Friday, September 12, 2014

BoD Friday Night Thread

Happenings Tonight Include:

Smackdown
MLB Action
College Football with #8 Baylor vs. Buffalo
Bellator on Spike TV at 9pm, with the preliminary fights on Bellator.com starting at 7pm

1. I just skimmed over the BoD daily update, but did I read correctly that Dolph Ziggler is getting criticized backstage for the same kind of "overselling" that not only helped make Shawn Michaels famous, but can also effectively put over fellow WWE Superstars as credible a**-kickers? Is Dolph in trouble for making his opponents look too good?

2. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM

UB is on TV? No shit...

3. Also the forums are still kicking. Sign up if you haven't yet!

4. So now in EWR, Roman Reigns and Randy Orton have somehow become my top babyfaces. My top heels are CM Punk and John Cena. I've also managed to get KENTA and Sami Zayn pretty over. I had Sami Zayn debut by having Cena arrogantly challenge him to a match, and then Daniel Bryan interfered and helped Zayn get a win. A few weeks later, I paired Zayn and KENTA up and the match got a good rating, so I figured putting them in a tag team would help out. Now they're both at "80" over ratings.

5. The skies here are doing something crazy. I think they've turned about 8 different colors. this isn't the end, is it?

6. Adrian Peterson is a bad person yeah?

7. So how points is the Patriots-Vikings spread going to move now that Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse and is now deactivated for the game?

8. I don't see where he did anything wrong but I can see how people can disagree with it.

9. One kid dead, one kid beaten. Being a child of Adrian Peterson's is the opposite of winning the lottery.

10. Have you seen the pictures?

11. nah. Just read the headline. Maybe I missed some key details.

12. The pictures have been released? At least there's no video. Then Goodell really thinks you did wrong

13. So you would discipline a FOUR YEAR OLD to the point that he's bloody and doctors have to notify police? What can a child that young do to merit that kind of discipline?

14. Hopefully more since I already took the Pats lol. And I am playing AP in Fantasy!

15. Disqus needs to stop fucking tinkering. Just when I get used to the new set up, they change it again.

16. Didn't know he was bloody and I thought he was 11. Maybe I should have read the whole thing.

17. Maybe I should take Pats in suicide? But Jets Packers is too easy.

18. This is internet commentating in a nutshell.

19. He had nothing to do with the dead kid, as he didn't even know it was his before the kid died IIRC.

20. Which is worse: His parenting or ability to hold onto the football

21. I saw two that showed the kid's bloody arms and legs.

22. Ask the parents of any 4-year-old if their kid has ever done anything for which the parents didn't want to smack them.

23. If it really were internet commentating I would have kept arguing and then threw a temper tantrum by trying to blow up the thread.

24. http://highrankwebsites.com/nfl-crimes-interactive/

Have fun.

25. A smack on the bottom is one thing because the kid is unruly and annoying is one thing. Read the report of what happened to the kid and see if you still agree.

26. There's a reason to throw an old man down a flight of stairs. Just don't do it

27. We still got time. What other hot takes you got after just reading a headline?

28. Spanking, fine. Beating to where the kid is still marked a week later: Fuck no.

29. I hate crap like that. Where is the website dedicated to the hundreds and thousands of NFL players who regularly give back to the community, donate time and money, do good deeds, etc.?
    Somebody like Ray McDonald would never make it onto SportsCenter if he gave $10,000 to a local charity or donated backpacks to poor kids, but let him get arrested and he's all over the headlines.

30. Did anyone read that old deadspin article on Jim Brown? I respect his activism stuff but man what an ass.

31. Don't nobody better say nothin' bad about Jim Brown.

32. When did I have a hot take? The headline said he spanked his child which I see nothing wrong with.

33. especially his women. Know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

34. He's a horrible person.

35. Then that is a very misleading headline.

36. Evening. I'm happy. Tired, but happy.

37. In certain aspects. He's done a lot of positive as well especially with the street gangs.

38. With Loser gone, the fun was gone

39. Not even the law cares about the Texans.

40. Jim Brown threw a woman off a balcony.

41. So tonight I'm at the NXT TV tapings, already saw Kentas in ring debut

42. Good, bad or ok?

43. I'd assume he went over pretty strong after all the hype.

44. Is he using the GTS?

45. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM

You mean Hideo Itami? Were people chanting Kenta anyway?

46. Pretty good, beat Gabriel which was a good guy to put in with him to bump.

47. Pretty strong, beat Gabriel

48. Since its texas, I'm assuming Peterson is up for the death penalty right?

49. Note New finisher is to route double stomp to the chest like Low Ki

50. HHH is building some nice roster for the future, I just hope Vince & Dunn stay away from his plans.

51. Booooooooooooo, it should be the GTS.

52. Nope, new finisher is top route double stomp to the chest like LowKi / Sonjay use.

53. You already posted this comment.

54. Was kinda 50/50 on which name people changed

55. Gah, chanted. Bad autocorrect must be my gimmick

56. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Most things are like that: the same applies to many "public figures": celebs/politicians are much more likely to end up in the news for a scandal than for good things.

Would be nice if it were different.

