Monday Night Open Mic

Howdy Blog O'Doomers!

Not much to talk about today. With sadness I said goodbye to sunlight after 6 p.m. over the weekend and now I'm in one of those "Standard time" funks.

I caught the first episode of Lucha Underground and enjoyed it. Mark Burnett usually puts together good television so I will watch again.

We're all just waiting for a new influx of NXT talent to come through now right?

And John Cena vs. The Authority. We we're waiting for that one too.

BTW Cesaro is getting jobbed like a mofo right now? Who did he piss off? Serious question. I know why Dolph gets jobbed out, he pisses off the office all the time but Cesaro?

Anyway TV for the night

RAW

MNF (Giants vs.  Colts might be a nice scorefest)

Six NBA games and one NHL game tonight.

New Gotham, The Blacklist, etc. etc.

So enjoy the show and come out swinging but try to keep it clean.

Comments

1. And then Homer lost his brother...

2. So I'm convinced Geddy Lee sings the weather forecast jingle on an obscure South Dakota Adam Classic Rock station.....has anyone else dealt with this phenomenon ?

3. The 2001 massage chair sequence still rules

4. WWE has announced that United States Champion Sheamus will defend his title against Rusev on the WWE Network tonight after RAW in Buffalo goes off the air.

So RAW is going to be like 3.5 hours now?

5. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Ah, another Monday night with the BoD crew. Good evening my people!

6. In the HITC rant, didn't Scott make a reference to Cesaro complaining about something or other in an interview?

7. Cesaro made a comment about being sick of Orton v. Cena but it played no role in his recent jobbing.

8. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM

He made a comment about Cena and Orton being on top and how they weren't very good or some such. I saw some newz reports say that the WWE brass believe he was taken out of context and that he WASN'T being punished.

9. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Seriously?

10. Oh, I see. Either way, it's too bad. Cesaro is awesome.

11. Trailer for the Teddy Long YouShoot. Looks like a classic. And fuck Flair for calling Long a N*****. This will be reviewed on Thursday.

12. I liked Lucha Underground from what I saw. It's interesting and easy to take in at the least.

13. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM

So now, after I watch Raw on Hulu tomorrow, I have to search out the US Title match? Way to make things difficult for me, WWE!

14. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I agree. It's one of my problems with WWE at the moment, because I would love to see Cesaro pushed more. Such an awesome talent being wasted at the moment.

Hopefully, he turns things around. He could be a standard bearer in a few years.

15. Yep and you know the title is changing hands too just because they want to promote the heck out of the Network. FREEE FREE FREEEEEE

16. Yeah...not doing that.

17. They should at least devote some time on RAW to making that match feel like a big deal. A couple video packages highlighting both guys and what the US title means, have guys give their opinion on it "Oh man, Sheamus is gonna get it done" or "Sheamus is in trouble tonight"

18. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Right, that's what I figured was happening as soon as you posted that.

19. I don't know if we have any NASCAR fans on here, but did anyone see the Gordon-Keselowski thing yesterday? Personally, I thought it was great. NASCAR is a hell of a lot more interesting when these guys hate each other.

20. On the bright side, tons of people have been calling for Rusev to take the US strap so they might get to see it.

21. Minus points for it being Jeff Gordon. Boring heel.

22. I'm watching it right now. I watch CMLL every week, but it's weird to see lucha in English.

23. Imminent AndyPG meltdown and I found Caliber' ex girlfriend, banner fucking day.

24. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Caliber had a girlfriend?

25. Interesting. Might as well make the network feel like a big deal. Cynicism aside.

26. Meh. I don't melt down. I'm fine.

27. For a few months, she's exactly the bulbous heavily tattooed fag hag type you'd expect.

28. I heard there's an English version but I caught it on the Spanish channel so I had Hugo SAVINOVICH! And Vampiro.

I have to point out that my phone autocorrected his last name into all caps. No idea why.

29. Yes. He's talked about it before on facebook

30. Lamest pre-order bonus ever. A spear?!?

31. That's was quite the meltdown in the HITC thread.

32. Does the Jackhammer come later?

33. But do I come back? Yes. Bit of a difference. I blow off steam.

34. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I stopped paying attention to Caliber on Facebook.

35. That's something they should have been doing a long time ago.

Have a huge main event finish on the network, which basically tells people "order the network you brain dead hicks".

36. And after Battleground

37. Fucking Coughlin, asks a bunch of brain damaged jocks to make a "I will improve ______" list over bye week and gets pissed when they can't string a sentence together

38. So did the rest of the world

39. Nothing to tell really, she's into fat guys and recently got engaged to a Caliber clone but with better tattoos. She moved to Vegas with the guy. Her and Caliber are still semi-friendly, at least friendly enough that she can make fun of him for breaking up with her.

