Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Night Open Mic

Howdy Blog O'Doomers!

I hope this first day of June was fruitful to all! For the most part I enjoyed the Network Special last night even though things were pretty dull after Owens-Cena. Still Owens-Cena was so good it was going to be hard for anything else to happen that would compare to that.

Obviously that wasn't Cena's first great match and it wasn't his first clean job but he truly made a star last night. He's elevated guys many times before but they had already established themselves. C.M. Punk had a dominating run as World Champion on Smackdown and an Undertaker program before his historic MitB match with Cena. Bryan also had a dominating run on Smackdown and several high-quality matches for the WWE Title with Punk before Cena gave him the final rub at Summerslam 2013 before Orton/HHH sucked the life out of it.

This was different. Not everyone watches NXT, not everyone has the Network so there were a lot of people who really didn't know who Kevin Owens was before he crashed the U.S. open challenge a couple weeks ago. So this match wasn't just about Cena laying down, it was about getting Owens over as a wrestling talent and a threat on the main roster. So on June 1 the more casual viewers know who Owens is, they know he is a bad ass worker and they know he's a threat to any top spot on the main roster. They also know that the NXT champion must be a big deal if the guy holding the strap just beat John Cena. Might have been Cena's best work as a professional in his 9-10 years as a top guy.

Anyway for TV tonight

RAW

NCAA Softball National Championship (Florida vs. Michigan)

Brewers-Cardinals on ESPN

New Bachelorette...New American Ninja Warrior...

Enjoy, keep it clean.

1. Can't wait for the Owens Burial Theories tonight.

2. Agreed, Princess. Owens, thus far, has been booked as well as the Shield were during their early months.

3. Watching the 1996 Great American Bash (greatest June ppv in History? I think so), and after Bischoff asks Hall and Nash if they work for the WWF, and Hall says, "Forget about the past, chico." Which is some kind of awesome.

4. "Not everyone watches NXT, not everyone has the Network so there were a lot of people who really didn't know who Kevin Owens was before he crashed the U.S. open challenge a couple weeks ago."

But everyone who was watching this show last night had the network, because this show was ONLY available on the network.

But clips of the big win playing on Raw tonight and whatever promo Steen cuts tonight will help establish him as the new #1 heel.

5. What I loved about that Owens/Cena match was he left nothing to chance. That dude pulled out everything he could think of to impress everyone. I hope he gets to beat the fuck out someone and cut a promo tonight.

6. "No." "No."

Now that THAT'S established, back to the cheeseball accent. "The medium-sized mang!"

7. Today I learned that the Degeneration-X entrance video used stock footage from Jurassic Park: The Lost World.

8. I don't think that I'll start watching Raw again, but they won me over enough last night to watch the PPV in a couple of weeks.

9. A bear wandered into my hometown yesterday and today the cops shot it when it got close to a school. People are losing their shit.

10. We've had a frog in the central courtyard at our apartment for months that ribbets all goddamn night, but they won't do anything because apparently living in a concrete fountain is it's "natural habitat"

So basically...people losing their shit can go both ways lol

11. Also, the old Raw intro

12. I do sort of hope that either Bayless or Devin Harris reviews it though.

13. Well, I'm cautiously looking forward to the followup. I'll see where it goes.

14. Thaddeus MountainJune 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM

They couldn't have used a tranquilizer dart and taken it away?

15. Who opens RAW tonight? Rollins to whine or Owens to gloat?

16. Apparently, for reasons that I've not seen explained, the ministry of the environment people who do that sort of thing were called but delayed for hours.

17. I hope somehow Austin and Heyman say fuck it, and film for two hours.

18. Hoping for Owens to open, or at least be in the first hour, so I can switch to baseball haha

19. That's not good....

20. I've got a bear living in the woods behind my house. I don't bother it, it don't bother me.

21. I hope Cena does an Open Challenge tonight and Owens comes out and kicks his ass again.

22. The one with Austin walking into the warehouse with barrels of fire? That was pretty badass.

23. Yeah, the people running.

24. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 5:48 PM

A rare Monday night off with a four-day week, which I will pay for beginning Wednesday, with a six-day work week. And since the wife is at a late meeting, I can watch the beginning of Raw.

