BoD Saturday Afternoon Thread

Comments

1. These really need to be on some kind of autopost system so they can be up nice and early.

2. Adam Curry, you da real MVP.

3. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I've been waiting for it for like 2 hours, then it suddenly occurred to me that I have posting privileges. Damn potheads...

4. This is so late. All the thoughts that occured to me about wrestling throughout the day I had to waste on friends, family and strangers. A piss poor audience, the lot of them.

5. Heading out to the fancy grocery store. Gonna find a nice dinner. Pick up some booze. I have a coupon for a free reusable bag.

6. I will say, despite Deflategate being one of the dumbest things ever it's certainly a more interesting story that what they went with for the bye week last year "OMG A corner back talked shit about a receiver! What a thug! What low class!"

7. A black CB. A white CB does that and he's a gritty competitor. A throw back to when men were men.

8. Finished Stick of Truth last night; such a great game. It's ridiculously easy, as abilities are incredibly overpowered and being able to use an item and still move pretty much robs a lot of the strategy; I died three times, and twice could be determined as an accident (although one of them was a fake bad ending that me laughing my ass off, esp. since I didn't mean to trigger it). But the battles were never boring thanks to the funny attacks and abilities and fun mechanics, and the story was incredibly entertaining. I'll play through it again in the future to pick up the other 2/3rds of trophies I missed, but anyone who hasn't played it yet, PLAY THIS.

Watching the 2010 Rumble right now, so many great spots; Punk throwing out guys one after another and cutting promos, Beth eliminating Khali and going after Punk (and eating a GTS), story lines being continued with HBK and Miz/MVP. A top-5er.

9. A black CB with an actual degree from a college 99% of fans couldn't possibly hope to attend as well.

10. Went with Kraken. About to try it straight up, then mix it in a soda.

11. Yay, you won't be disappointed sir.

12. White fans will just tell you that he probably didn't even have to pay to go to that school because he's black and also that he never had to attend classes because he was on the football team.

White guy from a good school? The NFL should be honored to have such an upstanding citizen from a prestigious school. He's so smart!

13. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Rumble predictions:

6 man: don't care.
    Divas match: don't care.
    Tag title match: don't care.
    Ascension/NAO: don't care.
    World title: Cena pins Rollins, Brock destroys Cena, Rollins cashes in.
    Rumble: Bryan.

14. Still on the fence about watching a stream or not.

15. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:27 PM

There's a white CB in the NFL?

16. My whole problem with ballghazi is that the rule is dumb anyways. If a team brings its own balls, why not let the team determine how much pressure goes into them? It's still the same size and dimensions. Both under and overinflated balls has good and bad consequences

17. See this is fun because I can't tell if you're doing a bit but it evens out because the NFL in general is one big bit too.

18. No. They're too slow and small.

19. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:28 PM

I'm not even sure if I can on my kindle.

20. I find that very weird, that the team gets their own balls at all. Shouldn't they just all come off a rack only the ref's have access to like in baseball?

21. Between Chelsea, City, Spurs & Southampton all losing every single person in the office lost their accumulators before the 3pm kick offs finished.
    Very strange day of football.

22. How long until they let me watch the network on my Gamegear? Get with it WWE.

23. Yeah; have the teams pick their own balls or have the refs do it.

24. Yeah, drinking it straight is out of the question.

25. Bet there's one guy out there who's just become very, very rich though. I'd say it was all set up for United to win now, if we weren't so fantastically shite.

26. haha you're smashing it bro

27. Strange day? How about a strange season.

28. I'll avoid posting reasons why until after you've finished watching it, but I think it's very overrated.

29. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:30 PM

The batteries won't hold up for a full show even if you could.

30. Go ahead, I've seen it numerous times.

31. It wouldn't even get past the THEN NOW FOREVER

32. Ugh, what is this generic CAW music for Masters

33. Just pour it directly in your vagina then.

34. I found a great movie to fall asleep to: batman and robin. In the last 5 nights, I have only seen about 20 minutes of the movie. Within about 4-5 minutes, movie just puts me to sleep.