Which is what she said. He broke up with her. My guess is because at some point she wanted to be entered and he couldn't keep up the charade.

40. That's not totally true.

41. Can I find this if I go through his fb?

42. I used to not mind Lena Dunham, but those anecdotes from her memoir about sticking pebbles in her sister's cooter or masturbating next to her as children is all sorts of fucked up, that breaks the children-do-weird-shit scale. To quote one of my favorite songs

THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY
    PSYCHOSOMATIC THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY

43. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Clearly.

44. Yes...THE GENETIC JACKHAMMER

45. Yeah, that's beyond fucked up in so many way.

FEMINISM FTW!

46. So replace don't with won't. And if you think that's a meltdown... well, I've seen worse.

47. I'm not sure you know what a meltdown means.

48. There's a post up from 40 minutes ago that suggests differently.

49. Wow. Never read her book. That's, um, disturbing.

50. After HITC was worse. When you were crying about how people say you're a bad person for your opinions. It wasn't great man. Total meltdown.

51. Ha! All I said was "I'm ready to accept anything". You call THAT melting down? If anything, you're making a bigger deal about a meltdown than I have about the point.

52. LET. IT. GO. Just start over at zero and go from there.

53. Maybe only people outside the tantrum can see it developing.

54. (Damn Drudge for having read this)Second part is as listed, thought it read the sister pebbled herself and Lena saw it and called their Mom

55. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Why are you antagonizing him?

56. My amusement is paramount to all things.

57. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM

OK. Stepping away slowly...

58. Never know who I'm going to turn on next, no apartment is safe.

59. Shocked the over/under tonight is only 51, Colts might get that on their own

60. https://38.media.tumblr.com/fc321c021d200a5bffe264f1a629214f/tumblr_nbll87XVi01td9r9xo2_r1_400.jpg

61. Virgil's Gimmick TableNovember 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Now I have that stupid Frozen song in my head. THANKS.

62. I can't wait for Wednesday when all the election commercials are gone.

63. WWE has announced that Sheamus will defend the US Title Match against Rusev live on the WWE Network immediately following Raw.

Fucking A Right!

64. WWE should've went back to 2 hours of RAW (8-10) then the third hour (10-11) would be Network exclusive. I know USA wants them at three hours and they got a lot of money for it, but it might have evened out if they had more Network subs.

65. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I don't think it works that way

66. Being slightly in advertising I'm kind of dreading it, every two years is MONEY for literally no effort at all.

67. Mentioned it the other day, really need to be off cable by 2016, this is repulsive at this point.

68. Of course, something like that would be ideal. Sadly, it's not realistic. The WWE needs USA to survive, and what they say goes.

69. WWE could sell ad space for the third hour of RAW just like USA does for RAW on their channel. WWE could've promised USA that they'd still put some high profile stuff on the USA two hours of RAW as well.

70. Monday Night Game tonight doesn't really interest me. I've got Luck in fantasy but my game is wrapped up.

Gotta say I like these ads for the game with Spirit in the Sky playing in the background though.

71. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I can't wait until Wednesday so I don't have to worry about COVERING elections anymore. Thankfully it's a bit of a dull year, so not much to cover here in Queens.

72. Virgil's Gimmick TableNovember 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM

In my state, there's a campaign against illegal aliens accusing them all of likely being terrorists. And I live in the pacific northwest.

73. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM

If the USA Network tells WWE to jump, Vince, Hunter and Stephanie need to all ask, in unison, "How high?" especially considering WWE didn't get the rights money they were hoping for.

Considering what's going on in the UK right now, WWE seems to be lucky that Universal didn't tell the McMahons to fuck off when they announced the start of the Network.

74. Just thank god they're not gay illegal terrorists

75. So random the other night I saw a commercial for local city council and the guy running was my 5th grade teacher.

76. What part? I was in Oregon last week, sort of amazed that there were absolutely zero "No on pot" ads running. Their big issue is some kind of gmo labeling or something.

77. The main event of Raw is not going to be on Raw?

USA is gonna love that.

78. Virgil's Gimmick TableNovember 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Yeah, that's where I am. Pretty much everyone is in favor of pot now except the small town hicks. I'm totally apathetic about the GMO thing. It seems like making a small issue big just because there's no big issue.

79. I'm still kind of shocked USA's been on board for the "what you missed on the app during the break" stuff, they got slammed hard back in the day for having JR call matches on .com if memory serves

80. Virgil's Gimmick TableNovember 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Sshhh. They'll hear you.

81. I'm in Seattle and I can tell you, they've already read that post and are preparing the hashtag.

82. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:30 PM

USA Network shows have their own "second screen experience" bits during their original air time, so it may just be part of their business model at this point.

