BoD Evening Thread

If you aren't going out tonight, talk about everything else that is going on here.

Comments

1. I always end up missing the really interesting stuff on here. :(

2. So, who had a breakdown last night?

3. Kyle Fitta. I only caught the beginning but it got intense lol

4. I'm watching Starrcade 1985. Back in the reginoal/territorial days, wrestling on Thanksgiving was kind of a big deal -- you'd eat turkey with the family then go out and watch the local wrestling show. Anyway in honor of what my ancestors did on Thanksgiving, I'm watching Starrcade 1985, courtesy of the WWE Network. I simulatenously love the WWE Network and hate it. While it's awesome I can just pull up this random show, why the fuck aren't they airing a ton of old Thanksgiving shows on the live stream right now?

5. He got the ban hammer, didn't he?

6. Just started up DX: IYH. Brian Christopher in the finals against Taka for the Light Heavyweight belt.

7. No he just deleted his posts to my knowledge

8. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:23 PM

No, he deleted all his posts and hasn't been heard from since.

It was a 4/10 meltdown, pretty lame shit.

9. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:24 PM

That's a terrible match.

10. Loved going out on Thanksgiving Eve, but my first son was born on Friday, so I have zero reason to go out and every reason to stay home.

Glady accepting suggestions as to what Network item to cue up while hanging out with him through the night.

11. Taka- good wrestler

Brian- terrible.

12. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Pretty much. And while Brian might technically be a cruiserweight, size-wise, he has no clue how to work that style of match. It's like the anti-WCW criuser match, lots of stalling and resting, very few highspots, and a dead as shit crowd. WWF didn't have a clue with those guys.

13. Would have been better if they let Scott Taylor go to the finals

14. Happy Thanksgving night to all the American readers.

15. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Or Christian .

16. Feeling better but still staying in tonight

17. Dusty should have won the strap legit at the show, see if the Golden Boy Babyface act could draw big down south like it was for Vince and Hulk at the time.

Worst case scenario, just have Slick Ric win it back in March to set up Dusty's "last chance" for the Bash tour.

18. Taka had no transitions between moves and Brian had no moves between stalling.
    both would get a lot better thankfully

19. I don't think he was in the company yet

20. Something Thanksgiving. Like a Starrcade or a Survivor Series.

21. He didn't debut for nearly a year after this.

22. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I think he was, but come to think of it he hadn't made his debut yet, IIRC he won this title in his first match.

23. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Was this 97 or 98?

24. I thought he quit like three months ago?

25. Congrats. dude

26. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM

He's quit a few times, he was the original update guy like 3 years ago.

27. this was December 97, didn't he debut in September 98? I know he won the lightheavyweight title in his debut on the PPV. It was either Breakdown or Judgement Day.

28. Where's the CEO Scott Keith when we need him.

29. All you lazy bums enjoy sitting on the couch watching tv and getting FAT! I'm at work typing on the computer and getting fat.

30. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I would't say Christopher got better, they just paired him with someone to hide his weaknesses.

31. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM

OK, I thought this was Dec. 98.

32. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM

He's been letting the inmates run the asylum for a while now.

33. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I'm sitting on my bed, but year.

34. Why would you want FAT? Reformat your hard drive and use NTFS instead.

35. No wonder this country is going down the toilet. AAAAHHHHH

36. Virgil's Gimmick TableNovember 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM

DE ONLY TING DAT DISGUSTS ME MORE DEN DESE FATASS REDNECKS STUFFIN THEIR FACES WIT TURKEY AND PIE AN ALL DAT OTHER CRAP ON TANKSGIVIN IS DA ONES DAT CAN' EVEN WAIT TIL DA DAY IS OVER TA BUY PRESENTS.

37. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I blame the schools.

38. While he wasn't great in his Grandmster Sexay phase, he was a lot better than he was when he first arrived in the WWF. He took a while to lose the Memphis style, which lashed with everyone else.

39. Cuz I'm still on Windows 95 PLAYA!

40. Thanksgiving is celebrated on Wednesday now? I didn't get the memo.

41. Anyone attending the SSW Thanksgiving Extravaganza?

42. Los Boricuas vs DOA. Ahhhhhhh

43. these people wanted prayer out of the schools........now they have to DEAL WITH IT!

