BoD Thursday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

Smackdown starts at 8pm EST on Syfy tonight, highlighted by Ryback vs. Kane and AJ Lee's in-ring return against Brie Bella

The NBA has two games on the schedule tonight with both of them on TNT. At 8pm EST the Oklahoma City Thunder take on the Chicago Bulls while at 10:30pm EST the Dallas Mavericks take on the Portland Trailblazers.

In the NHL there are eight games on the schedule. At 7pm EST on the NHL Network the St. Louis Blues take on the Philadelphia Flyers.

College Basketball has several Nationally Televised games tonight, highlighted by Memphis vs. UConn on ESPN 2 at 9pm EST and VCU vs. Davidson on ESPN U also at 9pm EST.

No shoot interview poll for next week as I will be recapping the Curt Hawkins shoot interview, which was fantastic.

And as usual, talk about anything else going on tonight here.

Make sure to head over to Place to be Nation and read the "Great WrestleMania Re-Book Series" as they cover WrestleMania X. You can check that out by clicking on the link below.

Comments

1. Hey I have a question for anyone who might while I also try to google it. Is there a way to restore or get back tabs you had open on google chrome in one device on another one?

2. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM

That David Zayas is smooth, very smooth.

3. A true action hero.

4. Knuckleberry PinnMarch 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM

It happens if I cloud is turned on with my Apple devices

5. You'll never see another actor have the same run of classic movies and iconic roles like Ford had.

6. Harrison Ford was my childhood hero growing up, so this plane crash has me worried.

7. Harrison Ford fan? I never would have imagined that Mar Solo.

8. Hope Solo is my crazy ass sister.

9. So is there any more info on Ford? first I heard walked away. Then I heard cuts on face, then I've heard fractures and pretty bad condition

10. Jack Ryan, Indiana Jones, Han Solo, plays the grumpy old man in real life.

11. New update just went out. He has moderate injuries and was alert after the crash.

12. Better Harrison Ford role:

Martin Riggs or William Wallace?

13. It doesn't feel like Thursday. Is Ryback and Kane the main event? It can't be

14. Roger Murtaugh.

15. Craig Sager's back!

16. That's Danny Glover, DUH.

17. Thaddeus MountainMarch 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Ah, had a short drive today at only 7.5 hours to Ohio. Gonna hang out with some friends and family for a couple days and relax before making the final trek to Albany. Can't wait to watch some Network later.

18. With the Palin talk earlier, the best thing about Sarah Palin's run was the revelation she hooked up with Glen Rice in college

19. It's crazy we went the whole year without him. Good to see him suit up again

20. 1977-1993 was some kind of amazing run.

21. You totally can access tabs you had open on google chrome in different devices. That is awesome. I just had never signed into the google thing on my laptop. Just saved myself a trip back to the office and I am one fucking happy camper.

22. Seriously, she was the final straw in me voting for Obama over McCain. I was totally in on McCain thinking we'd get strict negotiations like a scene out of Deer Hunter.

Instead, I was half expecting Palin to switch his pills with rat poison.

23. The story about fans attacking Usos/Reigns rental car with a chair after the Rumble is pretty crazy.

24. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 5, 2015 at 5:33 PM

You seem to be confusing Harrison Ford for Mel Gibson.

25. Had a great cameo in Bruno.

26. Philly fans are nuts. Especially when they're drunk.

27. Yeah, the Philly area is pretty much the most classless part of America.

28. Is it me or does she keep getting hotter? Not hot hot but cougar hot

29. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Can I just say take some stuff out of my chest?

30. What match will be the best at WM? I predict the IC ladder match at ****1/4, then the show will be all downhill from there.

31. Thaddeus MountainMarch 5, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Downhill ice skating races. Holy fucking awesome!

32. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Good evening everyone.

33. Thaddeus MountainMarch 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Howdy kid.

34. My vote is Orton/Rollins if that's where they are going. Matter of fact, my money is on Rollins period.

35. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Agreed.

36. Yeah that can be a good match as well. I chose the IC title match, because I have a feeling several of them will be pissed off at being so low on the card, and feel the need to upstage the show, similiar to CM punk when he was against Taker.

