Monday, October 13, 2014

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-OHN....line?

I can only hope that he was actually fired for choking out Daniel Bryan with a tie in his final revenge for the Nexus invasion.

1. By all accounts, Roberts was a genuinely good guy, and it always seemed like he genuinely enjoyed his job. I guess times really ARE tough.

2. Blake' I can see what your saying... Jacqueline `s storry is inconceivable... on wednesday I got a great new Chevrolet after having made USD7837 this-past/5 weeks and more than USD10 thousand this past m0nth . without a doubt its the most comfortable W­0RK I have ever had . I actually started 9-m0nth ago and straight away was bringin home more than USD70 per/hr . Check This Out>>>>TURNOVERSYSTEM....

3. In the words of Bob Uecker's character in "Major League," dynamite drop-in, Monte! That broadcasting school's REALLY paid off!

4. Gunther the Nasty LoserOctober 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM

'Sup, Blake?!

5. Weak, I liked Justin Roberts over Lilian Garcia

6. Are they really this hard up for money? How much was this guy making?

7. This opens the door to bring in Gary Michael Cappeta.

8. Well, this creates a spot for Jo Jo on the main roster and in the cast of 'Total Divas'.

9. Yeah, but he choked in the clutch.

10. This final day of an ad-free Network experience was brought to you by the termination of Justin Roberts.

11. He made me appreciate Howard Finkel a lot more, he did. Yeah, the Jeeee-uhn Ceeeeee-nuh line is playing on a loop in hell. Hideous announcing. Never gave anything the big match feel, ever.

12. The Ghost Of Meekin's MoobsOctober 14, 2014 at 2:05 AM

I prefer Tony Chimmel anyway

13. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Between Josh Matthews and Justin Roberts, the WWE is determined to fire any broadcasting personality I can stand (yeah, I liked Justin, FUCK YOU)

So help me if Renee is next.

14. davidbonzaisaldanamontgomeryOctober 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Quit horsing around.

15. The RRRRATED R....SOUPERSTAR!

16. I thought Josh Matthews was pretty decent. I also though Josh Grisham got pretty good near the end(if you forget his horrendous performance when Christian showed up in ECW)

17. Everything makes me appreciate the Fink. His voice is etched in my mind with so many classic moments. Was really cool when he returned for one night to announce Punk's title win at Survivor Series. Really cool.

18. Renee is safe. If anything, Tony Chimmel and Lilian Garcia are next.

I'm pretty sure those two were going to be on the chopping block last month until WWE realized TNA needed a ring announcer for their last TV tapings and WWE kept them solely to keep TNA from getting them.

19. I always hated hearing THE UNDERRRRRRTAYKERRRRR in his perpetually pre-pubescent tone.

20. Ring announcers really do need a bit more of a baritone voice. And I say this as someone who has anything but.

21. This is the greatest news ever if this eventually leads to them just using the Fink

22. Oh and t minus 3...2... until ARi gets "future endeavored". Along with all the other useless "Superstars" being utilized on things like NXT or the Raw preshow.

23. Well Dunn >>> Kevin Dunn

24. They should use his voice long after his death. Just record his voice and create Hatsune Finku.

25. I liked that dude from The Montreal Screwjob.

26. Both members of Well Dunn certainly had better teeth than Kevin Dunn.

27. We'll find out how tough times are if they resort to hiring Matty In The House.

28. Note that Justin Roberts wasn't "fired". They just didn't offer him a new contract after the old one ended.

29. At any rate, he's gone and good riddance. He's the worst contribution to wrestling announcing besides Dakota Booth, Willie Watts and Matty In The House.

30. I guess they talked Christy Hemme out of her booking position at TNA

31. No Lillian vs Justin loser leaves WWE match first?

32. Why was Vince jordan future endeavored?

33. Great news guys!!! I heard Bryan will indeed miss an ADDITIONAL 6-12 months to heel up... Which means the Roman Reigns push is a go!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

34. Heel up? But Bryan is fine as a face.

35. I imagine that Kevin Dunn's teeth are the closest he has ever come to beaver.

36. Its a shame Daniel Bryan got hurt because watching Brock Lesnar destroy him wouldve made sitting through his horrible YES movement worth while....Either way i am glad that for once the WWE is going in the RIGHT direction by building towards a fantastic WM 31 mainevent in Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns. There is no doubt that Roman Reigns is the future of the WWE and having him beat Brock at WM would be HUGE, so kudos to the WWE for giving us what we REALLY want. Daniel Bryan can sit at home and milk his injuries so he can make his Total Divas money but the WWE is thriving without him.

37. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 5:41 AM

I thought he was their golden boy.

38. Well, don't be too sure about that just yet.

39. I know, I love hearing about people losing their job. It's the best, right?

40. The Love-Matic Grampa!October 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Puns really make me bridle.

41. JEEEE-OOOUURRR FIRRRED!

42. Justin Roberts always had the uncanny ability to make big moments feel as small as possible. That's a talent.

43. Yeah, but no Jim Ross to say at the beginning of the broadcast, "Let's get to the first match of the evening, and GARY..MICHAEL...CAPTETTA."

44. Shut up, person who's not Meekin.

45. I didn't watch the show and never do, but here are the reasons why everyone should like it.....

1. Boobs. Not the divas, but Cesaro's.
    2. Ask yourself the weekly question, "Who's dick DID Miz suck?"
    3. Randy Orton formula: Take a shit for 15 minutes, RKO, give my match ***1/2.
    4. Count the Cena towels in the audience. It's a game for the whole family!

Repeat.

46. I'd assume you were by some overzealous person who thinks you a troll

47. Oh well, TUNE IN TO NITRO TO FIND OUT I guess!

48. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Never was I so happy to read news and then realize it was a troll.

49. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Is David Penzer unavailable?

50. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cena and Orton rivalry started in the Summer of 07.

51. Really, you were banned?

52. Only it feels like it started in 1952.

53. http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-update-daniel-bryans-health-future-wwe/

Happy now?

54. I logged on from a different computer, and tried to post several times, and it was always a sort of "banned" error message. Just for fun, I tried again late yesterday night, and it worked. Hope I don't get banned for realz, it would make my work days much longer. :)

55. The Love-Matic Grampa!October 14, 2014 at 6:56 AM

They really want Cena/Orton to be this epic, era-defining rivalry (and I'm sure it will be remembered that way in WWE-produced historical pieces) like Frazier/Ali or Bird/Magic, but it's really pretty average if not mediocre.

56. Weird. I never banned you but I have had some problems with Disqus where it does not recognize my post and I have to click on it a few times. Was it that type of message?

57. Actually, I did successfully post 2-3 times, then 5 minutes later, trying to write "CANE NOELLE!!" in the daily update, Banned. with a weird error message. Not a "you are not logged in properly" type, but a "you got banned" type.

So the question is, was the banning the glitch? Or is the fact that I can post now a glitch? hmmm...

58. The banning had to been a glitch. I dont know who would have banned you yesterday.

59. AverageJoeEverymanOctober 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM

I wasnt a fan of her look last night, not sure why but it just didnt work for me like usual, maybe if she had her hair down

60. A big poopy head, that is who!!!!!

61. What the hell is Sescoops?

62. Give Me Sport is a total clickbait site. "You won't BELIEVE which Man Utd star is set to quit Old Trafford!". Stuff like that. They make mountains out of molehills.

63. Nah, Ambrose v Rollins needs an epic match, and Hell in the Cell is the most epic match they can do which isn;t Wrestlemania. Cena/Rollins would have been good, but it doesn't need Hell in a Cell.
    Having Cena/Orton headline is pretty stupid though. I hope they change their mind on that.

64. But it's not on the FLAG of Russia. Which is what I said.

65. I didn't generally have a problem with Roberts, but boy howdy do I hate the way he pronounces "WWE Championship".

66. MikeyMike, WitnessOctober 14, 2014 at 7:20 AM

It would have been pretty awesome, I think, if Orton had beaten HHH at Mania. Instead he lost, won the belt in that dumb Backlash six man tag, and then lost it to Batista before winning it right back.

