Thursday, January 22, 2015

BoD Thursday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

Smackdown begins at 8pm EST on Syfy, highlighted by Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a No Disqualification Match

The NBA has two Nationally televised games tonight. At 8pm EST the San Antonio Spurs take on the Chicago Bulls and at 10:30pm EST the Brooklyn Nets face off against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The NHL All-Star break began today so no games for a few days.

College Basketball has a few Nationally televised games tonight, highlighted by #13 Maryland vs. #23 Indiana.

And as usual talk about anything else going on tonight here.

1. apparently, they have miraculous self-deflating balls in New England.

2. Bill: "Don't look at me, look at Tom!"
    Tom: "Don't look at me, look at..... um.... er... gotta go!"

3. Can we have the old ACC basketball back? I mean back to 8 teams. Syracuse traveling down here on a regular basis to play ball is stupid and so is Maryland being in the B1G

4. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Evening.

5. Gonna watch some Spurs/Bulls and then since its Throwback Thursday, hook up my SNES/Super Game Boy to the big TV and play some Pokemon Blue

6. Sounds like a good night.

7. See if this involved brothas they would have been banned from the sport already. I wish I was a rich, old, white guy. They have all the fun.

8. I motion for bringing back both the classic ACC and Big East alignments we all knew and love. What is this shit I don't even

9. Dandy ftw. This is the first AHS since season 1 to get better, not worse, as the season progressed

10. Starting off 1990 with the Royal Rumble.

11. One of the best things about last night's Arrow was the return of Arrow!Diggle, which is always fun

"...This suit is too tight..."

12. I've pretty much given up on the regular season and only check in during tourney time. Only thing I've been following is Kentucky to see if they can run the table.

13. Rogeaus/Bushwackers was the Kofi Kingston/Dolph Ziggler of it's time.

14. Miz and Mizdow/Usos is probably a better comp.

15. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Finally getting my 360.

16. SO tempted to make a racial joke here. But, not gonna.

17. I haven't heard clips from Brady's press conference. What I heard from Bill was pretty convincing.

18. Nice. What games you got?

19. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Alright, about the WON in 2012, I disagree with TNA getting worst promotion in that year. They were pretty good, specially in the summer.

20. Jacques looking like a bad ass with that beard.

21. Haven't watched it yet. But, I was disappointed in the most recent Flash.

The cops cordon off an area where they know bad guys will be, but they don't position snipers? No one takes a shot at them?

Fucking lame.

22. Extremely saddened by the passing of Saudi King Abdullah. Enjoy your evenings. I just don't have it in me tonight. Catch all you bros in the Daily Update thread tomorrow.

23. I know it was the first PPV Rumble, there was nothing on the line but bragging rights, but Big John Studd. Most worthless Rumble victory ever.

24. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I wanna buy Injustice and MK 9 right away. Maybe then buy UFC 3 or KOF XIII. I'm fighting game fanatic.

25. So, I want to spend an obscene amount of money on a new computer. We have the money, thanks to xmas. The wife is ok with it; she says I should just get what I want.

But, I can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

Since when does Hoss have impulse control?

Being a grown up fucking sucks.

26. Still say Sheamus was. At least the crowd didn't start to hate BJS after Wrestlemania.

27. The wrestled against each other in 3 ppvs in 1989-1998... which I mean if you scale up to todays ppv/Raw/Smackdown numbers of reusing every match, does make it the Kofi/Dolph of its time.

Davey Boy Smith/Warlord is the Cena/Orton of its time.

28. ACT LIKE A FUCKING BOSS.....HOSS

29. Guy, I just watched this week's Parks! Holy shit man! Whatever mojo I felt was missing much of Season 6 is BACK.

Buddy. Nuff said.

30. I'm the same way. I have my address and payment stuff typed in on Hulu Plus right now, but can't click submit lol

31. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 5:58 PM

*handshake*

32. Well...except I enjoy watching the latter combo wrestle. The former was just comic relief.

Odd seeing the Sheepherders as evil, vicious heels.

33. Yeah, they did an SNME too! Jesus they ran that match in the ground.

34. I feel you there. It takes me 15 minutes minimum to order anything on Amazon/Xbox.

35. Instead of all that fancy shit why doesn't Flash just punch them in the face and take their weapons away before they have a chance to blink?

