Tuesday, February 24, 2015

BoD Tuesday Night Thread

Not a whole lot going on tonight. The WWE Network is replaying the Steve Austin Podcast with Vince McMahon at 9pm. There is basketball, college and pro, as well as hockey. So, talk about all of that and more here.

Also, check out the "Great WrestleMania Re-Book Series" over at Place to be Nation as they cover WrestleMania 2. Click on the link below and give it a read as several staff writers (myself included) write up their own card for the show.

1. Hot ending to this show with the Hart Foundation and DX all brawling and then Taker gets into the mix to end things.

2. I learned Mellon Collie on the piano, I will be MASTER OF THE WORLD!!!

/LiamMcBoyle

3. I wish Bayless would give you a new avatar already.

4. Hell no! I'm down for 5 more days of Bronie jokes, I love this thing

5. It scares me.

6. Friendship should never frighten anyone.

7. Longfellow couldn't have said it any better.

8. Maryland putting boots to asses on #5 Wisconsin right now.

9. This thread is happening tonight, huh.

10. Hopping like a damned Kangaroo.

11. One thing I'll miss about Parks (among many things) is the "long list" gag.

"I want to treat April like a queen. And queens deserve flowers and massages, chocolate, booze, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, them treasure chests full of scarves, different kinds of lubes that warm up when you rub them on stuff, I want to give her all that and more!"

12. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Upvote for the avatar.

13. I watched that one today! I loved how they'd shoot those with a bunch of cuts to make it seem like theyd rambled on even longer than what were seeing.

14. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:49 PM

It's early, people are out or busy.

15. So rumor is that Lesnar walked out of Raw last night and Vince is trying to cover it up. Interesting.

16. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:51 PM

I always liked that end of the world episode where in the end April and Andy go to the Grand Canyon and then Andy responds
    "It's beautiful......where are all the faces of the presidents?"

17. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:51 PM

CM Punk 2.0?

18. You think he had zero fucks going into WM20, just wait until five weeks from now...

19. Really not looking forward to slow motion videos of Brock's tramp stamp for the lawsuit to come

20. Well that is a shit excuse.

21. I love that. And

"Remember that when you're looking at the moon, I'll be here looking at ... a moon. But not the same moon, obviously, because that's impossible."

22. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:52 PM

He should demand to put over Bryan.

23. This is great

24. BACKSTAGE POLITICKING ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME, BROTHER, JUST GO ASK THAT SKINNY JABRONI SHAWN MICHAELS, DUDE

25. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Kind of like the excuses for why the Raw ratings would be down.

26. "Strippers do nothing for me. I like a strong, salt of the Earth, self-possessed woman at the top of her field. Your Steffi Grafs, your Sheryl Swoopeses, but I will take a free breakfast buffet anytime, anyplace."

27. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Sooooo...

I wasn't here last night. That was quite the awkward ending for RAW, was it not?

And WTF have they done with Randy Orton in only 24 hours?

28. I'm watching the episode where Ben tries to get Dennis Feinstein to donate to charity.

"You are a major dick. *runs away*"
    "GET MY CROSSBOW"

29. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:54 PM

One of my favorite Andy moments has to be when he yelled, "Garbage Fight!" and then knocked Tom into the middle of next week with the bag full of garbage.

30. Parks and Rec is being shoved back to 10 est?

NBC hates this show.

31. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:55 PM

They cooled him down.

32. I can name off thousands of Andy moments. Like when he goes to the doctor.

"When i use the bathroom I'll whipe a hundred times. Still poop, still poop, still poop. It's like I'm whiping a marker"

33. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Fitting how WWE works for this company.

34. Once Parks is gone I have zero reason to watch NBC.

35. Meltzer bringing the truth:

"You know how they talk about who's going to be the future face of the company? There ain't gonna be one. It's the era of the mid-card, where everybody is a mid-carder. John Cena is going to be the last main-eventer ever probably. Either the baby-faces are all going to be goofs or incompetent, or missing the thing to get over while thinking they have it...and the heels are going to be puppets like the Big Show, that turn fifteen times and are just kind of there. At least with Seth, you at least get good matches out of him..."

36. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Jeopardy final clue:

At his term's end, Ronald Reagan took an office in an LA high-rise, still a mess from the filming of this 1988 thriller.

37. This was in today's Observer Radio referencing Stephanie basically emasculating Rollins in a backstage segment last night.

38. Die Hard?

39. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:57 PM

What is Die Hard?

40. That doesn't read like Meltzer. Not enough back tracking and base covering.

41. I wish I had a Rolexus.

42. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM

It was pretty easy.

43. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Kid:"Who are you?"
    :Andy smashes an object:
    Andy:"I'm the F'N FBI....."

44. Cavs better best Detroit tonight!

45. "Ms. Snakehole. You think I'd let you get away that easily?"

46. It's that copy-paste sites usually takes the things he says on Observer Radio and selectively picks and chooses things to make a vague newz bit.

Like on Observer Radio today, he says he doesn't want to speculate about what the deal was with Brock because then a bunch of sites would take it as gospel and post it online. Which...is exactly what ended up happening.

47. YOU'RE pretty eas----oh, you were complimenting me. So sorry.

48. I pretty much only have basic cable to watch football and Parks & Rec.

49. Caught that earlier

50. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Stupid contestant said "Nightmare on Elm Street".

*sigh*

51. The fuck? That doesn't HAVE a high rise in it.

52. "Well... The thing is... It's that... And, you see... It's not that it's going to be for sure but... You know?"

53. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM

A few weeks ago, they had a question about the writer of the film "The Cabin In the Woods". The answer would have been Joss Wheaton, but no one knew it. They even mentioned Buffy in it and still no one got it.

54. I'd listen to the radio but he hems and haws too much. It's like listening to Shawn where it takes him too long to get to the point because he'll throw in "you know" "uhh" or restart his sentence completely.

55. The positive side: it wasn't predictable.
    The negative side: it was shit.

56. How have you been liking this season?

57. Like all of Jeopardy... it's easy if you know it.

58. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I know, right? She probably remembers every line from Driving Miss Daisy, however.

59. Yeah, he's not really the best at communicating his points clearly and succinctly. In fact, he's not that good of a writer either. Seriously, I've never seen a published journalist of any shade or fashion with worse grammar and sentence structure than Dave.

60. To be fair, that IS a good-ass movie.

61. It wouldn't be one last fuck you to NBC's comedy fans without moving Parks and Rec to 10pm for no reason so there can be a two hour edition of The Voice.

62. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I have issues with categories such as art, european history and Africa.

63. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Problem is everyone doesn't know everything.

64. FXX is showing the Parks episode "Are you Better Off?" Aka Burt Macklin's pregnancy investigation.

Macklin...you son of a bitch.

65. I've watched enough, where I can figure out the question by hearing the answer... having an incredible memory helps. I really didn't have to learn anything.

66. On Iron Man 3 now in my Marvel watching, I gave up trying to find that download and just borrowed all the movies

The Mandarin reveal is still my favorite thing the MCU has ever done

67. That was also '84.

68. I wouldn't have minded that if the other villain was better than Guy Pierce's villain.

69. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Bitch had no clue.

70. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM

If I was on there, I'd bet all my money in the hopes of getting Die Hard as the answer.

71. I loved it... I thought every episode was a damn home run... with a couple grandslams thrown in. They're really giving fans of the show what they want.

72. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM

The category was 80's Movies. I was so betting all my dough.

That was MY TIME TO LIVE, BABY!

73. Yeah I'm super pissed about this. I want to go to bed at 9!

74. The greatest thing Ann ever did on Parks was playing along with Andy's "Burt Macklin" gag.

"What do you want Macklin?"

75. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:07 PM

If you were in China, his name would have been Mad Darren.

76. My favorite Pokemons

Charizard
    Psyduck
    Machamp
    Volpix
    Snorlax
    Entei.

77. I agree. I've loved, loved, loved this season. I'm not setting high expectations for the finale actually. I don't really care about quality because I've gotten so much quality this season.

I just want to see these characters I love come together one last time.

78. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM

2 things .
    1. random
    2. No Mewtwo?

79. I don't get the clue. I also haven't seen Die Hard in forever.

80. This timeslot fucks me... I've got volleyball tonight so I'm going to miss it. I'll try and stream something tomorrow when I get home from work.

81. Psst... is...someone...done talking about Sting?

82. Honor mentions.

83. Man that sucks. I've been struggling to stay up past 10 the past few days so I'm going to have to fight to make it through the end. And then cry myself to sleep lol.

After the reveal of Mayor Gunderson this season is tops.

84. "Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?" Cliff freakin' Clavin.

85. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM

I have a younger brother who used to collect Pokemon cards. I remember he made a big deal out of finding this one rare card in his pack. I can't remember the name of the damn Pokemon because I wasn't a fan.

86. I like how they've brought Rollins along. He needs more big wins but they have allowed him to grow into the role instead of throwing him in it.

87. Pfft, Joey Maggs could return and get a bigger pop than Sting

88. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Was.....someone......talking about Sting?

