BoD Wednesday Night Thread

On tap for tonight:

NXT Takeover: Unstoppable begins tonight at 8pm EST on the WWE Network, with the Kickoff show at 7:30pm EST. Matches include:

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn for the NXT Championship
Tyler Breeze vs. Finn Balor  in a #1 Contender's Match
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Becky Lynch for the NXT Women's Championship
Charlotte & Bayley vs. Emma & Dana Brooke
Blake & Murphy (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady for the NXT Tag Team Championships
Rhyno vs. Baron Corbin

Game 1 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals begins tonight as the Cleveland Cavaliers take on the Atlanta Hawks at 8:30pm EST on TNT

Game 3 of the NHL Eastern Conference Finals starts at 8pm EST over on NBC Sports as the New York Rangers face off against the Tampa Bay Lightning with the series tied 1-1

MLB has a full slate of games tonight with the Texas Rangers vs. Boston Red Sox at 7pm EST over on ESPN

And as usual, talk about anything else going on tonight here

Comments

1. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:22 PM

First....reply.

2. A repost of some great, old school Dave:

3. Words of inspiration to get you through life:

4. Thaddeus MountainMay 20, 2015 at 5:25 PM

I'm super pumped for NXT tonight. And I REALLY hope it ends well.

5. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:26 PM

What the fuck?

6. Thaddeus MountainMay 20, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Genius.

7. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM

So Meltzer is teasing something HUGE for tonight.

I wonder if it's even NXT related, or if it's some random MMA nonsense.

8. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Love me some Dogbert.

9. Wow, apparently Finn Balor didn't meet Vince McMahon until that San Jose show they did WM weekend. That is crazy.

10. Greatest Book of The Old Testament?

After Ecclesiastes, nothing even deserves second place.

11. It's a video game based on a tv show based on a book.

12. You can't really call anything nonsense in comparison to Sportz Entertainment.

13. I still feel we missed out by not casting Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor.

14. Wonder if he was in full makeup at the time.

15. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM

So, um... bein' inconvenienced, amirite?

16. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM

I can't remember many times where casting directors ever go with the most obvious choice.

17. Music for jah people.

18. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Particularly for comic book movies.

19. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM

OH SHIT, IT'S THE GOLD STANDARD!

20. Left me with an empty feeling.

21. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM

WHERE?!

22. Haha, Ryan Murphy killed his account

23. How about casting him as Lex Luger?

24. So I've decided that if I'm still around to get that $2000 bonus, I'm going to buy a new laptop, and if not, then I'm moving to Plano, TX.

25. How long until Vince makes Renee Young upgrade to Double Ds

26. Itami injury angle! Who'd a thunk it?

27. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Cranston going on a I DONT KNOW rant would be sweet.

28. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Great, we're gonna be inconvenienced b/c some hormonal dipshit killed his account

29. Yes. And a suit, because those are the rules.

30. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Was he the one who did the "drunk texting" gimmick?

31. Whoa, that was super cheesy.

32. Um... that shit just writes itself. Would have been incredible.

33. Owens should beat Byron's ass for that remark.

34. Ugh, shut up Byron.

35. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Corey Graves' jacket is pissing me off.

36. Yes. It was horrible

37. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM

What do you mean, "People like Byron"?!

38. Wait, has the NXT show started already? I thought it wasn't till the top of the hour.

39. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Hi Becky Lynch

40. Shelton BenjaminMay 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Pre show

41. Se when the BoD works together we can accomplish anything.

42. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Good news there. That was dreadful. Won't miss that noise.

43. Just the preshow.

44. He went "No Real Scotsman" on me before he jumped, too.

45. I like the texture. Not a fan of the color. It's look good in gray.

46. Was the implication there that Kevin Owens beat up Itami?

47. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Just the pre-cum.

48. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM

*slow clap*

49. Is she related to Claire?

50. More free time for horrifying in depth conversations with Caliber comparing their respective masturbation techniques.

51. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Ice cold CJ. Ice cold.

52. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:35 PM

The peach color with the black pocket square is what's gathering my ire.

53. The tip-off show.

54. I once saw them converse about if safe sex was "really" necessary or if you were fine to go "raw dog".

55. The only guy that could make that work is Mark Henry.

56. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM

The hard sell.

57. It has begun https://twitter.com/TheReal_Virgil

58. Vince is scared of finger guns. Fact.

59. He was because he met him right before he went out for his match.

60. So, HHH said Itami would be 'represented' in the 3 way. And the very first thing on the show is announcing it is a singles match now.