Unfortunately it's leaving netflix at end of this month

35. Nigga, I plug my ish into the wall outlet and sit on the floor. I get Hulu plus!

36. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Outside of 3 p.m. kickoffs I don't understand a word of this.

37. Amen to that.

38. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Best thing to mix rum with is Excedrin.

39. So here's a question:

If Brock loses the title at the Rumble, how do you realistically book it that he doesn't dedicate himself to straight-up murdering whoever takes the belt from him? Assuming he's gone again til WrestleMania time... well, why even bring him back? It makes no sense that he'd shrug off the loss and go away for two months, then return for a random, unrelated match.

The Joey Styles scenario is the only one that makes sense: Brock loses the belt, then enters the Rumble and lays waste to get the shot at Mania. Yet that's completely backward storytelling--unless Lesnar has signed a new deal and they're going to push him as a babyface. And the fact that Styles put that out there pretty much guarantees it ain't happening.

So unless the Rumble is Lesnar's last match for the company, I can't possibly see him losing the title. Is there a scenario I'm not seeing that makes sense?

40. It's already leaving? So it was only up for January?!

That blows.

41. I watched it in a three-hour time slot on ION last week. Better than RAW.

ALL RIGHT EVERYONE! CHILL!

42. In the middle of Chelsea city, Spurs & Southampton lost all the people in the office, AND their accumulators finished before 3pm kicked off. What's hard to understand?

43. That after burn almost made me throw up. Flavors were good, but that burn was something else.

44. Dude, honestly I'm shocked I didn't realize they didn't.

The idea that pitchers would have access to the balls before the game?! LOOOOOOOOOL people would fucking riot.

45. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM

I don't speak soccer.

46. It's not a rum for ladies that's for sure haha

I love it in pineapple specifically but it's good with coke or pepsi too.

47. My reply was deliberately wretched. Let's just say it was a day of shock results!

48. I thought the opening segments with Punk were great and I enjoyed most of the HBK story but a lot of good talented guys got thrown out quickly, there were some strange choices in who hung around. The HBK post-elimination breakdown went on far too long and the last few eliminations were very uneventful and quick. I prefer a long match after #30 particularly when we get towards the last 4-2

49. Saw The Master for the first time today, great movie. Too bad Hoffman couldn't survive his demons.

50. I had no idea they did this in football, and it's incredibly stupid that they do.

51. I'm starting Royal Rumble 2011, going to try and fit this and 2012 in between now and tomorrow night.

52. Same I just assumed the refs controlled them because that's the only thing that makes a smidge of sense.

53. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:36 PM

It's because different QBs like different balls. You're allowed to scuff them up and break them in and such, as long as the pressure is within the rules.

54. Excellent character study, and the shots...man the way that movie is shot it's so BIG and beautiful

55. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Murica' or something...

56. Anderson really owns with those long open shots.

57. That's a really strange rule/custom. In football they are all standardised.

58. The home team in MLB games are responsible for supplying all of the game balls. Umpires inspect them all pre-game.

59. Yeah that still seems crazy, if it's not something you can do to the ball on the field between plays then it seems like a rule asking to be broken.

60. I told you I did not like the bitterness and I trusted you and you have completely fucked me over here. You are the Flair to my Sting.

61. Right, but after that the home team doesn't have access to them, they aren't separated into racks and sent off to each teams dugouts, only the umps have them.

62. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:39 PM

It's the same in the NHL and NBA, though there's not really any shenanigans you could pull in those sports.

63. Oh I didn't read any of that, I just "rum" and mentioned my favorite. I'm more like Eugene to your Bischoff.

64. You haven't beaten the mighty U's yet!

65. From 411mania: WWE.com has removed the listing of three names of the entrants for tomorrow’s Rumble match at the Royal Rumble event. Justin Gabriel and Los Matadores are no longer on the list of participants. The number of official entrants is now 17.

13 guys still to be announced. Even if we throw in guys like Cesaro, Kofi & Swagger that's a lot of spots that could be used for returns or one-off surprises.

66. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I firmly believe that every team does what the Patriots did, they just suck at not getting caught.