25. Does Owens job tonight, next week, or at the PPV

26. Hopefully all three.

27. Not til Summerslam.

28. Nope, the people running to the cage and the random city shots. The stripper footage comes from the early episodes of Shotgun Saturday Night, when they use to wrestle at night clubs.

29. The next NXT special. Not before.

30. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM

He won't even wrestle tonight.

31. As long as Owens is NXT champ they will book him strong, because they're pushing NXT itself. Once he drops that belt then all bets are off.

32. Ryback to gloat!

33. Got a feeling that the main event is gonna be Super Steph screeching at Ambrose to deliver the belt. Hijinks will ensue.

34. They are BEARLY able to keep their composure!

35. Stevie Wilson
    ‏@thesteviewilson
    Still not a fan of @WWECesaro and @KiddWWE's music #RandomMusin
    6 retweets

2 favorites

Tyson KiddVerified account
    @KiddWWE
    @thesteviewilson @WWECesaro have you noticed the headphones? They're for a reason

36. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

37. Black bear? Brown bear? Grizzly bear? Polar bear? Panda bear?

38. So Killer Mike has a song called "Ric Flair." It'd be funnier if a crappier rapper put out a song called "Shane Douglas."

39. I think they stole some other shit too for the video but I'm to lazy to check.

40. The belt will be held up.

Literally.

For a ladder match.

LOL

41. Did he steal a picnic basket?

42. I'm sure Vince will be thrilled when Austin and Heyman bring up another wrestler dying tonight.

43. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 5:57 PM

They really don't know what else to do with the MitB show without two world titles, do they?

Next year - TAG TEAM Money in the Bank!

44. I'm glad Sting stopped dying. I wish Ric Flair would too...what does an old man need bleach blond hair for??

45. Wondering if they're trying to turn Owens into another CM Punk. Just have him come out there and cut a promo on the WWE.

46. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Who died?

47. Tommy Rogers.

48. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I kind of hope the Title turns on Ambrose somehow tonight.

49. Won by Titus O'Neil and Viktor!

50. One half of the Fantastics.

51. Anybody else remember that movie Summer School? I loved that movie as a kid and it was on all the time on cable.

52. It looks like a display for a fake Tom Hanks movie gets destroyed as well.

53. Your going to hell, sir......actually i was about to post the same thing

54. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Not a bad idea.

55. Take matters into your own hands. Catch that thing and fry it up

56. Bobby Fulton cares. Anybody else?

57. Oh.. Alright. I remember him now. He never wrestled in the WWF, but they'll probably find a way to blame Vince anyway.

58. An underrated movie.

59. Still screenshots for a show they gave away for free.

60. And it has the hot version of Kirstie Alley

61. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Best movie about a summer school starring Mark Harmon ever made.

62. Even those dead fans loved Ambrose as champ.

63. Macklin, Conscience of the BoDJune 1, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Found an Arkham Knight bundle that comes with a hard cover Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison. Think I'll get that please and thank you.

64. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Vintage WWE!

65. Both him and Reigns got really good pops.

66. Rollins reaction almost makes that moment not suck as much.

67. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM

On a Network people can GET for free! Then pay $9.99 for.

68. I'm always a sucker for dude steals title angles.

69. It was played at every Winghouse in this county. So if you are in Pinellas County, Florida and you were at a Winghouse, you know who Owens is without having the Network!

70. What I'd like to have right now is for all you fit, in-shape, Blog of Doom douchebags - keep the noise down while I'm eating my doughsant.

71. Thaddeus MountainJune 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM

That is a thing I will also purchase.

72. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Hey look! Triple H is kicking off Raw. How... pedestrian.

