BROCK Lesnar - The BEAST in the EAST: Live From Tokyo Thread

Thanks to the paradoxes of time travel, I'm in the past posting this to the future which is right now.

LIVE from Tokyo, on the AWARD WINNING WWE Network at 5:30 AM EST/4:30 CST/3:30 MST/2:30 PST.

The matches getting the hype include Brock Lesnar's return to the ring against Kofi Kingston of The New Day, and NXT Champion Kevin Owens defending against #1 contender, Finn Balor.

Enjoy the show.

Comments

1. おはようございます!

2. Please open with Finn, Please open with Finn, Please open with Finn

3. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:18 AM

The Beast in the East. Bam Bam Bigelow is NOT happy about this.

4. Finn Balor renaming: A-
    Hideo Itami renaming: D-

5. MOTN prediction Cesaro vs DIEGO

6. *yawns* Mornin'.

7. FACT: Lex Luger carried the Allied Powers tag team.

8. Posted this at the end of the last thread - but am I only the one getting a three faces of Foley vibe around Finn? They portray him as a bit geeky normally and then when business really has to
    be done he breaks out the demon character.

9. edit to Match of the Morning

10. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Jericho/Neville.

11. Lesnar/Kingston

12. I'm wondering if this going to work like the old UK PPVs where the shows starts with an in ring promo from the Authority that rebooks the entire card.

13. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Every time I see that I think of Bam Bam.

14. The Beast FROM THE East

15. So seriously, how the hell did Diego get a singles match on this card? I know WWE is running shows in North America this weekend but...Diego?

16. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:20 AM

Nah they respect the Japanese fans.

17. He's not even facing a guy who normally gets squash matches, Big Show I could buy but Cesaro?

18. You're getting a half hour of Finn now! I need a break from him.

19. Your country's most famous wrestler is a giant fat guy called Big Daddy.

20. I hope down the line this lead to an Uhaa Nation vs Finn match for the NXT title

21. Diego's big in japan

22. William Regal > Ric Flair, you know it's true

23. Seriously, it was supposed to be New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Brass Ring Club, but Tyson's injury screwed everything up.

24. Do we get a title change? Cash in??

25. Seth Rollins is in Japan?

26. I better set my fantasy lineup now because god knows I won't be awake to do it later.

27. For the first time since Owens has came in, I'm actually cheering against him this morning.

28. OMG - Back to bed if the first thing I see is HHH and/or Steph talking for more than 5 minutes.

29. Well, now I have to read the card.

30. That still doesn't explain fucking DIEGO!

31. I didn't think about it but you're right, well except against Zayn.

32. BBC iplayer have loaded up the second documentary about ICW!
    "Insane Fight Club 2. Insane Fight Club II - This Time It’s Personal. Insane Fight Club is back. This year the boys are taking their unique form of entertainment to England as they stage fight nights
    in Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle."

33. Isn't all of Prince Devitt's old friends in Osaka now?

34. If we had mods worth a shit, they would have posted it up top.

35. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Don't think so.

36. It certainly fell apart once he left.

37. With the Finn Balor program running before the show, is this giving away that he will win the NXT title?

38. Wow. I'm an idiot. Thanks for being gentle.

39. Nikki Bella in California: The Breast in the West.

40. You know who else won on this date? AMERICA BITCH.

41. WWE normally job the home town wrestlers (well they do at the O2 anyway).

42. That little girl is Bayley's biggest fan

43. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:25 AM

Owens being on Raw every week kind of gave it away.

44. So last nights show in Tokyo was headlined by John Cena Vs Kevin Owens,with of course a Main Event DQ finish.

45. So many indies getting free advertising.

46. I love this song. Anyone know what it is?

47. Got soundhound?

48. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:26 AM

They've been doing that on house shows for the past couple weeks. It's better than Owens jobbing.

49. Todays card (subject to change of course)

WWE NXT Title Match:
    -Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens

WWE Divas Title Match:
    -Naomi vs. Paige vs. Nikki Bella

-Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston

-Neville vs. Chris Jericho

-John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane and King Barrett

-The Lucha Dragons vs. Big E and Xavier Woods

-Cesaro vs. Diego

50. Izzy! Yeah she lives for Bayley. Bayley could be HUGE with little girls.

51. Lame. Even if Owens goes over, if it didn't happen on TV, it didn't really happen.

52. good god there is a lot of us here HAZA.

53. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:27 AM

WWE 2K15's graphics are like 10 years behind.

