Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BoD Daily Update

WWE Issues Statement on Bill DeMott

“WWE took the accusations made two years ago by Austin Matelson very seriously, conducted a full investigation and was unable to validate the claims.  Regardless, WWE continues to reinforce policies and procedures to ensure a positive training environment.”

DeMott was still working at the Performance Center yesterday in his normal capacity.

Mark Henry Update

Henry was backstage at RAW this week and expected to return to the road full-time as well.

Rey Mysterio Update

Mysterio announced yesterday during a press conference for the AAA "Rey De Reyes" event that he will be returning to the company for that event, which will be held on 3/15.

RAW Ratings

Ratings for RAW went down this week with just 3.82 million viewers. Here is the hourly breakdown:

8pm: 3.55 million viewers
9pm: 4.07 million viewers
10pm 3.86 million viewers

1. After reading the Smackdown Spoilers, are they wasting Bryan at this year's Wrestlemania?

2. AverageJoeEverymanMarch 4, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Imagine the British political jokes the writers would get to make about a "Royal" Rumble.

3. It's obviously a vast conspiracy against that poor victim Hugh Morrus.

4. On his podcast?

5. Twitter.

Chris Jericho ✔ @IAmJerichoFollow

Hey @BillDeMott is a good friend & great trainer. If u can’t handle it then quit. My training at #HartBrothers camp was 10,000 times worse!

6. Yeah but Jericho is a prick.

7. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:20 AM

They'll be erect throughout.

8. The WWE even instituted a rule that all developmental training sessions must be filmed due to his behavior as a trainer in Deep South. And they still brought him back.

9. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:20 AM

One of these days we'll realize a guy that size beating bigger guys just isn't believable...yknow like that successful, awesome Mania last year that everyone loved.

10. Buffalo HopscotchMarch 4, 2015 at 7:21 AM

And I'm sure DeMott and WWE internally paint it as a bunch of bitter ex WWE employees who are angry they didn't make the cut as the reasons the complaints were made.

11. Crazy brawling may help- Reigns does the spear through the barricade, they beat the crap out of each other with chairs, somebody goes through the announce table- but I think it'll probably be a 'meh' match for the fans anyway.

12. Correction: 10 other guys he's never even interacted with on screen for a title he's never expressed interest in!

13. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM

Obviously. All those greedy NXT rookies all trying to sue for some of the famous Hugh Morrus fortune. You keep his hands off his millions, greenhorns!

14. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:26 AM

That match is just entirely a loss on all fronts. If Ambrose loses, his disastrous run plunges further. If Bryan loses, it's the biggest waste in Mania history. If Barrett loses, he's officially worthless but if he WINS, then he just gets his 50/50 win back and EVERYONE looks like a moron. Ditto Truth.

So to reiterate, it doesn't matter who wins it, b/c everyone still loses. The loser match for the loser title featuring a bunch of losers...right smack in the middle of the show.

15. The "x" is silent. Read "BxB Hulk" like you would "B.B. King".

16. I like EC3 answer : "I love/sacrificed for pro wrestling. A Hart can stretch me any day. A know nothing dipshit slapping me when I'm concussed is different."

17. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Dear Mr. Jericho,

Yeah, but you were training with The Harts*. As a mark looking to get into a vastly profitable business, you sucked it up.

Who the fuck is a mark for Bill De Mott and willing to put up with his bullshit, for a shot at one day making to TV as a Rosebud?

Different strokes, Chrissy boy.

* Yeah I know, I've read his books.

18. I called it yesterday. The old "an internal investigation revealed no evidence" play.

19. Ec3 sacraficed way too much if he even paid money for his training because that guy is garbage and shouldn't be in the business.

20. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:31 AM

They should pay Jake Roberts to answer calls for them about stuff like this. "Oh we looked into it.......trust me."

21. Someone mentioned it last night, but are they not officially putting Bryan in the IC title match yet because they are keeping him available until the last second in case something happens with Lesnar? Or is this one of those things that they want the fans to beg and plead and cheer, which they are doing less and less, to have him announce that he'll be in the match?