73. 20 minutes of Hunter and Steph, collect your winnings.

74. Sigh same old start

75. Is this building to a triple threat Shield explodes match for the title at MitB? I hope so!

76. Interesting choice from Steph tonight.

77. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Well, this show is off to a great start.

78. Soulja Boy is on it.

79. Weird outfit on Steph but she's rocking it well

80. Black bear. A smelly one. Has a strong musk stink like a skunk. You smell him first (my dogs start going nuts), then you'll hear him crashing around through the brush. He comes around once or twice a year. Never sticks around long. If he did everyone along here knows to call the cops, who in turn will get animal control. Then they will take him to Animal Land (a nearby animal park), then the DNR will decide where to take him.

81. "absconded" fuck off Cole.

82. Do Steph's funbags look bigger than usual this evening to anyone else?

83. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Not really flattering. She needs a new wardrobe consultant.

84. I'm digging the Swamp Thing cosplay.

85. Stephs boobs look bigger tonight for some reason. She pregnant again?

86. Did Michael just use "absconded?"

Fuck! I use that word! I feel like such a tool if Cole is using my words.

87. Michael Cole Vocabulary List

88. Time for Stephanie to demand the title back and a humbled Ambrose to hand it over obediently! WHAT A SHOW, MAGGLE!!!!

89. Shhh....Reigns never gets a good pop. It's just chicks and kids.

90. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM

He bought in.

91. Aw, fuck. Well, I'll be back in 20 minutes.

92. That WAS a unified chant, Steph...?

93. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Continuity?

94. She has weeks where they look bigger!

95. Yup, I commented below about it. Pregnant?

96. And he stole my heart.

97. J and J have strong beard game.

98. He bought one of those $5 word-a-day calendars on clearance at the Barnes & Noble, more likely.

99. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Need to preorder Arkham Knight, which comes out the Tuesday before the party to celebrate my nuptials. I may not have time to play it that week...

100. Then you must be in heaven this past year.

101. Oh, hey. Steph.

:: penis shrivels ::

102. Is it me, or has HHH looked for weeks like he doesn't give a shit about these segments anymore.

103. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM

And Noble is winning.

104. "could have fooled me" Rollins is great.

105. That's bad taste you have!

106. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM

He knows it hurts the product.

107. After doing them for over 15 years, I can see how they'd get old for him.

Now imagine how old they seem to the rest of us.

108. Triple H's Dibiase beard is all fucked up.

109. First Raw I tune into since Mania and it opens with....Hunter

Super. I still don't get the Bieber chants.

110. Chinstrap beards always look awful.

111. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM

JUSTIN BIEBER
    :the one chant that gets over.....:

112. Gee, take a chill pill Haitch

113. Justin Bieber gets more chants from a WWE crowd than he does his own fans.

114. The older she gets, the more all I see is her dad in drag. And, when she goes into screech mode with her voice, it's the worst thing ever.

EVER.

115. I love how Dad is talking for his little boy.

116. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM

"First of all, shut up" is a fantastic line that I shall steal.

117. Why a guy with 0 balding and very little gray hair past 40 shaves his head is beyond on.

118. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM

First of all, shut up....
    Yeah, tell them Hunter!

119. He was rocking it during his big 2000 run.

120. I love how all legal matters and company business must be settled in the ring on camera.

121. Oh btw, I like Reigns again now. See WWE was that so hard?

122. Ambrose and Reigns as Super Friends is a very good thing for both guys.

123. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Is Reigns Luger or Sting?

124. Meanwhile Dixie pretends there are legal reasons she can't discuss imminent bankruptcy with her own employees

125. Guess who's facing Kane and J&J in a handicap match tonight, Roman!

126. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Roman Reigns called Rollins Justin Bieber a few weeks back, and it's been stuck with him ever since.

127. Funny how Reigns could get over because he helped his buddy steal something...

128. He's smiling. The wheel of Roman promo styles is at Cool Guy Roman.

129. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Stop smiling idiot!