67. Did you ever read Richard Sherman's letter to someone griping at Stanford? It was so perfectly Richard Sherman.

68. Oh crap, not Justin Gabriel! He was my pick to win...

69. That's it. Justin Gabriel is out...I'm selling my ticket.

70. Oh for sure, well and they have the reputation so people triple check everything.

This is basically putting pitch on a baseball, which throughout the regular season happens...every single day somewhere, on some team.

71. I sure will now!

72. Exactly. Still, there have been issues where away team managers whine and make complaints that the home team tampered with the balls before game time, things like being rubbed down with mud, and in Colorado tampering with the humidity of the ball. Usually it's all bs though.

73. You all think you're so great because you own ONE newspaper that belonged to Lincoln's Secretary Of State William H. Seward? Well, guess what? I now own TWO!

...my obsession with odd ebay items is spiraling out of control

74. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:42 PM

It's in Philly, maybe New Jack will be there.

75. New Jack is one of VERY few guys I can honestly say will never work for WWE.

76. If this was like pitch, and it was something Brady did to the ball on the field, just like baseball I'd chalk it up to "Well yeah, that's the game....you fucking didn't see him rubbing pitch? He's Right There."

But this is behind the scenes stuff so it just seems even sketchier, it really does seem like a rule designed to be broken.

77. I can't see them ever hiring me

78. Anyone want to do a Rumble?

79. Sure, I call #27.

80. I'll be doing 2014 in like...2 hours maybe, 3 if you guys start something now I'll wait until it's over

81. Well hell, this mixed in ain't bad at all. I apologize Marv. You are now the Flair to my Double A.

82. I've just started 2011

83. To be honest, I think I've straighted it maybe twice in my life lol

Shot glasses were made for whiskey.

84. Shot glasses were made for shots not spirits.
    Tequila, Sambuca, Jager, proper shots.

85. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Oh, for sure, more likely I'll be a surprise entrant.

86. Terrible. Those are all things that sound foreign as fuck to me.

87. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

They are all nasty.

88. i thought spirits was a generic term for all hard booze

89. You can't, but there's already far worse unrealistic booking in this main event angle itself. And Brock probably won't be on TV for ~2 months.

This is why I think the likely scenario is another 3-way (or more) for the title with Brock involved at Mania.

90. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

It is.

91. All of God's Nectar comes from two rivers in Tennessee, anything else is commie nonsense.

92. When loaded with batteries the Game Gear doubled as an Olympic lifting event.

93. Are you planning on bidding on those old polaroids? Because I am.

94. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Grey Goose and Tanqeray or GTFO.

95. Edge vs. Ziggler sounds good.

96. My favorite rum is Ron Zacapa 23. Found it when I was down in Costa Rica. On the rocks is quite good.

97. It is when discussing officially, but in the UK stuff like Whisky, Rum and Brandy are referred to as Shorts if drank straight. You drink them from a (relatively) short tumbler with a lot of space between the alcohol and the rim of the glass. You are expected to sip and savour it.
    Whereas you have Shots which are served in shot glasses filled to the brim and you knock back in one mouthful.

98. depends on how high the bidding for this one goes

99. Sherman on E:60

"So you say, you'll talk even if they score on you? What could you possibly say?"
    "Well it's like, 'My god! Look it's a miracle! Divine! That's a one in a billion shot bro!'"

I get that he's hated or whatever but come on, this dude is Flair level heel

100. Are you also on RR11?

101. You think Tequila is gross? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

102. Still communist.

103. 6 man: don't care.
    Divas match: don't care.
    Tag title match: don't care.
    Ascension/NAO: don't care.
    World title: don't care.
    Rumble: don't care.

104. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:53 PM

No, I think it's absolutely fucking disgusting.

105. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't care about the PPV.

106. Kai En Tai in Japan was way different from the one in WWF.

107. It is gross. BUT....it's effective.

Like napalming a village.

108. Enters at #1, goes the distance, WWE pays for "Natural Born Killaz" and it plays on a loop for an hour.

109. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I don't mind whiskey, but in large quantities I get all stupid and arrested.