57. Yea I deleted it cause of all the typos

58. Don't worry, my English sucks.

59. Magoonie NOT Teddy BelmontSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Can I ask, you think it's worth a two hour drive to see a NXT TV taping?

60. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

An hour ago, LVH moved from Pats -3 to -6 (based on a tweet, so don't know if the line is currently playable); currently off the board at Bovada.

61. How many damn threads have there been today? Double digits seems a bit excessive for a regular non noteworthy friday.

62. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

It's better than a lot of people that were born here.

63. In some parts of Texas, being black is enough for the death penalty.

64. Hey Adam.

How's life?

65. Magoonie NOT Teddy BelmontSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Eddie Izzard Dress To Kill, still one of my favorite stand up specials.

66. Motley Crue- Dr.Feelgood

67. You know what I hate? When you are in bed with three women at the same time and the ugliest one says "Save some for me..." I mean GAWD!!!

68. Quality does vary greatly taping to taping but the roster is really strong. Do make sure to buy tickets online early it's been selling out a week or two ahead of time as of late.

69. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Pretty shitty.

70. That's not true.

In EVERY part of Texas it is enough.

71. Peterson deactivated and has a warrant out for his arrest.

72. He's a shitty human. And a jackass

73. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Yes, that seemed to be the consensus (as was incredulity at WWE's position).

74. I'm really tired due college, otherwise, it's being good. I'm with a girlfriend now (not the Stossel chick), from suicide tendencies to having someone in 3 years, not bad.

75. My dude Josh Gordon got his suspension reduced supposively

76. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

That's good.

77. Good. 10 games is WAYY too much for a little joint.

78. Hogging all the popcorn again?

79. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

1 game is too much.

80. There are a few shelters in Austin.

81. Ahem, my life on track finally. I really hope it stays that way. Thank you for being my friend. Another thing, doing 18 years in 12 days.

82. Adrian Peterson.Ray Rice. Wes Welker. Josh Gordon.Greg Hardy. All former pro-bowlers.

83. Magoonie NOT Teddy BelmontSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Two 3's and a 2 does not equal an 8.

84. cowardwhotriedtoquitSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Weren't the complaints that eventually led to the forum essentially "too many people with posting privileges and/or not following a schedule"? So, why are we at 12 today (granted, with 4 posts/questions from Scott)?

85. That's five wife beatings worth!

86. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

No problem buddy?

18 years? In prison?

87. If they are lower than a 6 they don't exist to me.

88. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

One post.

One.....post.

89. 18th birthday.

Yes, I consider you and part of this blog friends.

90. To cunterbalance all the depressing news from the NFL, here's a video of big cats playing in boxes.

91. Huh huh huh huh....cunterbalance.

92. Man, I fixed that within 10 seconds. You'd think that'd be enough time to get away with it.

93. OJ Simpson: "What a bunch of fucking wannabes everyone in the NFL is."

94. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

The "?" was a typo.

Man, 18 was like a lifetime ago for me. Wish I could go back and do it all over again.

95. Capitalist Pig!

96. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Except Rae Carruth.

97. Best quality-per-post poster?

I'll say The Masked Reviewer.

98. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I would have left it.

99. I've never heard of him but his name is "Rae" so he gets a pass

100. NFL: Goddammit, players. At least OJ Simpson had the decency to be retired from the NFL for years before showing the world that he is an evil asshole.

101. He killed his pregnant wife. Child survived, but is disabled.

102. None, just joking. That's how people in my college would label you.

103. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Played for the Panthers in the 90s and killed his pregnant wife.

104. OJ had the decency to leave no witnesses or tape.

105. I knew you were joking... and your college is clearly full of pussies.

106. Being civilized is the ability to mask who you really are.

107. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM

And Aaron Hernandez.

108. And his lawyer has fuckable daughters

109. Just because you know far more about this than I do doesn't mean you have to show off. Prick.

110. And Marvin Harrison.

....Allegedly.

111. And feminazis.

112. He had about 7 lawyers so there has got to be more lawyer daughter tail out there somewhere too

113. Aaron Hernandez actually out-OJ'ed OJ. Three murder charges!

114. So apparently Titus O'Neil is the WWE jobber to NXT of three month. Wonder if he receives the same treatment as Brodus Clay afterwords?

115. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM

C'mon man, that one is pretty recent. He hasn't even gone to trial yet.

116. Tell them to get the fuck back in the kitchen where they belong. If you present yourself as strong and over the top chauvinistic feminazis will want to fuck you something fierce.

117. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Is Pacman Jones still in the league? I have his jersey.

118. Philly people say this dude is deep in the streets. Not sure how true it is but people talk about him like he Omar

119. My finger is about to click subscribe to WWE Network. It's been 2 weeks since my sub. expired. Should I do it?

120. I knew nothing about football prior to this season, and I don't watch any news other than political news.

121. No,they would sue me.

122. No they wouldn't, you just need to learn how to be more commanding.

123. Yeah he's with the Bengals. Which is pretty much the perfect place for him.

124. Sign the NJP....oh wait, they don't have that yet.

125. If NJPW had a Network, I would pay $19.99 a month.

126. Nah. Wait until the Royal Rumble.

127. People need to know Minoru Suzuki.

128. You would die in Rural.

129. Don't know why they never gave him a serious push.

130. He certainly doesn't come across as someone who fucks around from what I've read.

131. I don't know why they split up the Prime Time Players.

132. Too old, 37 years old.

133. Didn't he also turn down a potential push (or more) by not wanting to break up the PTP?

134. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

So is the debate about disciplining your child, or overzealous discipline?