61. Or old school heel Vince. He loved a nice salmon sport coat.

62. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Really, would any of us tell Marl otherwise. Wigs would be split.

63. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I enjoy that the's not following anybody.

64. I'll leave it to your imagination what they decided was the answer.

65. Wait, he's not homeless?

66. NXT warrants a pre show?

67. Leviticus.

Only because if I see people quoting Leviticus as a primer on morality, it helps me determine that they are a total fucking nut job,

68. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I am better than you. I have been part of it all and you aint shit. business inquiries therealvirgil1@gmail.com pay me and I will follow your sorry ass

Tremendous.

69. The dude who said Joe is going to be there tonight hasn't been wrong yet so I'm still holding out hope.

70. Would have been sweet as hell if it were Joe.

71. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Six people apparently paid him.

72. Was it the Reddit guy?

73. It wouldn't be hard to hide Joe before the event if they didn't want to tip their hand, so I'd buy it.

74. http://deadspin.com/jamie-foxxs-doc-rivers-impression-is-perfect-1705879008

His national anthem at Mayweather/Pacquiao was horrible, but Jamie Foxx's John Legend and Doc Rivers impressions are SPOT on.

75. Nice video package for the women's match. I approve.

76. Mets was thrown out, but where one falls...another will rise

I eagerly await this new guys eventual meltdown

77. There appears to be a ghost behind Saxton.

78. ....is it safe?

79. This video package is better than most on the main show for the men.

80. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Minor point and likely means nothing, but I'm curious what Joe's music would be.

81. I like how we've woven the dancing jigging crap into Becky's story. Plus she is ridiculously hot.

82. It's Tazz. The mood is about to change for old Byron.

83. When we say Us, you say O

US

O

US

O

84. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Why are we getting a stat box on a pre-show announcer?

85. If it's Taz he's standing on about 3 apple boxes.

86. Damn did Dusty decide to lose a lot of weight or is he really sick... https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/601170566029123585

87. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:43 PM

I love Maffew's Oompa Loompa intro for Taz on Botchamania.

88. We are only a couple shows away from Renee Young just being topless.

89. It's like Corey Graves sees all the Suicide Squad Joker pics and then acts accordingly.

90. Didn't he get a gastric band recently?

91. I approve of Renee's attire.

92. And Twitter deletes his account after 2 hours. LOL

93. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:44 PM

They probably hid him under that ghost behind Byron.

94. I just got an email with the subject line "Legit free money 4 u"... I'm glad it added the word legit otherwise I would've been concerned this wasn't on the up and up.

95. I really hope you're right about this.

96. I remember his last appearance on Raw, the live thread INSTANTLY went to "Show 75 New Comments" and all of them were "Does Dusty have something? Is he dying?"

97. Decent looking chick next to this dude.

98. Blod of Doom.Assemble!

99. Surprised they spelled everything somewhat correctly.

100. Probably just lost weight. He's like 70. At a certain point, I think you just start to decline.

101. This has the feel of a In Your House preshow from 95. I like it.

102. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:45 PM

The 4 would be my selling point.

103. Also - Shocked Undertaker Guy, you have been replaced by Stereotypical Neckbeard Guy booing at Owens' victory in that promo package.

104. And keep in mind Dusty is a WRESTLER at 70.

That's like 120 in normal person years.

105. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Did anybody else catch that Virgil's twitter pic is a picture of himself holding a sign that says
    "REAL VIRGIL! FOLLOW ME BITCH!"

106. "At Your College VI: Unstoppable"

107. It ruins that Rumble 2000 moment, but in the best way

ITS TAZZ!

108. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM

It's from Prince

109. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM

They really dropped the ball at the end.

110. Taz is in the background behind Byron.

111. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:47 PM

ROCKETBUSTA!

112. Oh snap I just wrote this at the top. Touche!

113. Rhyno is in NXT?

114. Not only is Saxton being haunted by a ghost, but there's also a bald Bray Wyatt on his other shoulder.

115. That is a large large man in a large large Balor Club shirt.

116. I hope they call him SoJo because that's terrible.

117. That guy has Kevin Kelly's voice almost down pat.

118. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM

MARV! You missed a day!

119. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM

WHAT A DAY!

120. Thaddeus MountainMay 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM

There's nothing wrong with me having the Future Mrs buy me Batman comics and pay for my food this weekend since Monday is my birthday, right?

