BoD Thursday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

NXT is on the WWE Network starting at 9pm EST with Becky Lynch vs. Bayley

NFL Thursday Night Football has the Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at 8:25pm EST on the NFL Network.

The NBA has four games on the schedule, with the New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls at 8pm EST and the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors at 10:30pm EST both on TNT.

In the NHL there are several games on the schedule with the Colorado Avalanche vs. Pittsburgh Penguins starting at 7pm EST.

And as usual, talk about anything else going on tonight.

Comments

1. Could they have possibly picked a worst game for TNF?

2. Darren Sharper is one awful person

3. Evening.

4. What's going on

5. Enjoying my vacation, reading some books, playing some games. Killing time, ya know.

6. Not a bad thing

7. Since I was not patient for this thread as I was mentioning in BOD, Watching Summerslam 95 (it's where I'm at chronological on the network) and watching the Horowitz match...It's amazing they shit can this soooo fast..and that if this was WWE today..they still would

8. Innocent until proven guilty.

9. I like it. Instead of having to watch a shitty Titans game and a shitty Jags game on separate Thursdays...just throw them together

10. The Leafs are already down 2-0 to the Canes. that was fun

11. Between this and bounty gate..can't we just give me my second Super Bowl ring?

12. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Decisions, decisions. Do I watch Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, The Charlie Brown Christmas Special or play a video game while my gf goes out?

13. Video game or F&L

14. Charlie Brown alone..is depressing. Fear and Loathing..or what is the Video Game?

15. My decision is easy when my GF goes. Network time baby.

16. Frogger on his TI-89

17. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Probably Lego Batman 3

18. I actually like watching teams that don't usually get any press. I've seen the Cowboys, Packers, Patriots enough already.

19. Well what ever you pick it's probably better than me while the wife is out. currently a glass of wine and Bertha Faye just came on SS 95

20. I can agree with that but....Tenn Jax is pretty awful

21. How are you already at 1995 lol

22. ....Sadly I took a long break when they stopped adding Raws and just restarted this week. I burned through stuff real fast this year on the network. Though It was before the SNMEs were added so I haven't re watched those.

23. I see your point, but both teams, albeit never admitting it, want to lose.

24. I couldn't take that route. I wouldn't like jumping back and forth when they add new stuff. I just watched random stuff and started watching the '96 RAWs and PPVS just recently.

25. I may order Wrestle Kingdom and review it on TJR.

26. I can't believe Denard Robinson plays for Jacksonville. I randomly saw some highlight run he had and I was like Holy Shit its the dude from Michigan. He did make the NFL!!!!

27. I'm gonna be a scummer and make a bunch of bets on this stupid football game

28. Nine episodes deep in Arrow! I'm out there Extant and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

29. I'm trying not to jump around much but I've seen all the SNMEs..have them all on VHS so it's not a make or break for me there. I am only up to mid 1990 for WCW though.

30. It's going to be a great show.

31. Without question. NJPW has been killing it for the past two years.

32. Yooooo. How's school?

33. That's thinking! These Thursday Games have sucked anyways. Maybe the two awful teams will shock the two people watching.

Hell, the best Thursday Night Game this year was Raiders/Chiefs.

34. What's up with celebrities/athletes drugging and raping women lately?

35. Oh god all the odds even suck for this game. TN is a plus 190 dog, I don't want that tiny ass ML

36. I finished episode 7 today. Awesome show.

37. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Ah, it's starting to get damn good.

38. Anyone else in the Fantasy Football Superbowl this weekend?

39. It has. It's gotten good. I could do without the bipolar mom/sister duo but you can't win em all.

40. This guy right here!

41. Ten is getting 4, the over under is 39...are there other games on tonight? I can't tease NFL and NBA for some reasons though.

42. It's my 3rd straight (yes bragging) but trying to get my trophy back.

43. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM

It took some time for Moira to get better, and Thea was still obnoxious until this season, where she's gotten a bit better.

44. So seriously this and Flash are good? I have a friend that swears by them but I see CW and superhero and think Smallville and can't get past that.

45. This is my first year doing Fantasy so I'm pretty pumped. I'm in two leagues. Made it to the Semi-Finals in one and I'm in the Super Bowl in this one.