130. Macklin, Conscience of the BoDJune 1, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I'm a bit frustrated by all the fragmented pre-order bonuses and PS4 exclusive items(I have an Xbox One) and the extensive season pass but all of that pales in comparison to my excitement for the game.

As for your predicament, there are only a few acceptable reasons why you wouldn't be playing it non-stop all week and I think you have one of those reasons. Congrats and hopefully Arkham Knight isn't collecting dust too long!

131. They're going to build up Roman as the "cool guy" ala Rock in 98 before he turns heel.

132. Diesel. Dean's Shawn.

133. Did he forget his lines

134. Man HHH has aged a lot in the last couple years.

135. Lol because all the fans going nuts for him agree!

136. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:08 PM

The fans just won't let it go.

137. So is it ordained that he's winning MITB?

138. Why? The smiling isn't bad right now.

139. Well Art's prediction was right, just off by a month

140. Ugh, ladder matches are so played out. Just let the gimmick go.

141. I'm watching 1998 RAW tonight. Probably be better than tonight's show!

142. So...Reigns is Ambrose's errand boy? Secretary? What?

143. holy shit look at that fat guy sitting ringside!! I didn't know Marv was in San Antonio!!

144. There are a lot of gimmicks that need a rest IMO.

145. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

That sound guy is gonna get fired for all the echoing feedback.

146. I don't know if I like Smilin' Snarky Roman Reigns.

147. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

BAH! Game comes out on Tuesday... party is on Saturday. Family will be in town, but I took a few days off. I should get to it around Thursday for a few hours.

148. lol at Reigns trolling.

149. Thaddeus MountainJune 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Just bought the Serious House on Serious Earth edition.

150. Crowd is definitely more lively than last night.

151. Yeah, stop having fun! Does this look like a place to have fun, Maggle?

152. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Lame.

153. Thank God for small miracles.

154. Dammit, I think I'm back on the Reigns Train

155. This would be the exact opposite of Foley's promo pointers in How to Build Your Opponent.

156. FIX THE DAMN MICS

157. The hair style is horrible.

158. The hell is going on with the sound tonight?

159. Funny how Reigns might get over by reflecting the fans' apathy & boredom over the entire Authority hierarchy.

160. Uh oh, interrupting Steph isn't a way to look good on TV.

161. "You were kinda cool when you were in the Shield, but now you're running with your mom and dad."

That might be Reigns' best line ever. Legit LOLs for that one.

162. Thaddeus MountainJune 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I'm having it shipped to my place in California. The Future Mrs will be here in NY the last week of June, so I won't get to play. I'm going home to CA for 10 days starting 2 July, so I'll get it then and bring it back with me.

163. Dean better not show up with the electronics acting up.

164. Even if Reigns is 1/10 as Over as Rock was in Fall 98 would make for a fucking amazing heel turn.

165. 7-foot piece of crap! Get 'em, Seth!

166. Seth forgot his lines

167. Actually...if you just left some ice cream out, I'd grab it and go.

168. Digging the psychology of this whole thing.

169. Macklin, Conscience of the BoDJune 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I just downloaded the free Xbox Game Burning Chalice. I'm still just messing around on the menus but I already like it. Anyone play it?

170. Thaddeus MountainJune 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

The fuck is up with the mics?

171. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarJune 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Uh oh, Rollins may be asking for a Pedigree.

172. He actually seemed like *gasp* himself

173. Yes, I liked that.

174. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©June 1, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Same here, I loved his delivery of it as well.

175. What's it about?

176. I'm rooting for Rollins after that.

177. No matter how he gets buried, he's gonna need a piano box. Because he's FAT.

178. Nice to see nothing has changed.

179. Screech mode from Steph...my turtling is complete.

180. Summerslam Build in this face off.

181. Rollins showing some balls? THIS I like.

182. Yep. Briefcase.

183. Humble him, Steph! Humble him!!!!!