44. I am impressed that you found a browser that still works.

45. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM

He also turned face. Kind of hard to do all that Memphis crap when you're just selling for 5 minutes until you can make the hot tag so Scotty can do the dumbest wrestling move ever.

46. considering how ad the matches were it amazed me how many times these two gangs would battle

47. Survivor Series Countdown show.

48. The government may try to take prayer out of schools and guns out of our homes but they will never take away windows 95 compatibility!

49. Biff Kensington IIINovember 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Torn meniscus in my knee. Hernia that hurts like a bitch. Stomach bug keeping me from keeping anything in me. Now the familiar flank pain letting me know that a sharp, pointy rock is in my kidney.

At this point, I'd almost rather croak. Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday, I guess.

50. Was the worm dumber than The Peoples Elbow or the French Tickler?
    The Worm was massively over at least and got a great reaction in every match.

51. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I've never even seen 95, first PC I used had 98.

52. Head over to Oregon. You're only six months away from sweet, legal death.

53. had 95 in Jr high. We were using IBM before that.

54. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Dumber than the elbow? I'd say so, but that's just nitpicking (see also: 5 knuckle shuffle). I don't even know what a French Tickler is, unless you're talking about a vibrator.

55. Jesus man, I'm........sorry? Or something. I don't empathy.

Put on Badd Blood 2004, your head will hurt worse than any of those other things.

56. Watching Gone with the Wind aka How long can Rhett put up with Scarlets shit?

57. I'm surprised WWE has never had a character whose whole concept that he was poor. You have had the working man (dusty rhodes, steve austin), the down on his luck guy (hbk with jbl, flair in the later years) and the rich guy (hhh, del rio, dibiase x2). How about the ultimate babyface who rose up from dirt poor beginnings and rises all the way to become the top guy in the business and then he turns heel once he gets there?

58. I brought work home, typing from me desktop in my living room tragically.

59. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM

My schools had Apples. Old ones too, we were still using the II in the early 90s.

60. The reduction of the Rings causes him to be turned?

61. sorry to hear that. Get well soon

62. if it was just a 2 hour movie, great movie
    at 4 hours, holy shit I wanted to kill Scarlett by the end.

63. Thankfully it stopped soon. Skull and 8 Ball continued to suck for the better part of 98 though with their dumb LOD2000 feud.

64. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get better man.

65. When dude said "I don't give a damn" I marked hard for years, that was like the only cussing I was allowed to hear with no issue for a long time.

66. It was Rene Dupree's signature move than was designed to be similar to the Five Knuckle Shuffle, except a lot crappier.

67. Men today would hit it and quit it about 20 times.

68. My first was a VIC-20. 3.5 KB of usable RAM!

69. They can hire Scott Stapp 😟

70. Holiday or not, I don't there would be any way to find it in me to go bar hopping on a Wednesday night.

71. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I'm surprised there's never been a tag team or stable called the IWC. You'd think Russo would have been ALL OVER that shit.

72. Finally! Working yourself to death like a real true patriotic American. I salute you

73. Too many Thanksgiving reunion crowds, amateurs back and stuck at their parents. Yuck.

74. Couldn't you argue that was Punk?

75. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:46 PM

The article on him I saw earlier makes me think he's on meth. Team him with Balls Mahoney.

76. WCW had DDP win the lottery and be a dick about it.

77. Jamie Noble was portrayed as living in a Trailer Park and there was The Brooklyn Brawler who was meant to be down on his luck. I can't think of anybody higher up the card however.

78. Oh it's been 4 years of this shit, I don't lol a lot because I'm relaxed.

79. You have a desktop in your living room?

I have a very old Mac desktop I'm going to fire up this weekend and see what happens. Very old means circa 2003-4.

80. We had those Apple things in the 80s. I don't know the model. You guys know the one with the green screen that we only used to play Oregon Trail. How do you beat that game without everyone dying, anyway?

81. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM

That wouldn't be enough memory to display a picture of itself!

82. I finally saw this about 3 years ago, and what I got from it is "Slavery is cool, and the slaves are happy to do it".