22. I disagree, he's very good

23. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Which will still probably be the best match on the show. And it's not like anyone needs to be pinned or take the loss, one guy climbs the ladder and wins the title. I think the only people who look like morons are the guys booking things so that the most popular guys on the roster, and the best workers, are in a midcard title match.

I'd much rather have Ziggler, Bryan, Ambrose and Barrett in the ladder match than in the Andre Rousimoff Memorial BAttle Royal, also known as ARMBAR!

24. He's one of the top heels around.

25. Me to, like CM Punk smart fans seem so fed up that they like guys more for leaving it.

26. The classic Observer that the Observer website put up this week is the post-Starcade 97 issue. It's a pretty good read.

27. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM

I wonder if Stu Hart ever called the guys he stretched out in the dungeon derogatory names that questioned their manhood. Something tells me he did, and did it while the guys were in a lot more pain than whatever DeMott can do...

28. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:33 AM

My thoughts exactly. Nobody ever went home thinking, "Well, work sucks but at least I'm being harassed by THE General Rection!"

29. Not surprised about the Jericho tweet. That isn't the first time he tried to excuse behavior by saying "he was my friend!"

30. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:33 AM

(You suck!)
    (I disagree!)
    (You suck!)
    (I'm very good!)

31. Bill DeMott is the same as Benoit! Never too early in the morning for a nice sizzling hot take!

32. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Benoit for instance yeah.

33. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Definitely a contingency plan is in effect.

34. Neither is it too early to read apparently.

35. That's the joke.

36. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Ahh. Hang on, I'll edit my post to be less boring then.

37. Which is scary considering they are 25 days away from Mania. They were so stupid to have not seen this coming.

38. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Oh I don't want them in the Wasted Talent Battle Royal. This is much better, and by all rights SHOULD elevate the IC title again just by existing. It's just when you look at it, no matter who wins it everyone else just suffers, and then there's zero faith in them that the title won't just go back to being treated like a joke immediately after. Unless of course if Barrett wins and at RAW the next night a debuting Balor or Neville win it from him, which is...entirely possible, actually.
    I guess you have a point though...in this type of match there's only a winner, no actual losers, which does lessen the frustration a bit.

39. Rollins / Orton should be the best match of the show, but yea a ladder match with these guys could steal it as well.

40. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Or they're just building intrigue and keeping people discussing it on social media.

41. RAW ratings usually go down during the WM build, right?

42. I think you're right, but damn how do they do this convincingly? Bryan lost at the Rumble fair and square, he lost at Fast Lane fair and square, I can't conceive of a reason to add him to the match storyline wise that's credible

43. Those numbers are bad for this time of year.

44. I really enjoyed it. Check out the new Bryan & Vinny Show.

45. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM

I'm not sure how you predict Lesnar and McMahon getting into an argument over his next contract and the guy walking out. At least they had a way to work a contingency.

46. Of course!

47. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Could go either way. They really like trolling Bryan fans....

48. Haven't seen any of the IC title angle but from what I read, it sounds next level awful.

49. They knew when his contract expires. They knew in November that he was discussing a UFC return. Why not take the belt off of him at the Rumble then? It's not like he needs it to sell a match at Mania anyways.

50. I wonder if Stu ever kicked the broken legs of people in casts or shook someone in a neck collar after a neck injury, kind of doubt he did. Those offenses to me are much worse than the verbal derogatory things (which are bad), those are real physical abuse and people should be suing him. They also probably set back the healing of the wrestlers and caused them to be out longer than they should of been, which is something the WWE should care about.

51. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:40 AM

"Wasted Talent Battle Royal"

I still prefer ARMBaR.