121. Why's that girl holding a big tray of Wendy's?

122. Bored as shit outside Petco park watching my buddy buy tickets lol

Today's been interesting

123. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM

WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

124. So why can't he go by Samoa Joe again?

125. I feel like Stereotypical Neckbeard Guy might be about 70% of the NXT crowd.

126. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Sounds so right.

127. Did I ask what you were doing motherfucker!?!?!?!?

128. Bring back team names.

129. Oh I've been around for 5 or 6 Murphy meltdowns I doubt I missed much

130. Thaddeus MountainMay 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM

My source says he's staying Samoa Joe.

131. Shouldn't you be in Seattle by now?

132. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Account deleted!

133. Is Dubstep Cowboys these guys' real name, or just a smartass internet thing? Cause it's perfect.

134. Ugh. Turning this off now.

135. Yeah I've seen that before too lol

136. I AM NOT IN SEATTLE WITH EDNA RIGHT NOW!!!

137. And here I thought it'd be someone I wanted to see out there.

138. I'm not digging this special guest.

139. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM

I hope he has a son. Samoa Joe Jr. The kids can call him SoJu!

140. Petco is San Diego right? You should hang out with Jobber

141. "Me too! Look at meeeeeee!"

142. Eric Bischoff, Garret Bischoff, and Jason Hervey are suing TNA for $114,000. If TNA loses this lawsuit, do they officially file bankruptcy?

143. Dude if he comes around tell him I'm here I'm gonna try to keep an eye on the thread I'd love to meet him

144. Tonga Joe
    Joe Uso
    Kenndey Vincent
    Sloppy Joe
    Hijo del Umaga
    The Headshrinker
    Paul Shane
    Shane Kennedy

145. Meh, everything is fine.

146. I swear there must be this force field around NXT because even an appearance from Steph doesn't suck.

147. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Joey Joe Joe Shabbado

148. Jesus. They won't be able to pay anyone until 2023!

149. Of course you'll have to kill him afterwards to protect your identity.

150. Is TNA even worth that much?

I'm kind of hoping not, because it would be awesome to see TNA end up on Judge Judy.

151. There are a few I'd trust, he and you included

152. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I vote Kenndey Vincent!

153. She looks pretty, even.

154. It just has a great ring to it PAL!

155. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Renee seems like such a sweetheart. I can't imagine a single bad bone in her body except mine.

156. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Or, on Family Feud. Playing for the boys payouts.

157. It must be the mics or something because everyone of these guys sounds like Daffy Duck out there.

158. I like that Vince legitimate hates juniors.

159. Groucho Dr. Facts MarxMay 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM

So does TNA fold by the summer and everyone migrates to GFW sans Dixie?

160. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM

If your trust list involves Jobber then you're doing it wrong motherfucker.

161. Why are they suing? Breach of contract.

162. That's the worst name I ever heard.

163. And the lawsuit could also delay pay as well.

164. I bet Art complains that you didn't mention him.

165. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

*runs out crying*

"Hey! It's Joey Joe Joe!"

166. From the sound of things, TNA might fold by the time the next Observer goes to press

167. Why would I complain about something I said?

168. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

There are few things on TV more infuriating when someone gets an obvious puzzle on Wheel of Fortune wrong.

169. The flurry episode of Entourage is one of the best episodes of all time.

170. I think WWE will take a couple.

I could see them take another look at Bram and ECIII

171. Jonathan MeisnerMay 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM

NAGGERS!

172. So here I am, with my thoughts of you...and how I once believed.

173. Thaddeus MountainMay 20, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I knew you'd get it, Art!

174. Art Macklin, Man Without FearMay 20, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Refresh my memory.

175. cabspaintedyellowMay 20, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Ugh, it was "DIVE RIGHT IN"! IT WAS SO OBVIOUS! COME ON!

176. What an exciting night!

177. Oh me and Art are the same person, apparently.

Like...as though I could physically post more

178. Cena's half of that promo was awesome as well.

179. Cavs are gonna do it

180. There's a disconnect between their characters on RAW and whenever Hunter or Steph show up on NXT

181. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

182. That needs a better name than "pop up powerbomb." Hmm.

183. Why is TNA going out of business this time?

184. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.May 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM

"Poppin Fresh Powerbomb"

185. Meanwhile, in STONE MOUNTAIN, GEORGIA...