46. Ok it is letting me tease NBA and NFL together, lets see there are 3 nba games on tonight, maybe I'll do a 5 way tease.

47. I used to like the Jaguars back in the early days when Tom Coughlin was there. They used to beat the shit out of teams and they wore NFL uniforms instead of looking like extras from a Japanese pop video.

48. I was skeptical of Arrow. And it took me like 3 tries to actually make it through episode 1. But once you get past episode 1 it's gotten pretty good. I've enjoyed it. There are still some elements that are a little too "CW" for my tastes but it's good.

I have not seen Flash so I can't vouch for it.

49. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:05 PM

SOOOOOOOOOO much better than Smallville, and you're talking to a unapologetic Superman mark. Much more serious tone, much better storytelling, and the DC references are a LOT less obnoxious.

50. I'd never bet on a favorite giving up points in the NBA. I'd only take the ML.

51. I'm trying to decide what to go with Don't think I can trust Josh Gordon with Manziel out there. I have to start Odell Beckham, and deciding what two between Emanuel Sanders, Elderman and Josh Gordon.

52. When they beat that 15-1 Denver team that was the shit

53. Joel Smeenge was a badman. I can't find any highlight videos of him on youtube though.

54. 4 way teaser. Titans plus 10, Under 45, Hornets plus 10.5 vs Rockets, Kings give 1.5 vs the Bucks. Plus 260 odds. Lets do it.

55. I just rewatched the opening scene of Inglorious Basterds. Still tense as the first time.

56. Her: What do you want to do tonight
    Me: Can't, the Warriors are on.

57. My WR have been my weakest area. Mike Evans has been great and I've got Mike Wallace and Colston. I've basically been carried by the group of Andrew Luck, Marshawn Lynch and Gronk. Then I've got Tre Mason and Pats D up against the Jets.

58. So if I like Shield (which I do after the first half season that is) am I probably going to like it?

59. My favorite thing about that Punk podcast is when he acted like the BlackHawks being in the playoffs was too much and he couldn't be bothered about other stuff. True sports fan right there.

60. Might as well. Those are three awful games

61. It's been two guys out of thousands.

62. Appreciate it! Good luck to you as well.

63. I can't wager on the warriors this year. It will soil them so badly. I won't ever do it. That's a promise. I also won't discuss them or acknowledge them when mentioned. I also won't wear any of there gear. I'm gonna 180 degrees this year and lets see what happens.

64. Mason was a great Free agency pick up but he has been a bit hit and miss. Him and Joique Bell have been some what swapping good weeks so I'm worried about picking wrong.

65. Passed in all subjects with a grade higher than 8 out of 10. But my medieval teacher hasn't posted the grades yet.

66. Being the favorite by only 1.5 hurts my soul.

67. Mason has come up big for me. He did nearly cost me last week though so I'm a bit gunshy on him this week.

68. 7.5 but I teased it 6 points.

69. I did that when the Giants were in the World Series. I pretty much planned my day around all the games.

70. What do you think about canning the coach?

71. I was watching St. Valentine's Day Massacre (1999) yesterday and in the Rock-Mankind match there's a spot where Mankind is laying outside the ring and Rock just dumps the STEEL steeps on him. It looked like the point of the steps hit Mick in the fleshy part of his thigh. That's one of those things that isn't hyped as a huge bump, but might have hurt more than anything that happened in the match.

72. My hopes beyond people living up to their expectations is Drew Brees wining a shoot out this weekend and..Peyton..I mean me. finally throwing the ball again..To Sanders..not Julian Thomas

73. Fucking hate it. First stable coach we've had since '06 and he gets canned because his style is boring(I wish I was joking).

Karl doesn't excite me(Because scoring 130 points while giving up 120 is sooooo fun) and neither does Jackson, even though he's pretty much Malone-lite.

74. I liked first season of Shield(after the first half) and I think the first 8 episodes of Arrow have been a bit more focused and better than Shield's first half.

Give it a shot id say.

75. Oh my GOD this Kama/Taker Casket Match is STILL HAPPENING

76. This hot run started when Okada got the belt in 2012, it's amazing how much he improved.

77. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I wish I was watching this on Blu-Ray. I bet it would be awesome.

78. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM

May watch the last episode of the Colbert Report tonight, gonna be sad to see him go. I've always found him as the better draw than Stewart.

79. Plus he had Boogies ear. I didn't like that, and I don't think I like that owner but fuck it, he saved ball in Sac town.

80. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM

After tonight, then he's taking Letterman's spot.

81. Well I will go out on a limb and say I have not been drugging and rapping any women so... trust in THIS celeb/athlete ...and buy a papa john pizza

82. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Tonight's it. He's got my least favorite NYC official on as his guest, the Mayor.

83. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM

It's a shame, if I ever went to New York, I would have wanted to go to a taping.

84. My god, Finn Balor's entrance theme is fucking AMAZING.

85. I didn't even know that at all. wow. Too bad, he was awesome on CC but I'm sure he will be unwatchable to anyone under 65 now. He's just bland inoffensive white noise now. Still, he's probably getting 50 mil a year to make it.

86. He's determined to copy the Warriors' model for some reason.

87. True the Fifa World Cup. My summer was suddenly over ..crazy how that works after watching up to 4 soccer matches a day.

88. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Glad it's on iTunes now.

89. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM

You can still do Jon Stewart. I did Colbert back in January 2012, just a few months after we moved here. Lots of fun.

90. Do. Not. Do. That. We've been good for 3 years. This is no model to copy. This is probably the sun shining on a dogs all/broken clock twice a day type thing.

91. I was the same way during the World Cup. Normally, if there were 100-150 people crammed in a bar in the middle of a summer day, I'd say fuck that, but I put up with it for the U.S games.

92. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:19 PM

The Colbert Report Colbert character is being retired tonight, too. When he takes over for Letterman in the spring, he'll be his normal self.

It's going to be jarring to a LOT of people after all these years.

93. I DON'T WANT IT EITHER! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PLAYERS TO SUCCESSFULLY EXECUTE IT!

94. yeah I don't know....oh well I won't be watching the show and I'm years and years away from the demo they are after anyways. Too bad, I always liked knowing I could tune into CC and catch that show.

95. Well a bar was a good idea. The match they finally lost I was out in the street with a couple thousand people on a damn near if not above 100 degree day ..in jeans

96. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Like I said, I felt that Colbert was the better draw of the 2.
    Question is, does the Daily Show then stay a half hour, do they have it a full hour, or will they give a new reporter his own show?

97. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Your buddy ever make it back from asking that chick out?

98. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Larry Widmore is getting the 11:30 slot.

And I am a much bigger fan of Jon Stewart than I am Colbert. Don't know why, but the Daily Show suits me much better.

99. Yeah I mean why don't teams just do what they can do to win. When I hear Jeanie Buss say the lakers hired D'Antoni for Nash its like ummm dude, you had two bigs and a star shooting guard too. WTF are you thinking trying to recreate something else. Make what you have work. God that stuff in the NBA annoys me. When they fucking hired Mike Montgomery he was like, yeah the spurs style of play (when they had tons of bigs) is what we want to be. Meanwhile we had 20 guards on the roster.

100. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Don't know why Colbert either, maybe because I've felt that his show was a more fun relaxed almost parodied atmosphere.

101. His ENTRANCE is amazing. He was getting holy shit chants before he even started down the ramp.

But yeah, I've listened to Zayn's and Balor's themes quite a bit at work this week

102. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM

So, 12 minutes?

103. Same, anyone pulling me away from a playoff game one of my teams is in is a good way to make me go full Zandig

104. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Zayn's theme fits perfectly with something that goes right in ones life.

105. Zayn's theme really kills sadness.

106. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Yup, and the opposite is probably true of Stewart, which my newsman sensibilities appreciate more.

107. That moment when you are watching SummerSlam 95 and realize...Glen Jacobs is the only guy on the roster still a full time wrestler

108. If money weren't a factor, would you trade your NFL team's starting QB for Jay Cutler?
    I'm a Browns fan. I'd probably trade Hoyer for Cutler, but probably not Manziel. I wanna see what the kid has before making that move.