36. HULU PLUS IS AWESOME.

Seriously, don't click send yet, send me an email jvc113 at gmail dot com I think I can get you two free weeks.

37. Just pretend that you're buying fancy ice cream rather than a computer. You'll be able to pull the trigger then.

38. Yeah, part of that is knowing that we haven't made decent money for a few years for a number of reasons, so it's harder for me to part with big chunks. Doesn't seem to stop us from eating out a lot though, which is fucking dumb.

39. Pretend its a computer MADE OF ICE CREAM.

40. These are the weirdest NBA all-star starters I can rennet happening.

41. I'm the same way. I eat out all the time for no good reason.

42. Hulu Plus is worth the money, especially to someone like me without cable or satellite.

43. Uh...I really don't wanna eat an iMac.

44. "I'll talk to a man with a ponytail!"

45. You've got money for an iMac.

GET ON THAT SHIT SON.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.

46. Pretty sure if ice cream cost as much as the Mac I want, I would pass on it too.

Consider the ramifications of that statement.

47. Damn you, Big Bang Theory reruns!!!

48. go for it man.

49. Sheamus rumble win lead to a something, even if it was a opening card "main event". Studd's win was completely over-shadowed by the Hogan/Savage blowup midmatch, and then he just did nothing. He worked a house show program with Akeem that produced some of the worst matches ever, and then was supposed to rehash his angle with Andre, roles reversed, before he quit/was fired.

50. My Madden Franchise is a weird place in 2017.

I play for Indianapolis and my starting QB is Kirk Cousins(with a 90 rating!!)

Jim Harbaugh is coaching Seattle, Adrian Peterson is back and setting records, and the Chargers are leaving San Diego. Look away Bonzai.

51. OK I admit it. I deflated the balls during the game. I just thought it would be funny.

52. If you want to enter the contest to win a chance at the shoot interview I recap next week, email me at BBayless781@gmail.com

53. changing o' the guard. It's like WM X

54. LOL Nice.

The only computer i use is a Macbook from 2008. 2g of RAM is *killing* me. But, it's only upgradeable to 4. If I could get to 8, I would probably just do that an deal for another year or two.

55. Did you know you can watch a 90 minute version of Raw that is half as long and just as boring as the full 3 hour version?

56. Have the Jags abandoned Florida?

57. Such a great combo of episodes. Every episode has been a homerun so far.

58. Wait.....teams can leave a city now?

59. We've just gotten lazy. House is usually a mess too. It'll change at some point.

60. I love when they're from the University Of .....

Just say the fucking city you assholes.

61. I only read the clips. I don't buy it. Somebody knows something about something.

62. Nope. Still struggling offensively though.

63. Oh god my apartment.

Seriously I need a good woman.

64. Yeah, I had that thought at the start of the fight. The show had a certain logic that just fucking vanished from this episode.

65. I emailed you. I better get a good number.

66. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM

I don't know what excites me more. Kane v Bryan or a possible Sheamus v. Bryan mania match.

67. I guess so. Robert Flores sent a tweet saying he hopes the Powder Blues will still be used despite the Chargers leaving SD.

68. 90 minutes including commercials?

How many minutes of commericals per hour does Hulu usually throw on there?

69. Stranger in the AlpsJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Considering that AUSTIN is the capital of Texas, that's just stupid.

70. Nah. When I rarely impose limits on my choice of words. So, when part of me decides doing so is a good idea, I tend to listen. These days, anyway.

71. Kane just makes everything awful.

72. Got the email. I am using a generator so its a crapshoot.

73. I haven't played Madden in years so I'm completely behind the times

74. I always disable relocation if I can because whenever a team moves they always change their name and logo to one of the shitty generic clipart files.

75. Well, sure. I would tend to believe the QB had more to do with it than the head coach.

76. Over/under on number of episodes it takes for "The Odd Couple" with Matthew Perry to get cancelled.

I'm thinking 5.5.

77. CBS has nothing else to fill it with since they didn't order enough comedies. That will help it.

78. It's amazing how many opportunities Matthew Perry has been given to succeed in life after Friends.

79. Yeah. Consider yourself educated on the proper year now.

:: shrug ::

80. Network TV is still hiring Matthew Perry?

LOL!