52. To put the rating in perspective, here are the shows from the same time from the past three years

3/4/13: 5,018,000 million viewers
    3/2/14: 4,577,000 million viewers
    3/2/15: 3,825,000 million viewers

53. He is very good on the mic and a passable in ring worker.

54. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:40 AM

But they're precisely right for the grave the company is slowly lowering itself into. I don't know how long it's going to take, but at some point we're going to look back on this and last year as some of the darkest days in wrestling history.

55. Man, Bryan Alvarez shit all over RAW this week.

56. So basically the exact same give or take a million viewers.

57. Their love for Luger was fantastic

58. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Yeah. I didn't catch most of the show, but I *thought* I enjoyed what little of it I did catch...after hearing this, I'm not so sure now.

59. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Rollins and Orton are both very good, but I wouldn't expect them to out-excite an audience over a ladder match featuring the Human Spot Machine, Dolph Ziggler, the most popular guy on the roster in Daniel Bryan and other good-to-great workers like Ambrose and Barrett.

All you need to do is throw Kofi in there for another great spot, and you've got 4-5 stars easy.

60. It was and he was fantastic on that episode of Nitro.

61. Cena vs Orton,one more timeMarch 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM

EVERYTHING IS FINE.

62. Luger is vastly underrated.

63. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Me too, I was just being truthful.

64. At this rate, the first RAW in March will barely reach 3 million viewers

65. Hey just blame it on Jon Stewart. They needed more McMahons to really build up wrestlemania this year!

66. Oh yea the fans will be all over the ladder match, but as a good basic match Rollins / Orton will be the 4 1/2-5* match of the night.

67. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:43 AM

I agree with you on all of this. I can't imagine anyone who would defend WWE or DeMott on any of those infractions. The fact that they haven't been sued into making a change already is, to me, unthinkable.

68. Is the Observer worth a subscription? I'm thinking of dropping Hulu for it. Like the Network I'd be more interested in the archives than the current stuff.

69. "Ween" Dean AndrewsMarch 4, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Trolling Bryan fans is like shooting fish in a barrel.

And yeah, I definitely think that this is their plan. Whether as a contingency or just for discussion.

Personally, I think they're rebuilding their main event roster. Not Main Event, heh. They rode hard Bryan last year and it went bad. So now they're spreading around the love. Makes sense to me. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Boring as hell to watch though, sure.

70. The fact that they fired him over abuse allegations then brought him back and are now defending him is puzzling.

71. I know it launched Rock into a gigantic star and Austin wouldn't work with the guy but I really wish Owen would have been in that spot at Survivor Series 98. It is the only thing that would have made it a better twist. Owen Hart selling out for Vince a year after his brother gets screwed would have been so good.

72. I think its worth it. Classic Observers start in 1991 and are updated every week.

73. Roman Reigns wrestling Ken Kennedy in an empty minor league baseball stadium for the TNA title. Over or under 30 months?

I'll go over because TNA probably won't be around then but its one of those things that just feels like has to happen.

74. He must have the secret Vince/HHH sex tape or something

75. Roman Reigns = Ratings

76. "We asked a bunch of $25K a year NXT wrestlers who knew to keep their mouth shut because of how petty and vindictive our leadership team can be, and surprise surprise nobody said a word!"

77. I am not a Corporate Nugget! Woo! I am a Black Hart, A Sole Survivor and so much better than my brother Bret.

78. If Stardust really wants some heel heat, he should do a promo where he shows the intro to the cage match with Dusty saying hi to his "daughter Cody."

79. I can't wait until their viewership drops to 2 million

80. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Makes perfect sense to me, but then, I worked for a guy that would fire someone and then bring them back in a better role a year or two later.

I wonder if my old boss graduated from the Vincent K. McMahon school of management.

81. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM

If the match even happens at this point. All this bullshit STORY they're building around it is sucking the heat of the feud dry.

82. Interesting prospect but as much as I love Owen Hart, I just don't see him as a top level guy in that kind of feud.

83. And the WWE instituted a policy that they had to film every training session because of what DeMott did in Mid South. And they bring him back with a promotion.

84. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Because Lesnar has never once given any fucks as long as they were backing a Brinks trunk filled with cash up to his house. From all accounts, negotiations have usually gone pretty smoothly with Brock and I doubt anyone would have foreseen him getting that bent out of shape.

I sure as shit wouldn't have expected it.

85. Buffalo HopscotchMarch 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM

So does DeMott work with everyone in NXT, or just the guys they're teaching to wrestle? Can't imagine the guys on the NXT TV show putting up with his crap.

86. Do you get to pick and choose whatever you want to read at any time? I remember a few years ago when I looked into subscribing they emailed you your choice of four classic issues. As silly as that sounds, it's a deal breaker for me.

87. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Indeed. If only he wasn't so much of a pompous twat for so much of his career.

88. Fat, Ugly Inner-City SweathogMarch 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM

If they really want Wrestlemania to be a week long event that people travel to from around the world, I dont see Minnesota in March/April as a real destination. Phoenix had the Super Bowl, Phoenix Open, Pro Bowl all at once because that place is perfect for big events at a time that the rest of the country is miserable

89. When you subscribe, you get full access to the archives on the site, which go back to 1991 or 1992 I believe.

90. Sure, but that would still leave WWE with two or three dozen or so stadiums in larger cities to choose from in the U.S., not counting Canadian stadiums, repeating once that previous had Manias, or stadiums that are yet to be built. As I said above, it's likely WWE will run out of stadium-sized crowds willing to go to WrestleMania than running out of stadiums.

91. That's because a guy like DeMott probably picks his spots to be an asshole. He's not pushing Kevin Owens around but a young guy who's never locked up before...fresh meat.

92. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:50 AM

I guarantee you he hasn't said SHIT to guys like Owens, Balor, or even Zayn. He only bullies and acts like a prick to the total newbies to the business.

93. Bullies know who will not fight back and target them

94. WWE ought to cut their losses with DeMott before the accusations get worse.

95. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM

How effective is a video when showing injuries that may or may not be visible to even a watchful eye? Especially if a guy is sucking it up because he feels like it would end his chances at fulfilling a dream? Sure, it would show the verbal abuse, but the physical abuse can usually be written off as, "well, it's a tough industry" pretty easily.

Again, not defending it, but playing devil's advocate.

96. Aye, the current archives are 1991- Jan 5th 1998 the latest issue. 1991 is one Dave started typing them up electronically rather than using a type-writer I think, which is the reason for that start date.

It's totally worth it, there's so much audio and the shows are great. I think it's $11 a month and it's definitely worth that

97. MINUS FIVE STARS!

98. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM

If Joe does go down to NXT for a bit, I pray to GOD DeMott says something to him about his look. See what happens Bill...

99. What are the accusations with DeMott and the female wrestlers?

100. Doing so now is an admission of guilt, and opens up the door to a lot of questions about why he was not fired 2 years ago.

101. "I gave the divas a chance........TO BLOW ME!"

102. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:52 AM

The Rollins-Orton build is just ridiculous. Start of the show, they're arguing, they help each other during the show and then fuck with each other at the end and make angry faces at each other. Then, they're right back on the same side.

Just let them have a pull-apart brawl and start doing promos on each other already!

103. The thing about WrestleMania is that tickets go on sale before the Main is set in stone. Many fans will probably go for the whole weekend experience, and the card itself will be the least enjoyable part of the experience.

104. Cool, thanks guys

105. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:53 AM

It's bizarre...it's adding value to the title by completely devaluing the title. Which really, is the only way they know how to book on the main roster anyway. Undergraduate sitcom writers don't really understand the meaning of winning a sports championship...even a fake one.

106. Good point, I didn't think of that.

107. WM can't be a week-long event. The go home Raw and SDs are miles and miles away as is the follow up SD (not to mention the cost of attending all this shit).

I think they assume you will go to WM, maybe the Raw on Monday and maaaaaaaybe the HoF ceremony the night before, plus whatever fan festival stuff they do the weekend of. If you're keeping people busy for one weekend, you can do that anywhere. NYC may be a bigger tourist draw than Phoenix, Arizona, but I think given the cost of WM tickets, the show is the reason people travel, not part of a larger vacation.