89. Wuss! Complete the journey.

90. http://i.imgur.com/6thDs.gif

91. Same. I get up at 4am so staying up late is a challenge nowadays.

92. Huge lol at the "redesign" of the Browns helmet.

93. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Use to collect the cards and toys, those were the days.

94. Snorlax is a great name.

95. Got a picture?

96. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Why the fuck is that so scary? It's like one of those "click the dot" things where the scary fucking ghost jumps out at you unexpectedly.

97. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:12 PM

That needs to be Big Show's new nickname, Showlax.

98. I may have inadvertently started it by asking about it in factual and
    logical terms. I apologize to all my fans overseas, in Europe, in
    Germany. I apologize to all my fans here in the BoD....

99. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Germans love the Petuka Bazooka.

100. I thought it was Bill Murray's brother first... Brian Doyle Murray.

THEN, I freaked out a bit.

101. http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2015/0224/nfl_browns_years_cr_600x400.jpg

102. http://i.imgur.com/NBxNv.gif

103. 2 years of surveys and focus groups for THAT??? fucccccck

104. Wow that's hardly recognizable.

105. I can't find it, I want to watch them damnit

106. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I think I know that guy.

107. Hey Mike.

108. Where the hell as Bobby been? Did he give in to the crazy woman?

109. Marketing Directors are the biggest scammers in corporate america.

110. ...my God do I love having Nike up here designing all our shit lol

111. Saw an online list of historical photos recolorized.

Even in color, Abraham Lincoln had a face not even Rocky Dennis could love.

112. I used to have yu-gi-oh cards.

113. Failing at everything since 1999!

114. Its the #1 BoD Finisher in Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Peoria, IL, and among those with hypoglycemia too.

115. Anyone listen to Steve Austin podcast today yet? Might start it in a bit.

116. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:15 PM

They should have had a Mewtwo vs Entei film. Not doing that left money on the table.

117. Not the biggest Ann fan but I think she looks her best in Season 5.

118. Bayless posted this and I disapprove of the upvote count for it. Watch it already, people.

Cena-Rusev re-imagined as Rocky IV's contemplative midnight drive montage

119. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Yu-Gi-Oh actually got me to stop watching wrestling in 02:

120. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Well, the Can Opener has been feeding my family for decades. Literally.

121. That move looks familiar

122. I am sick today.

Probably caught something from some fucking nerd.

123. This is what Sting was doing in TNA? Fuck.

124. There is zero way Abraham Lincoln would be elected President in this day and age. And that's a travesty.

125. Volpix is the perfect Pokemon to give your girlfriend, if they existed.

126. Who did he have on?

127. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Nerditis?
    Nerdcrotosis?
    Nerd-eating virus?
    H1N1 where the N stands for nerd?

Social awkwardness?

128. The Can Opener is the #1 BoD Finisher among these Canadian Provinces: Nova Scotia, Alberta, Manitoba, and the Northwest Territories. It is also the top finisher among those in the 65+ demographic and 100/100 people surveyed after purchasing the Pulled Pork Pizza at Papa John's.

129. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Fucking shit

*smh*

130. There is NO EASY WAY OUT. WATCH THIS FUCKING VIDEO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

131. It's good, but they don't really delve too much into the current product, really. They just talk about the one show (Fastlane). In a vacuum, Fastlane's a decent show.

132. Can you post a link of Orton's OVW wheelbarrow suplex?

133. Steve and Wade Keller broke down the PPV.

134. Is that going to be a monthly deal with them breaking down the PPV? I like that.

135. You are #2 in Ontario and Saskatchewan. Focus on them. You are only #7 in Quebec. Don't worry about them. We don't run shows there anyway.

136. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Fantastic.

137. Fucking seriously. The Voice is gonna get ratings no matter what, so why not put the FUCKING FINALE of Parks on at 8:00 and follow it with America's Kidz Got Singing from 9:00-11:00?

138. Stranger in the AlpsFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I'm really more of a challenge to Mister E Mahn and Primetime Ten than I thought.

139. si, señor.

Or should I say, se-nerd.

140. YouTube blocked at work but type in Randy Orton vs. Slick Robbie D because he used it in that match. Or see if you can get the 2001 OVW Christmas Chaos show.

141. SAMI ZAYN THEME AT WIZARDS GAME!!!!

142. Any regular listeners of Meltzer know if he ever went into the ins and outs of Brock's deal as far as he knows? I'm always curious if he gets the same pay for last night or a 2 minute-stands-next-to-Heyman as he does getting put through a table at Rumble.

143. Wait... What his/her power?

144. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:23 PM

It'll make everyone happy!

145. When it comes to timekeeping, you are never going to be #1. Not even in retirement homes.

146. Couldn't they have just gone back to the stylized "Browns"? A goddamned helmet. For the love of god. On the plus side there's still no helmet logo.

