knowingly laugh together as the camera fades out.

155. MOAR attention for Boob Cena.

156. I like them and I like the Bucks new unis

157. Brock coming out to the classic Johnny B Badd theme would rule.

158. Doesn't every man have someone's hand me downs eventually? Unless their name is Jerry Lawler that is.

159. They look pretty good.

160. AnInternetToughGuyJune 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM

What do you think of the Clippers new uniforms?

161. That was a match that happened.

162. Linda McMahon on the microphone! I suddenly yearn to hear a Brie Bella interview.

163. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM

As Owens said to Jojo, "Grow up!"

164. Scott Hall's contract, complete with that ugly red block letter logo WCW enacted just before it died.

165. WWE should bring back Saturday Night's Main Event once a month as a Network exclusive.

166. Future Senator Linda McMahon!

167. Why? Cause there isn't enough tv time to showcase Dolph vs Sheamus?

168. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Holy crap, this could be a good match if given the right amount of time.

169. Yeah 31 hours a month just ain't enough WWE!

170. AnInternetToughGuyJune 18, 2015 at 6:33 PM

can I perhaps interest you in a Melina press conference?

171. I take it Owens-Cesaro is starting?

172. I wasn't planning on watching any Smackdown, but I was flipping through and saw Owens/Cesaro.

173. Corned Biff HashJune 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Greatest experience of the month just went down this evening. Mrs. Biff hates Chinese food with a passion; she violently rejects the notion of eating Chinese, but it's my favorite type of food (naturally we never go anywhere Chinese-related). Well, tonight her grandmother invited us out for her birthday as a belated gift to a place we've never been called Passion Grill. You'd think, with a name like Passion Grill, that it wouldn't be a Chinese place: Wrong. They had a Chinese and Japanese menu with some amazing sushi that I didn't have to pay for. The kicker is that Mrs. Biff gets to spend so little time with her grandmother that we're going back next weekend again on her grandmother's dime.

In the words of Ice Cube, today was a good day.

174. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Yep. Just set it up from an interview.

175. AnInternetToughGuyJune 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM

I kinda like the home white, but the new logo looks so... off

176. Hahaha,,,Kurt is awesome.

177. Oh this show is in Boston? No wonder it sucks.

178. It looks to big for the jersey and it's bland looking.

The LAC in the Box thing is even worse.

179. Daffney's remark that she'd send Stacy back to "the Hooters they found you slannnnnngin' chicken wings at" was genuinely good.

Wonderful wedding dress Stacy's sort of wearing. David Flair and George Clooney, Eskimo brothers for life.

180. A++ cheap heat promo, though.

181. Another home run by Kurt.

182. I wish we could still make fun of Boston sports teams like Kurt did. :(

183. Corned Biff HashJune 18, 2015 at 6:36 PM

They should replace all the non-Big 4 Pay Per View/Specials with SNME's on the Network.

184. Kirk Angel is the only mispronunciation that's funny. Well, that and Mitchell Cole.

185. Stranger In The AlpsJune 18, 2015 at 6:37 PM

You still can currently.

186. Gene Mean is still the gold standard.

187. Deano Machino?

188. Meh, it loses its luster when the Patriots are champions.