Wednesday, March 25, 2015

BoD Wednesday Night Thread

Talk about everything going on tonight here

1. Napoleon Boner Parts

2. About time, Bayless! lol

3. Honestly the super over-the-top Hunter entrance at 30 really worked, it just made it feel even more assured that Bryan was jobbing lol

4. On the WrestleMania bingo card, Ric Flair crying is the center spot...

5. Anal Bum Cover

6. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Time to address the elephant in the room: will they work Perro's death into AAA's storylines? There's certainly a precedent...

7. They don't use lasers in wrestling entrances anywhere near enough.

8. Thinking of a random PPV to any suggestions? Can't be mania because I can't be up for four hours lol

9. The Penis Mightier

10. NXT starts in 9 minutes I think

11. Good point I'll watch that

12. Oh shit early 90s rap culture adopted by white folk.

13. Hey, I remember Snow too.

14. Meltzer & Alvarez mentioned something about one of the storylines he was tied to already being wrapped up on stuff they taped a few nights ago. Somebody reuniting with someone else. I can't imagine the chaos that's throwing their TV into.

15. This 30 for 30 is too sweet

16. This piano version of the Undertaker theme is awesome.

17. Was just going to type that, this song is fucking GREAT

18. Ahhhh yeah the Fab Five

19. bah I'm going to have to wait to watch Neville Owens until after tonights show.

20. Balor/Owens is going to be fucking super duper I bet

21. Still have chills from that moment. And I think I've watched the ending to the match 50 times

22. Random footage: Kurt Angle wrestling in the number one promotion (I assume) in South Korea.

23. How does this company do this, and a year later say "no, Bryan isn't the guy"...? Still baffles me.

24. I remember in this moment thinking, my god, they are on their way to a fucking great year of shows.

And then.

25. What is this in reference too

26. aa keri gal aa.

27. End of Mania 30

28. A dosagrement with my wife delayed things

29. That footage with Bryan and Connor is tough.

30. I don't believe you. Whore.

31. It will be interesting..I would think this would be more of tease and they would save the big blow off for the next takeover

32. How dumb we were....or they were, rather.

33. ^ This is probably what Caliber's articles looked like before Ferrari got a hold of them.

34. Is it too simple the blame the general shitiness of the WWE on Daniel Bryan's injury?

35. yeah and having two in memory ofs at the end does not help

36. Yes. No reason they could've done just fine without him considering the talent on hand

37. No because this was the plan anyway, except Brock would've wet noodled a guy we actually like at Summerslam instead.

38. Things that always bother me:

When movies play on television, and they have random scenes added in that weren't shown in theaters or even the DVDs, and not even the deleted scenes. I just saw a random scene in Iron Man on FX that I've never seen before.

39. Oh weird. when I wrote this the spammers post was just "ka la ga ga la" not all that shit haha

40. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:03 PM

More importantly, how do you pass up David vs. Goliath for...whatever the hell Roman Reigns is supposed to be? Even if you absolutely don't see Bryan as the long term guy (and who knows, maybe they're right), how do you not do that match? It was literally handed to them on a silver platter, and they turned their noses up at it! Unbelievable.

41. Sasha right off the bat ...good start

42. Lol I forgot Ferrari was his editor for a bit! When I first found that out I thought they were buddies beforehand or something.

43. Alexa's been hitting the squat rack

44. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:05 PM

A dosagrement with my wife delayed things

Bill Cosby also had those problems, I hear.

...

I'll show myself out.

45. Alexa Bliss kind of looks like a portmanteau of all of TNA's knockouts from the last 10 years.

46. This Alexis girl is hot. Like Kelly Kelly but way better.

47. The best one sided feud on here is wynxmcneal and TPrincess. That guy absolutely hates her for some reason.

48. Did she get Angelina Loves stds?

49. He's an asshole. He stalks JoeDust too and that guy seems like a really nice dude.

50. I remember seeing Superman II on TV in the early 80's and there's the scene where Zod, Non & Ursa are being arrested by Canadian police and I was like "what the fudge?!"