37. Close enough to know what it's like, far enough to escape the mentality.

38. Just read a transcript of Nikki Bella's interview with Madden. Jesus fucking Christ she is clueless.

39. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM

I think Orton and Rollins could be crazy good.

40. If they ever did a movie on McMahon, Harrison Ford would be a shoe in for the part. Just don't ask him to try and replicate McMahon's physique.

Imagine him yelling "YOU'RE FIRED!"

41. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I see Michael Shannon in thar role.

42. Oh, so you're Delco trash?

Make sense!

43. Which isn't always a good thing when ladders are involved. Here's hoping they keep the craziness to a minimum, but I'm rooting for them.

44. Nikki Bella is trying to claim the 30 second match that led to the #GiveDivasAChance deal was intentional and she is taking credit for it. All the lolz. She also says everyone has the same cut of merch.

45. cabspaintedyellowMarch 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM

I don't know Nikki Bella personally, but she needs to shut the fuck up.

46. Wrong again battery chucker.

47. My favorite part is that she says she is trying to change the culture of how divas are perceived. Never mind that she is one of the divas that set it back 20 years after Trish and Lita.

48. It doesn't matter where you're from, you're still trash.

49. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 5:47 PM

John.

50. cabspaintedyellowMarch 5, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Meltzer proclaimed today that Roman Reigns is officially the least over guy to ever main event Wrestlemania. He also added that it "was never previously possible for a guy who's as not-over as Reigns to main event WM, because the 'old Vince' would have changed the card and removed them."

But how true is this statement? I feel like there had to have been guys less over than Reigns who main evented Mania.

51. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Bad shit today.

52. Hey she's earned that push. Fucking Cena has NOTHING to do with it.

53. Mitch, The GodfatherMarch 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Going to give American Crime a shot tonight.

54. Meltzer is right. Even LT and Bam Bam were more over. Like I said when he won, this is truly unprecedented in wrestling.

55. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Like what?

56. As the face? Maybe Nash?

57. Lawrence Taylor maybe? That's about all I got.

58. Nash never main evented.

59. Good point.

60. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:49 PM

It sucks.

61. Why so mad bro?

62. also, to me it seems that in spring of 1995 Nash was a lot more over than Reigns is now.

63. I was thinking the same.

64. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Me and my mom got to a argument, alright I'm a hot head guy but I was trying to calm her down, I put my hand on her shoulder and she just grabs it and says "I'm break your fingers".

65. That's not fair. It was like that before she arrived. It's Kelly, Torrie and Stacy's fault.

66. Mitch, The GodfatherMarch 5, 2015 at 5:51 PM

I really don't blame Reigns for much of it though. I can't blame it much on the breakup of the Shield because I don't know how farther they could have went as faces after their feud with Evolution. His injury came at a bad time.

After Orton, they could have Reigns do what Ambrose couldn't and defeat Rollins. That could have gave him more momentum heading into this year.

67. Christopher McDonald (Shooter from Happy Gilmore)

68. Ted Turner was the best thing to ever happen to WWF. We need another crazy billionaire to give Vince competition again. That could only improve things.

69. This show ell be Wrestlemania 27 level bad

70. I'd Hulk Smash as long as she kept her views to herself

71. You saw the pilot?

72. She certainly picked the right boyfriend though, so she's not too clueless.

73. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I can see where you get being a hot head from.

74. I always wondered why FOX never got into the wrestling business.

75. Bold prediction:

One of Brock/Reigns, Taker/Wyatt or Sting/HHH will be unexpectedly great.

76. Torrie and Stacy were managers. Kelly actually turned into a decent worker.

77. The most classless part of America is wherever you're from.

78. Real quick: Why does EA suck many, many donkey dicks?

79. Only problem with Orton/Rollins is that it will be heatless depending on how far WWE wants to drag out this overwraught fake friends nonsense.

80. Are any news outlets covering the Aaron Hernandez trial? This is one of the craziest stories ever and it just keeps getting crazier. Instead of it being all over the tv, it's nowhere. Can the NFL really be powerful enough to make a murder trial disappear?

81. Zeb Coulter would become the #1 face in a fox run wrestling show.

82. cabspaintedyellowMarch 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM

If we lose Spock and Han Solo in the same week, I'm going to lose my fucking mind.