67. AverageJoeEverymanOctober 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM

he would have liked that too I would imagine

68. WWE CHAMP!-ion-ship! UGGGHH.

69. As long as DJ Ran is also on that list, we're good.

70. Stranger in the AlpsOctober 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Justin Roberts must have been found to be instigating the CM Punk chants off camera.

71. ambrose rollins needs blood for the match to make sense

72. I hated the Johhhhn Cena thing, and how he said "Worrrld" before WC matches. But the worst thing (and it's probably a Vince thing) was him never calling something a main event, or saying anything to make the final match special. I'm sure that one's not just him.

73. YankeesHoganTripleHFanOctober 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Randolph and Mortimer Dude say hi.

74. You're going to hell, man.

75. So WWE 2K15 is already outdated before it's even released?

76. What do you think it would take to get Michael Cole and-or Jerry Lawler canned? Because that would be super.

77. I'd say its on par with the previous editions from the last 74 years.

78. Exactly. They do this stupid half assed booking where both guys wind up looking less than ideal. They're just trained to think this way it seems. But seriously, the big show can't take a loss? This guy was around for the dungeon of doom, it's time to move on...

79. Sure, but do you have any desire to watch them ever again? While both are competent in the ring, I wouldn't watch them wrestle if they set up a ring in my front yard and paid me to sit there and watch. It's one thing if this was 1976 and they were touring the territories in front of new fans, but at this point a matchup couldn't get more lazy and boring.

80. THIS!. While I appreciate a great match, when the WWE has shown us time and time again that the results has ZERO meaning, it's hard to get into it.

81. There are far worse things in life to like. Adam Sandler films, for instance.

82. Isn't it great that the guy WWE never REALLY wanted to push is no longer an issue?

83. I was not a fan of this guy at all. His exaggerated pronunciations were grating as hell, and as you said, he never made a big match FEEL like one. Hell, even Jeremy Borash made big title matches feel like an event by introducing the ref ("the man in charge"), giving some stats on the wrestlers other than just hometown and weight, and my favorite, "the reigning and defending Champion of the World!"

84. Great great great news! Fuck that guy.

85. What are the chances that Joe McHugh is still alive?

86. Hopefully this means they'll hire Gary Michael Cappetta.

87. It is on the FLAG of the Russian President, that Putin guy who has a better Titantron than half of the roster.

Just give up. You're an American. You can't beat me at world geography.

88. Have you ever noticed how much your avatar looks like a big nobbly cock?

89. I just can't imagine mustering such a strong opinion about a ring announcer that I'd be happy someone lost their job.

90. I've only just seen this. Arguing the same point with Mr. PG in this thread. But you made the point first, so go you!

91. I feel for the guy but I HATED his style. Tony Chimmel is actually much better, but when u have the Fink on staff and not announcing, I just don't get it.

92. "
    "Lunatic Fringe" (song), recorded in 1981 by Red Rider for their album As Far as Siam
    LFNG, a gene in the Notch pathway
    "Lunatic Fringe", an episode of The Net (TV series)
    A screensaver that is part of the After Dark screensaver pack
    A secret level of the computer game Duke Nukem 3D
    A snowboard produced by Liberace Technologies
    Nickname given to WWE wrestler Dean Ambrose
    "
    There are some old band t-shirts for the punk band Lunatic Fringe who apparently don't merit a Wikipedia page. They're kind of cool in a crusty old punk sort of way. Would actually suit Ambrose I think, there's that stark black-on-white 'Stone Cold 3:16' to them...

93. Meltzer said last night that Bryan still has no strength and likely needs surgery, although he should have done that back in august

94. Fink's probably perfectly happy in the front office, "retired".

95. Consider:

Right now, somewhere online, there's someone writing 'rants' about Cena vs. Orton as though it were Sting vs. Flair, with Brock Lesnar in the Vader role and Rybaxel as though Ryback were the Twitter Loose Cannon and Curtis Axel was the new Stunning Steve.

96. Which, the more I think about it, makes me think that Tom Philips is going to run the company. Makes you glad for reality doesn't it?

97. I thought it was a pretty fun show for the most part.

98. I don't have an avatar. If you mean the generic placeholder thing they gave me, I'd suggest you have issues.

99. Generally, yes. The problem is it's basically the same match every time.

100. He's not the best color man in the business for nothing, folks!

101. IMO if you suck at your job you deserve no sympathy for losing it.

102. who ever said that?