51. Blazing Saddles and The Naked Gun are two movies that come to mind that have extra scenes on broadcast TV.

52. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Flash/Arrow Question: So the Rogues are getting a spin-off?

53. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Also, Mark Hamill had to be Trickster. There was no other choice, really.

54. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM

She's just the hottest.

55. Sloppy, ladies.

56. I wonder if Sasha is sick or something, she seems a step off from normal here

57. hahaha https://twitter.com/Mugsysam/status/580855921527681025

58. Might be that this was her 2nd or 3rd match of the taping.

59. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I just want a version of Blazing Saddles with all the scenes integrated into one film. Is that too much to ask?

60. Bliss is very green.

61. Alexa's developing the 2000 Trish Stratus body. Just get some fake cans and we're set.

62. Is he the same one that harasses chris F brown ?

63. Alexa getting over, hitting some cool moves, and GODDAMN them thighs. I like her future.

64. Why are we all not doing this and getting rich?

65. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Fantastic.

66. Shut the fuck up you sociopath

67. "To each his own, whatever works."

hahahah, what a fucking DICK

68. Alright match. And that's what it was--a match. Even when they do a longer Divas match on RAW like this week, it just feels like stuff happening til the finish. There's no real match laid out. Moves and screaming. Amirite?

69. Come on Finn...we need you to win tonight...After One Direction...we need to know there is still hope out there!

70. I like these Emma/Bailey Palpatine segments

71. I mark for anything Bailey, ANYTHING, she could fold laundry back stage and I'd be into it

72. Breeze is great...though I was hoping Kenta was going to come back a third time for ....US

73. Ha, right when Itami said, "I've beaten you too" I was like "2/3 FALLS MATCH PLEASE" and then BAM

74. I think for me it's Shawn v Taker night.

75. The interview girl is a squat lil cutie.

76. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:20 PM

It's the side ponytail and DAT ASS. Gets me every time.

77. Who was the bimbo interviewing Breeze?

78. I love how they're trying to get the most Mexican girl ever over as "Devin Taylor"

79. Dana Brooke AKA the future Mrs. Levesque.

80. Damn. Hopefully she's just not a female Chris Masters tho.

81. I especially enjoy the mysterious origin look, sort of asian, sort of latin, who the fuck knows but she's cute as hell

82. Dana Brooke, also FOINE. This is a good time for fans of the athletic ladies.

83. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Bulls game on mute, jamming Tool with the brother and roommate.

84. Wait. Roman Reigns is the first NXT alum to get the title if he wins?

Wasn't Bryan in NXT?

85. What would your thoughts be if Taker just doesn't show Sunday?

86. The show not the promotion

87. If he pulls a swerve and shows up American Badass/Booger Red to keep the mind games going I'll fucking mark.

88. Roman Reigns "first NXT alum..."

Cue Daniel Bryan picture & Botchamania "huh?"

89. The match would be better.

90. Man..this music..gets me soooo pumped for mania

91. Roman's gotta be extra special-wecial.

92. I can't watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall on FX. There are multiple extra scenes that aren't even on the DVD I bought. The flow is all fucked up from the version I know.

93. Nothing says WRESTLING like pop rap amirite. I mean FFS if you're not gonna use doucherock you can at least get some gangsta rap instead. Even Kid Ink's song fit better.

94. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8vnXFeT3os

Man, when he was yelling down the ramp i was worried about the promo quality but naw, this could totally get over.

95. Forget that. He should walk into the ring as Mean Mark Callous.

96. Maybe that'll set up HHH's Terminator entrance where he steals his clothes, his boots, and his motorcycle.

97. It actually makes me a little nostalgic for the rap metal.. complete garbage but there was atleast some intensity to the Limp songs they used to use.