83. I hated the fact it was his finisher. If it was his secondary move like the Elbow, it would be fine.

84. I brought my Mac desktop from work, I'm gonna figure out how to run a printshop over Thanksgiving.

85. Lol! There's something wrong with him. I think he pissed off about everyone in the world when he had money. I don't see a good ending.

86. IBM 386 SX with IBM-DOS, we eventually got MS-DOS 6 (I could DOUBLE MY HARD DRIVE) and Windows 3.1 for that muthafucka.

87. God the women on this movie are such trifling bitches.

88. I was definitely thinking along those lines. Specific suggestions always recommended. Thought maybe SS '87 to introduce him to how cool the show's concept originally was.

89. We had Oregon Trail when I was in Junior High.

90. It's a "big drinking night" but that doesn't correlate to fun.

91. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM

That's the one. And I have no idea how to beat the game, I always had to go back to class before I got the chance. I always got pissed that I could kill a 900lb bear but only carry 100lbs of meat.

92. Eh, watched it already. Kind of a waste and seemed it was rushed when put together.

93. Now I think I know what I need to do with my holiday break. Is there anyway to get that to play on a modern pc?

94. I'd introduce that boy to some Macho asap. Grats

95. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM

How could something be *a lot* crappier than that?

96. What do you teach?

97. Dying of Dysentery was like middle finger from the game to me.

98. Mark Mero with a buzzcut acting like the douche boyfriend was alright.

99. Read about 95% of Jericho's latest book so far (up to CM Punk angle); great book and a quick read. I'm glad it focuses a lot less on his fozzy stuff and more about the behind the scenes angles of WWE. I wish he had a little bit more on his home life. It feels like he's never home with wife and kids. So far, there is maybe only like 2 pages total spent on them. For much of the book, I thought he got divorced or never got married and had no kids because he barely mentions them.

100. Starrcade 85 -- they added entrance music for Abdullah the Butcher and Manny Fernandez's entrances. Like everyone had entrace music in 1985.

Also, a FAN went after Abby and the cameras caught all of it.

This is a Mexican Death Match: the winner has to climb a pole and book a sombrero. To steal a Jim Cornette joke (which is okay since it's seven years old), this match is proof that Vince Russo is a time traveler who travels back in time to book ridiculous match stipulations.

Not even a minute in Manny is bleeding.

101. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM

There's probably a website that you could play a Flash copy on. And I think they still make updated versions.

102. I've only been 21 for 4 months and I'm already meh on the whole thing.

103. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Was there any other way to die, really?

104. they were not babyfaces though for much of their runs

105. He mentioned on the podcast that he kind of likes keeping his home life away from the spotlight, he's not scared to talked about it but he's not trying to push it out there either I guess. I dunno, I'd be the same, I'd be Taker levels of trying to keep my shit on the DL if I ever got notoriety.

106. Still the dumbest law ever. Some technically has to be on their Junior year of college to legally have a beer. Idiotic.

107. No it really wasn't. He was getting to be a really good worker before the knee injury in early 97 totally derailed his career.

I actually got an autographed "Johnny B Badd" picture sent to me in college in 1996 when I reached out to him via email from the old rec.sport.pro-wrestling message group.

108. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I have no idea how to use DOS at all. Anytime I see a emulator or whatever that's command-line driven I don't even bother downloading it.

109. Smart, if anything stay home. Cheaper, younger friends can hang, and people can just crash the couch if they get too buzzed.

110. I was about to post the same thing. You don't need to put that shit out there.

111. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Talentless fucker should have never had that money to begin with.

112. With Foley's books, he talks a lot about his wife and kids. I wish he would mention at least a story or two about his home life or much more than a passing sentence about how his metal/dancing/wrestling life affected his family.

113. It was so over than nobody has cared enough to put a video of it on Youtube (I just looked)
    Typing ECW Zombie gets you 17000 results but nobody cared enough to upload the French Tickler

114. It was pretty awful. The struggles of getting beer from 17-20 was an experience I look back on with hatred.

115. Are you talking Apple IIe? lol

116. Pretty much this and it doesn't cost me 100 bucks to drink as much as I want.

117. For me, it was getting beer from my parents from 16 to 18, then actually being able to legally drink at 19. But yep, 21. ok then!