109. Goooooodddd I don't not want to be at a holiday party for the next three hours, I should be on my way home getting in some comfy clothes, making some chili Mac n cheese, and watching NXT.

110. I'll stick with Rivers

111. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Yep. Got a few decent to great grades earlier in the week, when I thought I would have done worse, and I was almost immediately happy and started to hum the tune of his theme for a few minutes.

112. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM

So, Inherent Vice is playing in NYC this weekend and I'm thinking of seeking it out Saturday or Sunday.

113. Good for you, I had great grades in this semester again.

114. In the words of Ben Stiller in Starsky and Hutch: Do it.....do it

115. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Good for you as well, also, did you fail that medieval final?

116. I didn't know what happened until minutes ago actually BECAUSE HE NEVER CAME BACK! My GF has been helping him set a menu. Actually she's hogging on my glory because I got him into health food and she had to get all involved somehow. So anyways they talk about his diet and shit I guess, and she told him to do that today. I, as I noted, told him NOT TO.
    Well apparently he texted my gf and said they ended up talking for the entire afternoon right there at the hotel. Supposedly they swapped numbers and he asked her to come out to Taco Tuesday (which is something people from my office do every Tuesday, there are booze specials too) with our group and she said yes. Also apparently she gets coffee at the embarrassingly shitty deli in my office building every morning and they are going to meet tomorrow for a coffee (this fat fucker has never drank a cup of coffee in his life btw).
    Honestly I almost cannot believe this because that girl is so fucking hot. She looks like that chick Mel Gibson bangs in Lethal Weapon 2, but with a better face. I wonder if he is lying or something. I don't know. I cannot believe it. And if its true I'm going to be so pissed because that means I could have landed this chick too.

117. It's only grade I'm still waiting.

118. Tannehill has improved a lot this season, which means that shitcunt Stephen Ross will probably trade him away in the offseason for a bunch of pointless mid round picks.

119. Vikings/Jags/TB are the only ones that come to mind..though Vikes were just burned on a similar trade with Freeman last year

120. No, don't go until I can see it...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

121. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Come on over. I'll buy your ticket.

122. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Ah, well don't sweat it if that's the one bad one.
    Thought you did as it was mentioned in the last BoD Raw.

123. Stranger in the AlpsDecember 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Christoph Waltz is one scary motherfucker.

124. Is there any shit laying around you can steal or good booze you can pocket and take home? Anything good at all? Because sometimes, the worst possible thing is a work party. ITS JUST A LONGER WORK DAY!

125. Thursday night football is just sad. Are people actually tuning in?

126. I might tune in later.

127. no. I actually like Cam

128. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Confidence can be an amazing thing. Another win for the good guys.

129. Bridgewater is going to be a good NFL QB. He's played well this year as a rookie on a bad team.

130. Man I got all worked up earlier today because I thought it was already out when I saw the 12-12 release date. But its only out in a place I live across country from. And maybe LA but I don't know if I'm enough of a fan boy to drive there to see that movie...

131. I'm a football junkie but I don't need the fix that bad. I'd rather detox than sit through the games they are putting on this year.

132. Be merry, ya jabroni!

133. I bet on it if you want to talk real sad lol

134. Stranger in the AlpsDecember 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Final Jeopardy category: 20th Century Sculpture

Its sculptor asked for prayer that THIS WORK would "endure until the wind and the rain alone shall wear them away".

GO!

135. I'll take your word..I honestly have not seen much of them.

136. that's about the only acceptable form of having an interest in this crap

137. MikeyMike, JuggernautDecember 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Watching a Raw from 98. It's the DX Invasion show where WCW instantly collapsed. Scorpio and Scorpio was such a random team.

138. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Had my office holiday party Tuesday night, which is the night before my paper goes to production. It's basically a work night, since elected officials, sponsors and bunch of other people we need to behave around show up.

Thankfully, between having it on a Tuesday night and it being the first night of Hanukkah, it was light on the bigwigs.

139. MAC Tuesdays or NFL Thursdays. Which is the most unnecessary football?

140. Lots of fights in this Blue Jackets/Capitals game.

141. Stranger in the AlpsDecember 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I also guessed that. It is the correct answer. Other contestants guessed the 9/11/ memorial and the Vietnam memorial.

142. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM

If it's in NYC, it's probably in LA, too. Those usually go hand-in-hand.

143. MAC Tuesdays are still the worst. At least people show up to the NFL games.

144. Idiots. That was a FJ layup. Ignoramuses, the lot of them.

145. The statue of Rocky in Philly

146. Got that easy.

147. Dude..you just need to become "that guy" the guy no one counts on to be at these things...I did that years go.

148. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Those are fucking stupid guesses.

149. Stranger in the AlpsDecember 18, 2014 at 6:37 PM

No shit. That was right up there with NO ONE guessing It's a Wonderful Life on yesterday's show.

150. TNF on its own is bad. A week 16 Titans/Jags TNF is like self-flagellation for anyone watching that shit

151. Christmas lights are the bane of my existence.

152. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Another thing that would have pissed me off.

153. I threw a mini pissy fit when I couldn't find it in SD but maybe I'll take a look and drive up to one in LA. I'll NEVER ALLOW ANYONE ON THE BLOG TO SEE IT BEFORE ME...NEVER

154. Stranger in the AlpsDecember 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I thought it was an easy one. I guess people REALLY DO NOT WATCH old movies.

155. Workrate might be better than Kane/Ryback.

156. My dad used to make me put them up solo on the roof, so that's one reason I'm glad I live on my own.

157. Then don't go to whatever that city is right outside of Chapel Hill, NC

158. Bane is the Christmas lights of my existence. (something I probably wouldn't say if comics were real life)

159. so better than finger nails being pulled out with tweezers?

160. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Hmmm. Well, I can probably hold off until Sunday... I need to hit up a B&N at some point for some Xmas gifts.

161. If I'm not getting paid, I don't want to be doing anything I don't want to.

162. It's McAdenville, NC. Went to Charlotte last Christmas and passed by that town on the highway. The entire town is decked out in lights and the traffic was backed up just as long.

163. That's great. I am turning this into a screenplay. You cant dream up a scenario like this.

164. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro should do every movie together.

165. I pretty much am that guy; I skipped out on last year's, although it was more understandable because I had only been here a month. My sis said it'll reflect badly on me to Scott Hall it again, so for the good of my career, I'll go and just eat all the finger food.

166. I still do it for my parents. It's a rainy nightmare. Plus my mom is amazing EXCEPT when it comes to Christmas lights. Then she becomes an angry mess.

167. I don't know whats really going on though. For one, like nothing he has said, her agreeing to meet him at a place that sells coffee near where they work and her agreeing to go out for a taco with a ton of people, are things equal sex for sure. I'm very dubious about this but that's what he told my chick and he definitely never came back to the office (before I left) so who knows.

168. How would you book Ryback between now and Extreme Rules? Keeping in mind that WWE seems to want him hovering around IC title status.

169. After watching Blue is the warmest Color, Lea Seydoux and Adele Expialidocious should do every movie together. By which I mean doing six minute scissoring scenes.

170. 50/50 him and then put the title on him randomly in April. Make Vince proud.

171. Dat Lea.

172. Back with Axel. There's seems to be an actual tag division of late, so it's not that bad.

173. Rollins attacks him with J&J security, Axel makes the save.

174. Build him up and job him to Rusev.

175. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Plus they seem to be developing some kind of chemistry together.

176. Gave up the pretense of working, just running out the work clock watching UConn/Duke at my booth.

177. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©December 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM

The only time Axel would ever get a face pop.

178. DBSM why not pass the time at your office party by striking up some casual conversation about the WWE? Hey guys, anyone here catch Monday Night Raw this week???

179. Extant1979 - Mr. Cable AccessDecember 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Well, they may not traditionally lead directly to sex, but refusing to do it usually guarantees no sex.

It sounds like she could be friend-zoning him right off the bat, but you never know. She may just be testing the waters.

180. Oh man I don't know about you guys but I totally think Kane is winning the royal rumble and fighting Ryback at Mania!!!

181. I'll talk about 1997. That's all WWE does anyway

182. Got that one too. Last night's people were dumb. "The Invisible Man". Really?

183. Water cooler talk about the bunny is prevalent across every office in the country.