103. I still watch that spot from the 2011 Rumble where they try a retake of Warrior/Hogan from 90 with these two and there is *nothing*. Just to cheer myself up sometimes, y'know? It is fucking wonderful.

104. It's because of his ties to Punk

105. Seemed like a decent guy, but he never had the voice to be an announcer.

106. She's gonna go to ESPN, anyway.

107. Todd. Todd Grisham.

108. Suggestion noted and cheerfully discarded!

109. The Russian Presidential standard still uses the double headed eagle. Given that part of Rusev and Lana's schtick is proclaiming their love to Russian President Vladimir Putin? It works.

110. So is Lillian back fulltime now, or are they giving it to some new young punk they lowball salary to?

111. Speaking of HIMYM, if you want the sight of Neil Patrick Harris ruined for you forever, watch "Gone Girl."

112. True, but at least let him announce a *few* big PPV matches per year. Him not announcing the main-event at each WM is just so wrong.

113. Two words: Mike. Adamle.

114. "Guest" was me; don't know why it didn't register as me when I replied.

115. One would think that if he wanted to announce something since retiring, he'd have done so.

116. Who else could get all up in your area?

117. If I have to put up with Cena/Orton again to see Rollins/Ambrose, then I'm happy to make that sacrifice. The Cena match being the main event? That sucks, if it's true.

118. I've never really given much thought to Justin Roberts one way or the other.

119. Maybe they'll have Lilian do RAW, and move Brandi Rhodes up to Smackdown. More camera time for Brandi isn't a bad thing.

120. Biff Kensington IIIOctober 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I wish the guy well in real life, but I was never a big fan of his announcing style. He kind of came across like a dweeb, and had a habit of diminishing the moment. For what it's worth, I'm not really a fan of Lillian Garcia either, but I grew up on Howard Finkel, so what do I know.

121. Like in "Ninja the Wonder Boy"

122. I like him atleast too introduce the Royal Rumble #1 and #2 entries.

"Here is the man who drew NUMBER one!"

123. He sucked, but he was the best of the bunch, so of course they shitcanned him.

124. Last year's version was outdated beyond belief just for getting rid of the "Create An Entrance Video" option for no valid reason.

125. Special consideration is given to DJ Ran, Mike Adamle, Todd Kenely and Jason Hervey.

126. It's all the same to me if they have the match or not. Like most people here I'm interested in HIAC due to Ambrose-Rollins.
    Cena-Orton will at least be watchable if you feel like checking it out, and if you don't you can be confident you haven't missed anything.

127. Years down the road it's not really going to matter which match went on last and which match went on second-to-last. When we think of KOTR '98, we think of Undertaker-Mankind, which didn't go on last. Rock-Hogan didn't go on last at WM18. There are plenty of shows in which the most memorable match was not the main event.

128. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM

While he was never the best in my opinion, he was a solid hand, gonna be sad to see him go.

129. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Yeah, that should be a requirement.

130. "Yep Mode" ABeyAnce1©October 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM

The rated R......SUPERstar.....Edge.
    How I hated that.

131. How does this list not include JBL. Who is the worst. By a mile.

132. Vince dying.

133. Loved using him as Punk's personal ring announcer at Survivor Series 2011. Of course it was during Heel Cole so that jerkoff talked all over it, but.

134. SUCH an easy mark for specifically saying "reigning and defending."

135. Power_of_Hogans_HOF_RingOctober 14, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Great review and rating. I'd got 8.5 (if you do halves), but like you said, top to bottom, quality stuff.

136. Wonder why Ambrose changed Dirty Deeds? I liked the headlock driver, no one else had done anything like that. Its practically the same bump, if not more protected in the headlock driver.

137. I just remember him introducing Taker at WM 27 during the Johnny Cash entrance. Very subdued, quiet and almost begged for silence. Yet Roberts screams THEEEEE UNDERRRRRRTAKERRRRR right in the middle of it and almost took me aback it was so out of place. The guy never could quite make his announcing mesh with the moment.