BoD Friday Night Thread

Talk about everything going on tonight here

Comments

1. Biff Kensington IIINovember 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Just in case it wasn't already linked earlier, a YouTube version of the Punk interview:

2. The four sweetest words in the English language: Chicago-style stuffed pizza.

3. I assume everyone else is spending their evening in the same manner as I... researching PBN's with good trust flow, DA, and PR to be able to pass link juice to money sites in order to increase SERP ranking. AMIRITE?

4. My biggest black Friday tradition used to be watching the Nebraska-Colorado game. Colorado has since been replaced with Iowa State and that makes me sad.

5. If you mean reading a story about the inventor of Tetris then yeah

6. Anyone else working tonite? Ugh....thank god for XM Radio and sports betting...

7. this guy. Thankfully, it's dead and I'm just killing time.

8. It doesn't feel right seeing Iowa play he Huskers. At all.

9. Bird just flew up near the window.

Edit: It flew away.

10. Could they not just schedule Colorado anyway? These slapped together rivalries piss me off.

11. Chicago-style stuffed waistline.

12. I like watching Lockup on MSNBC, It's nice to see people who have worse weekends than me. I might not have much to do, but at no one has thrown feces on me! At least not yet.

13. Tetris wasn't "invented". It was manna from heaven.

14. Yeah, but I'll take it. I only get back to town once or twice a year, so I gotta make it count.

15. You're not a real ape.

16. pretty sure we both qualify

17. Say hi to CM Punk for us.

18. You're kinda right. The record books show it was invented by the Soviet gov't since it was done on their time and with their resources. Never thought anyone would refer to the U.S.S.R. as manna from heaven but whatever floats thy boat.

19. Bring in some new business, slacker.

20. So I can't cancel WWE Network but I saw that others were able to, what's up with that?

21. You can cancel, but the subscription doesn't expire until the end of the month.

22. end of December?

23. What are you talking about, the free month?

24. no, I'm on the 6 month commitment, WWF1987 said he was able to get out of it, I have no such option.

25. That I don't know.

26. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Smackdown tonight:

Battle royal for the US title
    Emma vs. Nikki Bella
    Ryback vs. Seth Rollins
    The New Day debuts in six man action
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper for the IC title.

27. I did have trouble using Chrome. Had to switch to IE to find the option to cancel.

28. You can cancel. Do you see the box that says something like "No committment $9.99" under your billing information? It has a box next to it to click it.

29. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Oh, so the battle Royal does happen.

30. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Actually, I've been spending time researching how to obtain rights to link to copyrighted material in order to present said material in a manner so that I may be able to acquire subscription fees from end users.

31. Wrestling characters that shouldn't have worked but did, GO:

Umaga

32. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Heh, Rowan does look like an upside down Sheamus.

33. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Eugene.

34. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM

WWE knows you listened to the Punk interview.

35. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Dolph Ziggler.

36. Anybody else think the Punk interview was overblown? Yeah it was good, but it wasn't as salacious as people made it out to be. I knew they were treating him like shit back in January.

37. Is that possible? I'd be surprised.

38. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I think I'm the only one who has/will not listen to it.

39. The New Day debuts in six man action
    FINALLY!

40. At a wedding reception held in the flats region of Cleveland. They are doing doubles for the Mixed drinks. Oy

41. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM

....still researching. Hoping to see "yes, you can".

42. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Put aside 2 hours, and listen to it, you won't regret it, it's quite the story.

43. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Not interested.

44. you working a hipster gimmick?

45. I just miss Punk

46. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I'm working a "got better things to do with my time" gimmick.

47. It's time to heal the nation the only way we know how... by partying!

48. Well, it won't exactly change your opinion on how WWE operates, that's for sure. Hasn't everyone known that they run like a semi-organised fraternity for eons now?

49. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Nice that they are remembering story lines.

50. Well Orton's still there, and he's just as talented and entertaining.

51. Paranoid Bob Backlund.

52. So the rejuvenation of Smackdown begins, wonder how long it'll last this time? Royal Rumble i'm guessing.

53. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Exactly. I read on a daily basis how things are run, and I have read ad nauseum on Punk and his personality. I'm sure there's nothing truly groundbreaking there.

54. Randy RULES

55. I just can't turn away. I didn't read the spoilers so I'm hoping their is no dancing but I know better.

56. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say Mania.

57. I like how pretty much all they have to do is tell Michael Hayes to book based on Raw and somehow they'll still fuck it up.

58. Yep, what with his inability to convey emotion verbally and contrived moveset. I get it.

59. It'd be nice, it's moving to Wednesdays up here so i'll be downloading and watching the 80-85 minute version come the new year.

It'll be a nice change of pace from those never-ending Raws.

60. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM

This has pretty much been the year of the battle royals.

61. No idea why so many people hate battle royals. I love them especially on a house show like this one.

62. Viper gimmick in 09 should have made him a megastar.

63. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I'm a fan of them.

64. That's the kind of dumb fun stuff they don't do anymore. Not surprised at all that it caught on

65. The Undertaker.

66. I can't imagine there's much there that's worth wasting 2 hours over that's not already in the written recap. Seemed like a great interview, but Punk's still a douche.

67. I will say though, how they ignored Punk's terrible injuries and illnesses while all the time promoting their "wellness" policy is pretty unbelievable. Anyone in their right mind would have given him a good six months off, paid, in 2013. Makes me wonder how banged up Bryan really is.

68. Rewatching Survivor Series on my iPod. Lets see if I like the show better on a second viewing

69. They can be pretty boring workrate wise but yeah i like em too. Always a fun diversion.

70. Battle royals are awesome.

71. I used to watch full movies and wrestling on my iPod touch before I got my Kindle. Weird seeing 3 inch wrestlers.

72. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Love tease eliminations.

73. Mr. Backkund was *gold*. If only Bob weren't a devoted family man and would have done that bit sooner.

74. Time for the RUSEV CRUSH

75. It wasn't even a gimmick. They just said "he's Randy Orton, THE VIPER!" and it meant nothing. He writhed around on the ground and acted like a snake for a bit and that was it. WWE tries with all their might to make him a megastar and they can't because he's a bum.

76. Just like tournaments.

77. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM

That's how I watch the shows.

78. I dig them. NWA/WCW did some cool ones. The GAB 89 one and the one in 1991 with El Gigante winning were fun

79. Dat Lana! Oh hey is that Curtis Axel in there? Haven't seen him in ages.

80. I FEEL LIKE GOD!

81. I wish they'd do a bit like that Sprite commercial in the 90s, complete with Big E shouting 'I went to Cambridge!'

82. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Some continuity with Cesaro.

83. It's gotta be said, too: Cabana is a worthless interviewer. Punk could've been in there with anyone.

84. Cesaro will be the first eliminated.

85. The only one that stands out in my mind is the one from SNME in 91. I think of it as Shawn's coming out party. Well, at least to me

86. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

He wasn't.

87. As long as they don't waste any cool Kofi save spots.

88. Justin Gabriel gets eliminated and the announcers don't even mention his name as they describe his elimination.

Might as well give TNA a try there bud.

89. That Big Show is big. I don't see how anyone is going to get him out.

90. Depends on if he still gets a taste of Jojo.

91. Yea its ok. Only have a touch, so no choice. Just load it with 6 hours worth of Stone Cold podcasts and wrestling and Modern Family

92. What did anybody ever see in Curtis Axel, besides his bloodline? He's a regular looking guy with a regular body with an ugly appendix scar, and he's not great at anything.

93. They need him to put over indy names in their nxt debuts. That's an important role.

94. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Or give Lucha Underground a try.

95. he was too caught up in letting everyone know that he and Punk are bff'

96. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:20 PM

He's a solid jobber.

97. I never saw much either, even with Paul E and his "feud" with HHH. Worth a spot on a 75 man roster?

Sure, but not much else.

98. Starting Survivor Series with a 15 minute promo...god...

99. They're easy entertainment

100. They could have at least made that t-shirt stand look somewhat legit.

101. It'd be a fun twist to take it in an unexpected direction.

102. He beats HHH at 25 and he's a megastar

103. He blew the spot of pulling out Rowan after too.

104. He's nothing. That Curtis Axel reveal by Heyman was such a wtf moment

105. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM

One Punks comment of WM, when did it become a part timer show? I'd say it started with 28.

106. Yep. 28 is about right.

107. With WWE doing away with ppv there is no reason for TLC to exist. With that being said, what's the greatest WWF/E December ppv? Are they all tied for last?

108. Yep, just like when he became the youngest world champion and became a megastar, and after every main event push he became a megastar... Honestly, why in 2009 would beating HHH make anyone a megastar?

109. Nothing against Samoans but I hate the Uso entrance.

I do give them credit tho for getting over. They were getting Charlie Haas heat their first 2-3 years in the company

110. December To Dismember

111. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Not the greatest, but I'm a fan of Armageddon 08 and TLC 10.

112. Either 2000 or 2001. Not great top to bottom cards but a good main event and a memorable moment respectively.

113. Punk was in that!

114. You mean Armageddon's vs. TLC ppv's, or best overall show?

115. all of them. Even IYH

116. In Your House V.

Enjoyed the Hogpen Match, proper feuds with Diesel vs Owen,Taker finishing off Mabel and a genuinely great Bret/Bulldog main event.

