Four quickies for you:
1. If Austin was able to work Wrestlemania 2000, do you think we would have seen Austin vs. Big Show, or a face vs. face Austin-Rock rematch?
2. If Luger won the NWA title in '88, do you think he would have been a true mega-star?
3. Likewise, if Luger wins the WWF Title at SummerSlam 1993, do you think he could have approached being the Hogan-replacement Vince wanted?
4. Did Scott Steiner really not get the proverbial 'jesus-push' in 1994 because he didn't want to break up the tag team? Or was there more to that? He seemed a perfect candidate to run with the title once Luger did not pan out.
1. No, it was Rock-HHH all the way, I’m still pretty sure. Austin-Show sounds more realistic, as they wouldn’t need the four-way to draw with both Austin and Rock on the show.
2. Yup. No doubt in my mind that Crockett flushed away millions.
3. Nope. He was already ruined by Flair constantly cutting him off at the knees, and then was never the same as a worker after the motorcycle accident. Even if he beats Yokozuna, he’d still flop and they’d have to go back to Bret.
4. Steiner was almost the recipient of a giant push TWICE and he refused both times because he didn’t want to break up the team, sadly. WCW tried with him in 92 and then WWF in 94. By the time Scott DID want a big singles push, what we got was Big Poppa Pump. To be fair, Japan was paying them shitloads of money and they probably didn’t want to jeopardize that.