83. So did ADD come before the internet or the other way around? I swear I could actually focus on something for more than three seconds before I started playing on computers all the time.

84. Three hour Nitros along with Thunder is what killed WCW

85. ...If I were a sports reporter and the least bit suicidal, having to do a fluff piece on the chiseled body of a punter would work instead of a suicide note I think

86. Been watching BatB 2000 at work all day. Just saw the Hogan/JJ/Russo stuff for the first time. Cringe inducing embarrassing to see. Made WCW look like a second rate indy promotion. Just so douche chillling to see happen. Why would they do that. Bush league, not even remotely edgy.

87. I don't know bro...but a lot of things happened that night so I can't really say if it was edgy or not...bro

88. I watched some of Russo's 2000 Timeline and it gives insight into that. Nuts that Hogan actually thought it was a good idea.

89. Lol, nah I'm just amusing myself not trying to actually expose Caliber's real life. I'm just running with the bit that he's a big mo and looking for any tangential evidence to support said fact, again, because it amuses me.

90. I remember it was actually quite a big deal online the next day. I mean, it still sucked, but it was a big deal.

91. I'm gonna have to check that one out.

92. ...this might be the first time I've seen Chris Berman in maybe 5 years....if you told me it's been 50 years, I wouldn't doubt it....wow

93. Well, I think i'm watching RAW tonight.

94. Just kidding, lulz

95. I've been meaning to finish it. But it's a really long shoot. And I can only listen to him for so long.

96. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM

You and me both, pal!

97. I laughed when I clicked the reply button to the OP.

98. Just for journalistic integrity, what is the last RAW you watched?

99. Yes it was huge deal, and I remember reading all about it and discussing it non stop but going back and seeing (for the first actual time for me) and it was just like watching wcw die right then and there.

100. Extant1979 Most Must-See BoDerNovember 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Survivor Series 2006 for me, BAY-BEE!

101. Everyone who works for ESPN in Bristol seems to age a million years very quickly. The job must suck.

102. I hated that show. They killed Orton's Sole Survivor streak in elimination matches!

103. I tried to get in a few times back in my college days, competitive as hell

104. Super fat lol. Bad tats. Face covered in piercings. Typical self-hater beast.

105. Mark Henry vs. Big Show is set for RAW tonight. Smell the ratings.

106. We do not want anymore exposures of other people

107. Marvnum PI is merely a bit, I promise.

108. For me I think I actually focus better in the post-PCs are everywhere world BUT it takes me a lot longer to get into that zone

109. Vince Russo cutting a promo about how hard it was for him to come back to WCW is such a who gives a fuck thing, I can't believed he's doing this live in front of a ppv crowd. This is so bad its almost good. Almost.

110. And the next 2-3 weeks + Survivor Series?

111. I wonder if they'll wrestle again?

112. Probably when 1-2-3 Kid pinned Razor Ramon.

113. If it's at the PPV, the UK is missing out after all.

114. But Russo was wearing a GIANTS jersey... don't you get it!?

115. ....I feel bad for Hakeem Nicks....thought he just dogged it to leave town, but dude's body's toast

116. Seriously, best thing about RAW tonight... isn't going to be on RAW.

117. There's a Spanish version?? Hell yes! I've been trying to learn Spanish through watching lucha libre. It's been..not my best idea, but I'm trying.

118. Bro, I came back for all the guys back there who give a shit about this company, bro!

119. These political ads are nauseating.

Scott Brown looks like someone who would shove their grandma off of a mountain top if it meant he would get a promotion.

120. Ok so Vince Russo at BatB 2000 is getting the mythical X-Pac heat for sure. Fans are not booing this in a good way at all.

121. They have shit hours and I imagine the higher ups they have to respond to are the absolute pits.

122. Gunther the Nasty LoserNovember 3, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Wait, is Lucha Underground actually being presented on a TV show that happens to have wrestling? Like, it could have had baseball or something else and it would still be the same sales pitch?

123. Good evening therapy group

124. In Idaho they have a guy named like...Burt Otter or whatever, point is his last name is Otter, and they say it a million times, and I think of Meekin and seethe.

125. MikeyMike, WitnessNovember 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Smoke break!

126. I'm Brian and I am addicted to writing shitty fake wrestling.

127. MikeyMike, WitnessNovember 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Evening

128. I'm shocked New Hampshire fell for his shit, always considered them a smarter breed of voter than the rest of New England for some reason

129. Gunther the Nasty LoserNovember 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I GAVE YOU THAT NAME

Am I Higgins,Rick, or TC?