Death to the networks.

81. Is that new job resulting in fat paychecks now?

82. You know what else will help it? Big Bang Theory reruns. That's what they usually do.

83. This year's is the first I've bought since 09. I just skip a few years and it feels really new. Probably won't buy another Madden until 2020.

84. Yea, but they are already running BBT reruns on Thursday.

85. Erick Rowan can't even get a pop on his return from firing.

Awful booking will do that to a guy.

86. Oh I understand Bayless. We wouldn't want to make it unfair for everyone else. brockwink.gif

87. The last month? Dude was fired for like 2.5 weeks lol

88. His character is fucking awful.

89. On the pretaped show at that.

90. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:07 PM

So my wife decided to remove the jack from my truck, and this is the particular day that I'm stranded with a flat. So I call roadside assistance, and end up waiting two hours on someone to show. No dice, so I call back to get an update on the progress. They tell me they'll get back to me, then call me twenty minutes later to let me know that they're calling to let me know that they'll call me back when they know something.

The guys finally arrive thirty minutes after that call, except the spare is leaking air like a sieve.

91. My Pro from 2010 has 4GB. I'm dying sometimes. Other times its okay.

92. Oh damn they are releasing Goodfellas again on blu ray with a 4k remaster supervised by Martin Scorsese. Must. Buy.

93. I have one. She's just not much of a housekeeper these days. neither am I.

Part of it has to do with an overall sense of malaise. I hated my job, she can't find a full time job. Depression shows in odd ways sometimes. Now that I have a job I don't fucking hate doing, it's easier to get up in the morning, I'm more productive when I get home, I'm not inclined to eat as much crap...go figure.

94. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I love Ziggler. Second only behind Bryan for me.

95. Charmander start?

96. The Wyatt family breakup is legit one of the worst booked angles in years. I know it barely even qualifies as an angle but still.

97. Nah. The new job pays less than the last one. But, I don't hate it. I would have gotten fired from the last one in no more than two months if I ihadn't quit. Something would have happened.

98. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:09 PM

I just watched The Wolf of Wall Street last night; Leo DiCaprio sounds eerily like Ray Liotta from Goodfellas.

99. I hope 4K TVs come down in price soon. I'm due for a new TV but don't want to spend that much just yet.

100. Tears for Fears, Madden, and BoD. Some kinda combo.

101. Yeah, if I don't BoD Raw, I'll watch it.

102. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Ziggler has star presence. Dude has "it"

103. I've still got my original DVD in the shitty cardboard case that you have to flip half way through the film.

Might be time for an upgrade on that classic.

104. Uh...Probably the same relative number of breaks, but fewer ads, like 2 or 3 per break.

105. "This game is over and so am I..."

Okay Ryback...

106. You could probably upgrade that to at least 8g for not too much.

107. Are you ending it all tonight?

108. Leslie's rendition of "We Didn't Start the Fire" was gold. And of course, SAX FART.

109. Commercial breaks are MAYBE a minute.

And I think archive/older stuff doesn't have commericals.

110. Rowan has some gnarly teeth.

111. Interesting counter to what chants........talking so fucking slow the audience shoots itself

112. Really? Wow. Thank god I haven't bought it yet.

113. Haha is that in the handbook for Suicide warning behavior. Im sitting in the big chair now!

114. I know what you mean. I'm pretty depressed most of the time and don't feel like doing anything.

115. It's a shame, too, since Tom Lennon is comedy gold.

116. It's either that or you're feeling feelings.

117. Sax Fart has become legend in my house.

118. So weird that there's no Thunder guys.

119. Also, there is no such thing as too much RAM. Part of the reason the rig I want is so expensive is that I want to max on the RAM - 32GB. The new iMacs (and Mac Minis) can't be upgraded once they're built.

120. Uh-oh Ziggles...you buried HHH and Steph's DVDs, get ready for more job duty.

121. I just wanna rule the world bro.

122. You're fine with Tears for Fears. The moment you toss in Joy Division is the event horizon.

123. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM

I'm was watching Law & Order SVU, I'm happy they never made Elliot & Olivia a couple.

124. I'll go with a shocking 13 episodes. I think CBS will have no choice but to stick with it and will probably end up reducing it's episode order.