83. They were the beginning and apex of the "only hot matters/modelization" era.

Torrie wrestled a lot.

Nikki has gotten way better this year so I'll cut her some slack

84. seems taylor made for Rupert Murdoch.

85. That sucks. Most of those games on that list were really fun.

86. Brazilian, please NO New Japan Cup spoilers!

87. Robert Kraft demands an apology for you bringing this up.

88. Crikey Mate Down Under AussieMarch 5, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Good morning! Was wondering, have any of you been to Australia before? And if so, please tell me something about your experience.

89. I don't blame him either. If you got a job offer you really wanted would you tell them "No thank you person X is more qualified." Of course you take the job, and that's what Reigns did.

90. Kangaroo rapes. Everywhere.

91. I can imagine the last being much better than expected. I too believe that they are doing Sting vs. HHH instead of Sting vs. Taker because both of the former are too broken down at this point. and I also believe Trips will at least TRY everything possible to make this watchable.

92. actually, when Hernandez pleads this out he'll be apologizing to the Patriot Nation instead of the family of the victim.

93. I liked Wrestlemania 27

94. Sounds like he's killed many times before.

95. You know its bad when WWE can't even do a ready made Orton face turn.

96. Crikey Mate Down Under AussieMarch 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

That'll happen if you don't maintain eye contact :/

97. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

No matter what happens with this trial he's got another one for double murder coming up next.

98. doesn't that mean the news should be all over this? I don't even think Nancy Grace's senile self is covering it and it's right up her alley

99. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Isn't this a movie with Ellen Page.

100. certainly not Brock/ Reigns though, because the audience will boo the entire match. I cant think of a single good match in history the audience completely pissed over. Its suck the wind out of the wrestler's sails.

101. Here's a not so bold prediction : Cena will start banging Lana. Rusev and the Bellas will then leave WWE. Cena will then dump Lana, and she'll be doing infomercials or D-List shit like that. Over/under for all this is 3 years

102. Seriously, guy gets fucked up, is out for 4 months, and comes back on a rampage? How much more do you need to build that shit up?

103. Something tells me they'd do it right, like they way they made the NFL better when they got it back in the 90s

104. We're talking about the TV show debuting tonight.

105. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I'm sorry man, it's all my fault.

106. it's amazing how they managed to "cool off" something that was so obvious.

107. I guess not enough "story" for their tastes nowadays.

108. There were more stories to be told I guess.

109. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I really have enjoyed Better Call Saul but I can't get gung-ho about watching it and usually don't watch it live but wait til in the week.

110. Yeah, it's a crazy case that media outlets should be jumping all over if they want ratings.

111. Yeah, I dont remember Nash ever getting boo'd out of building as a face.

112. Benoit/Malenko got pissed on at Hog Wild.

I honestly think Reigns/Brock could go between ** and ***3/4 stealthily.

113. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Closest I can think of is Styels/Daniles from Destination X 2012, though the crowd didn't boo, they were just dead silent because that match had already been done a hundred titles in that building.

114. Vince was probably worried about feeding Big Show & Kane to Randy Orton for a few weeks.

Gotta keep those Hoss's strong for Roman in the spring.

115. How many reality based shows FOX has had over the years? Wrestling is TV's first reality show. Why wouldn't any network take a shot?

116. Jeez Andre was HUGE...think I might live blog TNT

117. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Didn't say it was.

118. Gotta take a piss.
    But the wife's using the john.
    So outside I go.

119. Alfred sucks as a side kick, Vince is an asshole

120. I never saw that match. Did the audience piss over it or were just being silent? Its possible to have a good match with an uninterested crowd. I dont think its possible with 20 minutes of boring, Daniel Bryan, refund, this match sucks, chants and constant boos though.

121. Could totally see Vince freaking out and botching a Cena heel turn to feed to Reigns to try to get him over.

122. Big difference between silence and the audience aggressively assualting the match. Look at how Lesnar reacted at WM XX for example.

123. But you really can't appreciate his size yadda yadda.

124. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Oh, I thought it was the movie, sorry.

125. Booing. Because no one was nWo. Loudly.

126. Yeah, say what you will about Miz now, but at the time, he was molten hot. Lawrence Taylor had celebrity appeal, people liked Nash and hated Shawn at the time.