118. Wasn't talking about workrate. He sucked as a wrestler after he got hurt

119. For real, can buy five bottles for the price of taking one bottle worth of shots at a bar.

And then you have to wait for them to bring it too, forget it, couch island always.

120. I blame society and the parents.

121. Adam "Colorado" CurryNovember 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I never knew had a wife and kids until now.

122. The fact that an 18 year old can buy a pack of cigarettes but not a 6-pack is just wrong.

I'd be willing to bet binge drink deaths would reduce significant if the legal drinking age was 18.

123. I wouldn't say he was ever a really god worker. At best he was serviceable and the Marc Mero thing relly showed his lack of charisma which the Johnny B Badd gimmick had helped to hide.

124. He could always bring back a girl in her late 20s that's sad she's the last of her friends to get married!

125. 7 years ago, I went on a trip with a bunch of 18-26 year olds to poland/israel. The 18-20 year olds got so shit-faced and gambled so much at the casinos.

126. Alright, people heading over I might be back later who knows, if not you guys have a most excellent Thanksgiving.

I'll have the rebuilt Fitta meltdown sometime tomorrow, I assume Bayless set a daily thread post.

127. SurSer 88 was better than 87 as they had a bit more experience in what they wanted to d and thus It went a lot smoother.

128. I didn't say 18 year olds were smart. Hell, there aren't that many smart 21 year olds either.

129. Happy Thanksgiving!

130. That makes sense because everyone should be nineteen by the end of their Freshman year.

131. You went to Poland....then Israel? Random

132. Fuck that noise, whenever I buy my drinks, I just buy it all at once so I don't have fight the crowds in 10 minutes.

133. The way I see it, "an 18 year old can get shot and killed for his country in a war, but can't drink a beer for 3 more years".

134. Jamie Noble may not have been ( I barely remember, the cruiserweights barely got tv time let alone constant storylines) but wasn't the Brooklyn Brawler mainly a face wrestler?

135. Jewish Birthright trip

136. Spent like 3 hours today playing Smash. Such a fun game. My favorite to use so far has been Kirby.

137. it was in the heenan family

138. Fair enough, I'd have to go to like....wherever we came from before the 20's

139. He was a great worker in 94 95 wcw. One of the reasons he got a nice contract from vince

140. He had the 2nd best match on the ppv from May-October of 1996 when the guy having the best match on the ppv was Shawn Michaels. Don't believe everything HHH says on his DVDs... Mero was a good worker.

141. Which Mick Foley was childishly jealous of.

142. I think that's it.

143. I hated that scotty continued to do that spot until he left in 05 to little reaction.

144. Foley was great in the ring too, he deserved a good contract. It was just insanely bad timing for Foley. He'd made his deal with Vince in December of 95, and by March Vince had to start offering guarantees to get guys like Mero and Pillman (probably Vader too, who he signed in January).

145. Considering there hasn't been a Mero DVD, do you mean on one of the HHH DVD's HHH randomly started insulting Mero or was there actually a reason for it?

146. Good evening - Back in my younger days - Thanksgiving Eve was the one of the biggest party nights of the year.

147. Yes. HHH goes out of his way to bury Mero as a bad worker on his DVD, probably because he was mad at Mero's comments on the news shows after 2007. HHH wasn't exactly setting the world on fire as a worker in 1996 either.

148. The Foley's don't seem to be super private people though. Understandable that some would want to keep some things private.

149. Happy Early Thanksgiving everyone.

150. It bugged me that he never was specific about the dollar value of paydays. just stuff like "smaller than usual payout", or "one of the biggest PPV cheques i've ever had", etc etc. Bret always used exact dollar amounts, ($50K for WM 8, $500k for WM 9 for example)

151. Cause they're stupid

152. Still watching Starrcade 85, this is the third match on this show (Black Bart v. Ron Bass) and the 2nd where both guys juiced. Ah, 1985.

153. Dustin was in horrible shape during this TAFKA Goldust run.

154. He didn't get good until the Foley feud in mid 97. but unlike Mero after a couple of years he became a great wrestler (before the abuse, starts to rain, yes I'm serious he put on any number of 4-5 star matches between 98 & 01 with a wide variety of opponents)

155. Love Starrcade '85. I really enjoyed most of the early Starrcade shows and especially the Survivor Series shows. Starrcade '84 isn't very good, but the rest of them from the eighties are descent to good. I really like the 1989 show, I know most people don't though.