98. How the hell is a double stomp to the gut a move you do in a worked match? You just gotta lay there and take it--hope nothing in your gut bursts.

99. He needs to be the guy to finally beat Owens.

100. So who's getting their debuts on the post Mania Raw? Charlotte & Neville presumably, but anyone else? Maybe the Lucha Dragons.

101. I'm telling you man, I'll flip shit if we get the slightly lower-pitched gong, footsteps, and DEAD MAN WALKIN'

102. Holy shit they're giving a half hour to this?

Boners.

103. NXT is grabbing all the ROH goes so..eventually

104. put your hands over your gut, guy slips down and just glances your side, at least that's what it looks like when guys are trying to avoid stiffing each other to me.

105. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Complete with the a Kid Rock song, Rollin, or both.

106. Blake and Murphy = classy gentlemen.

107. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:29 PM

And even then Reigns was on the show for 3 weeks.

108. Carmella's like the trashy New York City version of Stacy Keibler

109. Yeah but that's a hell of a jump.

Owens should be NXT champ until this guy gets signed, is raised up the card, and beats him?

110. wait.....where is the paint? he talked about the paint in the video package.

111. If they're going to steal the guys they should just buy the whole promotion and change the NXT name. There has never been a cooler name for a promotion than Ring Of Honor.

112. But hotter. A tan and no bird legs. Good, good times. Like every Irishman I can't resist a trashy Italian girl.

113. He said just before he "didn't need the demon to beat Owens" so I'd assume yeah...some kind of schmoz here and they redo the match at a Special

114. ah.. I got distracted by blinky things

115. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:30 PM

=annoying dubstep.
    FTFY.

116. Slightly disappointed that Owens didn't attack him on the ramp.

117. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:31 PM

PUNISHER DICE MORGAN.

118. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:31 PM

I'd be ok with that.

119. Kevin Owens' theme is probably my favorite in wrestling today.

120. Ah. I figured you were thinking "Lethal" and typed "Owens" or something

Never mind me

121. Has anyone posted this Rusev video yet? Makes him a real person as opposed to.a cartoon villian. Good thing it wasn't on raw, ugh. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJ19tkCwc8

122. First chords are ok but it gets redundant quick

123. I can't call it my favorite when All I'm thinking about is how much better his ROH theme was...

124. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Sounds like the perfect theme to listen to while walking on a treadmill.

125. Oh shit, Dalton Castle used to live across the street from me. He was a DJ in Rochester.

126. Burt Macklin, FBIMarch 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Agree. That song is badass.

127. I've never marked out for music like I do for Zayn's

128. Funny how there's good shit online where VInce doesn't care what goes out

129. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Sami Zayn has my top spot.

130. It is good. Mine would be Nakamura's though still.

131. So I decided to catch up on WWE Countdown. Sue me, I enjoy the show; they have some misses, but the Strange Bedfellows episode they just did is pretty good.

132. Well now he's my youngster to watch in ROH.

He'd be the perfect foil for SIlas Young.

133. Not sure Owens should have tights on under his shorts. He'd look more like an alley fighter if you could see his knees.

134. cabspaintedyellowMarch 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM

No time for it on Raw. We had to see Rusev/Swagger Part 71.

135. Oh, its just huge kneepads.

136. Owen has to stay in NXT till Vince is gone right?

137. cabspaintedyellowMarch 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Essentially proving that Vince (and, to a lesser extent, Stephanie) is the problem more than Creative.

138. cabspaintedyellowMarch 25, 2015 at 6:36 PM

IWC
    Planning Vince's Assassination As We Speak

139. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I think we all should...

140. He was Giehl on the radio. He never talked about him being a wrestler on the air, but he would talk wrestling a lot, plus he was at all the indy shows on the card. I called him Dalton once and gave him a knowing nod... he seemed to appreciate that.