54. Soundhound didn't recognize it. Some in house production?

55. Actually, the sun is going down in the far east.

56. That game was one big deception for me

57. dudya dubya e

58. It's going to be a unique show, good or bad and that always draws people in.

59. Nikki Bella in West Virginia: The Tits in the Shits.

60. I'm sorry this is a thread for people with ten bucks.

61. Her character is really unique in the pro wrestling world

62. 230am here. Not that I have anything planned for today anyway.

63. The sole purpose of paying Brock to be on this show is show it can have a clever name?

64. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:28 AM

Good god I hope this show opens with "BEHOLD THE KING"

65. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:28 AM

I found a totally legal stream.

66. holy christ this is the meanest thing I've ever read

67. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:28 AM

You have? That's really interesting because I haven't.

68. I can't believe you figured out a way to be meaner haha

69. Unless it's Harley Race, stop right there.

70. I don't mind contributing to the cause.

71. If Lesnar only has x matches in his contract. Why are WWE using one of them on this show for a match with no build?

72. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM

It's a gift really.

73. lol and he cant share the link! Owned!

74. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM

\_0___/

75. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM

SomthingFirstsomethingRow

76. Network subs.

77. Don't know much about RPW which is a shocker as they run shows an hour from my house. ICW is a Scottish version of ECW and is super hot at the moment - they actually have the BBC making hour long documentaries about them.

78. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I couldn't do that before anyway.

79. Because he wanted a free trip to Japan.

80. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM

I went there! All I found was some bunk ass Late Night Smackdown stream.

81. That's just me stretching and yawning, actually

82. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM

Hoisted on my own Picard.

83. Look at the dick measuring contest over here.

84. What happens if you post a link?

85. Ticket sales.

86. This may be the first time I've ever watched the live stream.

87. Goshdarnit. A thread at a decent time and I can't watch the show because the in-laws are coming round. :/

88. ALRIGHT LETS FUCKING DO THIS!

89. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM

If it was you'd be losing \_0_________________________________/

90. Are they using Titanic music for this HBK indent?

91. Your account is immediately deleted.

92. Wouldn't this be a good time to introduce them to WWE?

93. But the Bellas didn't tell us to sync up our second screen...we don't get to do that today?!?

94. TELL EM TO FUCK OFF, MATE

95. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:31 AM

TIIIIIME

96. Try here, www reddit com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3c36pj/live_wwe_network_beast_in_the_east_discussion/

97. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:31 AM

Google "live sports streaming". Second link.

98. Never see anyone have an intro like that ever again.

99. The was the most depressing network ad of all time.

100. In the description "Where to watch"

101. This show has nothing on Luger slamming Yoko on a fucking battleship.

102. Waiting for Vince to come on: "WE MADE ALL THIS SHIT UP. GO BACK TO BED".

103. You have a big white guy beating down a smaller black guy.

'Merica Fuck YEAH

104. Didn't WWE discontinue their second screen program?

105. Glad to see Americans have to get up early for once to watch this stuff.

106. A Kane sign, japan's weird

107. No mention of who Brock's fighting though.

108. *sigh* Did they have to take Michael Cole?

109. Jericho In The Sumo Ho!

110. He is back in the States in the studio.

111. And immediately my stream starts lagging!

112. 2:30 on the west coast, it's not a bad day to stay up because no one works tomorrow because of the holiday

113. Here we go! :D

114. Oh, even worse.

115. Wearing a ref's shirt. Nice.

116. WHY IS THIS INFAMOUS ARENA LOOK SO TINY

117. Chris Jericho's missing a card in Winnipeg later tonight to be here.

118. This is a stealth MOTM candidate.

119. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM

A different set. About fucking time.

120. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM

I'm in business! This looks awesome. JERICHO!

121. The regular house show set, no?

122. Oh god Byron "Mr. Electricity" Saxton here to put us all back to sleep with his hushed tones.

123. My big worry is that it would look like an normal show, really happy that isn't the case.

124. I know - but he wasn't mentioned. Poor Kofi for the beating he will receive.

125. It's funny because ever since I started watching wrestling almost 20 years ago, I've done nothing but stay up and set alarms to the early hours of the morning and it's caused nothing but havok on my day after. Happy July 4th anyway.

126. Neville in the hovel!

127. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM

No idea, I haven't been to a house show in 10 years.

128. So, are the announcers actually there?

129. "Hey we're in Japan, let's have a titan tron video that looks like a bomb hitting a city!"