110. Tons of upsets in the FA Cup today, including some typical City.

111. Ding Ding MOTHERFUCKING DING

112. Yes. They were badasses.

113. Nah, Dick Sherman's arrogance is too much of an act. I just laugh when he talks his shit.

114. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Would probably be more entertaining than what we'll get.

115. When you look at what the To Catch a Predator decoy looks like now, no wonder dudes were willing to do 3-5 for her.

116. Acts are for people without the best CB stats in football lol

117. They were kinda like DX. They knew how to draw heat. TAKA said that once that Vince for years wanted him to return, he actually TAKA a lot.

118. He's Heel Rock as far as I'm concerned, too awesome to boo.

119. if something you drink has a worm in it, and someone at the factory doesn't get fired, then yes - it's gross

120. INDEEEED

121. The preshow 6 man elimination tag match needs to be a Royal Rumble qualifier. Make it mean something and people will care.
    Plus it will then actually build towards the PPV it's meant to be promoting.

122. That's probably a better choice

123. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:57 PM

That's mescal, it's technically not tequila, though very similar.

124. You must of banged a fatty once after some shots of tequila.

125. How do people feel about Fireball?

126. Just going to try to fit In the actual Rumble matches in order this weekend

127. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Hate it, but I don't like cinnamon flavored anything.

128. If things like that made people hate liquors I'd be left drinking...water probably, I was going to say cough syrup but I'd have gone through that by now too more than likely.

129. Love it, gives me awful whiskey dick though which sucks.

130. I prefer Ultimate Fireball even more.

131. Probably should have went with coke instead of root beer here. Too much sweet on sweet.

132. One would think that with a WM title shot on the line, more people would want to join. Such terrible booking.

133. Pineapple man, you won't be disappointed

134. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM

That's what rum is for. I've never had more than one shot of tequila in a sitting, I hate that shit.

135. Goes down smooth, girls fucking LOVE it, what's not to like?

Certainly better than that goddamn Tarantula phase girls went through for awhile

136. You'd account for half of Robitussin's profits.

137. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Don't mess with liquor anymore but that was my go to shot for a while.

138. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Try it with apple cider or juice.

139. So I take it when it comes to shots, you're a Jameson guy or bust?

140. Just been messaged to head out tonight for drinks, dancing, drinks, fun/ & a drink, so I'm leaving you early tonight. Heading out in about 1 hour.

141. Randomly decided to watch Royal Rumble '93. Watching Bret vs. Razor now. Scott Hall was charismatic, talented, big, and good looking...hard to believe McMahon didn't put the World title on him in short order.

142. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Jameson, Grey Goose, or Tanquray.

143. Trivia- LBJ had a Fresca soda fountain installed in the white house

144. Whoops, pedo came to meet the male decoy, they sent out the female one by mistake.

"That does not compute, um, er, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!"

145. I would pull a Mr. Deeds and have a Hawaiian Punch drinking fountain

146. You have Rumbles to watch, young man!

147. LOL pedo's last name is Nash

NEWNEWNEW PERV ORDER

148. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Trivia: JFK banged a different chick in every room of the White House, and somehow found time to plow his hot wife, too.

149. That's why he's one of the GOATs.

150. I love camera shots of Helen and Stu Hart during Bret's matches. That kind of thing done in any kind of genuine way would be hard to pull of today.

151. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Curtis, did you end up meeting Jobber last night?

152. LOLOLOLOL this guy has a customized Nissan Ultima where the doors open upward. He should be arrested for that alone.

153. Followed by the heel commentator just eviscerating them. I always loved how those two were down for that.

154. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Cuban Missile what? Moving on...

155. Real world socialising>online socialising

156. So I just told a girl that I don't think I'm in her league (strike 1 I know) and she wants to know why I think so. What do I tell her to not fuck this opportunity up?

157. You tell her "It's not because I think I'm not good-looking enough, it's just you're THAT attractive"

158. Royal Rumble (Randy Orton: Surprise Main Event Star Always Wins, and they ain't gonna risk it on a B+player)
    World Title: I agree with your scenario, thats the way to make Seth Rollins look absolutely weakest, so of course that what they are doing.