127. Ok, well maybe Im wrong, but Lesnar and Reigns aren't Malenko and Benoit.

128. Watching Andre v Patera now. They should go back to the camera angles they used back then. Makes it seem more real

129. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Fucking idiot bikers.

130. He'll give Cena the cool persona he should've always had and get him unanimously cheered while Reigns becomes the maligned Cena character.

131. Rusev hits Cena in the head so much that he causes brain damage, leading to the turn.

132. I love how wrestlers stealing the real champions title belts is now something babyfaces do.

133. They don't want real. The want seizure-inducing Larger Than Life.

134. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:07 PM

I'm looking forward to Kanye Cena.

135. Adam "Colorado" CurryMarch 5, 2015 at 6:08 PM

"You sold out! You sold out!"

One guy was retiring, the other was attempting to get a job that would have paid 1/20 of what WWE was paying.

136. Listening to Bryan and Vinny eviscerate RAW and the current booking last hiliarious and valid

137. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I just can take anymore any of her bullshit.

138. ..Which makes it look completely fake. NXT does it right, imo. They don't force it, and it still looks great

139. You can thank TNT Asst Director Dunn for fixing that camera angle problem.

140. Or worse, try to fully turn Bryan.

141. Never let reason get in the way of a good crowd grandstanding.

142. Somebody got lariato'ed.

143. Nash had momentum. They fucked up Reigns badly since his return from injury and they more they force him to the fans the more they are revolting.

144. What year? 1980 or 1985?

145. Bryan as a heel, clean cut and pulling out his American Dragon persona would be a nice, refreshing change.

146. People always compare a potential Cena heel turn to Hogan's. What is the modern equivalent to that? I'd say it would be Balor and Owens coming and running roughshod over everyone and Cena joins up with them.

Cena would look just as out of place with them as Hogan did with Hall and Nash.

147. The Cartoon Storyline. I like it actually. The IC title hasn't been in this much demend in decades.

148. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Alright.

149. There is no modern equivalent. Nothing comes even close.

150. Its one of the dumbest angles of all time. And it will get no one over because in the match, the only one who will benefit is whoever takes the craziest bump that night. Winning the title has nothing to do with it.

151. Its amazing how much better (and better booked) WM XXXI would be if Bryan and Reigns merely traded their spots on the card. Infact, Reigns would be the perfect guy to bring prestige back to the IC title while he prepares himself for a Heavyweight run next year.

152. ...And coming to the ring to the Final Countdown? Yeah. I can get on board with that.

153. Shelton BenjaminMarch 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM

With the Palin talk earlier, the best thing about Sarah Palin's run was Who's Nailin' Palin

You betcha

154. There is no storyline equivalent, but you could definitely echo that angle in the booking.

155. They'll have a good match and the crowd will be into it, but it'll mean nothing a week later.

I mean we just saw Ziggler & Harper killing it at TLC and what did that mean?

156. I think it will be Sting vs HHH. The expecations are crazy low but it's not impossible that if Sting tries really hard it could be a three star type match. I don't think Wyatt can work and Taker is not the guy to get a match out of him and Brock vs Reigns is going to be shit.

157. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Lisa Ann retired, Officer Farva is crying in Heaven.

158. People would just see it as Cena trying to hog in on another latest hot trend to steal some of the heat away.

159. Too bad Lisa Ann didn't do anal in that one though.

160. Calling it a storyline is generous. An 11 year old could come with it.

161. With Punk gone there's a definitely need for a smug, dick heel that could outwrestle guys.

He and Brie would probably make a great, obnoxious heel tandem.

162. All her great work is saved for ever for us all to enjoy.

163. NXT Invasion, i mean it'll happen eventually i'm sure. Same goes for a John Cena heel turn.

164. That's kinda the point.

165. Mitch, The GodfatherMarch 5, 2015 at 6:16 PM

That title hasn't had prestige in over 15 years. I don't think Reigns would have been the guy to do that.

166. I...would actually be okay with this. Have him get rid of the beard and cut his hair like Foley did to "clean his image up."

And really, crowd reactions have cooled to him. Why not pulled the trigger on a heel turn now?

167. I think that's the intent.

168. ThebrazilianpsychoMarch 5, 2015 at 6:17 PM