Before anyone thinks I'm starting anything, keep in mind that in the end, it was an attempt to discipline.

135. He played in the NFL forever and no one knew about his alternate life. If not for the bar incident he'd still be getting the Derek Jeter treatment.

136. Man I remember loving watching Smackdown every Thursday night. Now its just a filler piece of crap with no storyline development at all. They should just go the Prime Time route and have nothing but squash matches and segments like Update.

137. Didn't someone in this thread say that it caused bleeding?

138. That I don't know.

139. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hell, I don't even know. All I read is that he grabbed a switch and went old school on his kid.

140. The rumor was they were going to fire Darren Young so he kept the team together so he would keep his job.

141. His intent means fuck all.

142. same thing I read.

143. think of how bad things are going when Aaron Hernandez is never mentioned when burying NFL player conduct

144. "The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child,
    including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs
    and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child's hands. Peterson
    then texted the boy's mother, saying that one wound in particular would
    make her "mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of
    the switch.""

The kid was 4. There's a difference between spanking a kid because they keep acting up after you've tried other options, and hitting them so hard with a tree branch that you cut their scrotum open.

145. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

The fuck? Didn't see that anywhere.

All right, send his ass to jail.

146. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I think people have just forgot about it. Hell, I almost forgot about it.

147. OJ didn't do it, though. Didn't you read his book. It was Charlie.

148. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

So many media outlets, but you would think that they would all get their shit together and report the same facts.

#Duh

149. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Random: I fucking HATE the mission in GTAV where you have to jump on the moving train with the dirtbike.

150. Here is actually what happened with the AP story since I guess nobody actually read it. http://deadspin.com/report-adrian-peterson-indicted-in-child-injury-case-1634160368

151. Jack Swagger and his haircut of the week reminds me of Marge trying to alter the Chanel suit every time she went back to the country club.

152. WHO the hell did Zeb just say he was?

153. BUT BASEBALL HAD MARIS' RECORD BROKEN! That was a far more terrible act than anything Ray Rice did. I mean, they got called before congress. The shame.

154. Ariana Grande, i swear i only watched Victorious once.

155. Do you blame baseball for a strong investigation into that or the NFL from a very lackluster investigation into their situation?

156. I blame whoever deserve blame into that blame thing that needs blame.

157. We should just start calling women and children "Quarterbacks" then the NFL would really freak out of they got hurt.

158. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

What a fucking waste of time.

159. Stranger in the AlpsSeptember 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Not all news sites are reporting the same thing. "AP grabbed a switch and beat his son" , they said. This article appears to be reporting the facts.

The reason why I stay away from the news.

160. That investigation ruined baseball just like the HGH testing will ruin the NFL.

161. Thanks, don't sweat it.

162. I don't have a problem with spanking but this is assault with intent to injure. He needs to be put away if any of this shit is true. This was disturbing just to read.

163. Layla is wearing the shit out of those pants

164. I'd probably have sex with that woman, given an opportunity.

165. EXACTLY. If what WiffleBat posted above is true this is felonious assault.

166. Well they just put up Nitro '95 & '96 last week if that gets your gears goin'.

167. "Paige is mine, I don't want to share her..."

In-Ter-Es-Ting

168. Shit gets updated when more facts become available.

On 9/11, it was just an accidental plane crash until the second plane hit.

169. Does anybody here think the Vikings might cut Peterson?

170. It's funny WWE they banned the Piledriver but still let people do Diving Headbutts.

171. If this thing is true, they should.

172. Piledrivers happen on occasion. RARE occasion.

173. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Not a chance.

174. Piledrivers are no kickout moves, just like the DDT should be.

175. And Ray Rice was just trying to keep his woman in line. Discipline!

176. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I've seen one the WWE in the last 5 years or so.

177. "Everything outside this helmet is yours. Everything inside is mine." Richard Pryor quoting Jim Brown after supposedly biting some player's finger off.

178. Didn't stop them from pushing Batista.

179. And they let Cena Kickout, never kickout of a piledriver. learn that too ROH.

180. Don't forget this!

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."

181. If there is a runner on 3rd and less than two outs, Justin Upton will strike out. Every single time

182. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I'm pretty sure Punk called that one on the fly, and got bitched out for it later.

183. Diving Headbutts are a shoulder bump if you do it right.

184. News doesn't all come in at once

185. Adam "Colorado" CurrySeptember 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I've always hated that move, looks like it would do more damage to the guy doing the move than the guy taking it.

186. Still dangerous move, look at Race, Kid, Benoit.

187. Tell me more about how you have real life experience in the wrestling industry.

188. What's a Peterson?