WWE Hell in a Cell Thread

Preshow starts at 730pm.

Here is the card:

Kofi Kingston vs. Damien Sandow (Preshow Match)
Los Matadores vs. Real Americans
Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena (World Heavyweight Championship)
CM Punk vs. Ryback & Paul Heyman (Hell in a Cell Match)
Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Usos (Tag Team Championship Match)
AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella (Diva's Championship)
Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship)

Comments

1. Ziggler on the Kickoff show panel... WTF

2. What, you want him to wrestle? Don't be lame.

3. Never a good sign.. I mean seriously.. he needs to have a pipe bomb moment and just break out of this crappy booking Hell he's stuck in. He has NOTHING to lose at this point.

4. That's a step up for him judging from the past month or so.

5. Well on the bright side.. he can't job if he's not in the ring.

6. Well, he could lose his job, his health, his dignity....might be a bit late for the last thing.

7. Are we now setting up for Big E Langston vs. Ambrose now

8. BIG E doing a good job of goading Ambrose here

9. Go off script? With Stephanie in charge?Yeah that'll work out real good. Notice how Dusty Rhodes has disappeared after he ad-libbed a couple lines?

10. Damnit Dolph, do we need to teach you how to suck up to HHH?

11. So, what's the consensus on the Del Rio/Cena match? Do they put the secondary title on the biggest star in the company, or have him lose his first match back from injury?

12. A Cena video package on the pre-show? Ooh.. that's making me want to spend money on this PPV!!

13. I dont think so, there really no upside to it. He might win but I dont think he leaves the PPV as the champ.

14. He wins the title, Sandow cashes in and Cena puts him over clean in a 40 mintue ***** masterpiece

15. Upside is that the WHC is built up a little and that builds up whoever beats him. Where that leaves Sandow?? I have no idea.

16. Their biggest star is coming back tonight on PPV, why wouldn't they hype it on the PPV hype show?

17. What a shitty card. If you remove the cell, it's basically an episode of Raw

18. and then, in this little fantasy, parallax boinks AJ. Well.

19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAglUR-KXfQ

20. The only logical solution

21. The holder of the Money in the Bank Chocolate bar

22. I am a soon to be free agent... IT COULD HAPPEN

23. You're trying too hard.

24. The title can only be defended in Hersey, PA

25. Swinging for the comment of the night fences early with that one

26. Theyre not concerned with building up the WHC. It would just make Cena slosh around with a title that can be used as a prop to help sell another feud.

27. Really? I saw some jokes about that last night, but I didn't know if it was legit. So divorce is on its way? Sorry, if that's the case. We're probably the only people on here who talk openly about our past divorces--never easy.

28. Am I the only one hearing Mexicans in the background?

29. On a related note:

What "History of the WWE" is to WWE promo video's... here's ESPN's equivalent. (Greatest promo video EVER)

30. Maybe they will just use it as an excuse to turn the WHC into an ugly piece of garbage too?

31. No, I was too. I'm now looking for a perfectly legal feed.

32. I once saw Justin Credible throw punches and kicks like that. That's bush league as far as Vince is concerned. Damien--you're no longer to kick, punch, or do cartwheels.

33. Darren Young holds the hershey highway title. Too soon?

34. I hear it too and I'm watching it from WWE.com

The Mexicans are taking over!! Zeb was right.. We The People!!

35. Not too soon; just in appropriate. Which may or may not matter.

36. Wonder why they changed the color of their flag.

37. [Gonna copy-and-paste this from the other thread.]

Gotta give credit to my friend Chris who had (IMO) a fantastic idea:

Paul Heyman should be the new IC champion. It'd be pretty easy to do: Heyman claims that his influence was what led Axel to becoming champion, and, combined with the fact that Heyman HAS pinned Punk and is now the self-proclaimed true "Best in the World", he [Heyman] certainly deserves to be recognized as a champion.

For the next month or so, Heyman could easily bail on matches and get himself get disqualified/counted-out in order to retain his title, plus he'd have Ryback (and maybe someone else) as back-up. After about a month or so, though, somebody could finally beat Heyman for the title, maybe with Punk running out to nullify Ryback's interference. This could then lead to the new champion getting a nice little rub by working with Punk and Heyman. Someone like Kofi would be fantastic for the role.

Yes, I know that some people would consider this "disrespecting the lineage of the title" or whatever, but considering how little the IC title means, and how the point of the angle WOULD be to eventually put it on a worthy competitor and give them the rub, I don't really see the harm.

38. Sandow won a match.. and the Giants too??? It's the End Of The World!!!

39. I don't mind the advertisement - I mind that the advertisement was in the middle of a match!

Couldn't the announcers have just covered everything the ad said?