108. Chris Jericho is such a douche nowadays. Pretty sure if his son was training and DeMott treated him that way, he would be furious.

109. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Well, that makes it okay then.

110. Hard to argue with that. I don't think finding a venue has ever been that big an issue before.

111. Does it really matter? WWE seems to get this kind of bad press every couple of weeks and then people forget about it.

112. There is a story out there that DeMott took credit for Daniel Bryan. He was bragging to new NXT guys that Bryan wasn't shit before developmental.

113. Buffalo HopscotchMarch 4, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Joey Ryan tweeted about that.

114. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:56 AM

He didn't even know where the hard camera was! WHAT A RUBE!

115. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 7:56 AM

I never said that. It's a shitty thing to do no matter what.

116. Remember last time USA told WWE they wanted to boost RAW ratings, they suggested the 3 hour Raws, more McMahons, and more John Cena.

Considering the latest ratings, get ready for four hour RAWs starring John Cena and Vince, Shane, Linda, Stephanie, Triple H, Marissa Mazzola, Shane's three sons and Stephanie's three daughters. And Hornswoggle McMahon.

117. Dallas actually gets winter weather. If a freak late-season snowstorm drops 1/2 inch of snow on Dallas and the city shuts down on Wrestlemania weekend I'd laugh.

118. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM

But then how would they fill up the remaining 3 weeks until the PPV! I mean, it's not like a series of brawls could build excitement...right? Right?? RIGHT!?!?

119. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 7:58 AM

No, but that's what it sounded like you said.

120. I have the Kevin Matthews shoot, the guy who first brought attention to all of DeMott's antics. I should recap what he said about him. Here is the trailer for that, which makes him seem like an idiot but he was chill for 90% of the shoot. They picked all the parts in which he was basically yelling. Still good though.

121. A lot of young guys mention who has helped them in developmental. Like Punk talks about Heyman or some guys mention Regal or Finlay.

I've never heard anyone speak glowingly of Bill DeMott.

122. Who are those losers crying about Bill Demott being mean to them??? Bill is a legend in professional wrestling and is probably the most well respected guy in wrestling...All these lies being spread by underachieving developmental guys makes me sick... Bill Demott deserves to be in the WWE H.O.F.,hopefully he will headline next year's class...

He was the cornerstone of the Dungeon Of Doom and The Misfits In Action....He was one of the best U.S. Champions WCW ever had and brought credability back to the title...Despite having many great years ahead of him, he decided to train wrestlers because he always felt like he wanted to give something back to pro wrestling and has done so for 10 years with no complaints...Until now, some little emotional queers can't deal with the fact that they just can't hack it, so they bad mouth Demott....pathetic

123. Upvote for Raffi

124. I was just thinking that this could be the last year of the part timers taking over WM but next thing you know, Bryan/Cena/Orton are going to be in those spots.

125. Well said!

USA! USA!

126. I've learned with WWE just to look forward to the good matches and ignore the crappy builds. If we get the once in a blue moon good build it's just a bonus.

127. I read it as Stu Hart Was A Dick Too, which I'll agree with. Seriously weird bloke.

128. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 7:59 AM

We got us some WELL DONE SUBVERSIVE TROLLIN', MAGGLE! I'm havin' fun!

129. No, just the WWE's silly desperation for media talking points about how great the WWE is for hosting more Wrestlemanias in stadiums than Super Bowls or whatever

130. Bayless, please!

131. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Bayless...you're really dropping the ball on bannings.

132. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Well said. All the more reason to stop watching RAW and just watch shows on the Network, which I'm well on the way of doing now.

133. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Why should this guy be banned?

134. "one of the best U.S. Champions WCW ever had"

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

135. Punk podcast, brass ring bullshit, Seth's penis, Darren Youngs Twitter rants, Reigns backlash, #GiveDivasAChance, #CancelWWENetwork, now Bill Demotts bullying.
    Any other negative WWE stuff I'm missing?

136. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 8:02 AM

He was flagrantly wrong anyway...they're clearly waiting to induct the Dungeon of Doom as a whole unit anyway. Just need to figure out which bridge Ed Leslie lives under currently.

137. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Don't do it, Brian!

138. No, not when there are cities actively campaigning to get a WrestleMania. Reportedly WWE is getting the stadium this year for nothing.

139. He has at least four gimmick accounts like a fake dougie, Vince Jordan, and another one. Its tiresome.

140. He's been posting all this Seth Is Gay stuff and softporn gifs etc in all the threads, he also does these long sarcastic troll rants incessantly. He also created the WWE is Bad and Jordan Vince accounts to talk to.

141. Yea, Steamboat seems to be the main guy the current batch of wrestlers mention, but never DeMott.

142. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:02 AM

For calling people "emotional queers".

143. These 94 Raws are so god damn terrible. ECW was blowing them out of the water.

144. Yeah, you can pick whatever you want to read or listen too.

145. Part-timer-Mania is here to stay.

146. Brock fighting with the owner.

147. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM

I didn't bother to read to the end, so I missed that part. OK, I'm on board now.

148. He is the same one who posts the stuff about Scott's daughter. Its pik and he needs to go

149. They could always run the Edward Jones Dome in StL these next few years. I know the Rams want out because it doesn't produce enough revenue over an 8-game NFL season, but capacity-wise, the venue would do just fine as a one-off WM host. Pus, St. Louis has a history of being a great wrestling city.

There's also Lucas Oil Stadiu in Indy, which regularly hosts big events like the Super Bowl and Final Four, etc. I'm knd of surprised WM hasn't been there yet. WM 8 at the Hoosier Dome was over 20 years ago. I knowthe crowd there was disappointing (it didn't sell out and there were visible empty seats) but the WM brand is much stronger these days with people travelling all over the world for the event.

150. Like they'd let Bryan be a part timer.

151. Heel Luger was so dang great. If the Bushwhackers can go into the very prestigious WWE Hall of Fame so can Luger.

152. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 8:04 AM

As I said below, I'm on board now. Ban Hammer Activate!

153. I have never once heard the WWE is pursuing this goal and looking at the SB host city history, it seems to be fairly impossible.

Is this something you heard or something you made up?

154. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Good job, sir.

155. I wasnt even aware of it until this morning. But yeah, ain't it fun!

156. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I want to echo something Ripner Cabbit said down below, about just watching the matches now and completely ignoring the builds. I think that's the age we're coming into now, just watching stuff on the Network, just the PPVs themselves and enjoying the stories told within the matches themselves, and ignoring RAW and TV altogether.

157. Buffalo HopscotchMarch 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM

So you're saying he's.... Humorous?

Eh? Eh?

158. I'd be half-interested in a decent run for Bryan with the belt, so long as he has enough stroke to stay protected with it. But this Hardcore title level shit does not bode well.

159. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Same one with Virgil.

160. They just trusted him to get over their next star. They'd have no problems about taking advantage of his fan base and using him to put over guys.

161. Your name is Hugh Morris.
    What?
    Is that funny? Is it humorous?

162. "We're telling stories!"

163. Theberzerker, #HUSSAPPROVEDMarch 4, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Didn't he set up a permanent table in Grand Central Station or something recently?

164. I was there for that match. People did not boo it out of the building, they just booed the finish. My section didn't even bother. The second the ref's hand came down on the 3 count, we just got up and left. Nobody stuck around to see the respectful handshake and arm raising and all that garbage.

165. Buffalo HopscotchMarch 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM

It's what I do. Don't have 5 hours a week to watch Raw and Smackdown and i'd rather spend what TV watching time I do get on something really good.

166. Spring Training is getting me into baseball again, although I dont like the Red Sox too much this year. Good lineup but their pitching leaves a lot to be desired. Rick Porcello as the ace is not what I had in mind.

167. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Yeah, and even at Grand Central Station, no one stops by and says hi.

168. Thaddeus MountainMarch 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Yeah! Wind, freezing rain, snow! Thanks, Oklahoma!

169. 4.6, 4.6, 4.4. -- hourly Raw viewership on March 3, 2014. I don't say this as indictment of Roman Reigns, but the show as a whole.

170. Yet if you read enough punditry and analysis, you'd think this is a brilliant plan that they've stocked up on mid-rotation starters.

171. Boston is going to be a 81-85 win team.

172. Yep, super sweet deal for them, actually.

173. I think they just want it for legality reasons and like you said, is tough to prove so it actually will help the WWE in court if they had to present evidence.

174. Something I made up that I didn't think was hard to imagine given the last few years of guest hosts, corporate partnerships, and those self-congradulatory "DID YOU KNOW?" intetstitials

175. I was thinking just below .500. Guys like Hanley and Pedroia need to stay healthy though because the lineup as to carry the team.

176. yeah, Owen turning corporate, showing up in a suit, having Vince do a lot of the mic work for him and selling out after the screwjob would have been great.

Of course, it would have required someone to put him over willingly...

177. The reason for the drop in rating is clear: Both Miz and R-Truth were featured on this episode of Raw. I hope that they are rightfully punished for their role in the decreasing ratings, and I look forward to next week's Raw where Roman Reigns can entertain us without fear of viewers changing the channel.

178. but but... but JBL said THEY'RE ALL HAVING FUN MAGGLE!

179. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:10 AM

It's the....uh....episode of Mike and Molly and uh....the NBA game in the middle of the season.....and uh....yeah. PAL!!!"

"Someone told me there was some show called Mike and Molly. I think it was Shelton."

- Vincent K. McMahon

180. To touch up on what Bryan Alvarez said, they make everyone out to look like a loser on the roster so why would anyone care, even adding that Curtis Axel got the loudest chants because he was the biggest loser of them all.

181. John Farrell's line of "We have five aces. The ace is whoever is pitching that night" is hilarious. It's one thing to try to talk up your guys a little bit, it's another thing entirely to sound delusional.

182. Pumped about the Pirates this year. Squad looks tight this year.

183. Boston banking on Hanley is HILARIOUS. I think Sandavol is going to be a disappointment.

184. Hanley will hit .340.............................in the 65 games he plays.

185. Sandoval got fucking FAT.

186. Extant1979 - Extreme SuperstarMarch 4, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Yes, the Axel thing had NOTHING to do with him aping Hulk Hogan.

187. Stephanie doesn't look like a loser. HHH doesn't look like a loser. Heyman doesn't look like a loser. Anyone else?

188. That is what sucks about all of this. Reigns had legit potential and nowhere NEAR as bad as WWE is making him look.

189. And from someone who worked their previously, Vince's attitude is "F them! We'll get new viewers!". Um....so how is that working out?

190. Polanco seems primed for a huge year. And dont they have a lot of young pitching too? Hopefully Harrison plays like he did last year too.

191. Belee_Matt!_INDEED!!!March 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

/Farva

192. New Japan Cup starts tomorrow. Not going to be able to watch live, but there are a few decent matches on paper.

193. They cheered him because he is a goof with a funny gimmick.

194. Yeah, the idea that "WWE hates Bryan" is so overblown. Vince -- foolishly or otherwise -- just doesn't see him as a guy to carry the company long-term like Cena.

195. Reigns got over by not saying much and dominating matches. So the WWE decides to push him by having him cut childish promos and trading wins with Big Show. This all started when they made him go 20 minutes with Bray Wyatt on Raw, killing the crowd and totally exposing him. It's like playing to someone's strengths and masking their weaknesses is a foreign concept to them.

196. Cole is their one young stud. The rest are vets. Kingham and Tailon are two young guys that should help middle of the season if needed.