125. Sitting on a couch complaining on a podcast.

Zing!

126. I'll let you know if it gets there haha.

127. Shout, Art. Let it all out!

128. Will Arnett sucks worse.

I miss having Showtime cause I used to love watching Epiosdes with Matt LeBlanc, where he basically makes fun of being Matt LeBlanc. It's a beautiful thing.

129. #sickburntheredolph

130. PG sucks. Backside? Oh TAG

131. There was no goddamn reason to do that and it was totally out of nowhere.

132. Ask one of your buddies if their mom has cancer and see if it grabs you.

133. I've been digging Rollins' heelin

134. You know it's the new and improved Smackdown when we open with a 15 minute and counting promo.

135. Yeah seriously, get over it. Its been like six months.

136. Ditto the Criminal Intent duo

137. "Oh, and HHH and Stephanie's DVD is AWESOME!" is a hilarious suck-up line.

138. I'm so sick of Isaac Yankem week after week.

139. What record is/was worse?

Kane's in 2014 or the Knicks' this year?

140. How do you feel about Diesel?

141. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I'm surprised how many young girls have a crush on Christopher Meloni, kinda like William Petersen in CSI.

142. I wonder how they'd ruin a Rollins/Bryan program for the belt at Mania...the match would probably be amazing but imagine THIS creative building it the next 2 months+?

143. I used to always the Genius but man was I wrong. He was awesome.

144. I have the DVD that's widescreen but in 4:3, so it's in a little movie box on a HDTV. I will upgrade on this lol

145. "You know what will improve Smackdown's ratings? KEEP IN IT EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAW!"

Godforbid they try somthing different, since if that did show improvement it would call into question what they do on the big show.

146. Rough day bro. Hope tomorrow is better.

147. That whole movie feels like the drug paranoia scene, just a manic intensity

148. That whole movie feels like the Goodfellas drug paranoia scene, just a manic intensity

149. I think your sentence needs a verb.

150. I'm going with Nail.

151. Is it just me or do shows like Law and Order and SVU make cops look like bigger scumbags?

152. Holy fuck bring back Teddy Long so he can make this a tag-team match playa within 7 minutes tops.

153. He was the funniest one in the show by a wide margin. It's shocking how Aniston had the biggest career of all

154. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Hope so too. I'm expecting news from work that could make or break my year.

155. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I love Vincent.

156. Nice one, another clean job for Barrett!!

157. BNB got out there pretty quick. Almost like he knew he'd be fighting ...

158. I'm about to light some stuff on fire in my back yard. I will light some of it in your honor for praise from the gods. Be well.

159. "Leslie and Ron" was just amazing. Poor Ron ;_;

160. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Take care, boss.

161. Only WWE would be afraid of attempting something different that gasp might succeed!

162. KInda sucks. Thankfully, I'm coming out of it.

163. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I wouldn't kick Olivia out of bed, but she could be a real cunt on that show, and every D.A. on that show was trash. The only characters that I even remotely liked were Finn and Munch.

164. Did Gunther ever come back to the BoD?

165. Fun fact: Kenny Rogers chicken restaraunt chain now exclusively operates in southeast Asia

166. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Nope.

167. ThebrazilianpsychoJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:22 PM

What happened this time?

168. Bout time.

169. Never. Always a grass starter.

170. Guess Kramer was successful in getting them out of Manhattan?

171. Kenny Rogers Street Dogs did terrible in market testing here.

172. WWE has such a little amount of fresh match-ups left.

173. that's what five hours of weekly programming will do to you.

174. MikeyMike, JuggernautJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Hoss made a comment about his lack or success with women and he was gone. This was a few months ago.

175. The Uso's still need a lackluster feud.

176. Who are we talking about?

177. Why are these guys fighting?

The IC champ jobs again or Dolph jobs in his first match back after being rehired.

Abysmal writing.

178. Probably back under a new name thrilled anyone noticed he's gone. Oooooor he killed himself.

179. Sexy Flexy Biff KensingtonJanuary 22, 2015 at 6:25 PM

It's amazing he survived the fuck-up at MSG in '85 against Jake Roberts when he tried a springboard plancha, slipped and fell on his head on the concrete floor.