40. Over/under on how long into the show will it be before JBL makes an obstruction joke and acts like it is clever? (Note: I'm not watching the preshow so it may have happened already.) I say 2 matches.

41. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

...just passing through:

42. I don't begrudge Kofi for being content, but I'm not sure if I understand it. He has stepped up every time they asked him to, he's a human highlight reel--could have been an upper mid-card mainstay... wait, do they even have an upper mid card?

43. Now youre just reaching for upvotes reposting a good comment

44. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I'd HATE to see what that belt looks like.

45. If they do he's in it, how many times has he won the IC title?

46. Is that the BEST photo they could take of Shawn Michaels?? He looks like a cross-eyed child molester in that promo.

47. Daniel Bryan is going to win the belt. I'm holding out hope.

48. 47 times i think. He's trying to beat Jerry Lawlers USWA Title record.

49. They could keep up the Shield 'mercenary' gimmick and have them hired by Heyman to protect him and the belt.

50. Yea, I see your points. I think hes in a GREAT spot though. Hes like Cena Jr for the midcard, a smiling happy babyface geared for kids. Makes a ton of merch money. He could be doing more but id bet theres a TON of guys whod like his spot.

51. I'm picking the dark horse again for the second ppv in a row--Abeyance. With Big Show, HHH, and HBK all involved, I think Abeyance still has a shot.

52. Its gonna be tough for you to beat last nights new Tessmacher one.

53. It has a spinning cock in front of it.

54. I wouldn't put it past HHH to do it. We all know how much he hates internet fans, and he undoubtedly knows how much the smarks hate the angle. I bet he thinks it's hilarious. At a certain point it may even reach that go on so long it becomes funny tipping point.

55. I'm kinda torn, because if he wins it (which would be awesome) then they've prematurely flushed everything they've been building towards for the past couple of months, Orton's re-emergence , The "authority" stable, the stuff with the big show, the stuff with the Rhodes family. All of that means so much more when HHH, Stephanie are in power and the title is around Orton's waist.

But on the other hand....Bryan would be champ.

56. Definitely has a shot. Would suck ass, but hey...how would that be new?

57. Any role with Heyman being an over the top coward is approved by me

58. Yeah its legit... Its not easy, but its not a horrible development... we'll both be better off.

59. Hes the fucking heartbreak kid though

60. Kinda wish they had thrown Wyatt family in to tag title clusterfuck.

61. Just woke up. Hungover. Hell in a Cell it is.

62. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

63. How long has Sheamus been out again? I can't even remember how he got injured.

64. How long before they hit us over the head with BS promos for that video game??

65. Rad little set there...

66. I kinda dig Rhodes' theme.

67. Interesting blend on their music

68. MITB, I believe. or the MITB at SS?

69. damn them, for promoting their own video game.

70. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

HHH: "I'm so MAD I have to BURY people!!!"

71. He took the summer off to work on his tan.

72. I like that golddust and cody mash up

73. Negative Nancy!

74. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Stop downvoting me, John Cena.

75. Ok, I know they say "Samoa." Aside from that....no f'ing clue.

76. One more comment!

77. There was no MITB match at Summerslam.

78. U SO CRAZY!

(Sounds better when I say it)

79. Then MITB. He had that nasty bruise on his leg, but apparently, it was the least of his problems.

80. Or a Nervous Nellie who is afraid of change

81. Nothing wrong with advertising, but the WWE tends to go overboard when it's their own product..

82. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM

The Shield should have the Freebird rule with ALL the title they hold.

83. Vince: "Rey earn your fucking check, go talk to the lawn mowers!"

84. Change can lick my ass. Twice. Cause that's how it always happens.

85. Rey's last match, if you can remember it your memory is something special.

86. Rey on commentary? I don't know about all that. His promos were never exactly a strong suit

87. Yeah but it's their own product.

88. Oh god, retired Rey Mysterio kinda sucks.

89. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM

90. Asian ref. Now I've seen it all

91. "Oh god, Rey Mysterio kinda sucks."

FIFY

92. 33% chance of winning? Are they playing paper rock scissors for the titles?

93. So who yells into the Spanish guys headsets?

94. Let's ask Scott Steiner.

95. You know they can be trusted to count because Asians are good at math!

96. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

JBL is gonna have a field day with the "peripheral vision" jokes.

97. Want the Rhodes to win because I'm not off the bandwagon yet.

98. King: "That was an inverted atomic drop."

Parallax: "Fuck you! Get your own schtick!"

99. WWE.COM: Rey Mysterio just banged his knee on the Spanish Announcer's desk and will be out for the next 6-8 months. Her's wishing him a speedy recovery!