156. Foley? Well, at least he did mention how much money he walked away from in WCW. I can understand the WWF thing since he was still kinda active there at the time the book was released.

157. I assumed this was why the character was changed to TAFKA Goldust so that he was kept out of the rig as he barely wrestled during that period and hen he did there were enough gimmicks to cover for him.

158. The worst.

Watching the early part of his first run earlier he was so creepy it was great, and I was thinkning how later with Luna it was just shock for shock's sake and it didn't work. Early Goldust was gay and subtle mind games and just fantastic work that was actually getting somewhere (he flirts with Ramon to gets in his head).

159. He melted down like butter on my mashed potatoes.

160. Punk will be on Colt's podcast tomorrow and finally break his silence about him leaving wwe.

161. Wasn't there a locker room rule against that? Or was that only a WWF thing?

162. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Go watch Griffith's "Birth of a Nation" if you haven't already. The Reconstruction is seen as the KKK's coming out party as heroes. It even has Christ superimposed over the festivities at the end.

163. That's actually true, I now recall he used some figures for WCW. Good points.

164. They're actually just gonna read their screenplay for The Marine V.

165. Probably watch a few classic Survivor Series matches. I've already watched the whole shows from 1987-91. So probably Bret vs Shawn from 1992, Flair/Razor vs Savage/Perfect from 1992, Main event and opening match from 1993, and maybe Bret vs Diesel from 1995.

166. Juicing? In THE SOUTH? It was fucking requried.

167. Watching the in-ring promo with Taker, I wonder how much Vince had to talk Taker into letting Goldust do the things he did.

168. That'll be interesting.

169. Kurt Angle is going to be at my local wrestling promotion this Sunday. (1) Should I go and (2) What should I have him autograph?

170. Does anyone know how payouts work now? If guys have guaranteed contracts then how does buyrates and the like factor in? Is that a bonus or someone part of the yearly salary?

171. whatever vince wants to give

172. I mean as far as guys working the undercard.

173. is he in the ring or just doing an autograph session?

174. It's typically a "downside" guarantee, IE you're guaranteed to make 100,000 dollars a year, but typically most guys make over that based on the payouts from merchandise and ppv buyrates and that sort of thing.

175. If you're not guaranteed that future payouts will be to your satisfaction, you quit.

176. Sure, why not? Have any of his merch or anything like that? If not, go to like a crafts store or a trophy store and buy a cheap plastic gold medal and have him sign it.

177. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Judging by the 1400 plus comments in both past nights thread and the daily update, it appears I have a lot of catching up to do tonight.

178. So I read today that Kevin Steen has been rechristened Kevin Owens & will be making his debut next month. I'm thinking if they book him the same way they booked Rhyno - it should be all good, no?

179. Nah nothing really happened. Zero of note.

180. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM

So, he had a meltdown?

181. What if you've already worked the dates listed in your contract and are asked to work more with no more guaranteed pay?

182. S'MORE!! S'MORE!! S'MORE!!

183. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonNovember 26, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I would. If you frequent signings and such get one item that everyone can sighn like a belt or something like that.

184. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 26, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Nothing doesn't happen here.

185. Nah just basic wrestling talk.

186. See if you can find his appearance on Pros vs Joes on DVD.

187. What if you are a big poopy head??

#MELTDOWN

188. Jobber was watching Judgment Day 09. That's basically all we talked about.

189. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Yeah, something is up alright. Especially when each comment saying otherwise is getting upvoted.

190. My sister, brother-in-law and a few of my co-workers went to a card with Flair, Morton and a few others. They all said it was sad. If Angle can no longer work then don't go. You don't want that image in your head.

191. I didn't see it myself, so I'm couching it with "rumor is."

But yeah I guess.

192. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonNovember 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I believe the reason Sting didn't do jack shit for a few months in WCW because he used up his number of paid dates. So he just hung out in the rafters.

193. Yo! I just read a comment that you caused the big Fitta meltdown?