141. I just can't see.. Vince ever going for him. just try and imagine HHH explaining him to Vince..even while Vince is watching footage.

142. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Because Bounching Souls are the tits, that's why.

143. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM

I mean, if he doesn "get" Cesaro, then I'm guessing he's not going to get Owens. And he'll probably get pissed at HHH for bothering him.

144. Only way I accept Cena winning Sunday is if it is due to Swagger run in.

145. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Makes me want to see him win.

146. I mean he's fat Hunter..but he's not FAAAT...I only accept stretch marks on a guy if he is "the worlds strongest man" or has hands the size of frying pans.

147. "Yep Mode" Abeyance Brown ©March 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I'll accept Cena winning if they allow Rusev to kickout of 3 AAs plus break out of 2 STFs.

148. I don't know that I'd say Steph is a lesser problem.

Currently yes but she might be WORSE than her father idea wise so when he croaks...

149. Stranger in the AlpsMarch 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I'm uploading the 1/3/87 episode of NWA Pro to the Dailymotion channel, but there appear to be audio difficulties with this file. As in, there is none. So forgive me as I am unable to figure it out.

Robert Gibson vs. Rick Rude is the feature match.

150. Can you do this to the PPV sunday?

151. Ah, my first glimpse of Rude was JCP in that era. Who else could use Smooth Operator as a theme?

152. Are we not getting Albert on commentary as long as he's covering as head trainer? I thought he was doing a good job.

153. There really is something about Owens. He's no-frills, looks gassed about 5 minutes into a match, and yet he's constantly working holds, grinding, pounding. He feels... real. I'm really getting to like him.

154. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Yeah, it's just a normal-sized fat guy. I mean, there's Bray but I don't think he makes the main roster without the family connection PLUS he absolutely threw himself into the gimmick. Owens could luck out that way...but the odds are against it.

155. Stranger in the AlpsMarch 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I wasn't planning on it. I'm only filling in the gaps of WWF/WCW that the Network is lacking.

156. Reminds me a lot of Stan Hansen.

157. Looks gassed? I've seen him competently wrestle a match at decent pace for over a half hour.

And he was a lot fatter then

158. Corey Graves is really improving as an announcer.

159. Not sure. They have regularly shuffled different people into the team there.

160. really the word competently undersells how great said matches were

161. Stranger in the AlpsMarch 25, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Oh. OH HAHAHA LOL

Now I get it. Ask Cult how I take things out of context thereby misunderstanding the meaning of things.

162. The fucking crowd just popped for a chin lock lol

163. The Love-Matic Grampa!March 25, 2015 at 6:45 PM

All of which probably dooms him with Vince.

164. Mmm... Streetlight > Souls. But did they do Sami's theme? Sounded like mustard plug to me.

165. "Tyler Breeze has entered the building" is probably the most explicitly Shawn Michaels thing they've done with him

166. Oh no I don't mean he is actually gassed, I just meant you see him gasping for air, and if you hadn't seen him before you'd think he was gassed. Wasn't meant as a knock on him.

167. Theberzerker, #1 HUSS CHOMPIONMarch 25, 2015 at 6:47 PM

FUCK, forgot tonight was the match. Alright, have to remember to watch after Supernatural later.

168. Somebody's eventually going to blow out a knee or an ankle or something hitting moves onto that metal ramp.

169. Id love to have Jim Ross call a Kevin Steen match. Over under on combined references of Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, and Dr. Death?

170. He'd make Don Leo Jonathan references because of Steen being Canadian.

171. Owens is the evolutionary Anderson.

172. can you imagine Ross calling Zayne winning the belt?

173. He should have painted his leg at least it seems

174. Thaddeus MountainMarch 25, 2015 at 6:50 PM

"Olé" is off of the Souls 'Hopeless Romantic' album.

175. Ken you mean right?

176. This'd be a great time to bring back Mr Perfect's kneecrusher.

177. He's fucking relentless. Grind & pound.