147. I saw his match with Cena, he was doing high flying stuff and had a better look with the long hair.

148. Probably. He's always chatting up Meltzer and Keller, and the he goes and appears on their shows, too. Such a nerd.

Austin's a strange case. The guy is so badass that rednecks, macho/violent types, wrestling geeks, and outdoorsmen all want to claim him as one of their own.

149. It played straight through a timeout. Awesome.

150. I'm wondering if they wanted to tape segments with him last night to show throughout the next few weeks and he wanted to get paid for each episode they show one on.

Probably not but mindless speculation until it comes out is fun.

151. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Ohh edgy, they went from a lighter orange to a darker orange.

152. The nerds have claimed him.

153. I can't believe he doesn't have any interest in working in creative or anything.

154. Well, in today's show, he mentioned that Lesnar did get paid, even though they didn't use him. Or that might have been Alvarez. Either way, WWE is staffed with brainless morons.

155. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM

WWE: ruining guys who can do high flying stuff since forever.

156. Anybody know why Raw took a month off after SummerSlam 93?

157. And frankly, that's the only way it makes sense they haven't done that all along. If it doesn't cost them anything extra and they just didn't bother to ever tape ahead it just boggles the mind. Not that they need to do it every week but every now and then an added Lesnar segment? Why not

158. Tremendous!

159. Where's the scene with Nikki Bella begging Cena not to go because "he can't win!" and if he dies in the ring before they get married she probably won't get any of his money?!

160. Probably been posted today in the Daily Update, but I still feel like this gritty Power Rangers fan film with James Van Der Beek and Katee Sackhoff needs to be seen by as many people as possible:

161. SummerSlam Spectacular and SummerSlam was on a Monday the following week and then the US Open.

162. That's just amazing then. Even if you can't think of a segment, if he's getting paid, at least show him menacingly walking into the locker room or something. Dude's like a dragon come to life

163. Anyone seen AJ Lee's latest tweets? Calling out Steph for the way the Divas are presented.

164. Charismatic eNegro Jef VinsonFebruary 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM

I want to see AJ's tweets.

165. I saw, no Jason David Frank so no buys.

166. Yeah! And Sting could return and get a bigger pop than Sting!

167. After the daily update thread today, I hope HHH/Sting is *****.

168. Stealing Bayless' upvotes n shit.

169. The UFC style sit-downs they did to build the first Cena match when he came back in 2012 were gold.

170. She delete something? All I've seen is her retweeting Steph trying to glom onto Patricia Arquette

171. Too bad it'll be totally heatless. Blow it off on Superstars before Mania.

172. Maybe if it was 2000 Triple H vs. 1992 Sting.

173. He was asking his listeners a year ago if he should do a weekly podcast breaking down WWE TV. He probably then realized he would have to sit through Raw all the time and nixed it.

174. 2000 Triple H could have a ***** match with 2007 Sting.

175. Van Der Beek could literally appear anywhere and he'd still fit in.

176. Meltdowns or just the usual Sting's old/but it'll be great back and forths?

177. Madness this way lies. Back out now whole your sanity is in tact.

178. Worst had a meltdown over the Sting/HHH segment from fastlane.

179. Wow, AJ with straight hot fire at Steph.

180. If orton doesn't bring it against Rollins and Bryan is left off the card, it could be match of the night.

181. in replies:

A.J.

@WWEAJLee
    19m
    19 minutes ago
    @StephMcMahon
    Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise & have
    starred in the highest rated segment of the show several times,

A.J.

@WWEAJLee
    19m
    19 minutes ago
    @StephMcMahon And yet they receive a fraction of the wages & screen time of the majority of the male roster. #UseYourVoice

182. I hate the Bruins... that is all.

Oh, and general comment about HHH, Sting and Lesnar.

183. https://twitter.com/WWEAJLee/with_replies

184. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:31 PM

I love the first comment at the bottom where the guy hated how Power Rangers became Americanized and thought it should have ended long ago.

185. That was a very unenjoyable segment, but a meltdown if excessive.

186. THERE'S NO WAY WAY OUT!!!

187. She said that the divas get a fraction of the pay and screen time despite being some of the highest merch sellers.

188. No shit. They should have brought in Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker to defend WCW.

189. I finished the skin! http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95332-release-tew13-skin-attitude/

190. It's a bullshit special attraction vanity match, like who gives a fuck?

191. Rockstar Gary has the greatest website that I've ever seen.

192. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©February 24, 2015 at 6:33 PM

At Danimal's place?

193. Steiners vs Quebecers!