Probably Zeus or Apollo

130. Replacing Hogan with Booker T, thats like replacing Mortons steakhouse with an Outback.

131. Gunther the Nasty LoserNovember 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM

What if they're really hot chicks with big breasts like in Dude Where's My Car?

132. Isn't Seattle suppose to be a super hipster-liberal area. That doesn't sound like it.

133. Hello...............Bones?

134. I like how one audience member can be heard yelling "GO HOME THEN!" in a reeeeeal redneck accent at one point.

135. Gunther the Nasty LoserNovember 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Nagger

136. Lol my nickname since 2nd grade

137. The crowd haaaaaaaated Russo's promo. Probably because he just came out and said wrestling is totally fake and I'm the booker in a promo, wtf was that?

138. Read the book on ESPN by the SNL book guys last summer, good stuff, made it sound like a circus there

139. I don't think he will win.

140. I was watching some of this MNF pregame crap...Rick Reilly was hanging out with Weatherford, the jacked Giants punter. He bench pressed Reilly with his shirt off and I think Rick was enjoying it a tad too much.

141. Gunther the Nasty LoserNovember 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM

And it wasn't Russo the character, it was Russo the boss! It wasn't on their format! It's what they in the business call "a shoot"! Tony told me all these things when I watched it live!

Exclamation point!

142. Hm, hope not, thought I saw polls saying he was leading in a close one over the weekend

143. I think you're better off for not getting in. It just seems like one of those places that requires working around the clock, everything's life or death, and you always have to watch your back.

144. Gay illegal terrorists is totally up our alley.

145. You know that was kind of pointless for them consider their GFs weren't going to let them hit it.

146. if he had overhead pressed him, i'd be more impressed.

147. I did not know under Georgia law having physical control of someone elses contract gives you ownership of that person until they are able to fight you and take the contract back. Definitely cheaper than taking it to court.

148. If he did that and dropped him, I'd have a new favorite NFL player.

149. Didn't Lois Lane be Superman? You can be my Lois Lane. Don't worry in 90 years we will never fuck.

150. In Mass, this Charlie Baker asshole will win. Coakley runs campaign like the Carter's run TNA.

151. You could just eat the contract.

152. Taking WCW's interpretation of laws, or anything else for that matter, probably isn't a good idea.

153. Welp, I just got the new Call of Duty. And I know it's not cool to like Call of Duty anymore, but oh well. That trumps Raw tonight.

154. Well if you don't keep the contract in your possesion they could just eat it and release themselves from it.

155. You have to be a special kind of douche to piss off Jeff Gordon.

156. Seriously... pumped for Rusev/Sheamus.

157. To answer your question about Cesaro, he did an interview a couple of weeks back where he basically said he was tired of watching variations on Orton-Cena all the time. Speculation is that he's getting the punishment for that, but who can really say.

158. Scott Brown also pulled the sleazebag maneuver of moving to another state to run again after being voted out in Massachusetts.

159. So they're teasing/turning Orton, so naturally, they are pulling him off TV?

160. Only 3+ hours until we see it!

161. I only come here because I don't have anywhere else to go on Monday nights.

162. I guess Teddy is no longer in the circle.

163. Someone reported that the company is not mad and those backstage are saying people are taking what Cesaro said out of context.

Brian Bayless, BoD Newz Man

164. So that when he comes back... he'll just be a face.

165. Eww, looks like an 80's movie b villain that dies off early so the main threat takes stage.

166. Rollins' voice is grating.

167. Watching Spectacular Now. No Raw for me.

168. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

169. Total coincidence, just like the time the same thing happened to Ziggler after he said the same kind of shit.

170. so people who stand up to Vince and speak their own minds end up getting pushes, except for those who don't. I can't figure out this company.

171. He is a pile of shit.

Baker might even be worse

172. I`m still not watching, and I certainly won`t comment on the show. But I hope that you all hate it just to see what that does to Andy.

It`s a social experiment.

173. Terrible timing, since a tweener turn would make Orton the hottest act in the company right now.

174. Any zombies or are they past that?

175. That's what I was thinking

176. Vince McMahon!

177. MikeyMike, WitnessNovember 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

No chance!

178. Oh, that subscription number did a number on that dude.

179. I already feel like not watching this.

And then Vince showed up.

180. LOW RATINGS MEENZ VINCE!

181. Buy the network PLEASE!

You know stuffs bad when Vinnie Mac needs to show up.

182. Vinnie Mack gonna sell the Network himself.

183. Holy shit, has McMahon lost weight or what?

184. LESS JUMPING, MORE POWERWALKING!

185. "BUY THE NETWORK DAMMIT!"

186. Vince has a spring in his step

187. I'm sure he'll just go on another tirade and act like a martyr when no one is forcing him to write here.