130. Man, Jericho needs to lay off the botox.

131. Happy Independence Day, here's a Canadian & a Englishman fighting in Japan.

132. Beat me to it.

133. I don't know that I would call any 2015 Chris Jericho match a "dream match."

134. Remember folks, the crowd will be a quieter, more respectful bunch - don't expect a post-WM Raw style crowd.

Doesn't mean they're not well into it.

135. Jericho vs Pac + Steen vs Devitt. Some sort of indy fan's wet dream.

136. How did Chris Jericho get in the country with those tattoos?

137. This crowd is jacked! Where are the hushed tones of reverence?

138. It's a very strange decision...is there any word why he was picked? Is Kofi popular there? Or is this part of Japan's obsession with seeing large blue eyed blonde monsters dominating blacks. (because you know that could be a thing there)

139. The main event is a Canadian and a guy from Ireland fighting in Japan, it truly is our PPV

140. I'm thinking No, I can't see the desk anywhere.

141. JERICHO LOOK FAT WRESTLING BALOR LAST NIGHT. SUDDENLY NOT SO MUCH

142. See some empty seats in the upper deck.

143. The role of face in this match will be played by Y2J

144. I'm hoping for pure silence during Brock's entrance, just palpable fear.

145. Man, couldn't we have Steph or Fujinami take up the first 20 minutes and run down Itami and/or Japan? This feels too weird.

146. "GOD DAMNIT PAL THOSE JAPOS ARE CHANTING IN ENGLISH WHAT THE FUCK"

147. I'm loving the fact I get to watch a live WWE show without staying up all night :D

148. I'm hoping for a Mothra run-in, to be vanquished by Brock's atomic breath.

149. "Ask Him" in Japanese would be great.

150. Because he's expendable if destroyed?

151. Chris Jericho beat the Mountie?

152. JERICHO DOING THE SAME SPOTS THAT HE DID WITH BALOR LAST NIGHT

153. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Jericho knows all the buttons to press on a Japanese crowd. It ain't fair.

154. Who the hell would vote for Chris Jericho as the greatest IC Champ?

155. Because Lesnar is a mega ultra star in Japan, and he probably got his triple his weight paid for it in kind.

156. My favorite things from japanese crowd is the "Ooooooh !" gasp after some cool moves

157. Adam "Colorado" CurryJuly 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM

No, back in Connecticut.

158. NO LIE. THIS EXCHANGE IS ALMOST ALL IN ORDER

159. WWE has name dropped about 10 indy feds in the last hour.

160. Does anyone else find it really surreal hearing Michael Cole, on a WWE PPV, reference Dragon Gate by name?

161. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Dragon Gate name drop?

162. JERICHO GONNA TEASE THE LION SAULT AND THEN DO IT AT THE END

163. Fuck it, they're not real competition and the better they do the more places there are to pull from.

164. Biff CumberbatchJuly 4, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Oboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboy!

165. YOU SLIGHTLY FUCKED UP!

166. Jericho is feeling it this morning.

167. With greatest of respect! *bows*

168. Macklin, Man With DemonJuly 4, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Jericho is totally in his element here.

169. To be fair, Tokyo only has 13 million people. 35 million Metro.

170. The crowd clearly love him, too.

171. Biff CumberbatchJuly 4, 2015 at 3:40 AM

The Sumo Hall is such a cool venue. The best part about this show though is that it DOESN'T LOOK LIKE RAW. For Heaven's sake, that makes a huge difference.

172. Still weird to me seeing Jericho in traditional trunks & short hair.

173. I feel like Jericho's going to stop the match and sing Living On A Prayer with that stupid haircut. I just can't get past it.

174. I bet he's like this on most of the house shows, he has worked himself into a fantastic lifestyle

175. Cole throws it to commercial mid match, and I am off to bed.

176. Interesting change in production styles with a reduced camera crew.

Makes the entire show seem different from the normal shows.

177. They've loaded the card with people who've made it in Japan.

178. The crowd is adapting to the WWE environment. Just like have Japanese baseball crowds acted totally different when MLB games were played.

179. Was last night's show televised?

180. It reminds me a little bit of the Manhattan Centre a little bit.

181. THIS. No 100,000 cutaways on every impact. Take notes Vince.

182. Good! :)

183. Different setup, venue, camera cuts, and an audience that is enthusiastic? This should be fun even if the matches don't deliver

184. This might actually be the most excited I've been about a show since Wrestlemania.

185. Biff CumberbatchJuly 4, 2015 at 3:41 AM

"Let's go Nevuh!" "Y2Jeh!"

Stay awesome, Japan.

186. So Jericho is a heel again?

187. I don't see how you could be excited - there wasn't a 20 minute opening talking segment.

188. Jericho is Jericho.