117. The Shield's first match!

118. what were the top matches in those?

119. That time I watched Mania 13 in December.

120. I must really not be paying attention.. It took me about 10 minutes of the Battle Royal to realize Cole was there. It was a good 10 minutes.

121. I miss the slightly blasphemous PPV names, like Judgment Day and Armageddon.

122. That and Ziggler vs. Cena were awesome.

123. Hmmm. Armageddon 2000, 2008, TLC 2012 were all cool

124. You didn't realise that Michael Cole was there?

125. Not a huge fan of Ziggler/Cena, that ending was blah for me.

126. Mizdow eliminates himself, only slightly less embarrassing than Mil Mascaras doing so at the Rumble way back when.

127. Man I don't remember anything about this show even though I should

128. It is the only choice, being the only PPV with December in the title.

129. I like that you felt the need to state that this wasn't racist lol.

130. 99 Armageddon was a surprisingly fun show, and there were tits

131. It's not blasphemous, but okay.

Oh wait... "The Crucifixion of Christ" was a good PPV back in the day.

132. Tyson Kidd getting a legit push? Can it be? A reward for shooting that embarrassing Total Divas storyline of him and his wife hating each other?

133. Samoans do make me sick though. Thick-skulled idiots.

134. Put the proper guys in that Chamber match and it could have been really good

135. Armageddon 2007 is a bit of an underrated beauty.

136. Wasn't that HHH vs Vince? I remember that as being awful. I will take your word cause I'm never going to watch it again

137. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Forgot about that one, good choice.

138. Eh, it's on in the background. I wish I knew what I was doing mentally to tune him out.

139. He might be getting a push due his NXT work.

140. Speaking of tits, show us yours.

141. what was the main?

142. Yes. It was way too long, but that was back when the HHH/Vince/Steph stuff was fresh and different

143. Stranger in the AlpsNovember 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Did anyone else just LOL at Sandow?

144. swagger has been cutting he own hair, i see

145. What the hell is happening with Jack Swagger's hair?

146. Speaking of fresh and different, show us your genitals.

147. I must be watching the international version because the Bellas are coming out now.

148. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Hardy vs Edge vs HHH, Wade Barrett vs Cena.

149. GAWD I loved that 3 man TLC match at 2012

150. I wish you'd get offered some wine and pills by Bill Cosby.

151. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Where are you watching it on?

152. Badass heel stands up for his morals and refuses to bow down to his superiors unreasonable demands and then beats 19 other men in an unfair title defence.

Why are we supposed to boo him again?

153. So I'm watching King of the Ring 1997 for the first time. Wow, the Austin and HBK match is such a different beast compared to what match they would have less than a year later.

154. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM

It's a US thing.

155. That's a great one. Too bad their spinal cords were made of plaster by WrestleMania.

156. He's Russian/Bulgarian/Ukrainian/whatever the fuck he is godammit boo him!

157. He can't be proud of being "russian", he's in Murica.

158. Kane's handing out merch for free again. Worst WWE salesperson since the Hebners.

159. You can't be proud of being Brazilian, that's for sure.

160. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I was just thinking he looked like he had an illegal stand.

161. Thrown together last minute too wasn't it?

Wasn't it supposed to be the big HBK/Hart rematch?

162. if you were the pregnant lady with the word "sin" written on your belly in the wyatt promo would you tell your kid about it one day?

163. babyface Shawn was so out of place in 97. It's amazing how fast things changed.

164. Yep, Austin was supposed to wrestle Pillman, but Bret felt his knee wasn't ready to do a ten minute match with Shawn. The stip for Shawn/Bret II was going to be that if Bret couldn't beat Shawn in ten minutes he would never wrestle in the US again.

165. How else would you lure him into bed?

166. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I'm ok with that Cena Footlocker commercial.

167. If Cena ever turns heel, I want him to adopt the goatee/'stache look.

168. That's good to know.

169. Nice to see WWE sending their top star to yell about how wrestling is fake for the privilege of being in a foot locker advert.

170. You know his babyface turn is going to be him becoming an American citizen

171. Can he even grow facial hair?

172. That's for Lana. Rusev just goes back to NXT and becomes a D-level Kane or something.

173. He's from a different place than where you are from.

174. As other have stated, Armageddon 08 or TLC 12

175. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©November 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Sounds like you're just far ahead.

176. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonNovember 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM

The angle they should explore is Nikki Bella trying to get in his ear and join the corporation. When he turns they become the Kanye and Kim of the WWE.

177. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessNovember 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM

That's how I listened today. Couldn't get the audio on Cabana's website to work.

178. Sooooo good. Easy **** 1/2 - **** 3/4 match.

I can't think of a better debut match either