Ascension/NAO: I actually hope NAO win, because Ascension suck.
    Usos vs Team Miz: Team Miz
    Six man match: Team Minstrel Show wins
    Womens Match: I take a piss break.

159. Replies are going to ALL go in one of two ways here....be ready Bob lol

160. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:07 PM

"Well, just look at you".

161. the end it didn't seem like Stu knew where he was or what was going on

162. We're still standing! We're here, we're jumping around!"

163. chronic body odor - if she still talks to you after that, you're golden

164. The '94 Rumble was at the Providence Civic Center. This seems pretty small-time.

165. "And then look at me
    Yeah, oh just look at me
    Ain't I a sight to see?
    The whole damn world wants to LOOK LIKE ME
    But they don't
    So just look at me!"

166. There's that, but my bank account has a lot of zeros in it.

167. I think maybe it could have worked with Richie and Ricky Steamboat if Richie were still wrestling (or if he comes back). Ricky wouldn't steal his son's thunder but has the same kind of credibility that Stu Hart had.

168. "It seems like you just know so much more than I do, like my mind is always focused on work and getting to the next step, you seem to have passions and desires and can have real fun, how would I ever keep up?"

Retarded right? I'm engaged on this bullshit.

169. Adam "Colorado" CurryJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:09 PM

If that gives us Orton/Rollins and they still find a way to do Brock/Bryan I could live with it.

170. everyone's does if you carry the decimal point further to the left than is customary

171. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Riley on Buffy sucks. Season 4 has been fucking terrible.

172. I just think you're really, really ridiculously good looking.

173. College virgin pedo alert!

"You're gonna be my first" he tells her. I'm sure he was someone's first....IN PRISON

174. Mitch, The GodfatherJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM

By telling that you don't think you are in her league, you've already lost. Rookie mistake.

175. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM

That's solid.

176. It's become a staple of our tailgates now for a couple of years.
    Girls also love Jack. Kind of understandable as it gets them way more fucked up and it does the job pretty fast.

177. And then throw Blue Steel.

178. I need to try some Grey Goose even though I'm not that much of a vodka guy.

179. You must not have followed the 94 Raw reviews

180. Are you still watching To Catch a Predator? Have you slept since last night?

181. This way you've subtly mentioned your desire for success (read: stability) while also admitting there are things she can teach you that you'd be down for, and compliments her probably non-existant personality.

This will confuse the shit out of her. You are well on your way.

182. I got a long night's sleep but THIS SHOW MUST CONTINUE

183. Enjoy bro. I'll hold down the fort here.

184. Mitch, The GodfatherJanuary 24, 2015 at 1:11 PM

I remember a discussion a while back about HHH and how he was the first to use the sledgehammer as a weapon in the WWE. It racked my brain forever trying to see if that was true and it was not.

185. I'm sure he slept, he just took a seat over there.

186. ... and if she still says yes, she's fucked up in some way. Like "Stalk and Cut Testicles Off With A Potato Peeler" fucked.

Even hitting and quitting is dangerous, if you reveal ANYTHING about yourself.

187. *eats a brownie*

188. That's the real great thing about Fireball, girls will straight out of the bottle that shit, even the girls pretending to be above that.

189. What happened to the single mom?

190. Perv: "I'm not a real predator!"
    Chris: "So you're just a pretend predator? A curious predator?"

OH TAG

191. I'll take: Answers to his own questions for $200 please

192. "I just mean you're really, really pretty that's all. A guy would be really lucky to have your company is all."

Eh?

193. Tell her that as beautiful as funny as she is she clearly deserves to be with someone who isn't damaged goods.
    She will then ask why you consider yourself damaged goods.
    THIS is your chance to make the comeback by showing your sensitive side and explain about your past relationships and your hang ups. Bonus points for saying, "this isn't something I normally discuss with people"

194. So I met some guy that fit Stranger's description(who also had the same name) and he seemed confused by my presence....so possibly?

195. No. No no no.