100. Vince's non-union Mexican equivalent.

101. Hey now...it's not like he's Sin Cara.

102. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM

El McMahnico?

103. It would be Russoesque to take the straps off them so soon.

104. I can't imagine John Cena going on anytime other than last, unless Sandow cashes in. Because I can't see Cena losing his first match back or being WHC.

105. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I still think the Rhodes boys should come out in Polka Dots at least once.

106. Damn I'm actually excited to Ambrose vs Langston.

107. "Because I can't see Cena..."

He's been telling you that for years!

108. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

He wouldn't have made it out of his house.

109. Since a ref's job is to help drive the in ring action, I would expect a clusterfuck here..

110. That was actually quite good.

111. I know we always bitch about Big E's finisher, but is there a reason he doesn't just land on his side so it at least looks like the opponent is taking the brunt of the landing?

112. Fuck you. That's why.

-WWE Creative

113. That's what she said

114. Sweet monkey Jesus. Lawler just said he saw Bad Grandpa. Jerry. Your age. Act it. At least a little.

115. (pondering divorce comment)

(nah)

116. Perfectly acceptable wrestling here.

117. These guys have the uncanny ability to make me LESS interested in the match.

118. "have you noticed Goldust has all these movie references?" Yeah King, back in 95

119. Sometimes it's like they're fucking trying to be annoying.

120. :: Breaks down in tears ::

121. Where else is he supposed to meet girls? He's still cursing the death of arcades!

122. They could go a half hour easy.

123. Nah Eastern European Facebook knockoffs probably.

124. The twitter scroll on a PPV? lol

125. "That's what she said."

-Parallax

126. I always like the 'knock the partner off the apron to stop the hot tag' spot.

127. Man you just idolize me don't you

128. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Repost...just cause:

129. Goddammit....I hate it when they have no DQ matches and it doesn't just become a tornado match.

130. Yes.

Or, I enjoy mocking you.

Feel free to pick your pleasure.

131. No one calls them the U.S.O's, JBL. Shut up.

132. Seth Rollins not exactly the master of trashtalk

133. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM

...old man?

134. Seth is so annoying. Who knew he'd be such a good heel.

135. Where is the show tonight?

136. He is the oldest dude in the ring.. which makes me feel that much older.

137. The "Get it up Old man" was pretty creepy . . .

138. Cody's moonsault press is awesome.

139. Its like JBL forgot how to talk to people when he was out trekking mountains. Hes awful now

140. Cody is almost main event-level "over" these days. I'm not sure if a feud with Goldust at WM is the right thing for him.

141. Rikishi drop. Or at least that's how I think of it.

142. Hmmm... wonder if WWE even remembers how over Bryan was there.

143. HHH has dibs on him after he goes over bryan

144. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Nice Samoan drop.

145. So are we all in agreement that Orton and Cena are getting the belts tonight. And will they run Orton vs DB part 4 at survivor series?

146. This is awesome.

147. Some rare praise for WWE. they have actually succeeded in making me somewhat interested in the tag titles in the past year or so.

148. The Greg Valentine heel stuff is interesting. I wouldn't want to be a heel today - back then, you could be overtly racist, sexist, etc and get cheap heat. In the 'Be a Star' era, you lack so many tools versus back then. All you can do now is piss on someone's sports team.

149. The real JBL died on that mountain and what we have now is a Life Model Decoy.

150. Maybe I'll follow your example and pick lots and lots of candy as my pleasure

151. Hm. Does he have a faint mustache?

152. The long Team Hell No and Shield reigns have helped quite a bit.

153. Someone's been watching some PWG...

154. What the hell was that?

155. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I feel for the wrestlers in the match after this. This will be hard to follow up.

156. Definitely. I almost feel like theyre "weekending at bernies" us

157. What The Fuck!!! HOLY SHIT CHANT!!!

158. Never saw that one before, poor Seth has no control over his body in that situation.

159. Actually yeah it started with Team Hell no, before that it was kofi and random tag partner or epico and primo.

160. Going over Sandow for the WHT

161. Man has any group ever delivered so much in such a short amount of time as the Shield?

162. Who woulda known that long dominant title reigns can raise the prestige of a title.

163. Charismatic e-Negro Jef VinsonOctober 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

He sold that "Cross Rhodes" like death.

164. That was even better than I thought it would be

165. Lies and propaganda!

-WWE Creative

166. Nope, that's why I'm glad they quickly got over that slump earlier this year.

167. wow that was a great finish. Really good match too.

168. Not in the WWE.

169. Cody hit that cross rhodes so well he almost added an extra revolution

170. great opening match.